Notices

LSD LSD, liquid acid or blotter.

Old 21-01-2012, 03:29

23 y/o Male from Canada
sundance_kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
A quick way to end your bad trip

Sometimes LSD can be a little overpowering, with a little help from the vitamin niacin a trip that has gone pear shaped can be ended relatively fast.

Niacin is a B vitamin that (in short version) metabolizes toxins in your blood. due to the typically small doses contained on most blotter LSD, 1.5-6 grams of niacin per day (or one tablet) is usually enough to rid your system of most if not all LSD

Before taking niacin
Do not take this medication if you are allergic to nicotinic acid, or if you have severe liver disease, a stomach ulcer, or active bleeding.
Before taking niacin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:

liver or kidney disease;
heart disease or uncontrolled angina (chest pain);
a stomach ulcer;
diabetes;
gout; or
a muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please cite your sources for the information provided
Old 21-01-2012, 16:25
Phungushead Phungushead is nu online
Twisted Depiction
Super Moderator

Male from United States
Phungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 22,979, Level: 21 Points: 22,979, Level: 21 Points: 22,979, Level: 21
Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6%
Re: A quick way to end your bad trip

I've heard both ways on this one. Some claim that niacin (nicotinic acid)/niacinamide can help bring you down from a trip, while others argue that the effect is placebo.

See brief studies below... Abraham Hoffer did some research back in the 50's which indicates that niacin could actually lessen the effects of psychedelics, as well as relieve symptoms of schizophrenia. However, note that in these studies the niacin was injected, which most likely contributed to the intensity of the effect.

Do be aware that niacin is associated with hepatotoxicity, so be careful (3rd citation below).

Quote:
Use of nicotinic acid (niacin, B3) to abort psychosis
Abraham Hoffer (1956)

We have given the subject 100 ug. of LSD; at the height of the experience we injected intravenously 200 mg. of nicotinic acid. Our experience has been that, within a matter of two to five minutes, almost all of the LSD phenomena disappeared, and the subject claimed that he was entirely normal.
Quote:
Nicotinic Acid Modified Lysergic Acid Diethylamide Psychosis
N. Agnew, M.A. and A. Hoffer, Ph.D., M.D

Summary

Nicotinic acid was administered to one group of subjects at the height of the LSD experience and to another for three days prior to the administration of LSD. Tentative findings are presented which indicate that nicotinic acid, when administered at the height of the LSD experience, has a markedly normalizing effect. The lack of modification of affective disturbances is noted and discussed. The administration of nicotinic acid prior to LSD reduced disturbances in concentration and vision. However, in some subjects it produced a psychosis, the primary symptoms of which more closely resemble the primary symptoms of schizophrenia than those most commonly found when LSD alone is administered.

The mode of action of nicotinic acid does not appear to be that of direct biological antagonism as initially hypothesized.
Quote:
When considering drug-induced hepatotoxicity, niacin should be kept in mind. Niacin is used both as a prescription medication for the treatment of hyperlipidemia and as an over-the-counter vitamin supplement. Although cholestasis may occur in association with niacin use, the liver injury is most commonly hepatocellular in nature. It is unclear whether niacin or one of its metabolites is the cause of the toxic effects. Both the crystalline and sustained-release formulations of niacin can induce hepatotoxic effects, but the sustained-release form causes more cases and with greater severity. Toxic effects can occur with the sustained-release form even at low doses taken for a short time.

Miguel G. Madariaga, M.D.
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68118

nice post, well cited info
Old 21-01-2012, 16:49
Silver Member

58 y/o Male from Canada
keychick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sundance, that would be the same as one of those five hour energy
drinks i believe?
Old 21-01-2012, 17:06
Titanium Member

Male from France
zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3

Another very effcetive way to end a trip is resorting to the use of benzodiazepines like diazepam or clonazepam. This and a good dose of vitamin C puts swim into a nice and confy comedown ending in solid sleep, whatever the dose of lsd used may be. Add a couple of good spliffs to that and you're golden...

[EDIT]: @rater/hater - not that i care so much, but ending a trip and ending a bad trip is the same thing, at least from the pharmacologic point of view. There is nothing dangerous in using benzos at classic dosages to slow down one's hamster wheel of a brain when things start getting out of hand, provided one isn't drunk as shit or on other depressants, and there's no mention of alcohol or other depressant's in the op's post, hence, that post rating is absolute, complete bogus! FYI, most people reaching out to medical help when they trip too hard on acid or other hallucinogens will be treated with benzodiazepines, at least in most parts of Europe - a strong dose of benzos like clonazepam, bromazepam, clorazepate or diazepam is not unusual in these cases, even when the patient has had a few beers with his acid.
This being said, i won't feed the troll any further.

misinformation- ending a trip and ending a bad trip are distinct things so this information is not relevant and could be dangerous if considered relevant

Last edited by zerozerohero; 23-01-2012 at 11:29.
Old 23-01-2012, 08:00

23 y/o Male from Canada
sundance_kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by keychick View Post
Sundance, that would be the same as one of those five hour energy
drinks i believe?
not too sure, swim took some niacin a little over an hour after taking LSD and the effects of the LSD diminished quite a bit, this was also tested again in a different instance about 5 hours after taking LSD with similar effects leading me to make this post
Old 21-07-2012, 10:14

28 y/o Male from United States
VitaminPower is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Greetings!

I'd like to ask you some help with one of the quotes mentioned above (reactivating an old thread here) =P

As I was searching for this peculiar article considering the link between niacin and LSD that I read couple of years ago, the only potent result I got was your quote on this very forum.

The quote goes:

"Use of nicotinic acid (niacin, B3) to abort psychosis
Abraham Hoffer (1956)
We have given the subject 100 ug. of LSD; at the height of the experience we injected intravenously 200 mg. of nicotinic acid. Our experience has been that, within a matter of two to five minutes, almost all of the LSD phenomena disappeared, and the subject claimed that he was entirely normal.
Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz21BTKjfyE

I tried to find that article again but with no results ever so far. I was thinking that maybe you can provide me some link to that article where you have spotted that yourself? I'd be extremly grateful for that!

Thanks in advance!

Share this on:

Tags
bad trips, lsd, lsd bad trips, lsd trip abortion, trip abortion