Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 27-12-2011, 22:25

Male from United States
Tamar is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Methadone dosage increase, too soon to ask?

Swim visited the methadone clinic today for the first time. They started him at a dosage of 30MG, swim will be returning tomorrow, swim noticed that even though the 30MG did help, the migraines and some discomfort, like chills were still present. The clinic swim visited seemed very open and even had a section in the back for "increases/decreases" Swim thinks he needs his dosage increased to block out wd systems. Is the second day too early to ask for an increase? Or should I be upfront with them and ask anyawy?
Old 28-12-2011, 11:11
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Methadone dosage increase, too soon to ask?

They will probably up your dose by 10mg's a day untill you are stable on the methadone. What was SWIM's habit/usage before starting the methadone?
Old 29-12-2011, 01:47

Male from United States

When swim thinks about it, after coming to terms with a few things. He really doesnt want to up his dose. He has been through withdrawels before and they were not that bad. Swim thinks he should stay on a low dose of methadone, or quit it all together because swim hears the wds from methadone are intense, or for that matter, at least more intense than what swim is used to. Before Mdones swims experience with opiates was with hydrocodone, approx 5-10 10mg pills a day, roxicodone 30mg tablets, when I could get them I would do approx 30-45mg a day. And opana 40mgs, Which when I could score them I would do approx 5-10mgs a day. So all together swim thinks that the benefits of methadone outweighs the cons. He does not want to get started on something that will hook him and make WDS more painful and also block other opiates x.X.. At least this is the direction swim is leaning on. Today was his second day at the clinic, they asked him if he wanted to increase but he decided to remain at 30mgs, which doesnt really produce any euphoria for swim.
Old 30-12-2011, 03:15
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,198, Level: 14 Points: 9,198, Level: 14 Points: 9,198, Level: 14
Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2%

HI Tamar,

Shows that you are a bold character to decide to not increase your dose.

BUT:
In your last sentence you mention the reason for my post: the lacking euphoria. This could be the main reason to relapse on other opioids.
As a long time MethadoneMaintenance patient I dare advise you to up your dose until you feel (a bit) of euphoria, then stay stable on that dose for a couple of weeks or until you feel bored out by the euphoric feeling and then begin to decrease your dose.
I've seen many patients who went too low with their doses relapse on really mad doses of opiates which they needed to get over the threshold built from methadone tolerance.
And one thing at last: methadone withdrawal is far from being more intense than other opiates, with its properties as a long-acting opiate it's only the time of w/ds that is stretched out, actually I felt the w/d symptoms as much less intense as the ones from heroin I had before.

Either way I wish you the best, please keep us updated with your forthcoming,

TBBW

Post Quality Evaluations:
very good advice
Old 02-01-2012, 20:07

Male from United States

Swim has remained at 35MG so far. swim is thinking about increasing to 40MG on the next visit. Things seem to be going good. swim is contemplating on when to start decreasing his dosage. After swim has kicked the done, are the cravings for opiates still present, or present to a lesser extent? What should swim expect
Old 03-01-2012, 18:59
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
vic-king is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim would advise you to increase your dose to the point where you no longer feel w/ds. As the wolf posted above the w/ds from meth are not horribly intense, they are just longer then most other opiate/opiods. Swim is currently at 90 mgs and has found this dose to be the best so far for stopping w/ds and halting cravings. Swim would usually wait about 3 days between each increase because it takes the meth so long to build up and take effect.

I hope you find a dose that is proper for you and that all is well.

Vic-king
Old 04-01-2012, 02:48
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,198, Level: 14 Points: 9,198, Level: 14 Points: 9,198, Level: 14
Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2%

Tamar,

Will the cravings still be there?

Good question, that to answer in one way only is near impossible.

Simple answer: yes or no.

It simply depends on what tools you use to fill the void in your soul, that the original substance addiction came from, that at fits you filled with drugs.
Very important is to build up a certain kind of control instance in your mind, I dare call it meta-I, that keeps track of what is going on in my mind, on my soul and with my actions.

And then at first being aware that this meta. level exists, from outside.

It's abit tricky to word it right, if there are questions to this please anybody PM me.

Let me show you what that meta-level I talk about is:
In this moment you are reading. You are aware that you are reading and thinking about that you are aware of reading. that level.

You use.
You are aware of using.
You are aware of the awareness about your use.

Now let this level guard you, let it be your watching instance over your habit, over your well-being, and whether the void in the soul is there or not.

The other main thing is input from outside, resp. getting feedback and sharing whether from other recovering users, from family or friends, from internet fora users, doesn't really matter, take the form that is going along with you and that is accessable, but get it.

Take that input and feedback to that meta-level.
Live it, whether the cravings exist or not. Even in relapse be watchful.

Always have half an open eye on your addictive self.

And keep you busy in satisfying actions. - bluntly said.

Find them out, it's an adventure. Thats is what the methadone time is for. To work on the tools your mind can build up to help with coping with the addictive/ addicted part of your personality.

Read this again. Thank you for readins it twice.

TBBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 04-01-2012 at 02:59. Reason: addition

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, drug addiction, methadone, methadone dose, opiate addiction, opiates, recovery