Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 01:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chris120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Help with legally getting prescription for adderall?

So I am actually going to the doctor soon to get some help for my ADD (which is greatly affecting my performance in school), but heres my question. Should I mention to her how 1 time I tried adderall and it fixed all my problems, etc.? The reason would be to 1:Have her prescribe me adderall over another thing such as ritalin or vyvanse, and 2: to show her that adderall helps my anxiety and doesnt make it worse (which I have gone to the doctor for before), seeing as adderall is supposedly bad for anxiety. On the other hand, i dont want to make it seem like I am some junkie trying to get a prescription to sell/abuse (which I would NEVER do!). Leave your honest imput/opinions, should I tell her I have used it before and it helped with ADD symptoms alot?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:20
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%
Re: Help with legally getting prescription for adderall?

If you were a doctor, and a patient told you they took a substance that is illegal without a prescription, but they only did it to see if it helped them, would YOU believe them?

How about this, how about if you are just honest about what your issue/s is/are and leave any type of medication out of the whole thing. I thought I was ADD or ADHD, and I found out through a psyche evaluation (a shitey one at that) that chances are I don't have ADD or ADHD, but instead have bi-polar.

Honesty is the best policy, but think of it from her point of view. She has many people wanting drugs for recreation, and she has a small handful of people who really need types of medications. If you really have a problem (I am not saying you don't or do) then just doing the psyche evaluation should bring the problem to surface, and you both can go from there.

Oh, regarding your thread title........we don't tell people how to get substances here.

Last edited by trdofbeingtrd; 02-01-2012 at 01:21. Reason: Clarification.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:45
Silver Member

Male from United States

I thought the title was fine because i am 1: getting it legally for my ADD (that i have been tested for in the past, turning up positive), and 2: because i was asking whether or not to tell someone something, not asking how to get it. But i completely understand and i will not do that in the future. And you made a very good point, im just going to let her do the work and i wont mention taking any before, you are right. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:59
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

The title is fine other than it will be very difficult to get anyone to read it let alone reply when it sounds has if you want help getting a substance that can be used for recreational use.

You said you got it, and I believe you. Just to throw this out there though because the way you start your reply says this might also help you out around here.....rules on the site are black and white, not really grey. For example, there are no price discussion allowed. A person can be talking about milk and say the price of a gallon where they live, and not get how they can be given negative points considering that milk is not an illegal substance......however, it's a price discussion. The rules of this site say that people are not to help or ask how to get or where to get a substance of any kind. When the members here read "help with legally getting a prescription for adderall" it sounds as if the OP is asking for help getting a prescription for adderall and most likely will not even reply......but probably will give negative points.

Again, not being a dick, just explaining that so you understand why the title and titles like it are not a good idea. It's not even for the negative points but so that you can possibly get help
Old 02-01-2012, 02:03
Silver Member

Male from United States

Ooooh, i understand now! And you weren't a dick, i get it! Thanks for clarifying you can probably tell I just joined very recently heh. Makes sense now, sorry admins! Wont happen again
Old 02-01-2012, 02:19
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Heretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Shouldn't be hard if you have ADD. I didn't even ask for it and my shrink had me take an ADD test. The score meaning you have ADD was like 14 and I scored like 34 or something ridiculous so she gave me an rx.
If you have already been tested just show your results to your doctor and you should not have any trouble for valid reasons.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:35
Silver Member

Male from United States

Yeah good point. I was just curious however because it is a new doctor and they arent a psychyatrist, just a normal doctor. Thanks for the input though!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:31
Silver Member

Male from United States

Yes everyone i officially claim my question to be solved so no more answers please that could lead to bad things. Thank you all for the help!
Old 09-01-2012, 17:27

Female from United States
littlebit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Hi, personally i wouldn't mention this to your doctor unless you feel really comfortable w/ him or her. i do recommend also seeing a psychiatrist or somebody who specializes in mental health stuff, as it's out of most regular doctor's leagues as far as feeling comfortable prescribing controlled substances because of strict DEA laws. my original PCD prescribed a stimulant which opened the door for my psychiatrist to try me on others if that makes any sense. She had said you're lucky your Dr. (primary care dr.) prescribed you a stimulant, else i wouldn't give you one as many adults abuse them. That was her opinion. To this day, am still on Adderall. Good luck, hope it works out for you!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:20
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
funguy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

I was recently prescribed adderall and my single best advice for you is to be patient yet determined in your pursuit. It seems you shouldn't have too much difficulty, if a doctor seems particuarly problematic at dishing it out consider talking to another one.

It is useful to develop a sense of trust with your doctor and display to him/her that you are responsible so that their writing a script for you will never come back around to bite them in the ass. Doctors legitimately do want to help you, so be honest, responsible and mature.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adhd, amphetamine, amphetamines, anxiety, doctor advice, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, getting prescription, illinois, legal drug, prescription adderall, prescription drug, prescription drugs, ritalin, stimulant, vyvanse