Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 13:07
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Xotq is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Confused About Poppy Pods

Hey everyone, a couple days ago Swim began reading up on poppy tea and its effects. As a fan of opiates he was immediately intrigued how easily and legally poppy pods could be ordered online, and the effects their users were getting from them. A quick Google search later and he found multiple retailers and similar prices(I know the discussion of specific prices and retailers is forbidden so he will not go into great detail on these). What shocked him was how much these little things were being sold for. Retailers were selling groups of 100 pods for triple digit prices, are they really worth this much? Swim is opiate naive and around 140 pounds at the moment, and is wondering how many pods made into poppy tea would it take to get him high. He knows pods vary in opiate content and weight but he would appreciate a rough estimate, perhaps based on your experience with them. If anyone knows how much 100 pods approximately weights that would also be much appreciated. Thanks to anyone who responds to this.
Old 07-01-2012, 14:02
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Confused About Poppy Pods

There are loads of cheaper, more easily obtainable alternatives to poppy pods. Unfortunately, these are mostly heroin and highly addictive painkillers.

Poppy tea does work, in fact, I prefer the high to that of heroin, codeine or morphine - it feels more all encompassing and has more of a body high to it which I like.

My advice is do poppy tea if you want to try opiates, and if it's expensive, good! It will stop you doing it all the time and getting addicted.

Then again, it might be best to stay away altogether, poppy tea was my gateway drug into the destructive and wonderful world of opiate abuse.
Old 07-01-2012, 15:16
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

How big is a poppy pod? Well how long is a piece of string? Weight is much better to go by since pods vary a great deal in size. If we're talking dried, small ones might weigh a gram while big ones - the 'giganthemum' variety - can weigh 10 or even 15 grams a piece.

I've only ever bought pods in the UK and without wishing to discuss prices, they can be had for a lot less than the sums you're talking about. I would suggest googling further afield and seeing if they'll send some to you? Oh, and buy by the kilo, not the number of pods.
Old 07-01-2012, 15:36
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

AFOAF gets her pods very cheaply so you must be looking at the wrong sites. And yes they are worth it considering how much opium or morphine you can easily extract from them.. triple figure prices don't sound right to AFOAF though

Keep searching, you will fiind a reasonable source at some point

EDIT:

just a thought, but you shouldn't really be buying by numbers.. find a site that sells by weight I.e a kilo or half kilo. These are better values from which to estimate your end product

misskatie added 10 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualityplant View Post
There are loads of cheaper, more easily obtainable alternatives to poppy pods. Unfortunately, these are mostly heroin and highly addictive painkillers.

Poppy tea does work, in fact, I prefer the high to that of heroin, codeine or morphine - it feels more all encompassing and has more of a body high to it which I like.

My advice is do poppy tea if you want to try opiates, and if it's expensive, good! It will stop you doing it all the time and getting addicted.

Then again, it might be best to stay away altogether, poppy tea was my gateway drug into the destructive and wonderful world of opiate abuse.
You forgot to mention poppy tea tastes fucking disgusting lol

AFOAF would advise making CFO instead. or get some calcium carbonate and extract the morphine. Saves the long wait of evaporating it down to flake

Last edited by misskatie; 07-01-2012 at 15:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-01-2012, 16:24
Palladium Member

Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC

Yeah, if you have the patience and privacy it's much better to make solid opium. I've had marginal success at best making smokeable opium but it's fine just rolled into pills and swallowed. All the effects and none of the gross taste. You can also reduce the volume and 'plug' the tea (stick it up your arse, in other words) which is more effective than taking it orally but obviously not everyone's cup of tea.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Xotq is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

A quick question, swim is wondering roughly how many milligrams of dried poppy pods would it take to give him the desired effect?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:05
Titanium Member

Male from Australia
Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.
Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Encouraging an opiate naive user to make cooked flake opium is quite irresponsible IMO. Don't do this, the road to addiction is hard enough to avoid with poppy tea. Xotq, your question can't be answered because poppy pods are not standardised. The drugs that come out of them are. These are just dried plants. Poppy pods can vary greatly in potency. Roughly well over a gram.

Post Quality Evaluations:
First sentence would have made a good reputation comment on the other poster's post, rather than being mentioned in your post-
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51
Palladium Member

A gram wouldn't do jack shit for a mouse. My girlfriend has a fairly low tolerance to most kinds of drugs and she gets a nice mellow buzz from tea made from about 25g of pods. For a good strong high I might use between 50 and 75g - I'm not 'opiate naive' exactly, but I don't take them regularly enough to have that much of a tolerance, I think.

With commercial dried pods of unknown quantity and for a new user, I would suggest starting of with around 10 or 15 grams. You won't be massively high or anything but will have some idea of how strong the batch is compared to own natural tolerance, and can work up from there.

By the way, poppy seeds are almost dead weight compared to the pods, so when I make tea I break the pods open, pour out the seeds (which I keep) and then use just the pods for making tea. When I talk about weight I mean the weight of the whole pods though (the seeds comprise roughly half the weight).

You can use the seeds to make tea once you've exhausted your pods, although you'll need much more of them, probably several hundred grams. Or you can plant them, of course! (Check your local laws and BE CAREFUL.)

Routemaster Flash added 7 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitlude View Post
Encouraging an opiate naive user to make cooked flake opium is quite irresponsible IMO. Don't do this, the road to addiction is hard enough to avoid with poppy tea. Xotq, your question can't be answered because poppy pods are not standardised. The drugs that come out of them are. These are just dried plants. Poppy pods can vary greatly in potency. Roughly well over a gram.
I don't think CFO is really all that more dangerous than plain poppy tea, to be honest. For one thing, it's a hell of a lot of hassle to make, so it's not something you can just knock up in five minutes when you fancy some. It's just a more concentrated form of the same drug, which I guess could be more dangerous as it's going to be easier to take a large dose in a short time, but this can be avoided by just being sensible and remembering what weight of pods went into the CFO.

If we're talking about actual smokeable CFO, well that's probably going to be more psychologically addictive than taking opium orally, but harder to OD on because you can judge how strong it is almost straight away, and since you only take a small dose with each puff you'd eventually end up too fucked to actually take any more (like being so stoned you couldn't physically roll the next spliff even if you wanted to). But making smokeable opium is quite tricky and it's very unlikely a new user would get it right first time - I've been using poppy tea/home-made opium for years and I've had only marginal success in making smokeable stuff.

Last edited by Routemaster Flash; 08-01-2012 at 12:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
australia, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, legal drug, opiate, opiates, opium, papaver somniferum, pod tea, pods, poppies, poppy, poppy pod, poppy pod tea, poppy pods, poppy tea, sedative, tea