Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 07-02-2012, 07:46
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
A basic comparison between aPVP (alpha-PVP) and MDPV

The purpose of this post is as follows, and is simple: To disseminate useful, accurate and understandable information directly comparing these two substances, applicable to the way they are typically/commonly tested by researchers. Additions to the thread that adhere to this purpose are very welcome!

First, SWIM's qualifications: Frequent, broad and in-depth experience with MDPV practically since the day it came out in the early-mid 2000's, and a very recent introduction to aPVP via a well-trusted and reliable source. Thus this post is accurate but subject to additions and fine tuning.

aPVP (alpha-PVP) vs. MDPV comparison:

**These are two very similar chemicals in structure, related to pyrovalerone and resembling twin brothers in their nature, or a "female" vs. "male" mallard duck... however, they both walk, look and quack like a duck, not a duck/crow (as an example). My chemistry knowledge sucks, so if I put this funny please forgive me: MDPV has a "methylenedioxy" addition to pyrovalerone (said to be inactive), while A-PVP is actually a little simpler in structure than pyrovalerone (desmethyl pyrovalerone, missing methyl component).

MDPV (appearance): Powdery white-to-tan.
A-PVP: Clumpy tan to dark tan.

MDPV (odor): Mild "pyrrolidine" type odor (like smelly sweat-socks).
A-PVP: Heavier (moderate) "pyrrolidine" type odor.

MDPV (solubility): Dissolves in H2O with difficulty, mild "pyrrolidine" type odor in solution.
A-PVP: Dissolves readily, heavier (moderate) "pyrrolidine" type odor in solution.

MDPV (smokeability): Vapes somewhat uncleanly, mild to moderate harshness/odor.
A-PVP: Vapes very easily/cleanly, moderate to heavy harshness/odor.

MDPV (onset and duration): Slow to medium onset of effects, lesser dosage needed, greater duration.
A-PVP: Rapid onset of effects (all tested ROA's), 1/4 to 1/3 greater dosage needed, lesser duration.

Summary (useful info): a-PVP vapes better/cleaner than MDPV, but is harder on the lungs and harsher. Effects come on faster, but last a shorter period of time and more is needed than with MDPV for similar effects. A "rush" is possible/likely with a-PVP (particularly if smoked or injected), and unlikely with MDPV.

The "highs" are otherwise near identical (in SWIM's test subject's view) -- plain old NDRI (norepinephrine/dopamine) reuptake inhibition and stimulation with varying/unpredictable euphoria, an increase in sexual tendencies and unpleasant tweaking at higher dosages.

APVP "feels like" a cruder, harsher and less sophisticated (but faster-acting and smoother burning) version of MDPV. It is NOT "mdpv-lite" .. it is "MDPV fast, simple and crude".

Harm reduction notes: a-PVP is currently (albeit iffily) legal in most places, whereas MDPV is illegal and carries risks to acquire. a-PVP is likely harder on the body than MDPV at sites of administration and may cause more damage to administer, but easier on the mind and may cause less damage due to requiring higher doses for same effect and wearing off more quickly.

A few posts on the Net have noted that a-PVP "feels safer" and more predictable than MDPV. SWIM's testing upholds this with one reservation: namely that a-PVP can still cause panic, anxiety and extreme agitation at too-high doses, just like MDPV. Don't expect peak effects to be much (if any) different. *Do* expect them to diminish faster.

Given the faster onset and shorter duration of effects, it is possible that a-PVP will be more compulsive than MDPV via rapid onset ROA's (smoking, slamming), but it may take longer to take hold and have an easier/shorter comedown when the test subject regains willpower. Vapers may experience throat pain, lung pain, chest heaviness and possible lung damage (temporary, most likely, but who knows). It is likely (from SWIM's research, including contact with a professional source that suggests it) that a-PVP degrades/loses potency substantially faster than MDPV, whether in solution or not, and so care in storage is more of a factor.

Last edited by Nicaine; 07-02-2012 at 09:08.
Old 20-05-2012, 06:40
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Spain
smark is a decent psychonaut.
Re: A basic comparison between aPVP (alpha-PVP) and MDPV

Ill add my comparison to MDPV and A-PVP.

I.ve had plenty experience with MDPV and the initial batches i was getting were slight grey colour and much better than the following ones which were more lighter in appearance than the original and less effective(i do allow for tolerance and there were breaks between them)

MDPV is far superior to the a-pvp im currently researching although this is my initial try so it may be a poor quality batch or that i have a naturally high tolerance to amphetamines and to MDPV so have been using small doses around 10mg as i find the a-pvp isnt so soluble nasally as MDPV and after a couple of attempts at a large line i was left with a nasal blockage and ended up blowing most of it back out. I do agree that the effects of a-pvp come on quicker than MDPV with less compulsion to redose possibly due to the quick onset. I find the effects of a-pvp to be shorter lived but leave me alert and able to concentrate on any task in hand, also i dont get the hand tremors from a-pvp that sometimes occur with MDPV.

I do prefer MDPV(again as this is my first try of a-pvp i cant say if its a good or bad batch but i trust the source) as it gives me a much more intense longer lasting rush but there comes a point where i cant wait for it to wear off and leaves me jittery and talkative. With the a-pvp once the initial rush is over im left in a clear state of mind able to get on with things without actually noticing it so much. I have to add i am on depakine which may counter the a-pvp but ive skipped one dose and ill do a little a-pvp before my next one. I have been awake for 2 days now having taken only around 100mg total a-pvp compared to the 200-300mg of MDPV i would do.

So to sum up the 3 so far, ill edit this if i get some more a-pvp from a different source.

MDPV - On the plus side it gives a great intense rush that lasts for a long time and is great for doing stuff that doesnt require to much concentration if you overdo it although it can send some people a little OCD and cause major paranoia. The downside is the compulsion to redose that can end in binges lasting days leading to psychosis. If treated with respect it can be a great work\study aid in small doses or you havent had much sleep and need a pick me up.

Alpa-PVP - On the plus side the initial rush comes on quick,does.nt last long and leaves you feeling energetic and able to concentrate without compulsive re-dosing so has the advantage over MDPV as a study aid. On the downside it doesnt appear to absorb well in the nasal cavity leaving a little residue/clogged feeling but again ive only had one sample.

I found MXE and MDPV to be a good combo so intend to try it with the a-pvp(i already mixed a little around 10mg and it left me a little unsteady on my feet.

Until i try another batch of a-pvp ill keep an open mind, they both have advantages and disadvantages IMO

Share this on:

Tags
a-pvp, alpha-pvp, apvp, drug, drug forums, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, euphoric, legal highs, mdpv

Sitelinks: Information: