Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 25-12-2011, 20:05
Unisominator Unisominator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 16-11-2011
Male from Canada
Posts: 9
Unisominator needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

My mother and father ruined Christmas last night for the third consecutive year. I came home from work on Christmas Eve to find the house trashed and my super-tense parents pissed the F off having spent the day fighting. Among the damage the house sustained, the single most destroyed item was my basement-bedroom door. My father had punched several bloody-knuckled holes through it before removing it from the frame "to replace".

Upon discovering the damage to my door, I felt targeted. I wasn't even home that day. My mom explained he spent the afternoon scapegoating me, specifically the issues I had shared with him only 12 hours prior in regards to problems I have with dating and unresolved issuses toward women I choose as potential mates -- specifically that I'd recognized my thinking as delusional and my behaviour as borderline psychotic in dating women, and tat after xmas I would be going for a psych assessment. If you can't talk to your father about girls, who can you talk to?

The guy has a history of throwing any personal difficulties I share with him right back in my face like it's the source of all his problems.

So he spends the day fighting with mom and blaming me - not there to defend myself (his preferred attack style) for all their frustrations. Specifically my unisom use (in canada, unisom is 50mgs diphenhydramine).

Here's the real problem. I mentioned it when I first arrived on the forum - most had a herd time buying it...when SWIM takes diph, a combo of SWIM's natural pheromones/or body odor NOS mixes with the heavily saturated (and gradually applied) histamine/anti-chlonergic properties in diph and triggered by diph, to produce an extremely enticing "scent" responsible for communicating sexual dominance and luring male and female alpha,beta, and lower otherwise in to a sexually aroused trance.

My father has fallen into this trance since the first time SWIM started taking the shit. Following me around, acting completely out of character, heavily dilated pupils and rapid heart/breathing rate...asking me covert shit like "how do I get the only piece with bone in it..."

I feel this is why he wants me to stop - it's driving him mad falling into some half-dazed lust trance (from which the guys waking up at 3 in the morning and lingering outside my bedroom door)...and not being able to satisfy the desire (i have no interest in homosexual, or homo-incestual relations).

But he told me all this shit he made up about damage to my brain and liver...same shit he hears when people tell him he should quit drinking. I've done the research, before I started it and while it was interacting with my body - I can easily disprove his bs argument. Further more, it's my body, its my choice. I choose not to quit.

Any advice or opinions?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Edited to include flaming of members

Last edited by Phenoxide; 06-02-2012 at 19:26. Reason: post restored
  #2  
Old 25-12-2011, 21:10
TripStick TripStick is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 02-08-2007
Male from USA - New York
Posts: 392
TripStick probably knows what they are talking about.TripStick probably knows what they are talking about.TripStick probably knows what they are talking about.TripStick probably knows what they are talking about.TripStick probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 631, Level: 3 Points: 631, Level: 3 Points: 631, Level: 3
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

I know I mentioned it before in the other post you bring up here but I will say it one more time. If your father wants to have sex with you it is not because of a substance you are taking. The cause is not a reaction to the way you smell or any pheromones you are giving off. If what you are saying is true, he has problems and they do not stem from your drug use. If you choose to keep believing in this, then I am sorry to say you are delusional and you may indeed need that psychiatric evaluation.

There is no solving a problem until you understand what is actually causing it.

Last edited by TripStick; 26-12-2011 at 00:18.
  #3  
Old 25-12-2011, 21:18
catseye Gold member catseye is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 21-10-2009
Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 1,222
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post
Any advice or opinions?
...so is moving out not an option?
  #4  
Old 25-12-2011, 21:55
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 01-04-2005
34 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 8,092
Blog Entries: 28
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

You DO need to stop taking these this drug, that is for sure.

Well, you are 26 years old, living at home, and abusing OTC drugs on a daily basis. If you were my kid I'd have kicked you out ages ago.

Further, you've convinced yourself that taking this drug puts you in uncomfortable sexual situations with strangers/family members. I've heard some crazy shit before, but "I refuse to stop taking a drug even though I think it is causing my father to have uncontrollable lust towards me and I think he may rape me." has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard anyone say here.

Never mind that DPH is NOT making you sweat out uncontrollable sex pheromones inciting a lust for incest in your family, that's not true, that doesn't happen. I can promise you, that if it did, we'd know about it. Millions of people have used DPH with out getting raped by their families. If this had any chance in hell of being true, some lawyer would have used it in a rape trial.

You are living with people who get into fights so bad, that someone puts their fist through a door. That's not healthy, no one should be living like that. It sounds like your family has serious issues all around, and living there can't be helpful to anyone.

And your 26 and abusing DPH? Come on, there are MUCH better drugs out there, pot, alcohol, tobacco, LSD, mushrooms, coke... pretty much anything.

DPH is going to make a mess of you. We have had people who abuse stuff like this come through here and they rarely if ever make much sense long. Not that anything you've said so far has been particularly sane, but things are more likely then not, going to get worse. Just wait till you start emitting Spider Alien Sex Pheromones, those fuckers don't take 'no' for an answer.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Fantastically insightful post as usual ;) Thanks
Classic epitome Potterism
  #5  
Old 26-12-2011, 05:00
Unisominator Unisominator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 16-11-2011
Male from Canada
Posts: 9
Unisominator needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

I don't know why I botered posting this afternoon. I don't know why I'm posting this now. I tried posting on yahoo answers but when my questions aren't getting fucking deleted, no one there knows the first thing about DPH.

You assholes have marginalized me because my experiences aren't what you're fucking accustomed to hearing. DO ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW NATURAL SELECTION WORKS????!!!!!! Every single one of us is different from the other. The fact we cluster things together doesn't mean everything has always been the same and will always continue to be.

I am 26 and living at home, yes. My parents made an arrangement with me a few years ago that because I'm not a middle class asshole who's parents pay for everything - they couldn't afford to put me through post secondary and offered me a place to live free of charge, as long as I worked and put myself through fucking school. Fuck you if you can't understand or relate to that. Does that make me delusional or completely out to lunch because you never met in your life or heard some one on this forum lives like that??!!

Why would I lie? I am studying to be a clinical psychotherapist. I am particularly interested in dissociation - derealization and depersonalization and I a considering specializing in Dementia. Because you might think pot, alcohol and whatever else you suggested are "bettter" than DPH does not mean they are to me. I'm on anti-depressants and if I drink, I die. I hate pot because it is boring and all my pot head friends are fucking high school flunkies and generally brain dead idiots. DOES THAT MAKE ME DELUSIONAL and SO FAR OUT TO FUCKING LUNCH!

You people are the most closed minded of all close minded people the internet has to offer. You may fool yourselves into thinking you have some exclusive community where only drug users know what drug users go though - a safe haven even - but you are just another culture that's clustered itself together believing each member to be more the same than different and you are all disillusioned. The world that exists beyond this world, also read|: the universe, DOES NOT FUCKING WORK LIKE THAT.

THANKS FOR NOTHING. YOU'VE ALL CHOOSEN TO PAINT ME CRAZY AND EXCLUDE ME LIKE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DWITH MY FUCKING LIFE THAT MAKE UP BIZZARE SHIT AND COME HERE LOOKING FOR HELP DEALING WITH IT. FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND. ENJOY THE FLOW OF THE UNIVERSE BECAUSE YOU ASSHOLES ARE IN FOR A BIG FUCKING SURPRISE.

FUCK YOU I HOPE YUOUR CHRISTMASSES SUCKED AS MUCH AS MINE DID AND WHEN YOU GO TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT THEY EXCLUDE YOU AND CALL YOU DELUSIONAL.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Clinical psychotherapists will be exposed to much more hostility than anything said here, and you'll need to respond like an adult.
no need for the screaming & flaming, nor for your overall aggressive posting style. You ask for advice & suggestions, then tell us we're close-minded assholes when you don't get answers you want. Grow up.
Forget what you want to study, you are going to find life itself a struggle if you do not stop using these drugs and go to a Doctor for help.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 06-02-2012 at 19:27. Reason: post restored
  #6  
Old 26-12-2011, 05:23
coolhandluke coolhandluke is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 18-12-2009
Male from United States
Posts: 1,530
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

wow, you are insane dude. you stated your issue, and people gave it their perspective. no one made any personal insults. no one said you were crazy, but for christ sake, dhp enriched sex pheromones driving your father mad with lust? are you joking? then when everyone doesn't tell you that your totally right you freak out, make threats of suicide, and call use close minded idiots.

i think its safe to say if you dont come back to this forum, any future contributions you could have made will not be missed.

i dont understand where you think people were insulting you. you post was a little more than out there and considering some of the shit you think about your dad i would dare to say that the people who replied were more open minded and polite that any other place online.

coolhandluke added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post
ENJOY THE FLOW OF THE UNIVERSE BECAUSE YOU ASSHOLES ARE IN FOR A BIG FUCKING SURPRISE.

.
do let us know? have you been chosen by some entity and it revealed what is going to happen to us? now that you have been angered by us are you going to make it so any drugs forum member is not going to join the aliens before the sun explodes?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Insults, Needlessly confrontational and mocking
a fair response considering the OPs volitile outburst. well said
flaming. do not feed the trolls. this post only lowers the quality of this thread further

Last edited by coolhandluke; 26-12-2011 at 05:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #7  
Old 26-12-2011, 05:25
sassyspy sassyspy is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 24-03-2011
Female from USA - Washington
Posts: 576
Blog Entries: 18
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Whatever the reason for behaviour, you said something that made me wonder.....
If your dad has a history of throwing things back in your face, why did you once again share information with him he could use as ammunition?

As for your phermones, why not be tested? I am sure there is a research lab that would love to test you.

I don't think coming back here and acting like a child when people disagree with you gets you anywhere.

Good luck
  #8  
Old 26-12-2011, 06:17
can-I-bust can-I-bust is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 22-09-2011
20 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 61
can-I-bust is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Yo OP your going to look back on this and think what was i thinking. It's ok man, you should probably chill on the dph for a bit though, next time you hit up a pharmacy get the herbal sleeping pills (the shoppers one's are good!)instead, don't combine these with dph! they should chill you out and hopefully you'll realize that it might be a good idea to chill on the recreational drug use for a bit, maybe talk to a counselor or anyone who will listen and not judge you, my personal choice is my cat aha. But i think the herbal sleeping stuff should help ease that tension man, don't even need to abuse them man there powerful! hope this helps, maybe hit up one of those high school burnouts for a toke of some ganj man! i wouldn't want to be around your family after blazing though!

Post Quality Evaluations:
supportive advice, understanding. hope the op will listen
Considering the behavior of the OP up to this point, this post is incredibly compassionate and helpful. I am very impressed that you treated him like he wasn't a loon insulting EVERYONE.Shame he was probably too far gone to get anything from it.
  #9  
Old 26-12-2011, 06:39
SolEvil SolEvil is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 14-02-2011
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 13
SolEvil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

If you use DPH a lot you will probably become delusional, I know I have. I'm not going to say you are though. I've tripped on DPH a lot, and I see steam rise from white objects if I stare at them and I hear voices sometimes. I have heard voices long before my drug use but DPH has made it harder to ignore them.

Suicide is a long term solution to a temporary problem. I've contemplated suicide since I was 14, and have attempted twice. I've fucked my body up with those attempts, so think about that before you try to go through with it. I've almost tried a few more times but when your about to actually kill yourself it is a LOT harder to go through with than you think it is.

I think you need to take a bar and just chill. Think about what your saying. Taking a drug is not going to make your father want to have sex with you, it's just not going to happen. Are you sure your not hallucinating some of this? I have reoccurring hallucinations and thoughts when I trip on DPH. Maybe your taking too much too often and it's starting to really affect you mentally. Your also taking anti-depressants and if I remember right, but don't quote me on this, SSRI's interact with anti-histamines and can be potentially fatal. Your messing with your brain chemistry abusing DPH and taking SSRI's.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Open and honest attempt to reach someone. This is HR, no, this is humanity at it's best.
The voice of experience and reason may speak volumes to the OP. Thankyou.
Unlikely to be fatal but yes, they do interact and OP should be incredibly cautious of that.
I understand the point you were making by mentioning it, but please no discussion of suicide on DF. It can be triggering for some people, and we are not equipped to handle that here.
  #10  
Old 26-12-2011, 08:47
DiabolicScheme DiabolicScheme is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2010
Male from United States
Posts: 775
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post
FUCK YOU I HOPE YUOUR CHRISTMASSES SUCKED AS MUCH AS MINE DID AND WHEN YOU GO TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT THEY EXCLUDE YOU AND CALL YOU DELUSIONAL.
No offense bro but delusional people often can't see whats real and what is not. You may absolutely believe that DPH is causing others to have some weird sexual attraction to you but there is absolutely no scientific evidence that DPH messes with "pheromones". Being delusional (at least coming from me) is not meant as a insult it means you are sick.(akin to getting the flu, except mental and not "catchy").

Diphenhydramine has been approved on the market since 1946 and has been used by millions (probably billions at this point) and there isn't a single documented case that diphenhydramine affects pheromones. It has a well established mode of action and side effects in the human body.

I seriously suggest you stop taking DPH and any other drug that messes with mental perceptions (dissociatives, delirants, psychedelics) and see how you feel then.

Your family seems dysfunctional and I think it would be best if you tried to move out as soon as possible. Too much fighting and if you dad has some weird sexual attraction to you I would definitely be getting out of there.

Out of curiosity what doses of DPH have you been taking regularly? Do you have these same views when you are off of DPH?

Close-mindedness works both ways bro, you're being closed minded to the suggestions that have been given to you. I honestly hope you will take this in stride and not so personal I'm just trying to help you.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Sound advice and solid attempt to reach out to the OP
Very diplomatic, but what needed to be said to the OP was articulated very well.
  #11  
Old 26-12-2011, 10:12
spectrum1 spectrum1 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 22-06-2011
Male from Canada
Posts: 53
spectrum1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Please read the other thread he posted also for some reference...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho....php?p=1055852

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for the link!
  #12  
Old 26-12-2011, 10:29
(NS)-M-Lo-Reason (NS)-M-Lo-Reason is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 18-07-2011
29 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 289
Blog Entries: 3
(NS)-M-Lo-Reason really adds to the discussion.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason really adds to the discussion.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason really adds to the discussion.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason really adds to the discussion.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason really adds to the discussion.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason really adds to the discussion.
Points: 755, Level: 4 Points: 755, Level: 4 Points: 755, Level: 4
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

At the risk of sounding redundant, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE curb your using! It's one thing to believe that type of stuff while under the influence of delirients (the morning after consuming a tea made from unripe (thank you God, at 14 you saved me from almost certainly encountering... Issues...) D. inoxia seeds I had a very strange experience in the shower where I would zone out as if asleep and become self concious that I was naked in front of my shampoo bottle, as if it were a person or some sort of being I should be modest around. There was never any doubt that it was a bottle of shampoo, it was more like I just would periodically forget that inanimate objects don't care that your penis us exposed. Then I would remember, laugh for a few minutes, then wonder why I was laughing when the fucking Purell was belittling my members proportions, then laugh and so on for a lot longer than a shower should have taken.

Now unisominator, my point is that obviously my shampoo is no more than a plastic shell containing a gel composed of the silkiest essential oils and natural botanicals blah blah. I'm sure you would agree that if my belief in it's judgement of my nudity persisted beyond the 72 hours that tropane alkaloids can potentially scramble your universe (again, thank you GOD I ONLY HAD UNRIPENED SEEDS!!!) then I would have reason to be concerned.

I am no stranger to perceptual distortions both directly as a result of ingestion of REDACTED as well as the indirect consequences that result from ingesting REDACTED. However I have never reached the point where I can no longer recognize what is likely to be sleep deprivation/paranoid ideation playing games from true threats or occurances. There's a point where I always say to myself, okay, the voice coming from the kitchen sink may be an angry biker gang member from the "black mamba club" sitting in the courtyard of my complex conveniently yelling into the correct storm drain at 4:00 am in order to 1) inform me that he is involved in some strange plot to discredit me in the eyes of my girlfriend and family 2) tell me I'm the biggest piece of shit in the universe and everyone I trust is not who they say they are and secretly want me dead or incarcerated. I'd say that chances are good enough that the voice is really a brain saturated in dopamine and deprived of sleep for 96 hrs unlikely enough that I probably won't be asking my family if anyone has mailed them photos of me roaming my condo with REDACTED or audio recordings of me REDACTED to REDACTED somebody I think is my REDACTED REDACTED. If were gonna venture into these types of realms we need to realize when we can no longer see the world in at least 16 bit color if you get my drift. Otherwise it's hardly recreation, and we're just headed for the ground.

Now I'm praying that your first post flew over the cuckoos nest around when u started talking about NOS and gay incestuous male pheromones (btw the human vomeronasal system, while functional, is not in any way developed enough to drive someone into a wild eyed dialated pupiled sex frenzy, and even if it was, one of the primary purposes of pheromones in mammals are to prevent incestuous attraction in animals that may not recognize their offspring or other kin by any other sensory means. So if the above members assurances that your theory doesn't make sense isn't good enough, hopefully the logic of that will give you pause.) for the sole reason that the overdose of antihistamine tablets you ingested an hour or so previous had begun to fling your cognition into the land of WTF.

I'm praying that you do have moments of clarity where you realize that what you are saying is absurd. I don't have any animosity towards you and I don't think you are a weak or flawed person in any way. But the thought of living in a world where what you describe is my reality is absolutely horrifying and I AM SO SORRY IF YOU REALLY ARE EXPERIENCING THOSE EFFECTS AS PART OF YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE. If that is simply you posting under the influence and you wake up every morning and laugh at the wierd shit you managed to think up the night before, I'm very very happy for you, although I think you should consider why you might want to induce a state where you believe that your father wants to rape you and may not have control of his actions. The idea makes me feel a little sick to be frank.

And I'm gonna finish this post as frankly as I can also. If you have the sort of ideation you describe in your post above in your normal, sober daily life, then there is no other way to say it. You are psychotic. I am so so sorry, I cannot imagine that your life is anything short of horrifying and bleak, but you TRULY don't have to continue living that way. I am not a neurologist, nor do I know what mechanism anticholinergic psychosis may persist indefinitely, but I do know that modern psychiatry and counseling have benefited people much worse off than you. I am glad you are talking to someone.

I find your post heartbreaking. I don't know you or your family, but it sounds like your home is a very dark place. Everyone who has expressed opinions on your thoughts, whether they are scornful or concerned, are taking the time to try and express to you that you are quite likely in very deep trouble. I'm not going to attempt to convince you to quit taking Unisom, if youre anything like me that will be the point at which your brain tries to regurgitate everything I've spent the last several hours expressing, (assuming you swallowed it at all). This forum should be and in this case is a safe place where people who are often marginalized as bums or burnouts are allowed to help eachother through difficulties and hopefully survive long enough to stabilize and live a happy life.

I don't think it's too late for you. I really don't. But I post on here about manticores and my gigantic family of drug addicted uncles and their retardedly reckless exploits and subsequent ironic deaths for the sole purpose of communicating what I have gleaned about REDACTED through my REDACTED (fuck it, having a forum to rant and express simple concepts with often very little true real world value in hidiously drawn out rhetoric that is often pure pontification after REDACTED allows me to feel sophisticated and intelligent.) In this case all that shit is going to sit this one out. Manticores are mythical, I actually don't have any blood uncles and never did. I abused DPH once at age 16 at a doseage of 8 25 mg tabs. The experience offered me a very weird bodily sensation, confusion, and very mild creepy delerium. It was not at all fun or insightful, in fact quite dysphoria and my friend who had partaken as well experienced a panic attack and screamed for my help as I sat and ignored him, wanting so badly to do something but feeling to confused and tired to care. The next morning I saw the music video for J. C.'s version of "Hurt" and this precipitated the blackest and most horrible depression I have ever in my life experienced. The day after was so bad that for many years afterwards the sight of anything that I knew contained antihistamines caused me to experience a very noticeable panic state along with the feeling that I was looking at something truly evil. Tubes of Dramamine were the worst for some reason. The only thing that allowed me to break this phobia was the discovery that Benadryl was the only thing I had access to at age 18 when I quite smartly hooked myself on Oramorph for a month then CTd while living alone, working and going to school full time, and having to hide the fact that anything was wrong from the woman I loved and my family. I made it but it was a very very bad week.

Anyway that experience was very profound, and your post caused me to relive some feelings that no one should live in the first place. I guess I'm expressing all this in an attempt to connect with you because pointing out your lack of an anchor in this universe as others have done above seems to only make you defensive. I'm going to stop, I feel bad that I can go about my life after I close this, and you will do whatever it is that you feel you need too. But from the bottom of my heart... It sounds like you are living in hell. You don't have to. But if you don't do something to escape, you may lose that option and find that what you thought was hell was just a preview. It's not a possibility. I fucking guarantee you that if you continue what you are doing, you will be lucky if all that happens is you die. Fuck man please get help.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Solid post, both critical, supportive and personal
Heart-wrenching, and painfully honest. Thank you for trying to connect with the OP.
Very lengthy, entertaining, and also accurate and well stated.
Thanks for putting in the effort to reach out, this is a hugely valuable post
This covers many spheres, and I'm not in a position to judge, apart from saying bloody great mindful work done here!
  #13  
Old 26-12-2011, 12:23
AmsuJackal AmsuJackal is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 12-07-2011
Male from United States
Posts: 99
AmsuJackal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

wow dude, calm down and relax for a minute and we can break this down a little bit.

has your father ever mentioned, or anyone mention it to you, that he is attracted to you? that would solve some of the equation for us. if yes, then the condition is still on him, not related to the pheromones, but the pheromones may heighten that for him. Also if you are a believer in auras or energy, he may be feeling the vibration of your aura or presence, drugs tend to cause that to happen in a person with vibrant energy while tripping or very high.

Second, how does he act when he hovers around your door at 3am? is he very drunk or appear to know what hes doing? does he make strange sounds or motions, or seem like hes snooping at all? if so, he may just be trying to spy on what you do late at night when youre all alone or something. parents like to do that. a lot.

Im just trying to help decode an answer, if you could help us out with that, im sure it would chill a lot of people out.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please don't fuel the delusional behavior with talk of auras and what not.
Ridiculous comments that give advice based on no evidence
  #14  
Old 26-12-2011, 12:33
catseye Gold member catseye is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 21-10-2009
Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 1,222
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

unisominator,

Perhaps the things others are saying are not what you want to hear, but that in itself must surely lead you to at least consider what is being said?
Nobody is trying to persecute you or push you away. In fact, its quite the opposite. We are concerned for your well being.

I've searched medical databases to see if there are any known cases of what you report - and the overwhelming answer is no. And to suggest that evolutionary changes have occurred in human pheromone production beginning with you/your family isn't rational. As NS M Lo Reason pointed out, part of the function of pheromones is to guard against incestuous relationships. Yes, we as a species evolve and adapt - but not at immediately noticeable rates such as you seem to be suggesting is happening with you and with those around you (because those around you would need pretty highly evolved olfactory systems to pick up on these hormonal changes, yes?).

Quote:
In adults, toxic effects of dimenhydrinate and diphenhydramine include
thought disorder, visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations, ideas of reference and of persecution, irrational behaviour, amnesia and delirium. <snip>
Psychotic symptoms usually appear with doses greater than 600 mg/d of dimenhydrinate; they develop rapidly and resolve within 1 to 2 days.
from: Craig & Mellor, Dimenhydrinate dependence and withdrawal, CAN MED ASSOC J 1990; 142 (9).

That quote pretty much sums up all the reports on DPH. So it is only natural for us to put your symptoms down to this. Please stop taking this drug - your body is struggling to cope with the massive amounts of anticholinergics.
Be safe.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for taking the time to look at these claims in a scientific manner. Not much of a chance of it doing any good though, sorry to say.
  #15  
Old 26-12-2011, 16:19
chibi curmudgeon Gold member chibi curmudgeon is offline
Gold Finger
 
Join Date: 26-11-2008
33 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 1,364
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,401, Level: 7 Points: 2,401, Level: 7 Points: 2,401, Level: 7
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolEvil View Post
Your also taking anti-depressants and if I remember right, but don't quote me on this, SSRI's interact with anti-histamines and can be potentially fatal.
No, not with dph, at least. Regardless of which antidepressant this guy is on, alcohol would be safer than massive amounts of dph. That with a TCA could cause serious heart problems.

Quote:
I'm on anti-depressants and if I drink, I die.
I'm not sure where you got this information; while I won't say it can't happen, it's extremely unlikely.

Quote:
I am 26 and living at home, yes. My parents made an arrangement with me a few years ago that because I'm not a middle class asshole who's parents pay for everything - they couldn't afford to put me through post secondary and offered me a place to live free of charge, as long as I worked and put myself through fucking school. Fuck you if you can't understand or relate to that.
I don't usually admit this, either: I'm 31 and I live with my mom because, until we get jobs, it's much easier than trying to make ends meet on our own. However, my mom has never trashed the house nor implied she wants to have sex with me. Those would be instant deal-breakers and I would rather live in my car than with someone like that.

Quote:
Does that make me delusional or completely out to lunch
DIPHENHYDRAMINE makes you delusional and completely out to lunch! That's what it does and you should have known this before you started playing with it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
The last point regarding deleriants in general was worth reiterating
  #16  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:40
nhayghe nhayghe is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 16-12-2011
20 y/o Male from USA - Washington
Posts: 3
nhayghe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Your not comfortable with a little attention? Have you considered social anxiety? Or getting off the Diphenhydramine and trying herbal products, or going to a Psychologist to get an accurate diagnosis on whats wrong?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good, punchy advice.
  #17  
Old 05-01-2012, 14:41
Exitlude Exitlude is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 07-12-2010
Male from Australia
Posts: 335
Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.
Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

If you do nothing else, please talk to a doctor about your Unisom use, specifically that you're taking 900mg per day, every day. Diphenhydramine, like many drugs, works for a while then starts to cause strange things to go on like the ones you are describing. Doctors can prescribe even better drugs to deal with your anxiety or other issues that provide you with a better feeling, and they're cheaper.

I don't know if Unisominator will be back to read this posts, I sure hope they do. Good job to everyone here for trying to reach out, it's heartbreaking to watch someone lose touch.
  #18  
Old 05-01-2012, 17:32
kailey_elise Gold member kailey_elise is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 03-11-2004
Female from USA - Massachusetts
Posts: 4,128
Blog Entries: 6
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post
You assholes have marginalized me because my experiences aren't what you're fucking accustomed to hearing.
No one's marginalizing you, and actually we love to hear many & varied experience reports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post
I am 26 and living at home...my parents made an arrangement with me...they couldn't afford to put me through post secondary and offered me a place to live free of charge, as long as I worked and put myself through fucking school. Does that make me delusional or completely out to lunch because you never met in your life or heard some one on this forum lives like that??!!
This is quite a common arrangement, to be honest. I think the "why do you still live at home @ 26?" questions were more about "if you're old enough to move out, why would you continue to live with people who would punch holes in the walls & rip doors off their hinges?" & less of "ur a loser 4 livin @ home @ 26!" This doesn't make you delusional or "out to lunch" & no one ever suggested that living at home as an adult makes one delusional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post
Why would I lie? ... YOU'VE ALL CHOOSEN TO PAINT ME CRAZY AND EXCLUDE ME LIKE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DWITH MY FUCKING LIFE THAT MAKE UP BIZZARE SHIT AND COME HERE LOOKING FOR HELP DEALING WITH IT.
Sweetie, no one has ever said or implied you were lying or just making these things up; quite the contrary. I absolutely believe that you believe these things to be true. However, that doesn't mean that, when viewed from an objective place, these things ARE true. That is different than calling you a liar, though - and again, I do NOT think you are a liar.

When taking a drug that causes dissociation, delusions, & hallucinations, clearly you're going to have these symptoms/effects - isn't that the point of taking such a drug? Particularly when someone's taking these kinds of drugs on a regular (not even daily), they spend so much time in a dissociative, delusional state that they no longer realize these things aren't necessarily "real". When someone takes them on a daily basis, especially at such extremely high doses, they'd have to take a bunch of time off (at least a week) before their brain/mind will completely come out of a dissociative state; just taking 1 or 2 days off is NOT enough time for the brain/mind to get back to a baseline, again - especially at such extreme doses.

We aren't excluding or marginalizing you - we are actually very concerned about your well-being. It can't be good for your body to be taking such high doses of drugs like these, nevermind your brain. Again, things you feel are "real" are often just hallucinations - isn't that the point of taking a dissociative drug? But if you never let yourself come down, you never live life in the "real world" to get some objectivity.

I truly hope you can take a good long break from these drugs, perhaps a stay in a dual diagnosis ward to detox from it would be a good idea. You don't have to take psych meds, but it sounds like it might be a really good idea to speak to a therapist regularly, especially if you must continue to live in that house. Even if people aren't becoming crazed with lust, the screaming & yelling & violence in that house sounds extremely unhealthy & you could do with talking to someone who isn't emotionally involved.

Anyway, I hope you get to read some of these replies & I hope you can get some help/relief of your problems (whatever you feel they may be).

~Kailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post
THANKS FOR NOTHING. I'd been considering suicide - I hoped someone could give me an encouraging thought.
We are not equipped to deal with suicidal people via this forum. If you feel you are in danger of hurting yourself, I urge you to tell someone and/or call emergency services & get taken to the emergency room.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Said exactly what I wanted to say - nicely and calmly, to let the OP know we aren't against him.
Good information delivered in a sweet and loving manner. Pure kailey elise!
  #19  
Old 10-01-2012, 20:20
Space Numpty Space Numpty is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 10-08-2009
43 y/o Male from England
Posts: 1,547
Space Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11
Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Dude, you are breaking so many rules here that you could get yourself banned from what could be an excellent source of support and knowledge for you. Think about that.

Now let me tell you. I have used substances for over 20 years. I have, at one time or another, used the majority of the common street drugs to excess, and also a few you might not have heard of. Look at my rep, read a few of my posts if you doubt my knowledge.

There is only one reason i say this. I want you to believe me. I want you to understand that when i tell you that you need help that its coming from nowhere other than a place of concern and a wish to help.

Diphenhydramine is a deliriant antihistamine. That means at the right doses it puts you in a state of delirium, also know as "acute confusional state". It's of no surprise therefore that you are convinced that you possess a "sex aura" that is driving your Dad crazy with lust.

You need to stop. If you can't do that on your own then you need help to do so. I am not a professional but i imagine that this mental state is temporary and will cessate with time away from such substances. I wouldn't like to say for sure and would advise you get a professional assessment if that is at all possible.

I am not saying this to upset you or make you angry. I am saying it because it is my considered opinion that what i am saying is correct. Please, really think on my words. At the end of the day its you who needs to make the moves towards recovery.
  #20  
Old 16-01-2012, 05:30
Unisominator Unisominator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 16-11-2011
Male from Canada
Posts: 9
Unisominator needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Hello board.

I'm going to try this again as I've had time to get comfortable in my perceptions, and not look to others for answers.

I apologize for flaming - I personally am not in the practice of using marginalizing language when someone presents an issue to me that sounds nothing like what I believe I know. The disconnect here is my expectation that I'd be met with the same type of respect. This is because I believe the words we use "sane/insane/crazy/delusional" are designed to reward "acceptable' behavior and punish behavior deemed unacceptable. This is because - by whom is the standard set?

I have also taken great offense in the replies to my OP because with the typical advice being "get of the DPH, it's destroying my capacity to perceive and accurately judge reality" because of the reading I have done (for personal enjoyment) on the nature/research of Quantum Mechanics. I personally feel we have evolved to this point - having advanced ourselves on the shoulders of geniuses (Einstein, Newton, etc.) but there remains more of our environment and the nature of it that we do not understand (or cannot explain for) than does there exist that which we have come to understand. So, in the research into human pheromones and how they interact with our reality, I feel it quite likely one might observe something rare or un-explainable and not be delusional at the time of observation (or subsequently while reflecting on his observational). This is completely logical (to me) and quite likely as science is simply our current method of explaining the causes and effects we observe and most importantly, science is - by definition - left to 'catch up' to these observations.

I can say the following with great pride having observed and reflected on the processes outlined, for a sustained length of time and have compared with the research of others.

The DPH itself is not responsible for the pheromone trance I've described. However, I personally have a scent (it is indeed a scent as I have experimented with dogs) that delivers information to most people I come in contact with about me. Specifics, unknown. However, the inffo coded appears to contain among it a signal that I am not sexually active on a regular basis (perhaps specifically, that I am dis-satisfied), potentially about my immune system and general genetic structure, and that I am currently aroused (or looking for a mate in the area). This has been an issue for me since puberty and I couldn't figure out why I get on a bus and people are turning around to look at me but not talking...etc and strange behavior of the like. To a majority of peeps this smell is pleasant and enticing (perhaps). To some it is repulsive (and described as that stench you catch when someone's got "BO"). Whatever the case, at the fundamental level, the scent calls attention to my presence in the room/ara.

When I dose up with DPH, I believe either the response triggered in my body - activation of histamine, or the anti-chlonergic properties of DPH itself, mix into my sweat, and essentially the scent I let off, and improves on the genetic message itself - that is, the scent now says I'm not only of a desireable fitness level, but even a step above as the receiver is now catching the drug scent as though it where part of my immune system. This part - I can understand refuting, as I've made a big leap from my observations and statements made, to this conclusion with absolutely no documented, clinical experimentation. This is my opinion.

Whatever it be responsible, I definitely have a presence when I enter a room that I am not entirely comfortable with. That is the source of my social anxieties as the energy I emit is highly sexual, appealing to men and women alike, which means, as I'm not consciously comfortable with sexual liberalism, if you will, the message my body seems to be sending is not aligned at all with my conscious processes.

I keep getting this thought to make understanding this my life's work. I've never felt so passionate about understanding something and explaining it to others as I do for this. Unfortunately, it will have to wait - as it would require a complete overhaul of everything I've done in school to this point. I am an arts student and I'm sure I'd have to study science - genetics, primatology, etc.

If this at all sounds interesting, please follow up - google Histocomptability complex - some interesting related infos.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 06-02-2012 at 19:28. Reason: post restored
  #21  
Old 16-01-2012, 16:18
chibi curmudgeon Gold member chibi curmudgeon is offline
Gold Finger
 
Join Date: 26-11-2008
33 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 1,364
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,401, Level: 7 Points: 2,401, Level: 7 Points: 2,401, Level: 7
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

First, thank you for the apology. There are lots of different viewpoints presented on DF, not everyone will agree with you, but we insist that you keep it civil.

However, please understand that there's a very good reason why people responded the way they did. DPH is a deliriant, I'm sure you knew this when you started taking it, but this means that you cannot trust your senses or thoughts when you're under the influence of it. If you think you see, hear, feel something while on a large dose of DPH, and it seems weird to people not on DPH, they're probably right, it's probably weird and just the DPH talking. As I said before, DPH causes hallucinations and delusions.

Pheromones exist, nobody's disputing that, and they do transmit information to other humans about your body, albeit in ways that are imperceptible to most people. Pheromones have no smell, not one that humans can identify; if people think you have a certain scent about you it's not your pheromones, it's other chemicals on your body, and sorry to say, if that scent can be detected by people a few feet away it's probably due to your hygiene. Normal, clean body smell isn't noticeable by humans unless they're within a few inches of your skin. Drugs can affect your body chemistry and the scent you give off, however, it's rarely as profound as you describe and it's easy to test this possibility.

I'm not saying your claims about your pheromones or their alteration by DPH are bullshit, but while they're possible, they're not probable. That's why people in this thread are skeptical. If you're familiar with biochemistry enough to test your hypothesis, I and many others here would love to see the results. Until then, Occam's Razor says the most likely cause of your perceptions and anxiety is delirium induced by DPH.

Again, no one's saying you're making this up or even calling you crazy, but we'd need to see some evidence that this phenomenon actually exists.

Last edited by chibi curmudgeon; 16-01-2012 at 18:51. Reason: Rephrased a sentence.
  #22  
Old 16-01-2012, 16:32
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 12-06-2007
38 y/o Male from Ireland
Posts: 7,054
Blog Entries: 3
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

To the OP.
You are obviously an intelligent and logical minded person, so why not find a way to test your theory in a scientific enviroment that does not include family members.

You could test your pheromone response theory on several strangers, perhaps you know someone who practices or studies science or biology who would be interested in helping you out, maybe you could be their thesis.

Perhaps if you get no similiar reaction from anyone else you might then consider that there is something else at work here, and that your belief is incorrect. Of course you might discover that you are in fact correct and you can then figure out your next move. I would personally recomend some family therapy or distancing yourself from them untill such a time as they have dealth with any existing issues.

Aproaching a perfume company and making a small fortune would also be advised.
  #23  
Old 16-01-2012, 17:54
OccularFantasm OccularFantasm is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2007
26 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 278
OccularFantasm is captain of the psychonauts.OccularFantasm is captain of the psychonauts.OccularFantasm is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisominator View Post

...I am particularly interested in dissociation - derealization and depersonalization and I a considering specializing in Dementia. ...

... I'm on anti-depressants...

...THANKS FOR NOTHING. I'd been considering suicide - I hoped someone could give me an encouraging thought. ...
Given SWIYs affinity towards depersonalization research, has SWIY considered the possibility that perhaps SWIY is experiencing some "derailed thoughts" as a side effect of SWIYs antidepressant?

A patient diagnosed with derailed thoughts is typically put on a dopamine antagonist (such as haloperidol (haldol), risperidone (Risperdol), etc. [antipsychotic class drugs]). This suggests a link between the condition and dopamine levels.

H1 antagonists inhibit dopamine uptake, which implies a possible symptom of derailed thoughts as a result of this dopamine modulation. (See below.)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8...?dopt=Abstract
Jpn J Pharmacol. 1996 May;71(1):81-4.
Potentiation of L-dopa-induced behavioral excitement by histamine H1-receptor antagonists in mice.

Sato T, Suemaru K, Matsunaga K, Hamaoka S, Gomita Y, Oishi R.
Source

Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.

Abstract

Effects of histamine H1-receptor antagonists on L-dopa-induced behavioral excitement were examined in mice to confirm behaviorally the inhibition of dopamine uptake by these compounds. L-Dopa (100-300 mg/kg, s.c.) combined with pargyline hydrochloride (80 mg/kg, i.p.) caused a dose-dependent behavioral excitement. The marked excitement induced by L-dopa (300 mg/kg) plus pargyline was significantly inhibited by pimozide (0.1 - 1 mg/kg, s.c.), a selective dopamine antagonist. Tripelennamine (10 mg/kg, s.c.), d-chlorpheniramine (1 and 2 mg/kg, s.c.), homochlorcyclizine (2 and 5 mg/kg, s.c.), diphenhydramine (2 and 5 mg/kg, s.c.) and mepyramine (2 and 5 mg/kg, s.c.) each markedly enhanced the moderate behavioral excitement induced by L-dopa (150 mg/kg) plus pargyline. These findings are behavioral evidence for inhibition of dopamine uptake by H1 antagonists, which has been suggested by neurochemical studies.

PMID:8791174 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
=========================================


Since there is a possibility of the side effect of derailed thoughts from antidepressant medications, as well as from dopamine modulation, it seems the odds are fairly significant that (especially if the two scenarios are concurrent) derailed thoughts may be an issue. It would explain the difficulty SWIY is having with perceptions and possibly paranoia. If nothing more SWIY may want to do an experiment in which SWIY stops taking the diphenhydramine for a set amount of time, to test the theory. If nothing more it would be a nice jumping point for SWIYs depersonalization research.

If it doesn't work, SWIY could always go back to use, although SWIM would highly recommend that SWIY exercise extreme caution if that is what SWIY chooses.

Also as a side note, SWIY may wish to do some research on MAOI inhibitors. It is the first listed counter-indication on the diphenhydramine page. http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...iphenhydramine

SWIY may be surprised at what has MAOI properties, including but certainly not limited to tobacco, chocolate, dill, turmeric(which is in French's mustard), and a plethora of other foods and spices. SWIY may have made sure that SWIY is not taking an MAOI medication, but that does not mean that they are not taking some MAOIs without realizing it. If this is the case it may be a factor in the altered mental state that SWIY has encountered, investigation of which certainly couldn't hurt.

Also SWIM wonders what antidepressant SWIY is on, as they all have their own unique pharmacological properties.

SWIY might also consider getting SWIYs own place, or maybe stay at a dorm on campus or something. SWIM suggests this because it seems like a very chaotic situation, and if SWIY is exposed to high levels of stress on a regular basis, that could have its own litany of negative effects. Such effects include changes in psychological, hormonal, and neurochemical physiology.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good references. Clearly time has been taken on this post.

Last edited by OccularFantasm; 16-01-2012 at 17:57. Reason: spelling/formatting
  #24  
Old 21-01-2012, 07:49
Unisominator Unisominator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 16-11-2011
Male from Canada
Posts: 9
Unisominator needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Hello, this will be my final post. I thank each one of you who has read what I have shared about my journey - the good and the bad things I've had to say, and each of you who have shared a response. Thank you.

Unfortunately, in my effort to reach out, I have found once again (this has been a recurring theme in my journey) reassurance from the outside is not at all what I need, that I need to trust in myself and tune in to what each of my senses communicate to me.

I've stumbled across research on a condition called Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome (PSAS) that describes exactly what I have been experiencing. I would love for each of you to google it and read up just enough that it makes sense to you where I was coming from.

There's a part of me that knows what I described experiencing was not the effect of delirious cognition. It is from that part, I prepare this post. As the younger part of me wants so badly to flame this post out as though I had somehow begun to believe the chorus calling for me to get a reality check. I emphasize, these feelings come from the younger part - Freud's 'id' perhaps - not a very self secure place, that.

I will close challenging you to really consider the viewpoint you hold as your own is what makes your experience your experience. That is to say, it can be so tempting to hide behind the words we use to place the responsibility of that which we do not understand on someone else - it is much easier to label someone else as crazy and delusional than it is to admit we lack knowledge about what the person has presented.

It's a trap. This is the very mechanism by which a genius can go unrecognized by his own generation, only to be discovered by the next as having civilization advancing insight.

Finally, I was raised a Christian, and though I moved toward philosophy in high school, the moral of the biblical tale remains: the greatest tragedy is not for a man to claim himself the son of God - but for a nation of his fellow brothers to destroy him for so proclaiming.
  #25  
Old 21-01-2012, 18:41
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 01-04-2005
34 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 8,092
Blog Entries: 28
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%
Re: Father Asked me to quit Diphenhydramine use for selfish reasons - I decline.

Have you stopped taking the DPH? Have you done anything to find a therapist or counseler? Was this "PSAS" diagnosed by a doctor, or is it just your feeling?
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
antihistamine, antihistamines, benadryl, deliriant antihistamines, diphenhydramine, diphenhydramine sex, dph, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum

Thread Tools



Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:44.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved