Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Fentanyl
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 14:00

23 y/o Male from United States
Euphorical should review received reputation comments.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How to smoke your EMPTY (gel squeezed) Fentanyl patches!

THERE IS FENT LEFT IN THE ADHESIVE OF YOUR EMPTY PATCHES!!! this is earth shattering news for some people (like me)

about 75% of the fent in a gel patch is in the gel. Care to guess where the OTHER 25% is? In the glue! Its silicone glue with suspended fentanyl citrate, for those who care about such things

So, SAVE THOSE EMPTIES!!!

This is a very otc procedure. Hint: go buy some 90 or (better yet) 94% isopropyl alcohol and a glass cigar tube (or similar glass science holdey-dealie)
__________________________________________________ _________
I'll let you in on the biggest fent secret since smoking the gel! Ready?

1) cut out the sticky part of the patch (under the "bubble") and slice it into small ribbons with a razorblade
2) repeat, until you have about 100ug worth of patches prepared (i.e. 1 100ug patch or 4 25's)
3) get a small glass container, a test tube/cigar tube is ideal, you could also use one of the tiny honey/ketchup/mustard jars from a hotel. A spoon might work in a pinch, dont know never tried
4) put the patch ribbons in the test tube. Pour isopropyl in until it just barely covers the ribbons
5) using something metal, (that doesn't have any nooks or crannies, like a butter knife) swish around/stir/smoosh/generally mix it all up every 5 minutes or so for an hour or more
6) continue to let it soak, stirring as much as possible
7) when you decide you cant stand it anymore, get a big ass sheet of foil and spread out a 6" X 12" section
8) fold up the sides so nothing falls off it onto the carpet (this was my biggest fuckup on my first try)
9) pour the isopropyl/fent solution onto the foil and spread out. It helps to have a few small depressions pushed into the foil. Dont put a lot on there, no more than a 4cm circle per spot.
10) let it evaporate. you can help it along with gentile heat and a fan. A hairdryer on low/no heat would be good
11) once its almost dry, you will see tiny needlelike crystals of fent in the isopropyl!
12) when 95% dry (its ideal to have it all the way dry, but the last 5% takes forever) smoke like you would the regular gel, off foil.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Ideas for improvements:

-different solvent (acetone, methylene chloride, ethyl alcohol, and ether come to mind) the perfect solvent would dissolve a shitload of fentanyl citrate while leaving the silicone adhesive untouched

-apply heat to the iso/fent solution

-longer soak times

-dumping the iso/fent solution on a large mirror and drying it overnight there, scrape up crystallized residue and transfer to foil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's more details:

good news so far. Concept has been proved, now i just need to refine... I put 3 fent "stickies" in a test tube with 50mL of 90% isopropyl alcohol. I stirred briefly and let stand for 30 minutes. Then I laid out a large piece of reynolds foil and poured off the isopropyl/fent solution onto the foil and let it sit for 30 minutes. A "skin" of crystals formed on the surface as the solution dried. It took too long to completely dry (probably because iso was not dry enough?) so I applied heat. It left a hazy whitish residue on the foil that resembled dried fent gel, just spread MUCH thinner. I applied flame to the bottom and smoke rose.

I REALLY ghetto'ed this procedure and it WORKED!!! Fuck i even spilled iso/fent solution on the carpet!! I can think of a lot of ways to refine this procedure for a higher yield: longer iso soak, cutting the "stickies" up into smaller pieces, vigorous stirring would all help getting more fent off the "stickies" and into solution (although who knows what i got might have been all there was but i doubt it).

I dont know what to do with regards to solvent... I'm not super concerned about getting the adhesive out, as I can HARDLY taste it at all, I get the feeling that somehow the fent is jumping off into solution and the adhesive is being left behind (otherwise how the crystals w/silicone). Ignoring the adhesive wash out, the ideal solution would be the one that most aggressively dissolves fent, right? i.e. methylene chloride (which I have sourced otc but not purchased), but iso a close second? Or am I wrong and hexane or acetone will be better? You'll probably say experiment.

So... Dream 2 will involve the modifications I listed above, but in iso (because that's what I have for tonight) and I'll let it stand for at least 12 hours, maybe 20. Also, I'll try to keep all the fent in the test tube instead of on the carpet. That should help my yields tremendously.

Any Questions discuss here.

Your friendly neighborhood junky,
Euphorical

Post Quality Evaluations:
Fantastic info, and as you said, "earth shattering news!" lol

Last edited by Gradient; 10-01-2012 at 15:14. Reason: no need for PM
Old 10-01-2012, 14:43
Mercury Member

36 y/o Male from England
MadOne needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: How to smoke your EMPTY (gel squeezed) Fentanyl patches!

what about the non gel patches anyway of smoking old ones of those these ones look like tape and are called durogesic d trans the 100mcg patches contain 16.8mg of fentanyl freebase apparently

MadOne added 7 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

if only they was gel based patches in the uk the original durogesic gel based ones dissapeared back in 08 about the same time i was first prescribed them

MadOne added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

nice post thou euphrical

Last edited by MadOne; 10-01-2012 at 14:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2012, 15:47

23 y/o Male from United States
Euphorical should review received reputation comments.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Thank you

please use the rep system for "thank you" no need to clutter up threads
Try to avoid useless one liners please!
Old 10-01-2012, 21:07
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11
Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9%

Something that perhaps the OP should have added to the thread are the very real dangers behind smoking Fentanyl, outlined in a very concise thread about smoking Fentanyl which can be found here

Make no bones about it. Smoking Fentanyl is a killer. As far as i am aware we have had at least two fatal casualties who where DF members.

Pay attention to all the harm reduction advice you can find if you want to play around with this extremely potent opioid.

Thanks for bringing this up
he points out a vaey real danger
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23

Male from United States
Bumpin87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

just so afoaf (a friend of a friend) understands correctly, within the gel he is extracting before there is no silicone correct? and i'm guessing the alch will not dissolve the silicone? hence why your doing what your doing right?
Old 20-02-2013, 05:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from Earth
ToxicRoxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

So a friend tried this process of smoking the squeezed patches, and had a migrane after with very little buzz...they used stickies from 2 100mcg/hr patches, used 91% iso, speeded up the drying process by using a blow dryer, supposedly tasted something...but was rather disappointed/let down...
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57

32 y/o Female from United States
kitty k is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

Can you just eat the gel?

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, drug, drugs-forum, duragesic, duragesic fentanyl, fentanyl, fentanyl gel patch, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patch extraction, fentanyl patches, fentanyl smoking, gel patch, how to extract, isopropyl alcohol, smoking fentanyl, tin foil