Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 08:09

Male from United States
Brau0318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Baking soda and Adderall

A friend of mine took 1mg of his xanax last night at 12:30, and he fell asleep by 1 which is his normal bed time. This morning he woke up around 8:30 and decided to try talking baking soda an hour before his nomal a.m doseage of adderall (30mg IR). About 45 mins after the baking soda which he said was a tablespoon mixed with 4-5 ounces of water, he had diarrhea. Nothing horriable. Then took his am doseage of adderall and about an hour and half later he feels really tired, very minor nausea and cant stop yawning. Why would this combination cause him to be tired? He says the baking soda feelings like it did nothing at, while in the past he has had sucess with tums.

Brau0318 added 848 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Well NOBODY has anything to say?!? I'm going to take magnesium chelate at night, and b-6 and l-tyrosine in the morning. Do that for a week and take a break.

Last edited by Brau0318; 12-02-2012 at 08:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United States
makin is on the way upmakin is on the way upmakin is on the way upmakin is on the way up
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Baking soda and Adderall

I saw your post earlier today and did what you had suggested. and an hour before my noon dose of adderall I had 1 tablespoon of baking soda. I have heard the same as you that it should increase the strenghth of the dose.

I didn't feel much of a difference in fact it felt a less comfortabe however there is a possiblility it lasted longer than normal base soley on the fact I am posting early in the AM about taking my noon dose....

and it feels like I will be up for at least another hour or so. I might experiment with my early morning dose and see the effects. I will let you know
Old 12-02-2012, 18:44

Male from United States

Kinda of came to the conclusion that maybe some people just naturally have higher ph levels than others. Therefore for people like that the first time adderall is consumed it has the same effect as thoose that use alklizing agents. The tums expirence could have been placebo. There was a time when one dose of adderall peaked for 6 hours on an IR tablet without any aids other than smart water.
Old 13-02-2012, 19:44

Male from United States
My_Friend_Addy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

My friend discovered a neat little trick for trying to lower the ph of your stomach safely. Eating plain baking soda can cause various unwanted side effects due to the components, essentially what my friend says is that you need to make a "smoothie" of sorts. Grab some milk, a tablespoon of baking soda, some nesquik or other sweetener (don't use fake sugar), a small dose of caffeine, and then pop in however much adderall you want to take. My friend said crushed XR's work the best.

Essentially, caffeine will jump start your system, speed up metabolism, yadda yadda, and counteract the negatives of taking straight baking soda. The sweetener is just for a better experience. Some fake sugars actually have a mildly acidic Ph, hence why you should avoid them if your looking to enhance the adderall's effects.

Overall though, everyone is different, so perhaps your friend just reacts differently to a slightly basic stomach Ph?
Old 13-02-2012, 22:19

Male from United States

That actually sounds very interesting. He's always looking for something new to try. Yeah it seems he gets a better use out of his doses when he takes it on an empty stomach with no "enhancers". Also notices if he drinks 2-3 beers before it gets alittle intense.
Old 29-02-2012, 04:31

22 y/o Male from United States
djb1034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1

I've always found that a tablespoon of baking soda seems to make my adderall last a lot longer, useful when I'm running low on my prescription, but occasionally it feels like it intensifies it, to a negative degree, where I feel like I've taken too much (anxiety, heart palpitation, etc.). This is usually when I'm doing all nighter adderall binges during finals week so it could just be due to higher than usual adderall dosages or the effects of not sleeping for several days. Also, one time I overdid the baking soda (took a bit over 2 tablespoons within 1 hour) and had really bad diarrhea for several hours and felt pretty shitty, so I'd be careful not to take too much, I generally stick to tums now since then haha
Old 09-03-2012, 04:20
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
addersloth is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

baking soda ( and tums) basifies stomach where adderall is digested and increase the length which it takes to be absorbed then excreted by the body. He might have felt nothing since he has a high tolerance, he had food in his stomach when he took it, his body PH was already fairly neutral to begin with ( good diet and in shape)

See post : increase adderall effectiveness
Old 21-08-2012, 18:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male from United States
thecatinthehat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

I can say swim saw the post recently and became intrigued by the idea. Anyways swim did his research and found it should work so he decided to test it out for a few days ago. Swim was happy to report he found it was effective and he notice a somewhat moderate difference in affect of the drug. Swim also said it was a positive change in nature.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall xr, aderall, benzo, caffeine, drug, drugs-forum, ssri, xanax