Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cannabis addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis addiction Support for coping with Cannabinoid & Cannabis dependence.

Old 26-12-2011, 14:40
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
jgraston is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I am Addicted to Herbal Incense Blends - Help

It all started innocently enough for Fed-Ex-Guy, as I think it does for a lot of people.

Before September of last year our Fed-Ex-Guy was a shining example of a square. He was a non-smoker, non-drinker and avidly against any illegal substances.

However, in September Fed-Ex-Guy began smoking weed. He loved it, and it was good. This continued on until March. Once during this timeframe he did try an Ed Hardy Branded "Incense" product, which had little to no effect from its small 2g serving bag. With the experiment of trying it under his belt, Fed-Ex-Guy went back to weed.

However, the local market being what it was (and remember our Fed-Ex-Guy was kind of a square) and lack of connections, the only stuff available was quite expensive.

As an alternative one day Fed-Ex-Guy's Coworker said he had heard of some really good stuff, used to be a #1 seller on on auction site even. And that it was REALLY good. The Coworkers loaded up into their truck and went and found a local gas station (because really, indian owned gas stations are kind of the new unofficial head shops) and purchased 10g of Killa Skunk Extreme for $30, this was the beginning of June.

After getting tired of paying retail price for the product, Fed-Ex-Guy employed his google skills to find who made the product and started ordering it in 2 ounce quantities at a time.

In the beginning 2 hits could blow your world, 3 could lead to a BAD trip. However, after a one or two 2-ounce-bags (I estimate Fed-Ex Guy and Coworker smoked between 12-14 ounces in the months of June/July/August) both started to have negative side effects. It began with not sleeping through the night, they'd both wake up and have to smoke a bowl to go back to sleep. Then, in the mornings Fed-Ex-Guy and Co-Worker would have so much, just crap, in their lungs that they'd cough and cough and eventually end up puking from just SO much drainage. At the same time they started to notice a lot of muscle soreness and fatigue as well.

To recap (for those who don't like long posts)
- Problems regulating temperature
- Coughing with Extreme Drainage
- Coughing Induced Vomiting
- Fever/Chills
- Dizziness/Shakes
- Light Headedness
- Depression

After Fed-Ex-Guy saw his Co-Worker puking acid for nearly an hour, they decided it was time to call it quits. Fed-Ex-Guy guy attempted to find out which compounds were in the product to attempt to still be able to enjoy Cannaboids. However, all he could find out was what was NOT in the product. They both decided NO MORE SKUNK.

October came, and it was the best month of both of their years. However, an impending ban on the products in Fed-Ex-Guy's state, so they partied out one more weekend. Stopping again after that weekend was hard, according to Fed-Ex-Guy, but nothing like the first time.

Once the ban went into effect, the temptation was gone. Some of the local head shops had put out "legal alternatives", but nothing like what had come before.

However, the day before Thanksgiving Fed-Ex Guy stopped into his favorite Indian Gas Station and bought a pop. The guy at the counter intimated that he still had stock if Fed-Ex-Guy was interested. Needless to say it was almost as if no time had passed.

However, the legality issue being what it was, Fed-Ex Guy ended up seeking out an alternative. He ended up finding a local shop that had a fully-legal-in-50-states incense that promised to live up to its predecessors.

However, again, punching in the brand name brings up NOTHING about its contents. But with the way the cops had already started busting down, the Fed-Ex-Guy assumed that he would be "ok" going with this brand. That was the first time he tried Dark Temptations.

Somehow, this product proved to be more effective and more addictive than the others Fed-Ex-Guy had tried before. In the end, one OUNCE in 24 hours and never once reached "high enough".

So yesterday, they quit.

Fed-Ex Guy has been awake over 24 hours and cannot eat, he forced down some crackers in the middle of the night. His pee has probably the worst odor he can remember and yet he still wants more.

Co-Worker had the worse night last night. Co-Worker was puking, shaking, shivering, weak and could barely hold down any liquid/solids. Had to slowly evolve towards sleeping to get lungs settled enough to stop coughing.

Fed-Ex Guy is VERY thankful, after reading more about the substances, that he did not just buy the pure chemicals, as it would have probably lead to a worsening problem.

Fed-Ex Guy and Co-Worker have to stop now, it has begun to affect finances, relationships, work and school.

This is where I'm turning to the forum for guidance (on his behalf of course, and even then only metaphorically):

1 - How is a consumer to know which compounds ARE in their product? From what I had been told both Killa Skunk and Dark Temptations were mainstream products, but information on either is virtually non-existant. Could it be that in addition to the chemicals sprayed that also the material smoked could have caused some damage?

2 - Do they need to keep on the cold turkey and just grin and bear it? Do they taper down (this seems highly dangerous)?

3 - Lastly, not that he plans to since it is not legal, but what type of timeframe would it take for Fed-Ex Guy's receptors to be clean to where the good old fashioned stuff takes care of the job.

Thanks, from the Fed-Ex-Guy's Neighbor's Cousin.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent report into cannabinoid addiction
Loved it....answered alot of my questions!
Old 26-12-2011, 15:09
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Re: SWIM Addicted to Herbal Incense Blends - Help

I really wish in every State, Medical Marijuana was available. Then these dangerous cannabinoids, which haven't been tested would disappear. The only problem I've had coming off Hash or Marijuana is it affected my sleep. And back in the day, we smoked a lot.

In Colorado, even if one doesn't have his/her Medical Marijuana certification, possession of less than 2 ounces is a Petty Offense, punishable by a fine. It's too bad people have to substitute the real thing, for an unknown compound that can actually cause a moderate to severe form of addiction. This is why Marijuana needs to be legalized. The replacements for Marijuana are just too unknown in their effects and they do not have to state what they are spraying on the herbs. This is a little disturbing.

salgoud
Old 26-12-2011, 15:13
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
jgraston is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
I really wish in every State, Medical Marijuana was available. Then these dangerous cannabinoids, which haven't been tested would disappear. The only problem I've had coming off Hash or Marijuana is it affected my sleep. And back in the day, we smoked a lot.

In Colorado, even if one doesn't have his/her Medical Marijuana certification, possession of less than 2 ounces is a Petty Offense, punishable by a fine. It's too bad people have to substitute the real thing, for an unknown compound that can actually cause a moderate to severe form of addiction. This is why Marijuana needs to be legalized. The replacements for Marijuana are just too unknown in their effects and they do not have to state what they are spraying on the herbs. This is a little disturbing.

salgoud
Fed-Ex-Guy actually tried a bowl Marijuana in an effort to take out some of the edge, it did nothing. But I completely agree, especially since Fed-Ex-Guy has a legitimately verifiable condition (Ulcerative Colitis).

You are completely right, Fed-Ex-Guy (who is a smart fellow normally) is now left withdrawing from something he isn't even 100% what compound it is. Or even what type of leaf/herb had been sprayed.
Old 26-12-2011, 15:49
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Hang in there. Let us know when these W/D symptoms subside. I wouldn't have any idea if you should taper or just lay it down. I think I'd lay it down, and get rid of it. You don't know what it is, it is causing W/D's, further intake of this unknown compound could be detrimental to your health.

salgoud
Old 09-01-2012, 22:31
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3

Hey bro, I don't have a ton of time right now but I wanted to say that I'm in the same boat as Fed-Ex guy right now. These incense blends have FUCKED UP my lungs and I am realizing I have to stop... and also realizing how hard that's going to be. The "real" stuff just doesn't get me high any more, and it is pure agony even trying to smoke anything but my "incense" or cigarettes (how convenient right?).

After 2 months of battling pneumonia *which I strongly suspect was brought on by my incence smoking* I've had enough. Anti-biotics aren't helping, albuterol isn't helping... it HAS to be the incense. Not looking forward to giving this stuff up, but hopefully regular herb will help with w/d's somewhat.
Old 23-08-2012, 04:37

Female from United States
loveleeliar is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Wellbeing how you were doing and if you decided to taper or CT it. Let me know please add I am in the same boat as Fed Ex guy.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:06

28 y/o Male from United States
HERBAL INCENSE FOR LIFE needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: I am Addicted to Herbal Incense Blends - Help

Hi mr fed ex guy to answer your question as i have some insight into your questions. Number one the reason they where having negative issues is because like with anything even good things if you do them too much it is not healthy.
They are burning themselves out if they smoked that many ounces of weed they would have issues also they are litterally burning out their receptors thusly it has less of a effect. Weed is half as strong maybe even weaker than herbal incense because weed only activates half the receptors and herbal incense activates them all that is why it gets you really high and also makes you meditate better because it is fully tuned in and able to be focused upon.

Weed only gets you half baked. Thusly why they got no effect from it i stoped smoking everthing for months and smoked weed and it does hardly anything after that weed is weak period. It is a medicine and made for building things not really for smoking. Also the phlim mucus they where experiencing is natural if you smoke anything that much your body will kick it up and also sometimes smoking that stuff can cause your body to clense itself most of the ingredients in these things are medicine as the ratio of herbs to chemicals is 20 to 1 it is less harsh on the lungs than weed also.
Keep in mind that thc is considered a chemical also and guess what the chemical in the herbal incense is another canabanoid. It also will assist the body with cold resistance that explains the body temperature problem which likely is due to them smoking way too much of it without breaks. The reason why they can not sleep is because their circadian rythems are out of tune due them burning out the part of the pineal gland that produces melatonin which is released from smoking it or weed.

Notice the other poster that smoked a ton of weed and had the same issue. The vomiting is a gag and panic reponse in the individual to the phlem. All of the issues you mentioned are caused by smoking in general too much. They need to take larger breaks until they recover then they can smoke if they self control if not it's like cake with a fat kid he's gonna kill himself eventually.
Also to answer your question about the ingredients they are usually damiana or potpourri or other herbs which are typically medicine. Mr nice guys world has the ingredients listed on it and some other great ones do too yes not all of them list them but some do if you buy it and look on the back typically.
Those two brands they where smoking i've never heard of them and i've tried over 30 different popular brands. The popular ones are on sites like (Source removed) go on youtube and look at reviews of stuff before experimenting with your body. A guy named jay the legal high guy does very accurate reviews i will be posting a review of all i have tried very soon i am going to try a herbal solid tommorrow for the first time which is a type of herbal incense that is like a hemp cake but it has kratom and something else mixed in and also herbal incense ingredients i have heard it is similar to herbal incense i will know tommorow.
Also they should not be afraid to quit cold turkey as i do that all the time it's the best because them it is not a option which would lead to even more smoking than they plan. And to answer your last question his receptors should recover after a year to full power but weed will almost never get him high like herbal incense because weed only does that kinda high the first few times it is smoked with fresh receptors i would keep smoking herbal incense if they wanna get high weed is a medicine and thing that can be used to produce many goods like cars paper etc.
They should learn to smoke in moderation if you drink too much it will kill you too you drink too much water you'll drown they just need some moderation. Smoking 15 ounces a month is insane if your not healthy while doing it. They need a break that is 420grams that is 420 dime bags if that where weed they would not have been able to afford that much 4200$ a month would have made them homeless this is why most weed smokers do not have the issues herbal incense smokers have.

Most of them have never smoked a lot i smoked a lot weed before so i know and i do reserch. They want to bann herbal incense because it is not under their control. Weed is they supply all that weed and they put way worse stuff in weed anyways without telling you guys. Also herbal incense gets you high weed keeps you coming back for more and more at rediculous prices it is meant to make the ghettos stay poor and desperate like crack heads weed is why to expensive for how much you have to smoke to get high.
They do it so they can control you guys. Herbal incense is soo affordable they hate it and it gets you high and peace ful and in a higher realm of thinking a meditation full brain state weed since it is only hiting half the receptor does not allow you to control the high or even understand the high. It shuts down all gamma brainwaves which are your consciousness waves tv does the same thing with the cut scenes and edits they cause a fight or flight reponse. It also shuts down the whole mind aka no activity accept in the optical lobes so you have no control of your high because it shuts down the frontal lobe which is your ability to intenting control all the rest of the mind and body. Herbal incense is perfect because if is a full activator that makes your mind become one and fully activiated by it and tuned in. And would promote your brain creating even more gamma waves and love and consciousness that is why they banned it trust me i know.

They do not want you guys seeing out of the box. They want you all on the same dull channel that has hardly any inspiration. That is why your friends could not stop smoking it even thou the effect was greatly demished and their health was degrading they need to stop over smoking and realize they need to be responsible with it. I hope my insight helped as i am a god and know what i say i the holy spirits the ben ha ehyeh asher ehyeh immanuel the adonai do bless and gift and protect you guys so be it amen ps jesus christ is close the locust are egypt obama is bringin the mark of the beast the pope resigned blah blah blah do your research almost all the signs of the book of revelation and daniel are complete come to jesus christ before it's too late

Spaces and paragraphs required.

Last edited by Smeg; 20-05-2013 at 04:16. Reason: Paragraphing, spacing and source discussion.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:42
Titanium Member & Lawyer

33 y/o Male from United States
Khariz is a decent psychonaut.Khariz is a decent psychonaut.
I am Addicted to Herbal Incense Blends - Help

Holy wall of text, batman. Please split that thing up. Even though I'm an attorney and read all day long, I can't bring myself to read a wall if text.

Slightly brash, but necessary.
Old 20-03-2013, 13:24

Male from United States
digitaldreamz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Hey there I to am trying to kick the spice habit, day 2 here and rough, cannabis is much easier. Taking 5 htp and have noticed nothing yet, just laying in bed myself watching movies
Old 20-05-2013, 03:40
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
kevin1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

You can beat this. Someone I may or may not know had the same addiction, to incredibly powerful herbal smoking blends. And was able to shake the addiction. He described the same things as you, waking during the night for hits. Also he experienced complete loss of appetite and sex drive. The first time he was able to stop was during a business trip in which blends would not be available and he would not be in a situation suitable for getting high. The first couple of days are straight hell. All you will think about is smoking. During this time he was able to use small amounts of DXM <150mg to combat the depressive state not smoking leads to. (He had conducted prior experiments treating his depression with dxm with outstanding results(at low doses, for short periods of time) ). During this time it's important to start giving your body back all the nutrients you've been denying it. You've gotta force food down. Anyway this horrible time lasts about 4 days. That seems to be about the length of the physical addiction. During this time the dude said he would wake up having cold sweats throughout the night. Here's the good news. After about the 4th day it's like a switch goes off and you'll be left feeling quite silly about the whole thing. After about the 4th day the addiction loses all of it's power. And you'll see things very clearly . At this point you can make a decision weather or not you want to stop or not. And it will be so much easier than you ever imagined. If you would like further information on my friends studies with dxm pm me. I have been lurking these threads for years. Thought I would finally contribute. Best of luck quitting the blends. I'm telling you there is hope. And of you can get over the first 4 days of not smoking I am completely confident that you can beat this, if that's what you want.

Share this on:

Tags
cannabinoid addiction