Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-02-2012, 23:26

27 y/o Male from Canada
lafitte504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
methadone and t1s make u fail a test

ok so my dogs having this issue... the dog recebtly broke his femur.. the docs doc has allowed momma dog to go pick it up for his and has allowed a 7 daycarry... now dog has not once abused it untold this..... once dog can move around again he will have to go everyday everytho dog is taking oxy right now for the leg with will end soon as well as t1s..... dogs doc says the dog must be clean of everything including t1s!!!!!

now me myself thing is this so stupied as they sell this to kids over the counter its not like i need a dealer to get it and its also in cough syrup so what the hell why is he making it harder when t1s arent a drug

ideas... thoughts... suggestions

Post Quality Evaluations:
We can't answer your question if we don't know what you're asking. I suggest you brush up on your drug knowledge as well as your grammar and the way you present information to the forum.
Old 16-02-2012, 23:55
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Hockeydemon is on the way upHockeydemon is on the way upHockeydemon is on the way upHockeydemon is on the way up
Points: 403, Level: 3 Points: 403, Level: 3 Points: 403, Level: 3
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Re: methadone and t1s make u fail a test

I am having a hard time following your post. Could you articulate the question a little better for me? Your dog's doctor should have no authority over whether or not your dog is clean; though it is inadvisable to make your doctor think your dog has a drug problem.
Old 17-02-2012, 00:24
Titanium Member

Male from Australia
Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.
Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafitte504 View Post
now me myself thing is this so stupied as they sell this to kids over the counter its not like i need a dealer to get it and its also in cough syrup so what the hell why is he making it harder when t1s arent a drug
Drug
noun
  1. A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular
  2. A medicine, esp. a pharmaceutical preparation
    • - a new drug aimed at sufferers from Parkinson's disease
  3. A substance taken for its narcotic or stimulant effects, often illegally
    • - a drug addict
    • - mass adoration is a highly addictive drug
Codeine is a drug. That is why we have a forum for it. Full of posts about people using, abusing and destroying their lives by becoming addicted to this paqrticular opiate. I have a suggestion - if you want to lead a drug free lifestyle, don't take drugs. My suggestion is to abstain from "T1s", you clearly have a problem with them if you need to vent on the internet about a medical professional becoming legitimately concerned with your opiate use, and you don't even appear to know the name of the actual drug you are taking - it is called codeine, T1 is a brand name exclusive to North America.

If you continue to abuse codeine, please at the very least make yourself familiar with a cold water extraction or CWE - taking multiple Tylenol pills at once is potentially lethal and at the very least is causing long-term liver damage.

This made me laugh at its directness, not to mention it's totally true information.
your comments are extremely legitimate, codeine has and will ruin lives, alcohol is also sold legal "over the counter" yet it DESTROYS LIVES by the truck load, legality means nothing, look at research chemicas
Old 17-02-2012, 01:07
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafitte504 View Post
This is problematic. Some top-rate advice has already been given by Exitlude, but I'll add my two cents. Just because you don't need a dealer does not mean it's not a drug, and once again, Exitlude explained quite well why codeine is a drug (just like APAP is a drug, albeit not psychoactive), and a potentially very harmful one at that.

Also, what does methadone have to do with this question? I'm confused... but this is in the Methadone forum. I'm sure it does but I just don't get where it fits in. You say you're taking oxycodone for your leg; they're not the same thing. Something about your dog's mother and a 7 day carry until your dog can move around again? Why is your dog on methadone? What drug test are you taking, and who is administering it? Why don't you want to listen to your doctor? Please explain so we can help.

Exitlude also raised a very important point about the amount of APAP in those pills. How many are you taking a day? To the best of my knowledge, there's only 8mg of codeine and 325mg of APAP in Tylenol 1's and it could take a bunch of those to get you a buzz. This can be incredibly dangerous. And is the oxycodone you're taking for your leg straight oxycodone, or is it in combination with APAP as well, like Percocet? If it's Percocet, you are ingesting a massive, and dangerous, amount of APAP per day. Taking more than 3,000mg of APAP/day (or roughly 10 of your Tylenol 1s) can have detrimental effects on your liver health, as can taking more than 1,000mg (more than 3) in one dose. For a while, the max recommended amount of APAP per day was set at 4,000mg but I believe some more recent studies have lowered this number to 3,000mg (as I said). I'll try to find some for you.

EDIT: Check out this link for information regarding APAP toxicity. The reason the maximum recommended daily dose of APAP has been lowered to 3,000mg is because people were frequently taking other medications that contained acetaminophen and were thus ingesting far over 4,000mg per day.

Excellent, straight-forward, relevant harm reduction information that expands upon the other post.

Last edited by baZING; 17-02-2012 at 02:05. Reason: Included info on APAP toxicity
Old 17-02-2012, 22:17

27 y/o Male from Canada

i just thought wouldent think the methadone doc would mind me taking t1s i dont see how me taking the odd t1 when im aching is so bad as its sold over the counter
Old 18-02-2012, 06:08
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute

Okay, you're really missing the point here. If you want us to help you, please take the time to respond to the other questions we're asking. Such as:

Why are you on methadone in the first place? Did you have an old opiate addiction? Codeine, which is in Tylenol 1s, is an opiate. (This is why your methadone doctor has a problem.)

Who is prescribing the oxycodone for your leg?

How did you break your femur?

Again, what does this have to do with methadone?

Why don't you understand the problem with Tylenol 1s?

Why do you need Tylenol 1s if you also have oxycodone for your leg?

If you can't answer these questions, there is nothing I (or anyone else) can do for you.
Old 18-06-2012, 04:32

21 y/o Male from United States
BrandonJCdude92 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

That kids an idiot guys, Hes an addict, doesnt know what hes talking about. Just leave him alone and dont respond. He can take his dumb childish games somewhere else! This methadone forum is for us folks in MMT... Goodbye!

No need for flaming. This is rude and unhelpful. Other members were merely trying to do what they could to be of some use. And, for the record, the methadone forum is for all who have interest... not just for those on MMT.
Flaming someone who isn't able to write a consistent sentence is not necessary. And no, the methadone forum is not exclusively for maintenance patients. your post is at least very unfriendly. AND it does add nothing to the thread. Useless.
you have no idea what you are talking about, this person may be on mmt and had surgery which needed other pain killing medication. you are jumping to conclusions and being very rude before the whole story is told, you are being hostile
Old 18-06-2012, 04:59
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,151, Level: 14 Points: 9,151, Level: 14 Points: 9,151, Level: 14
Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJCdude92 View Post
That kids an idiot guys, Hes an addict, doesnt know what hes talking about. Just leave him alone and dont respond. He can take his dumb childish games somewhere else! This methadone forum is for us folks in MMT... Goodbye!
Brandon,

maybe the OP lacks some writing skills and has problems to tell us the point of his issues.
This is no reason to be unfriendly in a way thatis bordering to flaming.
Calling someone an idiot is not how we talk about one another.

And:
The Methadone Forum is not exclusively for MMT patients, methadone is also widely used in pain therapy and is widely (mis-) used recreationally.
All users and people only interested in a substance have a right to take part in the discussions on this board.

You Might wanna report your post to the moderators for editing.
You do it like this:
click the small exclamation mark on top right of the post, then a dialogue opens where you can state what you want to report and what should be done to your post.

Please re-read the rules of DF.

Regards
TBBW
Old 18-06-2012, 22:35

27 y/o Male from Canada

Ok let me answer some of ur questions my dog got fed up with his normal doc not doing anything about his cronic back and neck pain with is party because of suliocus SP sorry my spelling isent the best bare with me anyways witch is caused partly from browns eye sysdrom witch messed up my spin dog wasent even able to do a full day at school or work and he got frusterated and said he would help him self and started talking oxycondon and oxycottin then he realized that this would turn into addiction and went and saw a methadone doctor he had quit oxys completly and started just taking the odd t1 because I figure it was sold to anyone witch it is here then I had a very back break in my femur and was given oxycodon for awhile and once it ran out I still needed the t1s cuz the methadon wasent holding me enought not to menson I had the broken femur at this time my mom was able to pick up 7 day carrys and that all went well but he still needed something for the leg so would take the odd t1 anyways so my doctor wouldent give me carry even tho I was more on it for pain management he was saying well people sell it blah blah well I could of just walked to the frige and sold the carrys I was given before so I thought it was a bit u far to treat me like a junky and would sell then when I hhave never done that and takent it as percirbed anyways now to present day I'm no longer takeng t1 and I'm one a split does that seems to be working better I'm still having a hard time with my leg but I was able to pass enought tests to get 2 days carry witch is nice because the leg needs rest just lately he's had probs sleeping on his good side and wakes up in pain iv tryed the sleeping pills they sell but they don't do to much anyways as long as things go well he will get more carrys even tho I techanly get a carry each day because its a split does and don't one have to go once I just feel that if ur percibed t3s etc u shouldent be punished for it and as for t1s I think its stupied that u get in trouble when u accouly have pain but what can u do I guess just try and make best of it

This is pretty much entirely unreadable. Over 400 words without a single comma or period has got to be some kind of record!
For returning to update, and for spelling out your situation much more clearly than before. Thank you.
Please don't forget to breath between sentences.
Old 18-06-2012, 23:05
Banned

Male from United States

Lafitte, thanks for updating. I just have a few questions still if you don't mind, as I understand much more where you're coming from now but a couple of things are still a bit unclear.

It sounds like you are mostly on the methadone for pain management, but are you also on it as a result of a past opiate addiction, or does an addiction have nothing to do with it (other than the fact you stopped with the OxyContin and oxycodone before it got out of hand)? The only reason I ask that is because in the US, I believe in most cases, methadone prescribed for pain management isn't handled the same way it is when prescribed for maintenance. You get a script, you fill it, and you have it. So, I was previously confused when you kept referring to the strictness of your carry-home doses and the fact you have to go to the doctor so frequently to get your medication. Is that just the way methadone is handled in Canada, regardless of why it's prescribed? Or are you on it for dual-purpose?

Just to clarify, then: right now you're only on methadone, is this correct? No more tylenol 1's or 3's, or are you still prescribed some sort of codeine/APAP combination on top of the methadone? I'm referring to this post when I ask about the T3's. I'm glad to hear the split dose seems to be doing more for your pain.

When you say "I've tried the sleeping pills they sell," what do you mean by that? Do you mean OTC sleeping pills? I'm only asking because I must mention that you've got to be careful mixing any sleep aid with methadone, even something as mild as an anti-histamine (various anti-histamines tend to be the active ingredient in many OTC sleep aids). If you're having trouble sleeping for any reason, just talk to your doctor. I'm sure he'd be willing to help do something that he knows to be safe.

Thanks once again for updating.

Last edited by baZING; 18-06-2012 at 23:23.
Old 18-06-2012, 23:20

27 y/o Male from Canada

Yes I didecided I dident want to get addicted to oxycotin so I went to the methadone doctor and he put me on methadone for the pain I'm no longer taking t1s but when I went to my doc he gave me t3s even tho I dident ask or bring it up go I haven't taken any as the carrys are very important to me and now I seem to be having some pain in my hip they put a rod in my bone from the hip to the knee with a screw in each end so I'm not to sure what's going on and as for the sleeping pills there just called sleep eze and as just on the sheves and don't realy work the best and ya they pretty much handle the methadone just as if ur a addict
Old 19-06-2012, 03:48
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,151, Level: 14 Points: 9,151, Level: 14 Points: 9,151, Level: 14
Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5%

Lafitte,
Thanks for updating.

What your doctor does seem to be the normal safety procedures with narcotics. This does not mean he takes you for a drug-seeking addict. You should better see this as the normal way the doctor is trying to keep you safe.
As said by the above poster, taking multiple narcotics at the same time can very easy lead to unwanted overdosing. Regardless for what purpose you take these meds, one gotta take the utmost care to not overdose. Many fatal outcomes with combining several substances that work on the same body functions.
You don't wanna wake up and see that you died in the night because you forgot to breathe due too many pain pills, eh?

Great that the methadone works so well for you as a pain management medictaion. There unfortunately is this stigma as a junky drug. Methadone could help many more people if they could accept that it is ideal for pain management because of it's long duration of effect. Methadone isn't something evil or demonic just because it helps addicts to find a way back to normal life.

Lafitte, keep updating us.
Best wishes

TBBW

Share this on:

Tags
drug, methadone

» New Threads
Methiopropamine Experiences
Last post by Dwight89
53 Replies, 74,112 Views
1 big hit vs several small hits in...
Last post by Nosferatus