Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 19:34

Male from Australia
thebiggerthebetter is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
What lighter does you use for a Meth Bong?

SWIM was initially taught by his lady friend to smoke meth using a meth-bong/water-bong and using a very small flame. Because you cannot roll a water-bong, the small flame allows users to keep the meth heated just enough to keep it smoking, which gives excellent control over how much is released without worrying about burning the meth. Blowing out a thick white smoke left him knowing that he has just had a good hit!

Unfortunately, while SWIM was still learning the ropes his lady friend had to move away and he never got the chance to ask her how to create a lighter from scratch for his own personal use. He turned to using BIC Lighters as an alternative.
Unfortunately the flame was much to big to use on a pipe you can't roll, it became difficult to leave the flame at the right distance, which often led to his meth heating too quickly, releasing more smoke than he wanted, which afterwards often left the remaining meth burnt, which made SWIM very angry for wasting it.
BICs weren't working! He needed to find the lighter his friend had used, but after an exhaustive search through Google and these very forums, he was unable to find any info.

SWIM needs some help to point him in the right direction!

SWIM wished he know what this style of lighter was named to make his search easier, but this is the best description he can give you:
- Small bottle/glass which had the previous contents emptied. Stuff like small aftershave bottles, etc.
- Filled with what he is guessing is either lighter fluid or oil
- Looked fairly easy to refill, pop the top, fill it up. Done!
- Tiny nozzle for the flame, often crushed to a smaller hole OR he had also seen rope being used, with a very small wick sticking out.
- Another flame is needed to light the bottle, so this lighter is always forced 'on'.
- The flame produced is a very small blue flame, with very little yellow, probably a 3rd of the size of a regular flame from a BIC lighter or smaller.
- Once done finished, the flame is easily blown out. Ready for the next light.

The closet SWIM could find to a lighter that does what he wanted and describes above, is called a Needle Lighter (Google for pictures and guide)
SWIM tried to make one, but after a few attempts gave up.

SWIM really has his heart set on this bottle lighter, but after searching on his own, he needs help to answer 2 questions:
1.) What's the name of this style of lighter? Oil lighter? Bottle lighter?
2.) Is there a guide on how to make one anywhere?

Any help given would be extremely appreciated by SWIM.
He's frustrated and honestly just really wants to get back to doing the long, smooth, controlled hits he used to really enjoy taking!

Disclaimer
=======
SWIM is feeling very sheepish about not finding the aswers on his own and having to post those potentially dumb and simple questions. Though he knows that he'd much prefer to be embarrassed publicly and know the right answer, than not knowing and being left frustrated in private.

SWIM also says he isn't here to start an argument over the best methods to use, or which one produces the best results, which ones waste product, etc. Everyone has their own equally valid preferences.
SWIM's personal preferences is to use a water-bong, as he simply gets the most enjoyment from this method.
Old 06-02-2012, 21:22
Silver Member

Male from Earth
bennyortega is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What lighter does you use for a Meth Bong?

Lighter For Smoking/Vaporizing Ice(Meth)

This is my DIY lighter used to smoke ice/meth. Also known as 'needle lighter'.

To make it is fairly simple, you need an adjustable flame lighter(in this case brand 'Alladin' made in Thailand). Cut a thin strip of aluminum foil around 5mm width (the length is up to you, how long you want your needle to be)

Make the surface of the foil as smooth as possible by placing it on the edge of a scissor, pressing your thumb or finger on it and gently pull it until it smooths up and curled a bit.

Next step is as simple as rolling a joint but the strength of your finger rolling the aluminum foil tightly as tight as possible needs to be feather like strength.

(I am verry sorry for the low-res picture as the picture was taken using a low-res hand phone camera)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent instructions that are simple to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Meth Lighter 1bb.jpg (87.2 KB, 182 views)
Old 06-02-2012, 23:17
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from Canada
FastFifty is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1

As meth was my DOC for ten years, and smoking was my preferred route of administration, I know a bit about making clouds.
And I remember the frustration of watching my ex produce GIGANTIC mushroom clouds of smoke while I was in the early stages of learning how to hit the pipe.

I am trying really hard to get a feel for the lighter you are describing, I google searched "needle lighters" as you suggested.
Now, I am assuming your friends lighter was a home made contraption?
The images pictured when you search "needle lighter" on google, do they look as though they would work? You said you tried to make one, did the lighter you assembled not work at all, or did it just not give you the kind of hoot you were looking for?

When I used to use a water bong to smoke shard, I never really had an issue about what kind of lighter to use. My ex used to blow nice glass, and he had made a nice little bong, and while smoking we would just keep the lighter low, and give the entire bong like, a quarter roll to one side while smoking.

But as you can see by the image below, which I found on another thread in the forum, there's obviously something to be said for using the little flame you are speaking of.

My other idea would be to consider using a smaller bong, to give you more control, and giving you more room for rolling action.

If all else fails, my last suggestion would be to maybe try a flameless butane lighter, but if you do that, beware. Although it's flameless, it's much hotter than a regular bic lighter flame. You would just hold it under until you see smoke, then immediately move it off to the side. As soon as you see air enter the pipe (the bowl isn't fully white, and you can see the smoke and air swirling around together) bring the lighter back under the bowl until the pipe is again full of white smoke, and repeat this process moving the lighter back and forth, back and forth until satisfied ...also -and I have debated this topic among friends several times and the consensus is that this is about personal preference and doind what works for you- I personally find that to get the best hit I would suck slow to med while moving the lighter back and forth, and when feeling almost fully satisfied, would let the lighter go out, and then suck quite a bit harder until my lungs were at full capacity. But some people say no, suck fast. So in this aspect, it is definitely a matter of doing what works for you.

***Added after***
Okay, so I tried for at least an hour to include the two images in this post, but I just can't seem to get it to work. If you want to check them out, just go to my profile page, they are both in an album on there. Sorry about that!

Last edited by FastFifty; 06-02-2012 at 23:25. Reason: Picture's will not work for some reason.
Old 07-02-2012, 00:14
Silver Member

Male from Earth
bennyortega is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFifty View Post
Okay, so I tried for at least an hour to include the two images in this post, but I just can't seem to get it to work. If you want to check them out, just go to my profile page, they are both in an album on there. Sorry about that!
lol.. i had the same problem uploading the pic i attached on my previous reply. it took DF like 30 mins and the page go 'timeout'. It took me more or like one hour too! bug maybe? or maybe i'm just getting the hang of it.

These are the pictures FastFifty tried to display in the response, but apparently, i can't post photos in replies. but i can only help by attaching the intended pictures in this reply. Anyways, here goes:

(see: attached pictures)

p/s: users with less than 50 posts is not allowed to post links.

Nice pic's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user76631_pic16218_1328563825.jpg (39.1 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg user76631_pic16219_1328563825.jpg (26.0 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by bennyortega; 07-02-2012 at 00:19. Reason: forgot to mention the pictures i attached was FastFifty's initial intention. I was merely helping out to attach it for easier viewing.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from Canada
FastFifty is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1

aHA! Thanks benny! I was tryin to figure out why it wouldn't work, I spent about an hour in the chat room getting all kinds of help and when I finally got it to work (or so I thought)...lo and behold....it still didn't work.:S
Anyways, thanks for that!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:49
Silver Member

Male from United States
blackwrx is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Oil candles are really the best. Do a search on google for them. They are fairly simple to make; all you need is a small glass container, a wick, some burning oil, and some sort of makeshift cap that only lets the wick into the container to soak up oil.

This method creates a flame that is very low temperature, but perfect for vaporizing. You can actually let the flame hit the glass directly for long periods of time without burning the product at all. Also unlike normal wax candles, there is no residue left on the bottom of the pipe.

Please don't use off site image links, they go dead with time. Save the image from the other web site then upload it to DF.
Old 13-07-2012, 10:33

31 y/o Female from Australia
PinkpowerRanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggerthebetter View Post
SWIM was initially taught by his lady friend to smoke meth using a meth-bong/water-bong and using a very small flame. Because you cannot roll a water-bong, the small flame allows users to keep the meth heated just enough to keep it smoking, which gives excellent control over how much is released without worrying about burning the meth. Blowing out a thick white smoke left him knowing that he has just had a good hit!

Unfortunately, while SWIM was still learning the ropes his lady friend had to move away and he never got the chance to ask her how to create a lighter from scratch for his own personal use. He turned to using BIC Lighters as an alternative.
Unfortunately the flame was much to big to use on a pipe you can't roll, it became difficult to leave the flame at the right distance, which often led to his meth heating too quickly, releasing more smoke than he wanted, which afterwards often left the remaining meth burnt, which made SWIM very angry for wasting it.
BICs weren't working! He needed to find the lighter his friend had used, but after an exhaustive search through Google and these very forums, he was unable to find any info.

SWIM needs some help to point him in the right direction!

SWIM wished he know what this style of lighter was named to make his search easier, but this is the best description he can give you:
- Small bottle/glass which had the previous contents emptied. Stuff like small aftershave bottles, etc.
- Filled with what he is guessing is either lighter fluid or oil
- Looked fairly easy to refill, pop the top, fill it up. Done!
- Tiny nozzle for the flame, often crushed to a smaller hole OR he had also seen rope being used, with a very small wick sticking out.
- Another flame is needed to light the bottle, so this lighter is always forced 'on'.
- The flame produced is a very small blue flame, with very little yellow, probably a 3rd of the size of a regular flame from a BIC lighter or smaller.
- Once done finished, the flame is easily blown out. Ready for the next light.

The closet SWIM could find to a lighter that does what he wanted and describes above, is called a Needle Lighter (Google for pictures and guide)
SWIM tried to make one, but after a few attempts gave up.

SWIM really has his heart set on this bottle lighter, but after searching on his own, he needs help to answer 2 questions:
1.) What's the name of this style of lighter? Oil lighter? Bottle lighter?
2.) Is there a guide on how to make one anywhere?

Any help given would be extremely appreciated by SWIM.
He's frustrated and honestly just really wants to get back to doing the long, smooth, controlled hits he used to really enjoy taking!

Disclaimer
=======
SWIM is feeling very sheepish about not finding the aswers on his own and having to post those potentially dumb and simple questions. Though he knows that he'd much prefer to be embarrassed publicly and know the right answer, than not knowing and being left frustrated in private.

SWIM also says he isn't here to start an argument over the best methods to use, or which one produces the best results, which ones waste product, etc. Everyone has their own equally valid preferences.
SWIM's personal preferences is to use a water-bong, as he simply gets the most enjoyment from this method.
I know this was posted ages ago but im new here sorry haha
lighter bottle that you were talking about is an empty perfume bottle filled with methylated spirits with a home made wick normally tissue tightly rolled with only a tiny bit sticking out to light.
trial n error in making but not dangerous
Old 16-07-2012, 16:03
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
supercruel27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

Ok bro, the big thing hese is that both butane torches and regualr lighters each have their techniques. Using a torch (like my tiger doesdo) works best for Hobbes because he's learned how to dampen his flame to the perfect temperature and heat just enough to vaporize the product. Most people burn through their product like its going out of style because they do it improperly. Like everything I say on here, less does infinitely more. So unless you are willing to take the time to learn how to use it, just stick with a bic and for crying out loud dont burn the shit out of your bowl.

Oh, I'd avoid making those "needle" lighters. they're unwieldy and are immediately paraphenalia if noticed. Now torches, as long as the rest of the kit is present, is used for a multitude of soldering applications. I for example do in fact use mine when I put new pickups in my guitar, so I always have material and the soldering tip along with it.
Old 15-10-2013, 11:03

32 y/o Male from Earth
KillrNstink is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

ok, keep an open mind on this one, and it might take a few tries.. but i did it perfect the first time. ok.. so u take an orange. what u wanna do is slice around the equator but not all the way thru. u want your 2 halves to still be connected in the middle of the orange (where all the white veins are). now identify the weaker looking nipple and cut it out, only going about 2cm into the orange. now if i explained it clear and you followed right, you should be able to twist the two halves and give it a pull, dislodging the 2 halves, leaving one of the halves with a root stick up in the middle. now carefully scoop out the orange meat and you should be left with a bowl and a wick in the middle. pour in some veg oil about half way or a little less, and wait like 3 or 4 minutes for your wick to soak up the oil and you should be ready to go. the wick may take 30 secs or so of flame until it catches, but when it does youll have that small blue flame with a hint of yellow at the tip. also dosent blacken the glass or have any taste to it. but it smells great. i know it sounds totally tweakerish but no BS it really works perfect for shit
Old 15-10-2013, 13:39
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
skippy69420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Yo bro it the MacGyver of smoking the crystal shards thy all mighty jib tech warrior I bow down to yous is the most creative "glass blowing" technique what I would do to have a session with Tue mastEr MacGyver jib tech warrior away I'm fucking so spun need sleep I think ain't gonna go to sleep yet but swim could use a rubber 1/4 tube and put as connector from said pipe to said bong to create said meth bong but u cannn roll the bowl and get fucking get very impressive size mushroom crapshoot that are sure to make swims friends oooooo and ahhh in jealousyis sure to follow

Cant understand your meth to text program

Share this on:

Tags
bong, bongs, crystal, crystal meth, crystal methamphetamine, glass pipe, how to make a bong, meth, meth and sex, meth pipe, meth recipe, methamphetamine, methylamphetamine, pipes, smoking meth, water pipe, water pipes