Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 03:07
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
selfdestruct85 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
A Poppy seed tea experience- pretty damn strong. How about you folks?

My former friend Dufus tried the poppy seed tea a few times now. Hasn't done it in months because Dufus doesnt want to end up with an addiction but dufus knows it is pretty cool to do now and then. The one thing Dufus noticed is that poppy seed tea seems way trippier than the effects associated with say munching vicodins. I mean that stuff had Dufus watching the tigers vs. the rangers last fall straight leaned on the couch feeling bubbly as fuck. Dufus felt awesome, and that was only half the tea bottle. Dufus made one dose with about 1/2 pound of organic seeds. Dufus was surprised by how much the stuff blows ya back haha. Whoever thought of this method is a genius. It's pretty much fool proof legal and it's the same as doing morphine and codeine at the same time Dufus thinks. Dufus was sad the Tigers lost but still felt pretty darn relaxed Dufus had always been curious if others got the same effect.
Old 20-02-2012, 01:54
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Czech Republic
stryke is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: A Poppy seed tea experience- pretty damn strong. How about you folks?

My monkey prepared poppy seed tea from 0.5 kg of poppy seeds. She put 0.5 kg (approx) into 1 litre of boiling water and let it boiling for 15 minutes. Then she decanted and collected liquid. The product was yellowish liquid with oily taste (seed is full of oil). She drunk whole 1 litre and no effects occur for her. My monkey has large tolerance to opiates so maybe due to this she do not feels any effect. It doesn't mean there were no opiates present in extract!
Old 20-02-2012, 13:34
Silver Member

Female from United States
Morrigan_la_Fey is a decent psychonaut.Morrigan_la_Fey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 197, Level: 2 Points: 197, Level: 2 Points: 197, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryke View Post
My monkey prepared poppy seed tea from 0.5 kg of poppy seeds. She put 0.5 kg (approx) into 1 litre of boiling water and let it boiling for 15 minutes. Then she decanted and collected liquid. The product was yellowish liquid with oily taste (seed is full of oil). She drunk whole 1 litre and no effects occur for her. My monkey has large tolerance to opiates so maybe due to this she do not feels any effect. It doesn't mean there were no opiates present in extract!
From what I've been told, the monkey doesn't want to boil the tea as it makes the liquid soak into the seeds and the good stuff is on the outside (seeds sit in the pod, which is where the opiate factor is, and get coated with it). Adding it to a bottle of tepid water with lemon juice (2 liter bottle, cover the seeds with water and squeeze in lemon juice) then shake it like crazy for 20 minutes in 1 minute intervals, is what I've read.
Old 22-02-2012, 10:06
Silver Member

45 y/o Male from United States
alaskazagnut is a decent psychonaut.alaskazagnut is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2

Quote:
Monkeys should not boil anything let alone poppys. Anything above 170 and you risk destroying every good thing in the Poppy that the Poppy God made. My monkey gets 4 cups tap water as hot as the water heater puts out (145 F). Then he takes seeds and lets them soak in 145F water for only about 2 minutes. Basically just washes them because all the goodies are on the outside. Then drinks first soak down. Then the monkey gets 3 cups of hot tap water and does it one more time but lets the seeds soak for 10 minutes. Then drinks all the water again. Then the monkey takes the seeds and thoroughly squeezes all the water out of the seeds in small 3-4 spoonful batches on a big cookie sheet with edges and lets the water drip into another cup. Then saves for about 4 hours later because monkey like extending happiness for a long time.

Monkey likes seed tea. Monkey says it is not the seed per se, but the remnants and dust and latex on the outer shell of each little seed that is good. Monkey says from one seed can come millions of poppy pods. So monkey prays to the Poppy God for good large happy poppy harvest so big business monkey farmer not get greedy and gouge the monkey tribe into broke status. No money make monkey mourn.
Old 22-02-2012, 10:20
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5

Yes as others have stated boiling is a NO NO with opiates! I believe opiates break down at 82degrees Celcius so going to 100 is bad news.

AFOAF used to make poppy tea from dried poppy pods, but found she had to evaporate it down to cooked flake opium as the taste was horrendous.. nowadays though she just extracts the morphine with calcium carbonate as this saves loads of evaporation time lol..

She totally agrees that poppy tea can be very strong though
Old 22-02-2012, 13:49

42 y/o Male from United States
WinkyThePirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

My friend's cousin's dog-walker tried this for the first time last night. Here's her recollection of events:

poppy-seed 'tea' experiment:

1/2 lb poppy seeds (all they had at natural foods store)
juice from 1 lemon (for the citric acid, not flavor)
2 cups cold water

shook vigorously in 1 gal jug 5 mins; let sit 5 mins; shook again 5 mins
filtered through t-shirt - squeezed all fluid out - got back 15 oz - replaced damp seeds in gal jug
chilled 'tea' in fridge 5 mins in water bottle
shook before each dose

dosed 1.5 oz (shotglass) every 1/2 hr x 6 (9 oz over 2 1/2 hrs)

no effects except slight familiar opiate warmth, possibly placebo

(taste not unpleasant. not delicious, but not disgusting either. possibly pre-washed seeds?)

dosed remaining 6 oz at 3 hrs

still no marked effects 1/2 hr after final dose

1 hr after final dose: feeling it. mild, but definitely not placebo

1 1/2 hr after final dose: did another wash of seeds, this time results were bitter, dosed 1.5 oz

1/2 hr later: definitely happening! did another dose

1/2 hr later: eyes drooping. this shit works!

1/2 hr later: nodding. very nice. can barely read. stopping here to be safe

will repeat!

She did 18 ounces over 5 hours. It seems that letting it steep a good while is important. Next time she plans to double the seeds to 1 pound, decrease the water to 1 cup, and let steep for 1 hour, then sip slowly over the course of an hour (since potency is known to differ from one batch to another).
Old 22-02-2012, 14:03
Silver Member

[QUOTE=misskatie;1093412]Yes as others have stated boiling is a NO NO with opiates! I believe opiates break down at 82degrees Celcius so going to 100 is bad news.

This is not true according my research. Boiling temperature of codeine for example is around 150 celsia degrees and it is stable. Morphine is similar. It can be distilled if you want to. Of course if you let it boiling for two hours there will left none opiates because some portion of codein and morphine evaporates also in boiling point of water (please don't ask me for details as this is physical chemistry job and I hate that in school, but it is similar as water also slowly evaporates on room temp). My monkey commonly prepares tea from dried poppy straw. 30g of straw boiled in 1l of water for 15 minutes, gaves her pretty strong extract. But she than make it easier to just put poppy straw in pot, add 1l of water and heat it. When it starts boiling she stop heating and leave it 15 minutes slowly cooling. The strength of this extract is equal to previous, only whole kitchen does not smell like horse barn .
Old 22-02-2012, 14:09
Titanium Member

misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.

Well I hate to disagree but AFOAF has been told by many highly reputable sources that the temperature sensitivity of opiates she stated is more or less correct so she will continue to take the precautions with heat she always has.. she uses kilos of pod material, not grams, and simmers at 70C for 3 hours or so

Last edited by misskatie; 22-02-2012 at 14:10. Reason: typo
Old 22-02-2012, 14:32
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskatie View Post
Well I hate to disagree but AFOAF has been told by many highly reputable sources that the temperature sensitivity of opiates she stated is more or less correct so she will continue to take the precautions with heat she always has.. she uses kilos of pod material, not grams, and simmers at 70C for 3 hours or so
I don't want to be rude, but you should maybe cite your "highly reputed source".

This is my highly reputed source - National center for biotechnology, USA:
http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/summ...loc=es_rss#x27

Check subchapter Chemical and physical properties. It says that boiling point of morphine is 190 C and that it decomposes in 254 C. They also mention solubilities in various temp, also in boiling water.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:44
Titanium Member

AFOAFs sources are some of the higher ranking members of this very site who have written and tested the TEKs AFOAF uses for her extractions ect, I mean no offence to you at all but she trusts their knowledge greatly and it has never lead her wrong.. if you need more info you can search for the various cooked flake opium TEKs on this site (and others for that matter)

Again AFOAF is going to respectfully disagree, if you feel she is wrong, well, she can live with that.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:56
Silver Member

Quote:
AFOAFs sources are some of the higher ranking members of this very site who have written and tested the TEKs AFOAF uses for her extractions ect, I mean no offence to you at all but she trusts their knowledge greatly and it has never lead her wrong.. if you need more info you can search for the various cooked flake opium TEKs on this site (and others for that matter)

Again AFOAF is going to respectfully disagree, if you feel she is wrong, well, she can live with that.
As I wrote before, boiling is useless. I agree, because 80 C water gives similar solubilities as 100 C water and rapid steam flush should impact opiate concentration. I gave you scientific proof, that morphine DOES NOT disintegrates at 82 C as you previously wrote. You can of course personally trust in what you want, but this forum, seems to me, was found to collect scientific informations about drugs, not feelings of individuals about chemistry and physics.
Old 22-02-2012, 15:05
Titanium Member

And I thank you for the citation of your source as it brings balance to the argument that others can draw their own conclusions from.

If nothing else getting both sides of the argument is stimulating good debate and on a forum like this that can only be a good thing even when two parties cannot reach an agreement.

I dare say however this is possibly heading off topic. Although I do think a thread on the temperature sensitivity of opiates would be a good discussion
Old 22-02-2012, 15:15
Silver Member

Quote:
And I thank you for the citation of your source as it brings balance to the argument that others can draw their own conclusions from.

If nothing else getting both sides of the argument is stimulating good debate and on a forum like this that can only be a good thing even when two parties cannot reach an agreement.

I dare say however this is possibly heading off topic. Although I do think a thread on the temperature sensitivity of opiates would be a good discussion
You are right, that the topic we touched is little off topic. Discovering NCBI source took me a lot of time and I found that when I was interested in opiate solubilities...
Old 22-02-2012, 15:27
Titanium Member

Oh again just for the sake of balance (but also might be an interesting read for any like me who HATE the taste of pod tea lol ) here is the TEK for cooked flake opium along with various warnings about the temperature limit of working with opiates

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38937

This is a fantastic resource if anyone us interested in making CFO and it is very simple to follow. Enjoy
Old 25-02-2012, 03:24
Silver Member

Hmmm. I think you guys missed the point of this forum lol. I just wanted to know if other people felt as I did from the tea. I was way more tilted than expected but definitely not complaining And boiling is bad-Unless you are making an extract but that is done with solvents and not water. The best method is the shaking in hot tap water.
Old 25-02-2012, 21:51
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdestruct85 View Post
Hmmm. I think you guys missed the point of this forum lol. I just wanted to know if other people felt as I did from the tea. I was way more tilted than expected but definitely not complaining And boiling is bad-Unless you are making an extract but that is done with solvents and not water. The best method is the shaking in hot tap water.
Ok, I will try to answer your question, how my monkey felt after poppy tea: She was surprised how this thing is strong. My monkey was normally preparing opium from latex gushing out of scratched poppy head. But one day poppies in my garden become dry and my monkey was sad. And so she remembered what my grandma said, that when they were working on the field, they prepared poppy tea for children to stop them crying and let them sleep. So my monkey prepared tea of 10 roughly crushed poppy heads by adding 1 litre of cold water and warmed it until boiling, Than she drunk the tea and she got great euphoria and I should point, that in that time she had high tolerance because of daily consumption of opium. She told she felt very happy, clear, calm. She had sat in front of her computer and until morning was making some script in C++ withou any tiredness. She was full of ideas and very creative and in comparison to amphetamines she was really calm and concentrated on problems. So it was her first time. Did I answer your question?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:29
Silver Member

Quote:
Ok, I will try to answer your question, how my monkey felt after poppy tea: She was surprised how this thing is strong. My monkey was normally preparing opium from latex gushing out of scratched poppy head. But one day poppies in my garden become dry and my monkey was sad. And so she remembered what my grandma said, that when they were working on the field, they prepared poppy tea for children to stop them crying and let them sleep. So my monkey prepared tea of 10 roughly crushed poppy heads by adding 1 litre of cold water and warmed it until boiling, Than she drunk the tea and she got great euphoria and I should point, that in that time she had high tolerance because of daily consumption of opium. She told she felt very happy, clear, calm. She had sat in front of her computer and until morning was making some script in C++ withou any tiredness. She was full of ideas and very creative and in comparison to amphetamines she was really calm and concentrated on problems. So it was her first time. Did I answer your question?
Um not really sorry. You are referring to poppy POD tea. Not poppy SEED tea.
Old 09-04-2012, 13:06
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
chemroxx should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

- But aren't the alkaloids being dealt with, and supposedly destroyed by the previously mentioned heat, the same either way? I mean, pods and seeds both have morphine codeine, and all the other opioids in or on them

- Here's where people are getting confused about the whole boiling thing... I think it has to do with the maximum soluability AND amount of alkaloids in the water as well as how long it is heated, or even boiled, for. If someone's tea, seed or pod, were to boil for a very short time, I do not think it would be much of an issue. It's not like the water reaches 180 and every alkaloid just stops working... Also, and this is just a thought I could be wrong, if there was enough alkaloid content in the water that it was more-than-saturated, like say there were twice as much alkaloid as there is water for it to bond with. It could probably be boiled for a slightly longer time, and because it takes SOME time to break down the alkaloids with heat, isn't it possible that water could be boiled with alkaloids in it, many would be destroyed/ruined, but because the concentration was so high in the first place it could still be at or above the maximum saturation point? I mean, You would be WASTING the alkaloids that were above the saturation point, but you would still end up with a solution that chemically saturated to the maximum, and thus still as strong as possible. That is if it was not boiled for so long that it DID destroy enough to drop below the saturation point, however long that is. Is my thinking correct? People say not to heat opiates, and this is generally true as it will damage and destroy them.... I just think that considering how many cultures cook opium and how many people have had poppy tea boiled successfully, this issue is a bit more chemically complicated than many are treating it, and all your alkaloids don't just fall apart when they get warm.

- As for the Seeds, I had previously thought that they only had alkaloids dusted on them from being inside the pod, but last night I read a scientific journal report of some kind (I will try and find it again, I tried to cut and paste it but it was a bad format and ended up not pasting correctly, letters out of place, all fucked up. Anyway, it was from the late seventies that showed this to be true with some seeds, but not all seeds. If I read it correctly, only three varieties were used, and they all had alkaloids on the outside prior to washing. After washing, they were macerated and tested again, and while two of the seed-strains did not contain any more alkaloids, one of them still tested positive for amounts of morphine and codiene. Not gigantic amounts, but enough to feel pretty well. that might explain why some seed tea is better just shaken in warm water, but why Winky's dog walker had some seed tea that seemed to get stronger for the second wash (after it had steeped) and as his stomach broke it down? As he said, he was starting to think they were pre-washed seeds, maybe even a placebo at first, until he did his second run through them, and then the bitter alkaloids started to come out and he felt them. If the alkaloids were all on the outside of those particular seeds, wouldn't the first wash have been the stronger one?

- Yeah, it's a science, it's just a damned complicated one with lots of variables. that's the conclusion I am coming to...

- BTW, I think the less-processed, more organic brands of poppy seeds are more likely to be unwashed to begin with. I've had good luck with Bob's Red Mill brand, although I doubt Bob wants that endorsement...
Old 10-04-2012, 03:25

26 y/o Male from United States
pods42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I could only read part of this thread. Waaay too much heresay and not enough experience or information sources.
First: boiling does not harm natural opiates. It might in some other form, but stuff that is from pods or seeds, it will be fine. I had a friend who did this, I know this for a fact. He tried it many different ways, and eventually all worked the same.
Second, the temperature of the water only means how fast the opiates will dissolve in the water. With boiling water it will be fast, but the water will take forever to cool down. It works best with just pretty warm water and atleast 5 minutes to sit. I would assume that cold water would work as long as you gave it hours to sit, and would probably work better.

Also, he tried adding a quarter of a calcium tablet to the water (like I put in my other thread), and it helped some too. Made the resulting tea darker and noticeably stronger.
Old 16-04-2012, 06:58

chronically baked is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Stay away from that shit dude. studies have shown that poppy seeds grown for baking have large amounts of cadmium, a heavy metal with toxicity similar to lead. SWIM used to drink that shit every day until he read that. Google it.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:23

pods42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronically baked View Post
Stay away from that shit dude. studies have shown that poppy seeds grown for baking have large amounts of cadmium, a heavy metal with toxicity similar to lead. SWIM used to drink that shit every day until he read that. Google it.
I was under the impression that the cadmium was inside the poppy seeds. And the morphine that you want is just coated on the outside. I think you should just not crush the seeds is all. I could be wrong, but I looked it up a while ago and couldn't find anything concrete about anyone actually getting cadmium poisoning.
Old 29-04-2012, 05:05
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronically baked View Post
Yeah but would cadmium even be present in organic seeds?
Old 03-05-2012, 13:27

51 y/o Male from United States
salud is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdestruct85 View Post
Yeah but would cadmium even be present in organic seeds?
Yes, because cadmium is not used by non-organic growers, rather, poppies absorb cadmium and it ends up in the seeds. I do not know why, but chronically_baked is correct. I believe this happens because cadmium is chemically related to a nutrient. As an element, cadmium has always been present in poppy seeds, but it is a major industrial pollutant and is now present in far higher amounts than before. And it is very nasty for primate health.

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs, drugs-forum, flake, morphine, opium, poppy, poppy seed, poppy seed tea, poppy seeds, poppy tea, poppyseed, tea