Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Tobacco
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-04-2006, 02:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Cigarettes and Nausea/Vomiting

Although some might call SWIM a regular drug user as he has at least experimented and with some uses regularly with all of the following

Alchohol
Cannabis (always pure in a bong)
Magic mushrooms
Salvia
MDMA
Cyclizine
Codeine
Tramadol
Morphine
Ketamine

However to SWIMS shock he tried smoking cigerettes "Marlbrough light(sp)" and felt quite chilled after the first one but on the second it made him feel very low and quite nausious and sick. Is this normal for the effects of nicotine? Can one smoke himself enough to vomit?

I saw nicotine as quite a harmless drug from short term effects, the last thing i was expecting was sickness.

(just for the few out there who are gonna say that no drug is harmless and blah blah, i know that but i saw nicotine as one of the less dangerous. I do understand that smoking causes cancer and im aware of the risks)
Old 12-04-2006, 02:45
Platinum Member & Advisor

40 y/o Male from Canada
Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.
Points: 3,012, Level: 8 Points: 3,012, Level: 8 Points: 3,012, Level: 8
O ya, this is normal. Someone who has never smoked a cigarette can get very light headed, weak in the knees or even dizzy. One could easily smoke until they vomit. Of course tolerance to nicotine builds quickly, as does the addiction.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:38
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Mr. J is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
The same happend to me, when I smoked 2 cigs (first time), I felt very tired, my head was heavy and very nausious, but when I vomited everything was OK..
Old 12-04-2006, 13:36

Male from Earth
Quentin should review received reputation comments.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Don't worry dude, every smoker starts out that way. One cant expect smoking cannabis to be the same as smoking nicotine. It two different drugs.

Its pretty normal actually to feel like that. My first drag felt pretty damn heavy on my head too and it made me slightly weak in the knees. Worse of all, my first drag was with a girl who introduced me to smoking and looking back on it now, I really looked like a wimp. But she reassured me everyone starts out that way so no worries man.

The heavyness in your head is known as a smokers high. It wont last forever and will eventually disappear when your tolerance builds up to the nicotine and you continue only to maintain and sustain your nicotine cravings.

Just keep a daily quota of say, maybe 2-3 sticks a day and then up it 1-2 every week.
Old 12-04-2006, 16:59
Palladium Member

25 y/o Male from Finland
psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.
Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6
I felt that way too. First I didn't know that you have to pull the smoke to youre lungs, but I was quite young then. Later when I learned that, I felt nauseous after a smoke. Tolerance build indeed, but addiction, it seems to me, isn't very easy to get.

It seems that the cytochrome P4502A6 enzyme desides wheter you're gonna get addicted after few smokes or it takes months of smoking. The fast form of the enzyme makes nicotine to convert faster to cotinine and thus brain doesn't have so long nicotine bath. On the other hand, the lazy form of the gene makes brain to dispose for the nicotine for a lot longer times, thus generating more dopamine and addiction.
Old 24-04-2006, 10:50

Male
cfb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Cigarette made me Vomit

I just went outside to smoke a cigarette. 3rd one tonight.

halfway through:

*inhale: COUGH. COUGH.*
started feeling sick to my stomach
threw up several times
severe headache
popped some vicodin to alleve headache
stomachache
more vomiting
terrible taste of smoke in a coke-like drip in my throat
starting to get better 20 min. later after much water

WHAT THE FUCK was in the cigarette?
anyone have anything like that happen?
Old 24-04-2006, 12:31
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
How long have you been smoking cigarettes?
Sounds like too much nicotine to me. If you are a regular smoker, though... I have no idea. Very strange. Listen to your body, though. I know it doesn't like those ciggies! I wish I could quit.. Very tough.
Old 24-04-2006, 12:54

Male
pack on weekends. half a pack during the week. like, two years now?
Old 24-04-2006, 12:57
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
Weird. Did you buy the cigs yourself?
Once in a while I'll feel a bit sick or get a headache, which I believe to be caused by cigs sometimes... but nothing like you described.
Maybe your body is just getting fed up with them?
Old 24-04-2006, 13:28

26 y/o Male from Earth
Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5
Aw man that's some nasty shit, same thing happened to me on a few occasions. I'll tell you what though, "WHAT THE FUCK was in that cigarette?", some of the dirtiest nastiest filthiest rotten shit to ever be willingly put in the human body, 'twas tobacco of course. A poisonous and deadly substance known to contain over 4000 chemicals, 200 of which are highly carcinogenic.

Some chemicals found in tobacco smoke:

acetone
(finger nail polish
remover, poison)

cadmium
(used in batteries)

hexamine
(barbecue lighter)

acetic acid
(vinegar)

carbon monoxide
(car exhaust)

hydrogen cyanide
(poison)

ammonia
(toilet cleaner)

carbon monoxide
(car exhaust)

methane
(sewer gas)

arsenic
(poison)

DDT/Dieldrin
(used to kill bugs)

methanol
(rocket fluid)

butane
(lighter fluid)

ethanol
(alcohol)

napthalene
(mothballs)

nicotine
(insecticide)

stearic acid
(candle wax)

toluene
(industrial solvent)

Acetaldehyde (1.4+ mg) arsenic (500+ ng) benzo(a)pyrene (.1+ ng)
cadmium (1,300+ ng) crotonaldehyde (.2+ µg) chromium (1,000+ ng)
ethylcarbamate 310+ ng) formaldehyde (1.6+ µg) hydrazine (14+ ng)
lead (8+ µg) nickel (2,000+ ng) radioactive polonium (.2+ Pci)

It's really no wonder you where so sick, that's your body telling you it's a poison and should be avoided, people generally just get used to it then become addicted pretty crappy eh?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good info!

Last edited by Sky Walker; 23-05-2006 at 16:14.
Old 24-04-2006, 13:41

Male
haha, well of course. i smoke because i like too. i like the taste of a good cigarette, and its relaxing.

but seriously, it was like a manufacturing fluke or something. the smoke got really, really harsh (like hashish almost, except without the good stuff).

But then again, the thought of precious nicotine doesn't sound as good when you say: "precious insecticide!"
Old 24-04-2006, 15:30

35 y/o Male from Earth
kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3
Quit while your ahead!!! My lungs are feeling so much better and I have only quit for a week and a half! I heard that food starts to taste better eventually.. I am afraid of that, I really like to eat as it is.

Your dizzy spell is probably a combination of nicotine hitting the brain, and carbon monoxide cutting off the O2 to your brain, basically, the effects of every cig.
Old 23-05-2006, 01:20

Male
Mr.Zenu is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Similar thing happend to me. maybe bronchitis?
Old 23-05-2006, 13:08
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
"...contain over 4000 chemicals, 200 of which are heavy metals,..."

How can there be 200 heavy metals, when there are only 103 (not counting flashes on an oscilloscope) elements on the Periodic Table?
Old 23-05-2006, 16:21

26 y/o Male from Earth
Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5
Well Nagognog seeing as you are indeed correct, I think that that assumption was only possible due to the spread of misinformation from anti-tobacco campaigners. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 29-09-2006, 18:36

Male from United States
Imperfectcircle25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Thats a verty strange expereince, but one small peice of advice, if your nauseous vicodin is probably not a good idea. A side effect of opiates is nausea, so while it may help your headache it may make u more queezy and nauseous. D Ive gotten a sick feelin very rarely from smoking a cigarette, but it was usually when I had used another drug before I smoked the cigarette. I never have had reaction to a cigarette by itself. There are many harmfull chemicals in tobacco and on top of that the cig. companies add all sorts of other chemicals and additives, so it could have been a bad batch perhaps?? Personally I stick to additive free cigarettes, they are more expensive but usually use a higher quality tobacco and I figure if I have the choice i would rather smoke a cig that has no additives then one that had additives, it just seems like the lesser of two evils to me.

It could also be that you were just getting sick and the cigarette just exagerated your symptoms?
Old 29-10-2006, 00:13
Banned

27 y/o Male
Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.
Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3
Re: what the FUCK: Cigarette made SWIM Vomit

happened to me along time ago after binging on them. i puked fucking guts out and had a nastyy headache, completely turned me off to them. now I smoke cigarillos becuase they're cheap and a better buzz than cigs.
Old 24-05-2013, 12:35

19 y/o Male from United States
bobdyla is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Cigarettes and Nausea/Vomiting

ive been smoking on and off for a while but the last time i smoked before work i got extremely lightheaded and felt weak and nausious, also i lost feeling in my hands, they became hard to move and i tried to make guitar chord shapes which didnt work , after i tried to vomit a few times and failed, i started feeling better and slowly started to stop sweating and then i felt competely fine, i thibnk this expirce has turned me off to cigs for good, they really are nasty but i just like doing any kind of drug that chills me out, and its great i could do it in public , but now im pretty sure im done with them

Share this on:

Tags
analog, cigarette, cigarette smoking, cigarettes, cigars, drugs, drugs-forum, e cigarettes, first cigarette, first time, morphine, nicotine, nicotine rush, quit smoking, quitting smoking, reduce nausea, smoking cigarettes, stop smoking, sweating, tobacco

» New Threads
When do you know you should put...
Last post by CaliSunshine
2 Replies, 76 Views
Just got prescribed dex/share ur...
Last post by AKA_freckles
4 Replies, 50 Views
Utopia...the place of healing
Last post by opiatebattler
39 Replies, 1,743 Views
Is LSD worth it?
Last post by Mark Rutte