Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 13-02-2012, 00:26

Male from United States
In Pain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Please help...questions about Pain Clinic drug tests....

Ok, I looked thru the drug test section and didn't see an answer to my question. I may have missed it, if so, I apologize.

I am a chronic pain suffer from a car accident over 20 yrs ago. I am in a wheelchair. I have pain in my back where the vertabrae were fused. There is nothing surgically they can do. I have tried therapy and it didn't work, although, I am considering trying it again, because at the time, I was working full time so the working may have made the pain worse.

Anyway, I was on Fentanyl patches for about 3 years and I would get 30 vicoden per month for breakthru pain. I got very tired of the patches. I was sick of the process of putting them on. When I would scratch them off in the middle of the night or if they would just come off because of sweat I would be forced to go to my doctor and plead for a new patch. Hence, this would make me look like a drug seeker. Because of this, I was referred to a pain clinic. I asked them to step me off the patches and I wanted to try different oral meds and try to treat the pain only when it was too bad for me to handle. Rather than be medicated at all times and the hassle of the patches.

So now I am off Fentanyl, thank God. And I am on Oxcodone 15mg 3 times per day. It works but I sometimes just have to endure some pain. But I am fine with that.

Recently, I got together with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while and we played wheelchair tennis. At the time, I felt fine and we played pretty agressively, well agressively for me. This was on a Friday afternoon. By Sat morning I was in very bad pain. I took the oxycodone 15mg and it did NOTHING. I didn't want to double dose and certainly didn't want to just wait it out. There was no way I was going to call the clinic on a Sat or go to an ER (as that is part of their rules...don't go to the ER) as really, I feel like I am treated like they think I am a drug addict at the pain clinic as it is. So, I had one 50mcg Fentanyl patch remaining from when I used to be on them. I put it on. It helped immensly and got me thru the rough "patch" (pun intended ) I wore it for 2 days and refrained from taking the oxycodone during that time. I even tinkered with the idea of going back to fentanyl patches but I just hated the process so much and the fact that I was medicated 24/7. Anyway, finally, Here is my question.

How long will Fentanyl 50mcg stay in my system for a PAIN CLINIC URINE TEST. Not a work drug screen. But the kind of drug urine test that a PAIN CLINIC would administer and NOT the dipstick kind, the kind where they send it to a lab. And trust me, they did because I got a $500 lab bill to prove it. I had to take one about 4 months ago, which was about 3 months into my time at this pain clinic. Gotta love someone who is in obvious pain being forced to PAY to prove they aren't abusing. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty...anyway, a big thanks to everyone who has forced pain clinics to do this, btw.

Here is my reason for asking. I am torn. Part of me says, just tell the Dr what happened and my reasoning for using the patch. BUT, with the set of rules the pain clinic gave me and the way they treat me overall, or at least the way I feel they treat me, I am afraid if I just tell them the truth they will say I violated my contract and boom....I am screwed and in pain for life. The other part of me says, don't say a word. I am not doing this again because for one, I don't even have any patches left and two, I don't want to be labeled an abuser if by chance they did test me. And trust me, I thought about this for about 30 mins of sheer pain before I said screw it and put the patch in question on, I was not going to sit there in pain.

Now I don't know if they plan on doing a drug test any time soon. And most likely, they probably won't, as like I said, I was already tested about 4 months ago. So the odds of them springing a test on me are slim. But I have an appt coming up and I am trying to decide whether I just don't mention it and hope and pray that I don't get tested. Or just tell them and hope and pray they don't just kick me out of the program. Now my heart says that they will understand, but my brain says, its not worth telling them and chancing it if it won't even be an issue.

SO. back to the question. How long does a fentanyl 50mcg patch worn for 2 days stay in your system when taking a PAIN CENTER URINE drug test sent to a LAB.

Sorry if this is rambling but I read the rules and it says be descriptive, give reasons and so I am trying to be as accurate as possible.

And honestly, and no offense, if your answer is "just tell them, they'll understand" don't bother. I know that is an option, one that I will probably end up going with. I just have to weigh whether telling the truth and POSSIBLY being black listed is worth being honest.

Thanks in advance for you help and answers.

In Pain

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz1mAABfmaF

In Pain added 821 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Anyone?

Last edited by In Pain; 13-02-2012 at 00:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-02-2012, 00:45
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Please help...questions about Pain Clinic drug tests....

have you looked at the time fentanyl is detectable in urine? my guess is that it will be out of your system in a matter of 3 days 5 days maximum. when is your next appointment at the pain clinic?

unless you are going to get tested in the next couple days i would not worry about it. if you dont want to tell you doctor about using the fentanyl than dont.

most opiates get out of your system in a matter of 3 days, i know that fentanyl is a very very short acting drug, which is why for it to be effective you wear a patch that continuously releases it into your system.

if your appointment is 3 or 4 days away you should be fine.
Old 13-02-2012, 01:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

Fentanyl may not cause a positive result in a standard opiate urine test. Many opiate tests test only for morphine (which both codeine and heroin break down into). This is true for both home/business kits and laboratory testing. Fentanyl does not break down into morphine, and is therefore not detected by these tests.
But home and laboratory testing is available that will detect Fentanyl. So test results will depend on the particular type of test that is used and whether or not laboratory verification is required.
Fentanyl is detectable for up to 48 hours, after last use.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:30

Male from United States

THANK YOU BOTH!

I have no worries then. My appt is a while away and this happened about a week ago anyway so...Thanks!

I hate the fact that I have to worry about such a thing and take the chance of being labeled something that I am not.

Again, thanks!
Old 13-02-2012, 02:33
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from United States
GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1

Like Mr.Who stated above, you should be good after 3 days, especially since it was only one patch for 2 days and not many of them for prolonged periods. And I don't think it is necessary to tell your doctor about using it unless you wanted to get back on the Fentanyl. Especially if they treat you like you are abusing, even though you aren't. It seems like the likelihood of them testing you soon is low, so there is no necessity to tell them. I wouldn't worry about it too much my friend

Big props to you for getting off the fentanyl even though your pain is so prevalent. That mentality shows that you indeed aren't abusing. I hope your doctor would recognize this after your move off fentanyl and your willingness to live with some pain. So even if you were to get tested, you would probably not be blacklisted if you did decide to tell them the truth. Every situation is different though so who knows. I would assume a hardheadedness with pain doctors since they deal with addicts on a daily basis (often addicts that they have themselves created...) Best of luck to you, i think everything will be fine.
Green
Old 13-02-2012, 02:34
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7

ya man your golden you week is probably double the amount of time you need, but keeping peace of mind into the equation a week is about the minimum time you want to give yourself.
Old 18-02-2012, 09:03

Male from United States

GedatusGreen and Coolhandluke,

Thank you both for the reassurance.

To be honest, they really don't do all that much to make me feel like an abuser. The Dr says he trusts me, as one time I had a pill count and I was off by 2 15mg oxycodones. Which isn't alot and he was totally understanding. But I guess just from being forced into going to the pain clinic in the first place from my family Dr and the first pain Dr at a different clinic I saw just totally treated me like shyt. So I asked my Dr to refer me to a different pain clinic and the only one was inside of a hospital, so of course, every time I go I am literally checking in for an out-patient visit and not only do I get billed by the Dr, I get billed by the hospital. I compared the $139 charge by the hospital as a 15 min room rental. Of course my ins picks up 80% but still, what a crock of shyt! So at this new pain clinic in the hospital, the paper work you fill out goes over all this stuff that if you do this, your kicked out, if you do that, you kicked out....and so on. So, it's probably just me and my perception. But anyone on any narcotics that really needs them knows, that even the pharmacy looks at you like your abusing. Since I am out of work I am up all night. So I go to the pharmacy once to get a Rx filled at 4am at a 24 hr pharmacy. Even though the date on the Rx was correct and it was that date, he said come back at 8am. I'm like wtf? It is the correct date, I am here inside, in my wheelchair and your telling me to come back 4 hours later? Like if he filled it then, I'd be abusing it but 4 hours later...I'd be alright. Again, it was the correct fill date. He goes on to say "it's the spirit of the law, the day actually begins at 8am. I almost called the freaking police I was so pissed. I mean I understand if I was there at midnight as the date changed, but come on! And even if I was there at midnight, what am I going to do any different if I get my meds at 12:01am on the day it's due or 8am? Like if I got it at 12:01am I'd go abuse it, but if I wait until 8am then I am completely legit. So he says he doesn't want people lined up at midnight. My reply is so you'd rather them be lined up at 8am? So I ask, what if I had a job and I had to work at 8am and I need my dose by 3pm (which I did). He said, well you'd have to come back at lunch or after work. I mean I get it, there are people abusing them. But for the love of God, if you have an Rx and it says a date, just fill it on that freaking date! He ended up filling it for me at 4am, but said next time, I'd have to come after 8am. I almost told him screw you and just went to another pharmacy that opened at 10am but I'm usually sleeping then so I just said "thanks". I guess it's stuff like that that makes you feel like your being treated like an abuser.

Anyway, thanks so much for all the replies I've gotten. Much appreciated!
Old 25-08-2012, 06:32

55 y/o Male from United States
dcken173 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
Fentanyl may not cause a positive result in a standard opiate urine test. Many opiate tests test only for morphine (which both codeine and heroin break down into). This is true for both home/business kits and laboratory testing. Fentanyl does not break down into morphine, and is therefore not detected by these tests.
But home and laboratory testing is available that will detect Fentanyl. So test results will depend on the particular type of test that is used and whether or not laboratory verification is required.
Fentanyl is detectable for up to 48 hours, after last use.
note i took a patch 75mg and was still in my urine 9 days after taking and got the boot.note only took 1

dcken173 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

could thi s be true.

Last edited by dcken173; 25-08-2012 at 06:32. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
clinics, drug, drug screen, drug test, drug test question, drug testing, drug tests, drugs, drugs test, drugs-forum, fentanyl, pain clinic, pain clinics