Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 20-11-2011, 07:50
Mercury Member

21 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mr Sebastior needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Beginner, Questions - Zopiclone (imovane)

Okay so 2 days ago swim was prescribed with imovane, he tried one, felt good, the next day he decided he'd try 2, but while he was high, he forgot he had taken them and took 2 more, now he's going back to 1 a day, question is, will that mistake higher his tolerance or is he still fine?

And also, swim heard about some people hallucinating off imovane, which swim would like to try sometime, what dose is good to start at? And should swim add something? No alcohol, long story, but swim doesn't wanna combine the two, maybe coffee? swim noticed yesterday after the high was practically gone, it got him more high, for a longer time too, it wasn't the same imovane buzz, it was more of a chilled body buzz, swim loved it.

So the questions are, would that little mistake higher swim's tolerance?

How would i go about to have a trip off of zopiclone? Nothing major to start with, just to see the walls breathing and stuff like that

And, what are some good ways to make the high last longer? grapfruit juice swim knows, swim found coffee too.
One thing, swim don't have regular grapefruit juice where swim lives, swim could only find blood/red grapefruit, but that should still do the trick, right?

Peace
Old 01-01-2012, 23:11
Mercury Member

Tripping on zopiclone

How many zopiclone would be needed to see some hallucinations, i read about some guy, he took 10x7.5mg and drank a few cups of coffee and he had some nice hallucinations he said

so if i weren't to drink that coffee, could i take like 13-14x7.5mg?
would it be dangerous if i fell asleep during the high/trip though?

'cause on this website the drugstores where i live use to look up the medications and stuff it said 100mg (which would be around 13-14x7.5mg) and you'd end up deeply unconscious, so i'm guessing that's if you fall asleep right?
and it also says 187mg with alcohol gave a serious intoxication.

so my questions are, i wouldn't die if i took that many and fell asleep right?
and would it give ma trip? has anyone here ever tripped on zopiclone? what was it like?
Old 02-01-2012, 00:24

24 y/o Male from United States
brandon561 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 411, Level: 3 Points: 411, Level: 3 Points: 411, Level: 3
Re: Tripping on zopiclone

As someone that works in emergency medicine i would say that 13-14 7.5mg is way way way too much. Ive too many overdoses from this medication working in the field. Be safe with these meds, also caffee wouldnt be smart either since if could put your heart in risk of stoping and serious breathing problems. Take it from someone who sees it all the time.
Be smart.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please feel free to elaborate on this information, and exactly why you feel this way given your background in "emergency medcine".
Old 02-01-2012, 01:09
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,810, Level: 12 Points: 7,810, Level: 12 Points: 7,810, Level: 12
Activity: 34.8% Activity: 34.8% Activity: 34.8%

As well as the above post, there is a significant risk of respiratory arrest. This means you just stop breathing, and die.

If you survive, further hazards are available, due to a prolonged period of chemically induced inertia.

- Permanent limb paralysis that can lead to amputation(s).
- Pressure sores. Google this, and look at graphic pictures.

There are more.

You see, using massive doses of a central nervous depressant in the hope of a visionary experience may be more than disappointing. Coffee would be of very little help. The zopiclone dosage would soon overpower it.

There are alternatives that wouldn't be so potentially harmful. For fuck sake look them up!

Let's be careful out there.

"For fuck sake look them up!" pretty much sums it up! Spot on harm reduction advice, well done
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12
Mercury Member

i am careful though, ain't i, 'cause i wouldn't ask if i wasn't
Old 02-01-2012, 23:23

24 y/o Male from United States
brandon561 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 411, Level: 3 Points: 411, Level: 3 Points: 411, Level: 3

I say this because being a paramedic working in the suburbs i see alot of overdoses with people misusing this medication for recreational purposes and have seen many deaths due to people using to high of a dose of zopiclone. No less than 2 weeks ago there was a call where 3 14 year old overdosed on this med and 2 of them died due to cardiac complications.

I agree you wouldnt be making the post if your werent careful, but its easy for someone to say "yes it is" and maybe you might try it without taking the proper advice. Be safe.
Old 02-01-2012, 23:25
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,223, Level: 20 Points: 19,223, Level: 20 Points: 19,223, Level: 20
Activity: 57.2% Activity: 57.2% Activity: 57.2%

There's a world of better drugs out there to play with. Ones that are reliable, safe, and don't result in sleep driving.

You see that, yeah, people do fucking weird ass shit, like e sex with strangers while asleep on Z drugs. Look up "ambien zombies" and see if that sounds fun

straight to the point, and absolutely correct - nice harm reduction message here
Old 04-01-2012, 20:06
Mindless Mindless is nu online
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon561 View Post
As someone that works in emergency medicine i would say that 13-14 7.5mg is way way way too much. Ive too many overdoses from this medication working in the field. Be safe with these meds, also caffee wouldnt be smart either since if could put your heart in risk of stoping and serious breathing problems. Take it from someone who sees it all the time.
Be smart.
Although I have seen references to an interaction with caffeine by one DF member and also on wikipwedia, I can't find any actual citations for this, including in standard pharmacology reference books and the British National Formulary. I'm also unclear about how caffeine could result in heart failure or respiratory problems, either on it's own or in combination with zopiclone. Of course, I could be mistaken. Merely saying that you work in emergency medicine does not qualify your answer, could you elaborate?

Mindless added 21 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Quote:
I say this because being a paramedic working in the suburbs i see alot of overdoses with people misusing this medication for recreational purposes and have seen many deaths due to people using to high of a dose of zopiclone.
I believe that fatal zopiclone overdoses are relatively uncommon. Zopiclone has a similar fatality index to benzodiazepines. It is still advisable not to take excessive doses of course.

'The fatal toxicity for zopiclone was not significantly different from that for benzodiazepines as a group when adjusted for usage, whereas alprazolam and chlormethiazole had greater toxicity. Hypnosedatives are contributory factors rather than primary substances in poisoning deaths'. (Comparison of the fatal toxicity index of zopiclone with benzodiazepines PMID:14705844)

well done for asking these questions when 'qualifications' are being advertised!
this is a good reply debunking the obvious propoganda . im on rotation and since being in a busy A&E for six months, have neither seen a zop overdose or heard of

Last edited by Mindless; 30-07-2012 at 20:26. Reason: repetition of word
Old 09-01-2012, 18:46
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Ireland
tdv123 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

14x7.5mg is way too much Zopiclone for a first timer. Around 30mg should be enough for your first time. And yes 100+mg your first time would almost certainley end up just putting you out cold for a few hours & could very well be dangerous.

Zopiclone isnt great for hallucinations neither, anytime swim himself abused it he didnt experience many visual effets, its more like very hard to concentrate on anything & you keep forgetting things you just did like literally 5 minutes earlier. The memory loss part is espically dangerous in this case as it usually ends up with you forgetting how many pills you've taken & start taking more of them because not sure how many you've taken. Swim himself on several occassions has woken up on mornings after a night of zopiclone abuse too find he's taking whole boxes of Zimovanes (Zopiclone) without any memory at all of taking them or what he did the previous night. Very luckily for swim he didnt experience any serious health issues because of it. But he did make a total jackass out of himself a few times, very embarrassing the next day when that happens.

Swim himself was warned about the dangers of Z drugs several times before he took them & wasnt really discouraged by the warnings. Swim guesses this would be the same for most people. So if you do take them try to do it as safe as possible & start off with the smallest amount possible & then if needed work your way up until you get the desired effect. It's also a good idea to have someone without while on them too make sure you dont cause yourself or others harm.
Old 10-01-2012, 14:24
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
sh0rno is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I wouldn't recommend taking a lot of these, especially not with alcohol. My halibut once had an experience of taking too many (~6x7.5mg Zimovanes) together with a few cans of cider, and basically lost most of his memory and woke up with a broken rib (after play fighting with his friend the haddock who happens to be a fishy jiu-jitsu enthusiast). This led to the pills being nicknamed "Zimmerframes" lol. He believes that the Zimmerframes had an anaesthetizing effect, which attributed to his injury.

He has also seen another of his fishy friends take even more, and try to mix on decks in a fishy after party while his trousers fell down, then he fell through a huge glass picture frame and smashed it. Could have been very dangerous had no one else been present. Absolutely no memory of this instance was retained, and the subject reported sleeping for nearly 24 hours after he was driven home. He took roughly 10x7.5mg pills after drinking a lot of alcohol.

The halibut can report no hallucinations, mainly just extreme sleepyness and confusion. There are other substances out there with far more positive effects, unless you are using Zopiclone for its intended purpose (getting to sleep), for which it does work well.

On a side note, the halibut has experienced CEVs on other benzodiazepines such as Temazepam and Diazepam (grids of Rizla logos and strange heiroglyphs moving horizontally across his vision), but would still not recommend taking a lot of these due to the resulting confusion and sleepyness. If you do, please make sure there are sober people present, I can't stress this enough.

good advice on not combining alcohol with zopiclone
Old 10-01-2012, 14:41
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
worldclassswimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Jesus! SWIM has taken almost anything he has managed to get his hands on over the years, but the ONE time SWIM took zopiclone (15mg) prescribed for insomnia, SWIM pissed in his wardrobe whilst sleepwalking and finally woke up in the morning leant over the gas stove trying to cook Bacon without lighting the stove. SWIMs flat was full of gas... had SWIM managed to hit the igniter button SWIM and his girlfriend would not be here today.
SWIM has done almost every compound known to man (and a few unheard of's) but Zopiclone scares SWIM silly.
Be careful please people...

sound advice

Last edited by worldclassswimmer; 10-01-2012 at 14:42. Reason: Spelling... :(
Old 30-03-2012, 20:28
Banned

Male from Estonia
shauni needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

AFOAF told me that he is taking 4-5 *7.5mg´s to feel nice ( i don t know is it high or not, but it s like nice). At first he took like 3-4 and had same feeling. It had been combined with alcohol but only in smaller amount of Imovane or small amounts of alcohol- e.g instead of 5 imo´s he took 2 when he was drunk and effects were like same or rougher. The thing is AFOAF has been on different types of that kind of a shit- xanax, alprazolam, diazepam, imovane, somnols etc etc. And it is possible that his organism has developed a tolerance state in all kind of different shit.

One thing to be told- thing about losing memory and that it grabs your memory- correct. It can really literally make you forget what have u done 5 minutes ago. And it can yes.... And when you take them for a longer period (i dont mean like every day, but in a long term in like sometimes), it damages your memory. You tend to forget more often and forget what you did want to do etc.

About hallucinations- Actually at first there was none of those but after some time they began- like when AFOAF went to sleep (he only took 1!) he watched to the sealing and literally saw elves, flying around and shit. But he did know they must be hallucinations, but still incredible when you see them first time in your life. Now the second time the same thing happened, but then he didn´t put any attention to those things and just closed eyes and sleeped: ) . It doesn´t happen every time but it can happen and only with taking only 1.

Those things can make you feel really good, fortunately it is not like heaven because if it would, it would be like heroine... But it can reallye make your speech slurred and eyes weird and it is not advised to go driving under them- AFOAF did those things and the next day friend of him who was passenger told him that he had driven on the middle of the road so the cars had to pull over almost to get pass. But AFOAF did not realize that when he was driving, he thought everything is 100% as it supposed to be...

NB! One thing more to tell- those things can be addictive. AFOAF is preventing getting addictive by following certain rules. Like after taking some time he says- now i don´t take them for a 1 week, no matter what happens. Doesn´t take 1 month, no matter what. ETC. And controlles sometimes taking.

Good luck!

salutory lesson on and memory loss dangers associated with excessive use, intersting experience reported
Old 07-05-2012, 17:11
Silver Member

Female from Earth
diamonda is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauni View Post
One thing to be told- thing about losing memory and that it grabs your memory- correct. It can really literally make you forget what have u done 5 minutes ago. And it can yes.... And when you take them for a longer period (i dont mean like every day, but in a long term in like sometimes), it damages your memory. You tend to forget more often and forget what you did want to do etc.
Hi all, new to the forums, thought this thread as good as any to start with! as SWIM has had experience with zopiclone (prescribed for insomnia) and thinks the wording of the above is so well-written swim wanted to comment. So, so hard to explain to people that unlike other drugs that cause amnesia, this one does indeed literally "grab" a slice of your memory/brain- excellently put. Being generally tired or forgetful after other things is totally different to what SWIM experienced with zopiclone. A very 'on the ball' person- in fact, too on the ball (hence sleep problems), always cracking jokes, mind never stops, great memory, never forgets things (to the extent that people have even commented on many occasions to SWIM the likes of "how did you remember THAT?", plus too many other examples to mention) SWIM bascially has a far better memory in every way (short term, long term, birthdays, dates, etc, etc) than anyone swim knows.

Last time swim took zopiclone doseage 2 x 7.5mg (swim is prescribed 1 x 7.5mg but has ridiculous insomnia problems so has to double dose) she had to get up five hours later (a shame, as her body was fiiiiinally in a proper sleep after many days without even so much as one second of sleep), so basically when her alarm went off it brought her out from probably the deepest point of sleep after not sleeping for days on end. Swim would get up from one room and go to the kitchen just next door- literally ten seconds walk, not even through other rooms/up or down stairs etc- and forget why she went there. This would repeat all day. She would think of three things she had to do, write the first, the second (just a few words- like "do laundry") and would have forgotten and therefore be unable to list the third, just those few words later.

Regarding the 'grabbing memory'- funny, this is exactly what swim was trying to describe to a friend. Things happen, and it's not that people forget them, it's like they never even happened: like a claw has literally 'grabbed' a slice of memory/brain. See above for swim's excellent memory. This same day post-zopiclone swim was in a huge store, put her bag down on the floor for one second, and totally forgot about it. Not 'momentarily forgot' in a "oh sh*t i left my bag over there' way- swim actually forgot 100% about the existence of the bag. She would have literally walked out of the shop and gone home without it. To be clear: swim never remembered about her bag. But after 15 minutes, swim wanted to check her phone and realised phone = in bag = "oh my god where is bag?!!!". i.e. she never remembered about the bag, putting it down momentarily etc- it was the need to use something in the bag that saved swim from having her bag stolen with all personal belongings phone/keys/money inside, despite the bag lying there unattended in a huge, busy store for at least 15-20mins. If swim had had all this stuff phone/keys/etc in her pockets, she would literally have left that morning with her bag, and returned home that afternoon without it, none the wiser, not realising anything at all had happened, and expects that days later she would have been racking her brains and going through her cupboards trying to find a bag that had been left in then stolen from a store weeks before.

One week later, swim receives a text message checking that the start time for a work appt later that day is still suitable. She thinks "what appointment?", as swim is booked for these type of work appts on a very regular basis, and in the course of over an entire decade she has never forgotten one, single, appointment, with all their hugely varying start times, locations, and extra info specific to each appt. Swim is therefore totally flummoxed by this, thinking "they must have meant someone else?", "when on earth was that booked?" as it's not even out-of-character for swim to forget this as ten years proves, it would literally be another person who would forget that, not swim. she racks her brains tirelessly trying to piece together when this appointment that she is due at later that day had been previously organised, and after hours and hours and hours she realises she should look to that day of the bag in store incident. Swim has a flash of visual memory- not remebering what happened- a visual flash (like seeing yourself from the point of view of the bus passenger oppopsite you) of sitting on the bus text messaging someone. due to the 'grabbing a slice of brain', swim has- and never will- remember that the text was from this person or what it said, but swim knows that she was texting on the bus home + the appointment had been booked that day for exactly one week later = that text on the bus must have been swim confirming the appt was fine. like the bag in store incident, none of this was ever actually remembered. zopiclone had 'grabbed' memory permanently from swim yet again, because swim never remembered the text, she simply had to piece 2 and 2 together to get 4. swim thinks that this happens the worst when one has been forced to go against the drug whilst it's actions are working, as remember she was at her deepest sleep point after days without sleep when her alarm went off, and thinks zopiclone doesn't like it when people tell it what to do and try to go against it, punishing them by grabbing parts of their brain/memory that they will never even realise existed/happened in the first place.

detailed contribution based on personal experience covering zopliclone memory loss
Old 07-05-2012, 21:54
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
I say this because being a paramedic working in the suburbs i see alot of overdoses with people misusing this medication for recreational purposes and have seen many deaths due to people using to high of a dose of zopiclone. No less than 2 weeks ago there was a call where 3 14 year old overdosed on this med and 2 of them died due to cardiac complications.

I agree you wouldnt be making the post if your werent careful, but its easy for someone to say "yes it is" and maybe you might try it without taking the proper advice. Be safe.
What state was this in? Surely you can find somthing about that on the internet if you provide a state. Zopiclone does not kill that many people. Not that its safe to take a shit load.
Old 21-10-2012, 10:17

Female from Canada
Nicky604 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

zopiclone "grabbing a piece of your memory" sounds similar to when people get super drunk and have "blackouts", either not remembering part of the night or the whole night. Say you texted somebody on zopiclone but have no recollection at all of doing it. You haven't "forgotten" doing it, you WEREN'T CONSCIOUS when you did it. You did it in a hypnotic state, like a zombie or sleep walker so your conscious brain has no memory of the event.
Old 21-12-2012, 03:38

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jamieless is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

swo, thimks hieghtened my tollerence to high swim just swallowed 12 zopi and nothin no hallucinations when i was getting them before ant suggestions and herbal remedies or antrhinf i can ear or drink that will bring back them hallucinations

P.S if u havent tried zopiclone with MDMA its a whole other would literally swim his my maye done wlll swim done a quearter gram of mandi and 5 zopis swim cannot remember this but apparenly i was not on earth swim was on a flaminf planet o nexr time im gnna go for half g of mandi and 2 n a half zopis
any help would be appreciated ty so much guys ANYTHING ON HOW TO MAKE HALLUCINATIONS STRONGERpr happen again all i see is wires moving and the iccasional spider

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306

Share this on:

Tags
grapefruit, sleepwalking