Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 24-01-2012, 00:21

21 y/o Male from United States
khendal4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Do Coricidin Cough and Cold and Robitussin yield the same high?

Okaaay, so SWIM is really confused on this. SWIM KNOWS that Coricidin is VERY dangerous, and can result in death. But SWIM was JUST WONDERING FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES if Coricidin yields a different/better high than taking plain robitussin, which doesn't contain the antihistamine that's in CCC's. SWIM is just wondering about this because SWIM has seen little comments on other forum posts about DXM and even South Park, which kind of made it sound like this is the case. If anyone has some experience on this topic, could you please share? Thanks.
Old 24-01-2012, 01:59
Silver Member

Male from USA - Virginia
whocaresdude91 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4
Re: Do Coricidin Cough and Cold and Robitussin yield the same high?

The positive thing about DXM/Coricidin products is that it contains 4mg of the anti-histamine in each tablet preventing the DXM from making you itchy. Personally, SWIM does not notice any psychoactive difference when taking DXM/Coricidin tablets. To be on the safe side, you should only use DXM only products, but everytime SWIM thinks about consuming cough syrup or robogels he wants to throw up. Those companies are sure doing a good job putting deterents in their products to prevent abuse. To use good harm reduction, use DXM only products, but if you must, take at most 8 tablets (=240 mg) of DXM/Coricidin. I do not condone the use of Coridin though. Haha, be safe!
Old 24-01-2012, 02:43
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Necronite is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

A buddy who does a fair bit of DXM has tried coricidin before apparently, and apparently he finds it different than DXM-only formulations. For one, the trip itself is more sedated and 'fuzzy' than DXM-only; one would think this is from the anti-histamine action in addition to DXM. They definitely seemed more out of it compared to just DXM (i.e. less motor control, more pronounced robo-walk, general 'stoned' look), but they also said they didn't like it as much as just DXM since the psychedellic aspects of the trip were less pronounced (this was his main reason for doing DXM, so it kinda defeats the point for him).
Positively, he had no itch on the come up (rare for him anyways, but worth mentioning) and a better afterglow once the trip was over. He also said he tripped a little longer too, but this may have been subjective (easy for the minutes to drag with DXM).
As noted above, this is a potentially lethal combination if used in excess or if you happen to be unlucky enough to be susceptible to this combination (rare, but its happened). Would recommend one sticks to the label on this, at the very least don't go over 8 pills. There are safer ways to modify the trip such as cannabis (careful now, I've heard this can have some extreme results) or if you're trying to combat the nausea or itch go with some dyphenhydramine (start small, it may affect you differently).
All in all, its not worth it for the risk.
Old 24-01-2012, 10:27

34 y/o Female from United States
positivelytrippin should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I think Coricidin is the way to go. I take 16-20 depending on how fucked up I want to get.the more you take the more messes up you get. period.
Coricidin is also better no itch more warm and fuzzy than robo. More of a feeling of peace. I took 20 at about 4 pm. I got so high I felt like all the stuff I ever believed was all coming true at work. Like repetitive. Like I am living out my destiny.all the things

Post Quality Evaluations:
don't reccomend dangerous practices.
You shouldn't be promoting such potentially lethal drug use, particularly when there are such easily-available safer alternatives, on the shelf right next to the dreaded CCCs.
Old 26-01-2012, 14:41

Male from United States
alaskan should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

i think each one has a different high and i think zicam cough max is the best way to go. from personal experience trippin almost every day for a couple yrs that's what i'd recommend. it's basically concentrated dxm 391 mgs in a small shot used to drink 1-2 a day make sure to take breaks that shits horrible for you IMO

my uncle said thanks for the information. He said spending a few more bucks is worth possibly saving his life
Old 26-01-2012, 18:20
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necronite View Post
Positively, he had no itch on the come up (rare for him anyways, but worth mentioning) and a better afterglow once the trip was over. He also said he tripped a little longer too, but this may have been subjective (easy for the minutes to drag with DXM).
Interesting.

I wonder if someone could take, say, 2 CCCs with a safer preparation of DXM for dissociative purposes (subtracting for the amount of DXM in the CCCs, naturally).

I guess the question is, would taking a normal, safe dosage of the antihistamine that is in CCC still positively affect the trip, without the enormously dangerous risks associated with taking an entire box (or 6) of CCCs?

Perhaps this could be a decent compromise for those who feel there's a qualitative difference between a DXM-only experience & a DXM/Chlorpheniramine Maleate experience.

Isn't chlorpheniramine maleate the active ingredient in Chlortrimaton? Maybe someone could just get a box of that (or whatever antihistamine has just chlorpheniramine maleate in it) & take a normal, safe dosage of that, along with the Robitussin Cough Gels for the DXM.

~Kailey

Intelligent and well-considered suggestion about incorporating a CPM-only tablet or two vs CCC's for controlled intake of CPM, esp. for those who exp. itchiness/nausea.
Old 26-01-2012, 23:00
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.Metomni really knows their shit.
Points: 2,003, Level: 6 Points: 2,003, Level: 6 Points: 2,003, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HOLY SHIT Alaskan, they still have that?????????

My pet penguin hasn't been able to find that for about 18 months ANYWHERE.

If your pets can find that Zycam in the picture, that is the best stuff to use by far that you can find anywhere. Nothing except pure powder even comes CLOSE. And please don't steal it, that's probably why it's off the shelves and the other zycam products overflow them.

Also, if you get the itches really bad, it's best to just take 1-2 benadryl along with the DXM instead of taking CCC's. CCC's are really, really not the way to go, my friend.
Old 28-01-2012, 10:04

34 y/o Female from United States
positivelytrippin should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

My uncle wanted to thank everybody for all the information. He said it was very helpful and he learned a lot. He will be more careful next time, no ccc's, few and far between, never at work. This sure saved his ass.
Old 28-01-2012, 22:51
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Herbs&Hopes is on the way upHerbs&Hopes is on the way upHerbs&Hopes is on the way up
Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

Sorbitol-contain products, usually the cheaper/no-name type brands will likely have you sitting on the throne most of your experience and a kingly ass-of-fire into the next day.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Mr. Mcneal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1

Swim has heard that part of the reason CCC's are so bad is that chlorpheniramine maleate is processed by one of the same enzymes that processes DXM. If this is true, shouldn't it stand to reason that if someone were to take just one CCC, it would potentate DXM in the same way grapefruit juice does. It seems like this shouldn't be dangerous because the subject is taking only the medically recommended dose of chlorpheniramine maleate.

Thoughts?

Share this on:

Tags
canada, coricidin, cough syrup, drugs, drugs-forum, dxm, dxm cough syrup, robitussin, robitussin cough gels, zicam, zicam cough

» New Threads
Methamphetamine and Sex
Last post by choppercharlie
274 Replies, 171,093 Views
How to purify...
Last post by ReaperCOBHC
0 Replies, 1 Views
Dxm nausa free dosing methode robo...
Last post by hunter19877
1 Replies, 37 Views
Why is it so hard to find people...
Last post by enhu