Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-01-2012, 23:43
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
Pain Hurts needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
What is your strongest potentiator for eating Oxycontin?

We know Benadryl, strong alcohol in small amounts, and several other things may potentiate opiates like Benzo;s too .... the list goes on.

What have you found does the job best. Swallowing your meds whole only !

This question may seem to be directed at my fellow members who have long term and tons of experience however I am open to safe and rational replied.

Much Thanks again everyone!

May 2012 be healthy and fruitful for all of us and we all have plenty of relief from the daily pains of life and conditions alike. Always. Without worry.

Pain Hurts added 946 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

wow, 200+ people and still not a comment or personal best? Patience...

Post Quality Evaluations:
First of all, this thread is really pretty unnecessary. There is enough information on potentiation on DF without needing to start a new thread about it. Second of all, don't bump your OPs. Be more patient.

Last edited by Pain Hurts; 21-01-2012 at 23:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-01-2012, 19:09
Silver Member

31 y/o Female from United States
blondemoment is a decent psychonaut.blondemoment is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: What is your strongest potentiator for eating Oxycontin?

When I was Oxycontin, I always ate chocolate right after taking it. Made the high so much better for me. Don't know why, but it worked for me! Sorry if that's not what you were asking. Didn't totally understand the question.
Old 24-01-2012, 12:54
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I read a study recently that oxy taken with a high fat meal increased the amount of oxycodone released by a good % (don't remember the amount exactly - it was about 17%). I find if i eat a lot soon after oxy i get very drowsy
I sometimes will take oxy with ephedrine if I need to be wide awake - the ephedrine seems to helps combat drowsiness.
I've never tried with other depressants (alcohol, benzos, etc.) - too dangerous for me.
Old 24-01-2012, 18:37
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Absolutely , and I have been preaching this to all for a while now.

The BEST absorption and relief I find is taking my 80mg Oxy 1 full hour prior to eating a fatty meal or 2 hours after.

Let me tell you, and I have now been on almost 300mg daily so most people will say by this time the euphoria is long gone right? No way. I have still experienced the same if not more or greater euphoria when timing me meals right. The right foods help too ~ fatty, fried, scrambled eggs with butter , ... otherwise I watch my health and diet extremely closely by eating low fat and clean stuff. Veggies, etc... no fats.

There have been days where I actually felt as if the euphoria was too much, too good, wow!! and for those, I suspect and am probably correct , people that eat nothing all day because they think food will eliminate the "buzz" so to speak, sorry. You are missing out LARGE.

For real pain like mine, not that paper cut or needle prick bull shit pain, the relief is perfect. Just think about it and be conscious about what you are doing. And how.

Health is #1, cuz without it the rest of your life is nothing. Nil. Worthless.

Informative, Ture and NO Possibility of Anyone "harming" selves on Scrambled Eggs... (well, Some idjut will manage, lol)
Old 26-01-2012, 10:55
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Australia
wrek1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Hurts View Post

The BEST absorption and relief I find is taking my 80mg Oxy 1 full hour prior to eating a fatty meal or 2 hours after.

Let me tell you, and I have now been on almost 300mg daily so most people will say by this time the euphoria is long gone right? No way. I have still experienced the same if not more or greater euphoria when timing me meals right. The right foods help too ~ fatty, fried, scrambled eggs with butter , ... otherwise I watch my health and diet extremely closely by eating low fat and clean stuff. Veggies, etc... no fats.

There have been days where I actually felt as if the euphoria was too much, too good, wow!! and for those, I suspect and am probably correct , people that eat nothing all day because they think food will eliminate the "buzz" so to speak, sorry. You are missing out LARGE.

For real pain like mine, not that paper cut or needle prick bull shit pain, the relief is perfect. Just think about it and be conscious about what you are doing. And how.

Wow, I have never heard of this... definitely something I will be trying.
Will post again in the next few days to give my experience
Old 26-01-2012, 12:12
Mercury Member

34 y/o Male from United States
smegg needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

zantac. it lowers the ph in your system and synth opiates are obsorbed better in a low ph setting. on the other hand i have heard grapefruit juice werks. i just stick with the surefire benzo.

smegg added 4 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

i always take my done on an empty stomach cuz in the back of my mind i think it will be better. but it doesnt make a dif i know. still cant break habit. even when it makes me nauseous. oh well, addict til i die.

Last edited by smegg; 26-01-2012 at 12:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27-01-2012, 00:23
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Yes, PH, I'm on large amounts of oxy as well, and get VERY high if I have a large fatty meal with the Oxys. I'm not a real fan of the drowsiness- especially if I'm going to work. I think, for me at least, that the effect I'd probably more closer to 50%, because I take only 1/2 a dose when I take with food, and have the same effect. Illl have to see if I can find that article - see what the exact % they quote is.
Old 27-01-2012, 00:54
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

probably what I should be doing too cuz I am off work due to severe severe pain and now for 3yrs & sometimes doze of watching tv for 2-4hrs, lime tonight. tool 80mg @ 2;30pm, ate 3;30 ~ had a assorted cold cut meats sandwich 96inch) , with mayo, vegg spread, side ceasar salad and woke up now. Bit i also took 250mg Naproxen +10mg Fleceril with it. I was hurting bad***

waste, but now I will take my next 80mg around pm and cruise the net and tv till 2am and awake 10am .... and get through with 3omg Instant release from 11am - 2pm, repeat.

The 1 link I have posted: http://www.opioids.com/opiates/index.html
but does not mention food I think*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostControl View Post
Yes, PH, I'm on large amounts of oxy as well, and get VERY high if I have a large fatty meal with the Oxys. I'm not a real fan of the drowsiness- especially if I'm going to work. I think, for me at least, that the effect I'd probably more closer to 50%, because I take only 1/2 a dose when I take with food, and have the same effect. Illl have to see if I can find that article - see what the exact % they quote is.
Pain Hurts added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

6 inch sandwich , not 96

Quote:
probably what I should be doing too cuz I am off work due to severe severe pain and now for 3yrs & sometimes doze of watching tv for 2-4hrs, lime tonight. tool 80mg @ 2;30pm, ate 3;30 ~ had a assorted cold cut meats sandwich 6inch) , with mayo, vegg spread, side ceasar salad and woke up now. Bit i also took 250mg Naproxen +10mg Fleceril with it. I was hurting bad***

waste, but now I will take my next 80mg around pm and cruise the net and tv till 2am and awake 10am .... and get through with 3omg Instant release from 11am - 2pm, repeat.

The 1 link I have posted: http://www.opioids.com/opiates/index.html
but does not mention food I think*

Last edited by Pain Hurts; 27-01-2012 at 00:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-01-2012, 01:57
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Found an online site (I think it was emedicine) that said fatty meal will increase absorption of oxy by 27%. I swear it's higher - if I have oxy and a meal after, I only have to take 80mg, not the usual 160mg. I guess for each person it's different, and I have a lot of digestive problems anyway, so that likely also affects absorption.
Old 28-01-2012, 02:22
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Hey there friend,

I read something like that too, except I also knew a 10+ year veteran , highly educated and extremely well versed who spoke actually worked at a place (Big Pharma) in Canada that made them and 1 of the Research Scientists mentioned this, I cannot recall the precise % but about 30 something and as high up to 40% of your dose. Eaten swallowed whole dose*** Not snorted or IV ... I only speak in terms of eating them whole.

Let me just say I swear , and I have been on up to 300mg daily now for 36months that 40% is not at all out of the question. Seriously !

Compared to eating 80mg whole today @ 2pm and insufflating another 40mg 1 hour after I swallowed I was cruising. My pain was non existent.
Had a slightly tuff day so the 2 ounces of rum with coke pop at 1pm and the 1mg clonazepam with my 80mg @ 2pm is a great day.

9:30pm now and taking my last 80mg whole, eaten and will be well till noon tomorrow.

Again, I have a tolerance and eat well so ... you need to look at all the variables!! And be SAFE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostControl View Post
Found an online site (I think it was emedicine) that said fatty meal will increase absorption of oxy by 27%. I swear it's higher - if I have oxy and a meal after, I only have to take 80mg, not the usual 160mg. I guess for each person it's different, and I have a lot of digestive problems anyway, so that likely also affects absorption.
Old 28-01-2012, 03:37
cra$h cra$h is nu online
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,019, Level: 6 Points: 2,019, Level: 6 Points: 2,019, Level: 6
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

dont get much better than a cig after railing a hefty dose. Not really potentiating, but the rush is quite awesome
Old 28-01-2012, 04:03
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

yu r correct cCra$h, the cig does add to the RUSHHHHHHH of the bzz, but I quit a pack of camel filter less a day 12+ yrs back.

i did how ever used to smoke a couple while out at bars or patios while doing a few cocaine bumps, it always seems to bring out the evil in me. Fast women, slow cars, cigs, and waking up broke for 2weeks the morning after...arghhhhh .... the good old bad days..... these days I cant smoke at all Cra$h, used to bum a few from people but with my bad bad asthma the next 3 days are hell. Hangover from over drinking, and the taste of tobacco lingering .... massive headaches.... but boy did i ever truly lusciously enjoy every fukin drag then.

I dont get this with opiates.
Old 29-02-2012, 20:17
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from Canada
Bercia15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

According to this book i have titled { The essential guide to prescription drugs 2004 }, eating a high-fat meal 1-2 hours before you take a dose will increase the oxycodone absorption by 25%...this is quite a bit and you will def feel more euphoria as well as more efficient pain relief. And unless otherwise stated on the prescription bottle, it is generally inadvisable to take any types of medicine on an empty stomach.

Be safe and have fun!

Bercia15 added 6 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I have heard that oxycontin is going out of style today and you can't get prescriptions for it anymore...too bad, they really help with back pain. It would be curious to see how these new OxyNeo pills that are replacing them can be taken (only orally? really? smh) and of course there will be ways of bypassing the safety of it for users that like to insufflate or inject. I just read an article today stating this is the first mass switch of one drug to a different formulation in Canada. Oh, Canada! lol

Last edited by Bercia15; 29-02-2012 at 20:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-02-2012, 23:57
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

I have to AGREE with the FOOD, Fatty meal 1 hour after or 2 hours after swallowing your meds, oxycontin = I tried all of the other ones in my link and talked about there on the forum & my body, personally, food is best. all those poor people wasting (sorry = insufflating, etc... lasts way less long*) are really throwing away this GIFT to humankind.

note, et al; i call it a gift as per the changes in Canada with OxyNeo.

I just tapered, from 270mg ___ down to 80 mg for 8 straight days now due to personal over use and stupid mistakes and can tell you benzos )4mg clonaz(
wont keep me asleep 3-4 hours Max. the withdrawal's have been brutal, mostly just restless legs and anxious, anger, no sleep and I wasted 2 months of clnaz in 2 weeks.

Eat. Just eat well mostly, and keep your cholesterol and sugars and other vital signs good and the est shall follow. Be safe. learn, ask if you aint sure, I used to think, and still usually believe Im a know it all but we aint. R & D. Safely. ok?

The only other thing ... 2 or max 5 ounces of Fine Rum mixed with Cola do for me.
BUT ITS NOT SAFE FOR YU LIVER SO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO POINT .
Old 01-03-2012, 13:07
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
chronicbackpainfibroguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bercia15 View Post
According to this book i have titled { The essential guide to prescription drugs 2004 }, eating a high-fat meal 1-2 hours before you take a dose will increase the oxycodone absorption by 25%...this is quite a bit and you will def feel more euphoria as well as more efficient pain relief. And unless otherwise stated on the prescription bottle, it is generally inadvisable to take any types of medicine on an empty stomach.

Be safe and have fun!

Bercia15 added 6 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I have heard that oxycontin is going out of style today and you can't get prescriptions for it anymore...too bad, they really help with back pain. It would be curious to see how these new OxyNeo pills that are replacing them can be taken (only orally? really? smh) and of course there will be ways of bypassing the safety of it for users that like to insufflate or inject. I just read an article today stating this is the first mass switch of one drug to a different formulation in Canada. Oh, Canada! lol
You must have missed the fact that these new formulation pills in Canada are full of BHT. Butylated Hydroxytoluene. I know people will still abuse them but it really take all the curiosity out of it for me as to how they'll do it when I know that poison is in them.

chronicbackpainfibroguy added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Oh, even if you try and discount the cancer causing nature of BHT as only having a few studies to back it up there is definitive evidence showing how hard BHT is on your liver and kidneys. The shit is poison, no two ways about it.

Last edited by chronicbackpainfibroguy; 01-03-2012 at 13:07. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-03-2012, 18:45
Banned

Male from United States
MajorTom should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

full throttle citrus blend, I dont know why but anytime i dose and drink this stuff, my buzz is better, and not to mention it tastes magical
Old 02-03-2012, 19:20
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Thanks y'all ! ................ but I am no lionger on the Oxy .. doc cut me off today from almost 300mg per day and switched to Ms Contin / Morphine SR - slow release = 100mg 3 times a day ......

Wants to taper me down. Lets see.

Last edited by Pain Hurts; 02-03-2012 at 19:21. Reason: dose mg update
Old 22-02-2013, 19:06

27 y/o Male from United States
yumyumgimmesome is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:

Just took my dose, and ordered a big fat stuffed crust pizza, the timing will be perfect and hopefully it will potentiate my dose enough. I take oxycodone for legit pain, but being so young they're very careful about how high of a dose I take, and what I'm on isn't enough. So hopefully doing this will potentiate enough to where I do t run out !! ) thanks for the post

Don't quote entire posts as it junks up the thread. Only quote relevant parts or otherwise just address the user you are replying to. In addition, this thread was almost a year old when you posted. At that point, don't bother dredging up old threads.
Old 22-02-2013, 20:35
Silver Member

45 y/o Female from USA - Colorado
changeling44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Personally I have never used anything that I know of besides my xanax and flexeril(the xanax I take 6mg a day and this is how it is prescribed to me and I don't abuse it) to enhance my opiate use. Although your question has given me the idea that today I am going to try a couple benadril and see what the effect is.. If anything I'm sure it will help with all the itching I always get when using. Thanks for the question. Take care
Old 23-02-2013, 03:27
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from Canada
featherbullet is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Thanks for the thread. I had the same question. I will try eating a fatty meal, and perhaps take my clonaz a little closer to my dose (only .5mg) .

If I could just get the nausea under control. .bleh. thank goodness for gravol.

Doesn't really add anything to the thread. Thanks should be left in reputation.
Old 25-02-2013, 05:21

27 y/o Male from United States
yumyumgimmesome is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumgimmesome View Post
Just took my dose, and ordered a big fat stuffed crust pizza, the timing will be perfect and hopefully it will potentiate my dose enough. I take oxycodone for legit pain, but being so young they're very careful about how high of a dose I take, and what I'm on isn't enough. So hopefully doing this will potentiate enough to where I do t run out !! ) thanks for the post
Just an update, I took my dose, and ate 2 pieces of greasy fatty stuffed crust pizza, and a few bread sticks, and boy, LET ME TELL YOU. I played down and experienced the most amazing nod, and body numbing euphoria I have yet to find on oxy. Thanks for the post!! as f the nausea, phenargen with a unison (same thing as benadryl) 30-40 minutes before my dose not only potentiates when I slam a huge glass of white gfj, it helps with the nausea, and definitely takes the nod to the next level. Usually my oxys give me an upbeat rushy, type buzz, but I really enjoy the mellow tingly niddy time. And I'm going to my anxiety Dr tomorrow!! So hopefully we can get some nice time benzos, I have PTSD, insomnia and super anxiety, so keep in mind this isn't for recreational purposes, but why jot enjoy tour medical treatment, right?

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, clonazepam, cocaine, drowsiness, drug, drugs-forum, ethylphenidate, hydromorphone, insufflated, oxycodone, oxycontin, potentiator, potentiators, suboxone