Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 16-01-2012, 05:26

34 y/o Male from United States
dynastie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
snorting focalin

alright so swim took 80mg of focalin, 4 20mg capsules, swim opend the pill crushed the beads, and snorted all of the 80mg taking a few minute break per line, after waiting a half hour swim felt barely no effect, swim felt the same effect as just taking one regularly by mouth, swim has recently not taken any adhd medication for 6 months, and smokes weed daily...why is it that he didnt get any feeling off of it other than being more focused...
Old 28-01-2012, 12:20
Silver Member

Male from United States
ratatata is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: snorting focalin

my cat is confused

:/

80 mg, crushed properly, sniffed, slowly, and my cat assumes taken with water down the nose....

without stim tolerance, as 6 months hsould lower it at least SIGNIFICANTLY, that should do it

my cat is confused

if youre cat used to have huuuuge tolerance, it still could be an issue
Old 08-03-2012, 01:12

21 y/o Male from United States
Speedy AJD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Swim thinks swiy could be snorting things incorrectly,should look into that
Old 08-03-2012, 03:34
Silver Member

Male from United States
m000nman is a decent psychonaut.m000nman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

first of all, snorting 80mg of focalin is a pretty big dose for someone with no tolorance, if it had worked as intended that coulda been a bit dangerous. anyways, id guess it has something to do with the time release formula of the focalin not breaking down properly and rather then being absorbed in your nose, it just slid down to your stomach and was absorbed there, its possible the wax and filler of the beads prevented your nose from absorbing any significant amount of the focalin.

you should look into a more effecient way to crush the beads to ensure better absorption. sorry, i cant provide any info on that, ive never experienced the time release focalin. if its available to you, try switching to an instant release formula so it will crush into powder more easily.
Old 27-03-2012, 01:06

22 y/o Male from United States
Nasty Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

You could be snorting it incorrectly, try taking a few minute break after 2 lines possibly? And make sure they're Focalin and not something else!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:00

Male from United States
Lovedatshit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

My dog has ADHD and has a script for 10mg focalin xr and still gets a high off of it. For my dog 40mg snorted in combination with 40mg swallowed is plenty to feel good. Many say people w/ ADHD cant get high off of these meds but it's not always the case. I really dunno what's going on with you as to why you don't get high. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:58
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

SWIM also has snorted Focalin. (both IR and XR versions). one problem SWIM used to have this problem when starting Focalin. a few tips of advice for SWIY is make SURE you crush/grind the pill(s) very fine. snort just enough to get it up SWIY's nose, not too hard and not to soft. (snorting to hard will cause EXCESSIVE post-nasal drip, which is basically just when the pill slide down your throat and is a slower consumption.) also SWIM wouldn't suggest taking all the pill at once as this may cause a faster come-down. (not always but SWIM has had this problem). hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18
Titanium Member

Female from United States
KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2

The OP should be somewhat grateful that he/she did not experience the effect of the full 80 mg of insufflated Focalin XR. Although this is the methylphenidate forum, Focalin (dexmethylphenidate) and Ritalin (methylphenidate) are not dosed the same. Meaning 10mg of Focalin is not equivalent to 10mg of Ritalin. Theoretically dexmethylphenidate is twice as potent (although due to the process of enantiopurification of racemic methylphenidate, dexmethylphenidate is said to be about 70% more potent than racemic methylphenidate). I can fetch sources when I get to my computer, as it's kind of difficult to access Medline from my crummy "smart" phone.

There are many threads on DF about proper snorting techniques. I've been prescribed Focalin XR once, and from what I remember the beads were quite a hassle to crush into a fine enough powder to be worth ruining my sinuses for. Focalin comes in an instant release formulation, which is a lot easier to work with if you insist on using it this way.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:35

Male from United States
SoberSally is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

80 mgs of Focalin is a very large amount for just about anyone. Focalin is very strong medication. Anything that is acidic will weaken the effects. Also having a sufficient amount of vitamins in ones body can make ones tolerance a little higher, However given the large amount claimed to have been insufilated, I highly doubt you perfected the process.. SWIM was prescribed Focalin xr and ir for 7 years and knows just about everything there is to know about this medication. That amount should be enough to make a horse tweak.
Old 14-04-2012, 12:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberSally View Post
80 mgs of Focalin is a very large amount for just about anyone. Focalin is very strong medication. Anything that is acidic will weaken the effects. Also having a sufficient amount of vitamins in ones body can make ones tolerance a little higher, However given the large amount claimed to have been insufilated, I highly doubt you perfected the process.. SWIM was prescribed Focalin xr and ir for 7 years and knows just about everything there is to know about this medication. That amount should be enough to make a horse tweak.
SoberSally couldn't have said it better. i've been on this forum for about 3 weeks now and a fair amount of posts are either hard to understand, not descriptive enough, or too much detail... SoberSally Summed up everything in a few sentences, gave a good amount of detail, and explained it simply... glad to see posts like this in DF.

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs, drugs-forum, dxm, focalin, focalin effects, focalin xr, snorting, weed