Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 07-04-2006, 00:04
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
kratom hangover

SWIM has decided that the reason for sometimes sleeping over 12 hours after kratom use may be due to the kratom (SWIM has great pride in SWIMs intellegence). Though it is initially stimulating it seems to induce very deep sleep after this inital effect. The doses involved are about 7 - 10 g leaf twice in a day. This is the usual dose SWIM will take 1-2 times a week, and seems to have this effect consistently.
For SWIM it is not useful, but this property could be very attractive to those with trouble sleeping...
Anyone else notice anything similar, and how long does the sedation take to kick in after onset of effects ? SWIM does not feel sedated before sleep - it usually feels like the kratom has worn off at that point. Note the only other substance used is sometimes a popular weed.

Also, SWIM has noticed that some batches of leaf are more stimulating than others. This could be SWIMs imagination.

Snapper
Old 07-04-2006, 02:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Yes, kratom does induce very deep and relaxing sleep. It's not unusual for swim to get a full 12 hours of sleep if swim goes to bed early enough. Within a few hours of taking the kratom, swim can fall asleep quite easily. If there is excess stimulation, toss and turning will be the result though.

Some batches are indeed more stimulating than others, and this is most likely due to variations in alkaloid content.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:34

35 y/o Male from Earth
kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3
It makes me a bit moody afterwards, but the good outweighs the bad on this substance. Sure wish I had a bunch. I don't trust any of the sources I have dealt with. Have you ever dried out your kratom after use???

Pretty hard to tell it was ever used right?? 1/2 kg lasted swim 5 good doses. Thats sketchy according to what I have read. Once I get into the sources I hope to find a steady connection. I miss it much. My back is so jacked up and it really helped me when I was using the Kratom.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:53
Drug Geek Extraordinaire

29 y/o Female from United States
bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.
Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5
I've found thus far that it helps significantly with sleep if I go to sleep when I feel the most drowsy. If I try to stay awake then I'll have trouble sleeping later when the effects have worn off a bit...but, I'm an insomniac anyway so I don't know if that's related. Also, as far as hangover: I overdid the kratom just a little last weekend and woke up with one of the worst headaches I've ever had and also vomited sometime during the morning as well. Taught me a lesson about dosage...
Old 07-04-2006, 06:11
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Never experienced headaches, though overstimulation is a can be an issue if it comes on too fast (stagger doses or drink slowly). The big problem with sleep after use is that it lasts too long - about 12 hours, and then it is difficult to wake up.
And Kemistudent, 100g/dose is indeed sketchy. Reasonable potency leaf should yield 1 dose / 5-10 g on average. The poor quality commercial is still good at about 25 g. Perhaps you should prep it differently. Some leaf is not powdered, which means it absorbs poorly into water. Also, ingesting the entire leaf material is stronger than tea. Maybe the combination of an incomplete extractionn new source, and not ingesting leaf material is responsible for the high dosing.

Snapper
Old 07-04-2006, 19:30
Drug Geek Extraordinaire

29 y/o Female from United States
bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.
Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5
Well, I probably had a headache the next day because it was only my second time using the substance. I dosed around 2:30-3pm (spaced out the dose) with two tablespoons and felt really good. My SO arrived home around 7pm at which time my effects had mostly worn off and I was feeling a bit queasy. But, she hadn't gotten a chance to try it yet and wanted to so I wanted to be in the same headspace and mixed her up a batch and I took about 3/4 of a tablespoon more which was against my better judgement since my stomache wasn't happy with me as it was. Anyway, after that the nausea went away I was feeling very good again...my partner really hated the taste of the kratom in the pudding (which I happen to think tastes pretty good) so she wasn't able to finish her's and I didn't want it to go to waste so I finished up hers...I suspect that would've been about another 1/2 a tablespoon more. I also had one alcoholic beverage that night and smoked some cannabis to help induce sleep. I had an absolutely wonderful night though that was quite worth the hangover the next day. I think it was probably just that drink that I had though because alcohol usually makes me feel kind of bad the next morning no matter how little I drank the night before...and of course the unpleasantness of the next morning is exacerbated if another drug was used in conjunction. I can't recall whether I had a headache after the first experience...if I did then it probably wasn't bad since I don't remember
Old 07-04-2006, 19:50
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
SWIM sleeps like a rock since he started using kratom. He can't get jack-shit done before, say, 10 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 20:34
Gold Member

Male from United States
EXACTLY radiometer!
This is something that my stop SWIM from using it so frequently. SWIM works weird hours and at first thought it was extra fatigue, but it only happens on kratom night. Thanks for corroborating my experience.
I guess this proves there is a price to pay for the initial stimulation with this substance, but it could be very useful for insomniacs...

Snapper
Old 14-05-2006, 21:55

Male
zenben is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
It might be because of the doses that SWIM uses (about 15-20g) but SWIM tends to have insomnia if SWIM tries to sleep within 8 hours of taking kratom. This is similar to SWIM's reaction to opiates and psychedelics alike. after 12 hours, however, sleep comes very easily, and even when SWIM doesn't sleep much, SWIM tends to function normally the following day (just like opiates). For those who can't sleep, SWIM recommends 50mg of diphenhydramine (benadryl) as this quiets the mind and allows SWIM to get a good night sleep on the nights that SWIM uses kratom. Only side effects are dry mouth and it is a diuretic, so drink water and expect to get up and urinate at least once during the night. The two substances do not seem to have any negative interactions, although SWIM has never taken them both at the same time, but rather one hours after the other.
Old 24-05-2006, 05:00

Male
s0uThp4rk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
SWIM had some Kratom for the first time yesterday, slept for 11 hrs, and woke up with dizzyness but not quite a headache. SWIM enjoyed the sedative effects though, and only used 2-4 grams dried leaf in tea.

Share this on:

Tags
diuretic, drugs-forum, hangover, hungover, kratom, kratom hangover, stimulant