Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 08-02-2012, 23:38

Female from United States
What brings you back is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Could someone tell me what exactly is MDPV?

Hey there. So I tried looking up what is MDPV but I don't fully understand what is does and the dangers of it etc. And I was wondering if they are still found in 'Bath Salts' and just simply saying that it doesn't contain it?
Also, what are the effects of consuming bath salts? I heard that it has similar effects to coke and meth.But I'm not sure.
Does SWIY have any experiences,stories with using bath salt and they will share?
If anyone has any form of input/answers to help me understand more, It would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 09-02-2012 at 00:16. Reason: typos (MDVP -> MDPV)
Old 09-02-2012, 00:09
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: Could someone tell me what exactly is mdvp?

If you UTFSE, you can find answers to all your questions!

Emin
Old 09-02-2012, 00:29
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Ireland
Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
what is mvdp
It's a stimulant, and a very powerful one at that. It inhibits the uptake of dopamine, like cocaine, as well as norepinephrine, like methylphenidate (Ritalin). (among other things). It has very similar effects to these drugs, and by degrees is like a mixture of coke, Ritalin and amphetamine itself.

Quote:
what is does and the dangers of it etc.
It does what most stimulants do; induces profound euphoria, increases sociability, gives energy, alertness and increased sexual drive. Like most stimulants it has a range of side-effects which worsen considerably as doses increase - this always happens since it's a very "moreish" drug, as in it makes the user crave more and more once he or she starts to "get into" the high. Obvious and potentially serious side-effects are a fast, thumping heartbeat, which is often irregular (tachycardia), one gets very warm (as with MDMA) and begins to sweat, which cools on the skin and results in chills and shivering. Pupils become markedly dilated, and one can become very agitated, overexcited .. as doses increase this can lead to paranoia and frankly psychotic delusions.

Any stimulant, especially speed and meth, induce psychosis in high doses (rhyme unintentional!) but I fear MDPV is especially bad for this outcome. Another problem, as with speed & meth, is prolonged insomnia, which can lead to psychotic behaviour, delusions & hallucinations due to sleep deprivation. So, the dangers are essentially cardiovascular (can be partially relieved by beta-blockers), and psychotic/agitative/anxious (can be partially relieved by sedatives such as lorazepam.)

As for bath salts, they are called that because these drugs, though once legal, were not allowed to be consumed by humans. Therefore they were ridiculously sold as bath salts, plant food etc. with the warning "Not for human consumption". Many "bath salts" contained MDPV, I never saw one as an explicit brand (mephedrone, for instance, was sold in brands such as Wild Cat, Ivory Wave, etc.) I only ever came across bland packages with quantiy information and the human consumption warning.
Erowid has a great collection of bath salt experiences, found if you type Erowid MDPV into a well-known search engine. I wouldn't recommend the drug myself. I have a lot of embarassing memories of being borderline psychotic and talking about crazy things to unassuming and concerned people .. bad times. Stick with the conventional drugs, I say. They're popular for a reason. Hope this helps a bit.
(Sources : personal knowledge & experience, Erowid, Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs - "Consideration of the cathinones" - an excellent, very comprehesive review of all things cathy.)
From Shleep x

Post Quality Evaluations:
Linking to other sites without even recognizing the huge amount of content here is plain rude
Old 09-02-2012, 00:47
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,188, Level: 21 Points: 21,188, Level: 21 Points: 21,188, Level: 21
Activity: 45.8% Activity: 45.8% Activity: 45.8%

Quote:
mephedrone, for instance, was sold in brands such as Wild Cat, Ivory Wave, etc.)
Ivory Wave was a brand name under which multiple psychoactive substances were sold, including MDPV and desoxypipradrol.

Quote:
Erowid has a great collection of bath salt experiences, found if you type Erowid MDPV into a well-known search engine.
..or you could read the phenomenal amount of material on this very site on this topic that's accumulated over seven years or so. Since you're here and all that. For starters:

Drugs-Wiki article on Bath Salts

Drugs-Wiki article on MDPV

Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) Drug Info

Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) Experiences

MDPV documents

Threads tagged 'MDPV'

Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great collection of existing information here on DF!
Old 13-02-2012, 12:44
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3
Re: Could someone tell me what exactly is MDPV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by What brings you back View Post
Hey there. So I tried looking up what is MDPV but I don't fully understand what is does and the dangers of it etc. And I was wondering if they are still found in 'Bath Salts' and just simply saying that it doesn't contain it?
MDPV is now illegal in all of the USA, so no legitimate business will sell "bath salts" containing it. There are a few replacement products in my local area, none of them have effects similar to MDPV. There are some empathogens, some stimulants, some dissociatives, and many useless herbal concoctions. None really compare to meth, coke, or mdpv.

Quote:
Also, what are the effects of consuming bath salts? I heard that it has similar effects to coke and meth.But I'm not sure.
Does SWIY have any experiences,stories with using bath salt and they will share?
If anyone has any form of input/answers to help me understand more, It would be highly appreciated.
MDPV's effects are very much like methylphenidate but longer lasting and more pronounced. The effects of "bath salts" will vary with the active ingredient - which as I said will no longer be MDPV in the USA. This makes trying these substances extremely risky as you're putting an unknown drug into your system and could easily OD or have other life-threatening problems.

My best advice is to stay away from stimulant research chemicals. If you are not going to give up the idea of trying these drugs I suggest you get more pure chemicals from internet suppliers, along with investing in a highly sensitive scale and downers (eg diazepam) to counteract an OD or nasty crash.

I would also like to share my mdpv/bath salt experience with you... http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=159815

My own problems are just that (my own), but please take my story as a warning of what can happen to you if you abuse drugs like MDPV in an irresponsible manner.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:05
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
MageYouLook is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM would recommend either avoiding "bath salts" or proceeding with extreme caution.

These are not toys. There is a lot of difficulty, danger and life altering trouble ahead for the novice "bath salt" enthusiast.

SWIM has a lot of experience with these things and would be happy to converse through a PM with anyone who has questions. SWIM feels as though sharing in an open thread may lead to interest in the substances rather than the education that's really needed in order to safely understand the power these things can have over one's life. If SWIY seriously considers interest in these topics ask questions from an experienced user such as SWIM to help provide some great harm reduction tips as well as stories of the dangers involved.

SWIM recommends avoiding these substances. SWIM also recognizes some will ignore this and is willing to share on a more personal level what SWIY can expect if they ignore the previous advice.
Old 08-05-2012, 17:07

Male from United Kingdom
ilaughatgas is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I understand this stuff rules, AFOAF got hold of some about 2 years ago, it was the first legal high he'd taken and he was sure it would be dissapointing. Not so it turns out, a brilliant night had, hardly any cheeks left by the end of it and a 6 month ban from the local nightclub. Not too bad a comedown though
Old 08-05-2012, 17:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Teknicality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

Methylenedioxypyrovalerone or MDPV is a stimulant which is the primary active ingredient in the phenomenon known as "bath salts". Bath salts can often contain Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, epsom salt, baking soda and some other common cuts. Sometimes there are nastier chemicals involved which I don't even want to know about.

The positive effects of MDPV are short lived. The drug has proved itself to have enormous abuse potential and extremely addictive properties.

Some assorted side effects include Hallucinations, Paranoia, Anxiety, Delusions, (playing with your mouth too much), hyperlocomotion, hyperthermia (i would assume) and finally suicidal tendencies (in the case of bath salts).
Old 16-05-2012, 21:45

Male from Switzerland
m3c420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

you need to be a strong person * mental * You will otherwise get thrashed around by the mdpv

good luck and enjoy it

Share this on:

Tags
bad experience, bath salt, bath salts, beta-ketones, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, injecting, ivory wave, mdpv, mdvp, methylenedioxypyrovalerone, mpdv, research chemicals, stimulant, stimulant research chemicals