Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-12-2011, 19:54
Silver Member

Male from United States
lithilium is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Throwing up?

What's this SWIM keeps hearing about people throwing up after taking opiates? Is that really a common side effect?

SWIM wants to know, because he's eaten up to 8 vics [5/500] at once with very low tolerance [5'10", 150lbs], and never felt nausea. Is this a person to person thing? Or will SWIM one day be puking his guts out after dosing?
Old 27-12-2011, 20:30
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Throwing up?

It's unique to each person. Some people are allergic to opiates; a friend was hospitalized and nearly dead when she was finally diagnosed as having a dangerous response to opiates, but this is rare. Most common problem is, especially for females, basic intolerance of the stuff due to yucky side effects, or no effect whatsoever. It seems that the stuff is metabolized in unique ways for different people.

In the jackal's experience, hydrocodone and oxycodone were fairly safe to use without nausea, whereas the old "Tylenol 3 with codeine" that was common before the invention of hydrocodone caused miserable nausea at doses high enough to be high enough.

I have a question about nausea: How can it be treated? There's a prescription drug given for it but I can't find anything to help my dog's leprechaun with nausea except for travel-sickness meds and ginger. Those don't seem to work when nausea is caused by unknown leprechaun food contaminants.
Old 27-12-2011, 20:45
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,803, Level: 12 Points: 7,803, Level: 12 Points: 7,803, Level: 12
Activity: 36.8% Activity: 36.8% Activity: 36.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithilium View Post
What's this SWIM keeps hearing about people throwing up after taking opiates? Is that really a common side effect?

SWIM wants to know, because he's eaten up to 8 vics [5/500] at once with very low tolerance [5'10", 150lbs], and never felt nausea. Is this a person to person thing? Or will SWIM one day be puking his guts out after dosing?
Is your friend saying that they are presently feeling nauseous, or just a general enquiry?

More importantly he says that he's taken "up to 8 vics" which would contain 4g of acetaminophen. It's true that opiates can cause nausea, but what is more worrying is the amount of acetominophen that may have been ingested.

Please read this thread regarding it's toxicity http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...=acetominophen . I truly don't mean to scare your friend, but watch out for listed symptoms if the above dosage has been taken, and take (medical) steps to protect him. If the person is opiate naive then he may need to be doubly protected from the effects of hydrocodone.

Last edited by Smeg; 27-12-2011 at 20:55. Reason: Additional
Old 27-12-2011, 21:03
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.

i took one oxy cottin and threw up the entire day!my body just can't handle em' i suppose

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please offer helpful advice as well as this.
Old 27-12-2011, 21:11
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
I have a question about nausea: How can it be treated? There's a prescription drug given for it but I can't find anything to help my dog's leprechaun with nausea except for travel-sickness meds and ginger. Those don't seem to work when nausea is caused by unknown leprechaun food contaminants.
The best prescription medication for nausea is promethazine or Phenergan (brand name).

It also increases the narcotics effectiveness.

I threw up the first time I did china white. After that, I never threw up, except once or twice after 30 years. Some people I know get nausea from oxycodone, but are fine when taking Norco (hydrocodone 10mg, acetaminophen 325mg).

However, if one takes hydrocodone there is a new drug on the horizon which is pure hydrocodone called Zohydro. They come in 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50mg time release formulations. Since it is pure hydrocodone, the Schedule perhaps will go up to a Schedule II. It will be on the market shortly, if the hype behind it goes away.

Soon, I'm sure many other opiates will be approved for time release status, i.e., codeine, dihydrocodeine, hydromorphone. These are the three drugs not time released yet, as far as I know. Hydrocodone (pure) is on the horizon, oxycodone, fentanyl, and oxymorphone all have ER formulations and are pure.

I feel some people just have an adverse reaction to opiates, and get nausea with them at first. Usually, once one has developed a tolerance, the nausea disappears. If it doesn't Phenergan or promethazine is probably your best bet to eliminate your nausea from opiates. Benadryl is used when one is allergic to opiates and breaks out in hives and itches constantly. Usually codeine and morphine cause this. Other opiates do not cause these side effects. One just needs to see which one will suffice.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 28-12-2011 at 00:35.
Old 27-12-2011, 22:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
lithilium is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
Is your friend saying that they are presently feeling nauseous, or just a general enquiry?

More importantly he says that he's taken "up to 8 vics" which would contain 4g of acetaminophen. It's true that opiates can cause nausea, but what is more worrying is the amount of acetominophen that may have been ingested.

Please read this thread regarding it's toxicity http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...=acetominophen . I truly don't mean to scare your friend, but watch out for listed symptoms if the above dosage has been taken, and take (medical) steps to protect him. If the person is opiate naive then he may need to be doubly protected from the effects of hydrocodone.
Thank you for the concern, but SWIM almost always performs a CWE with his pills
Old 27-12-2011, 22:44
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

I am opiate-intolerant which I learned after taking a 30mg morphine and slipping in and out of consciousness for three days. Same deal with codeine. I went to the doctor and found out that the two 'base' opiates, codeine and morphine, cause a bad effect in me due to rapid histamine release. Now I must take DPH with any opiate I take.
Old 28-12-2011, 00:19
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithilium View Post
Thank you for the concern, but SWIM almost always performs a CWE with his pills
You may no longer have to perform a CWE on your hydrocodone pills. Zohydro is a new medication that will be a pure hydrocodone product without the acetaminophen.

They will be making 10, 20, 20, 40 and 50 mg pills to be taken every 12 hours, somewhat like OxyContin.

I started a thread today at http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=174170

It will explain the drug and the hype involved in final approval of this drug that should have been on the market 10 years ago. What they will Schedule the drug will be very important, either in pure form, a Schedule II or in mixed form, a Schedule III. Knoll in the past made a 5mg form of hydrocodone called Dicodid. It was a Schedule II narcotic. However, the FDA may just make it a Schedule III, due to the time released delivery system.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 28-12-2011 at 00:31.
Old 28-12-2011, 01:43
Silver Member

Male from Canada
spectrum1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
Soon, I'm sure many other opiates will be approved for time release status, i.e., codeine, dihydrocodeine, hydromorphone. These are the three drugs not time released yet, as far as I know. Hydrocodone (pure) is on the horizon, oxycodone, fentanyl, and oxymorphone all have ER formulations and are pure.

My drug of choice is Hydromorph-Contin, they come in 3, 6, 12, and 16mg capsules with time-release beads inside, exactly like Kadian morphine but with hydromorphone instead. So yes, hydromorphone has been formulated this way for quite a while now :P
Old 28-12-2011, 14:19
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

It seems like we had an extended release hydromorphone med called Palladone for awhile in 2005, before it was yanked off the market because of many people dying of hydromorphone and alcohol. They have been working on the delivery system and appears one will be on the market soon. I see Canada even has Codeine-Contin. It's good they only allow one to take a max of 16mg/day at about a 35% oral biovailability a day. Here I believe they allowed up to 54mg ER tabs. Not sure, and getting off topic.

For people that get nausea from the acetaminophen in hydrocodone and perform a CWE on hydrocodone/acetaminophen products, Zohyro should be available in the beginning of 2012 according to news reports.

salgoud
Old 29-12-2011, 19:54

25 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

Try eating a nice big healthy meal before doing any opiate. Whenever swim takes opiates without eating he ALWAYS throws up after and doesn't get a nice high. But when swim eats good before taking opiates he always seems to enjoy his time on them.

Share this on:

Tags
acetaminophen, analgesic, codeine, dihydrocodeinone, drug, drug forums, drugs, drugs-forum, ecstasy, hangover, hydrocodone, hydromorph contin, hydromorphone, mdma, narcotic, norco, opiate, opiates, opioid, throwing up on ecstasy, vicodin, vicodin es