Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 08-01-2012, 22:40
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chris120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ritalin compared to Adderall?

I have 2 questions, 1: What are differences between taking Adderall vs. Taking Ritalin? I take adderall so what would ritalin do differently? And 2: If I had a tolerance to adderall, would ritalin be at full effect or would the adderall tolerance apply to ritalin too? Thanks for answers!

Rules are different, no one longer needs to use "SWIM" and stuff.
Old 09-01-2012, 17:20

Female from United States
littlebit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: Ritalin compared to Adderall?

Hello there, i wanted to let you know that i had tried Ritalin (as an Rx) originally for my ADD. i remember that it wasn't strong enough to help w/ any of my symptoms much. i also tried the Concerta form (my metabolism burns up fast too) which wasn't any better. It felt like a sharp up feeling, then came down in less than 2 hours, quite uncomfortable. It's not nearly as strong as Adderall (which is my current prescription) but if you have lots of negative side effects of Adderall, you may like the Ritalin much more. Hope it works out for you!

littlebit added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

And if you had a tolerance to Adderall, Ritalin won't make any difference, trust me.

Last edited by littlebit; 09-01-2012 at 17:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-08-2012, 08:07

Male from United States
mynigguhtrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1

swim prefers Adderall because it works better then Ritalin. no doubt Adderall is more of a modern day drug then Ritalin. But if you get Vyvanse(70mg pill = 30mg adderall). it has Adderall in it but also has other chemicals that help with adhd.
Old 14-08-2012, 08:13
Silver Member

The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

To me they feel almost exactly the same. Ritalin does not last quite as long, and IMO for ADHD, Adderall and Vyvanse have a more calming effect. It probably doesnt make sense, being they are amphetamines, but Ritalin is way more "speedy" with ups and downs IMO.

I am prescribed 60 mg of Ritalin a day, and normally take anywhere from 20-60mg depending on the day. The up and down thing is somewhat annoying, but its cheap and i live with it.

I liked Vyvanse a lot.

Ritalin and Adderall are way more similar than they are different, but Adderall lasts longer and seems to work better with less crash.

Also....I can imagine there is some cross tolerance there.
Old 15-08-2012, 21:16
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
robotripper is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5

Swim has tried both and personally felt that for him, Ritalin comes out on top as far as treating his ADHD goes. Ritalin makes Swim very anti-social, and when he begins to get into what ever he is working on, finds that it causes extreme euphoria. Unfortunately however the crash for Ritalin can be bad at times, for swim it is usually accompanied by a headache.

As far as Adderal goes Swim found it rather useless as it made him MORE social which quickly defeats the purpose of using it to help swim in school. Now as far as SWIM is concerned the abuse potential for Adderall is significantly higher especially when snorted. Which is currently the reason why SWIM asked to be taken off Adderall and put onto Ritalin again.

Don't get me wrong there is definitely potential for abuse as far as Ritalin goes. But swim found the recreational effects of ritalin far more pleasant when he took his dose orally, as opposed to taking it up the nose which in and of itself has severe drawbacks and consequences.

from swims experience the two have very little to no cross tolerance.

ProTIP: drinking acidic drinks before taking adderall can render it completely useless as a majority of it will be pee'd out. to counteract this SWIM would take 1/4 teaspoon of sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda) and mix it will some water to enjoy before using his pills.

Be safe.
Old 01-10-2012, 22:26

kikioc73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Does anybody know if Vitamin C, as in orange juice would make Concerta/Ritalin work better or make it less effective??
I know that it definitely makes Adderall way less effective...
Anyone have input, please?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15

Male from United States
speedracer19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

In SWIM's ecperience Aderall is a much smoother, more concentrating feeling while ritalin gives a shakier, yet more euphoric high. SWIM has heard rumors that drinking a cup with 1 tsp of baking soda prolongs the effects of adderall. Also, SWIM believes that the ritalin comedown is worse than Adderall, especially when exceeding 100 mg/day.
Old 11-10-2012, 20:05
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

It's entirely personal, and also depends on what you want to get out of each drug. Personally I think adderall destroys methylphenidate (concerta, ritalin) in almost every way possible. However, methylphenidate is a more "recreational" stimulant than adderall. I find methylphenidate to have far too many side effects in comparison to adderall. At higher doses the jaw clenching is unbearable and uncontrollable, anxiety is significant, feeling completely tweaked out (just staring into space), short-term memory is destroyed (can read for hours but only able to recall a small amount of material), flushing, vasoconstriction, annoying comedown...the list goes on. Mind you, this is at recreational dosages and taken in the IR format. The extended release is more calming, but I feel "out of it" (hard to explain) and not myself - kind of like a robot that's just preforming random functions. However, despite all of this, it is VERY euphoric....definitely comparable to cocaine (although definitely not as clean and euphoric as cocaine)...people weren't kidding when they call methylphenidate "kitty cocaine" - there are definite similarities between the two drugs in terms of psychological effects.

As for adderall, it's very "clean". It does not have much recreational value, but cognition is enhanced to an unmeasurable level, it is stimulating but purely in the psychological sense rather than the physical. This is the beauty of the drug. Your primary side effects will be a rapid heart rate (it isn't until you get to insane doses that you become paranoid)...I've never felt "tweaked out" on adderall, the worst I've felt was slight paranoia and agitation on a high dose when was still new to the drug. Hell, I feel much worse on a higher dose of caffeine...and the comedown from caffeine is worse too!

However, putting my biases aside, adderall's side effects are much more subtle, and might even be more dangerous than methylphenidate in the long term. The damage is being done - psychological addiction can definitely creep up on users, and apparently it is neurotoxic (it is still being debated as to whether or not adderall itself is neurotoxic). Although to some adderall may seem like the "perfect stimulant" there's always a price to pay.

It's entirely subjective though, and really depends on you. Different drugs effect different people in different ways. To some both seem like the same thing and they can't really tell the difference between the two. To others the differences are absolutely apparent. At the end of the day you gotta figure out which one is best for you. Personally adderall seems "perfect" for me, and it is precisely this reason that I must take a period of abstention. If it's too good to be true, it usually isn't.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall effects, adderall tolerance, aderall, amphetamine, drug, drug test, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, hydrochloride, meth, methylphenidate, ritalin, ritalin adderall, stimulant, tolerance, urine drug test