Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 03-01-2012, 10:14

Female from United Kingdom
oldmotherhubbard is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Drug testing: MCAT and new research chemicals help

I have often looked on this site for information about newer drugs and experiences etc but I have reached a problem... at work they have started implementing random drug testing- I can understand why they are doing it but I do frequently take drugs and function (in my eyes) well. I had a look on here for information on drug testing but most of the ways out of false readings centre around cannabis use.
I have been taking MCat quite regularly and am aware that it lasts up to 5 days in the body. I last took it yesterday and I am back at work tomorrow so a drug test could be anytime from tomorrow.
I am wanting to quit drugs to, or reduce consumption so I don't need lectures on not taking them at all, it's a personal choice when you feel ready to make life changes.
What I'm wanting to know is;
1. Will Mcat, Benzo furan, MXE show up on drug tests (I have consumed these also over xmas)? As themselves/ false positive for other drug/ further analysis showing ?

2. If so, how can I cover this if given a drug test (which I presume is urine)? I dont particualrly want to substitute urine as it goes off, difficulties in heating to temperature
Old 03-01-2012, 14:30
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from Portugal
YIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9
Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2%
Re: Drug testing: MCAT and new research chemicals help

Hello and welcome to DF oldmotherhubbard!

Regarding your 1st question, take a look into following threads:

Hair follicle drugs test - will Mephedrone show?

Updates on Mephedrone(4-MMC) and drug tests

Benzos and drug tests

Mxe on a drug test

Standard drug test for retail store?

Additionally, you may want to take a look into:
Drug Testing - A Comprehensive Guide

Regarding detox/cleansing product and methods:

Synthetic Urine - Synthetix5

QCarbo Fast cleansing formula

Herbal Clean Master Tea

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great links to other threads for OP
inclusive list of the best threads to answer the questions. well done, good use of the search feature & forum resources to help a Newbie.
Fantastic collection of information.

Last edited by YIPMAN; 03-01-2012 at 14:54. Reason: Added related threads
Old 03-01-2012, 16:54

Hi,
Thanks for that, I've read most of the ones you had suggested but still unclear about the best course of action as the drug testing guide is geared up mainly towards THC so the asprin and things won't work. The MXE said that it may still appear as Ketamine, although I wasn't aware this was on a standard drug test so not as worried. It's mainly the MCAT and as there's loads of difficult chemicals flying about sold as MCAT wondered what the likelyhood is of any of these showing up...also the advice was it may show up as amphetamine, but further analysis would show Mcat, will this look any better to my employer, also the benzofuran is similar in structure to MDMA and amphetamines so don't know about the likelyhood of that showing up either S
Old 03-01-2012, 17:41
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,188, Level: 21 Points: 21,188, Level: 21 Points: 21,188, Level: 21
Activity: 45.8% Activity: 45.8% Activity: 45.8%

By MCAT do you mean mephedrone or methcathinone? MCAT is ambiguous slang that can mean multiple things.

Also by "Benzo furan" do you mean "Benzo Fury"? If so then the latter is a brand name rather than a chemical so the product could contain just about anything (though it is generally labelled as 6-APB there is yet to be an independent analysis to confirm this being present in any such product).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmotherhubbard View Post
It's mainly the MCAT and as there's loads of difficult chemicals flying about sold as MCAT wondered what the likelyhood is of any of these showing up...also the advice was it may show up as amphetamine, but further analysis would show Mcat, will this look any better to my employer
It is possible that mephedrone or methcathinone could trigger a false positive to amphetamine or methamphetamine in an immunoassay test. Confirmatory testing may identify mephedrone or methcathinone as the source of the false positive, but since those are both class B controlled substances in their own right that would not be any better in the eyes of an employer.

Quote:
benzofuran is similar in structure to MDMA and amphetamines so don't know about the likelyhood of that showing up either S
As said above "Benzo Fury" could contain just about anything, legal or otherwise. It's impossible to predict what the test results are likely to be for this reason.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 03-01-2012 at 18:14.
Old 03-01-2012, 18:09

Hi.
Thanks for that. I used the term Mcat as it could have been either as noone is too sure what drugs are when they are synthetic and marketed as Mcat. Yes it was benzo furan, is that not the trade name for benzo furan, which the active ingredient is 6 APB, as that is what I have been lead to believe (although I am aware, as with the above comments that drugs can be made up of anything really).
So it may not give a false positive for either, or it might? But this has not been researched thoroughly?
And there is still no drug test for Mcat (any substance included, but still referred to for a collective term)?

So any ideas how to get out of this one?
Old 03-01-2012, 18:13
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,188, Level: 21 Points: 21,188, Level: 21 Points: 21,188, Level: 21
Activity: 45.8% Activity: 45.8% Activity: 45.8%

benzofuran is a simple compound found in tar and has no psychoactive properties. I assume that you do actually mean the branded product "Benzo Fury".
Old 03-01-2012, 18:22

...Also someone from work said that this test would show the ability to see how the drug was taken...I'm unsure of the logisitics of this in any kind of sample unless maybe there is some form of breathing apparatus to check for weed, crack or heroin in the lungs...other than that I can't see how it would work?
Has anyone heard of this before?

oldmotherhubbard added 4 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenoxide View Post
benzofuran is a simple compound found in tar and has no psychoactive properties. I assume that you do actually mean the branded product "Benzo Fury".
Yes sorry. Just did a recent drugs course and benzofuran was mentioned as an actual drug and was stated that this was how it was given it's trade name? Not that it really matters unless confused with benzodiazepines.

Last edited by oldmotherhubbard; 03-01-2012 at 18:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2012, 18:41
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

It has a benzofuran ring, benzofuran on its own doesn't really mean anything. Propylhexadrine (Benzedrex) has a cyclohexyl ring instead of a phenyl ring (if it had the phenyl ring, it would be methamphetamine), but no one calls it 'cyclohexyl', if you know what I mean. 6-APB (which is what Benzo Fury allegedly is) would be MDA, if not for that benzofuran ring ("6-APB is similar to MDA in that the 3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl ring system has been replaced with a benzofuran ring" - at least according to Wikipedia). I don't know if that helps or makes it more complicated. *lol*

Whoever told you it's just called 'benzofuran' is incorrect - there are lots of things out there that contain benzofuran rings as part of their molecule.

Also, there's NO way to tell via drug testing HOW someone got the drug into their body. The only exception I can think of is *maybe* crack cocaine, because an additional chemical is made when you vaporize/smoke it & this chemical doesn't exist if you sniff or inject it. But in general, there are no methods to tell how someone got any drug into the body via a drug screen.

~Kailey
Old 03-01-2012, 18:51

Cheers. That's what I thought with regards to the different testing methods. Yeah the benzofuranamines must just be the collective term for drugs which have that ring.
But whether it has the ring or not still more concerned about the test itself, will just have to hope it doesnt happen this week- see what happens when it does come up and the info about it and stay away from things that are not on that test. If it does happen, lie through my teeth or accept the consequences (

Share this on:

Tags
benzo fury, benzofuranamines, drug testing question, mcat, mxe

» New Threads
Methadone withdrawals is there...
Last post by Oberyn
2 Replies, 115 Views
Longest you've stayed up on a...
Last post by laron16
0 Replies, 1 Views
Greetings, and I'm kicking...
Last post by Oberyn