Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 21-12-2011, 17:14
Silver Member

Male from United States
lms86 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Taking Suboxone while opiates still in your system to rapid detox

SWIM may have been using h for about 5 years off and on, with periods of sobriety here and there. SWIM is trying to get clean again and has taken suboxone before while opiates were still in the system.

Has anyone ever rapidly detoxed by taking suboxone with opiates still in your system? SWIM knows it causes immediate suffering pretty much, but does it make detox last any less? SWIM has done it before and it seems like it reduces detox to 1 day of absolute misery, and that's it. Anyone else ever done this?
Old 23-12-2011, 14:46
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Taking Suboxone while opiates still in your system to rapid detox

Are you prescribed suboxone? I only ask because your treatment provider should be able to answer all these questions. And if they can't/won't, then there's something wrong and you should demand answers, it's your right.
If you're having any difficulty with your treatment provider you should maybe see if there's any service user groups in your area, as they can usually help with this sort of thing.

Anyway, back to your questions....
One should wait 24-36 hours before taking suboxone if you're currently using heroin, it's a bit longer if you're using methadone, ye need to wait like 36-48 hours before taking suboxone after methadone use. I think they tell you to wait 12 hours if using heroin before taking suboxone, but i would try and go 24 hours before taking any suboxone, i did when i went on it. The longer the better really, to avoid any chance of getting precipated withdrawals.
On the first day of taking suboxone when i was prescribed it i was given 4mg, and the following day and then on i was on 12mg. But everyone's different, you may need higher or lower. So just remember to start off small on your first day, like a third of your dose and then go up to a dose which you're comfortable on, it may take a small period to adjust to. Though you may be surprised at how little you need.
If you search this board you'll find suboxone tapering guides, they should be able to give you better info about all that than i could.
All the best.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Doesn't answer the question in any way.
Old 23-12-2011, 15:11
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms86 View Post
Has anyone ever rapidly detoxed by taking suboxone with opiates still in your system? SWIM knows it causes immediate suffering pretty much, but does it make detox last any less? SWIM has done it before and it seems like it reduces detox to 1 day of absolute misery, and that's it. Anyone else ever done this?
Sorry, i'd just like to add that it's best to wait until there's no opiates in your system before starting suboxone, that's why one should wait a certain amount of time before taking any suboxone.
I dunno about taking suboxone with opiates still in your system making withdrawals last any less longer, all it'll do will send you into precipated withdrawals and you'll continue to be in withdrawals thereafter for days, or maybe weeks. So all it would do is start the detox immediatly and more severely i'd imagine.
What's the rush? If i may ask.
Old 23-12-2011, 15:28
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

G_nome makes some really good points, but I'm interpreting your question differently...to me it sounds like you are wondering if inducing precipitated withdrawals is a good or safe idea? This would be along the lines of an ultra rapid opiate detoxification (UROD). Whilst it might make the physical process of wd'ing faster, it really is NOT a good idea to do this on purpose outside of a medical setting!

Withdrawing from opiates involves many different brain chemical processes, one being a massive increase in neural activity at the noradrenergic nucleus - this serge is responsible for a lot of the symptoms of wd that you get...restlessness, runny eyes/nose, and (more importantly) cardiovascular changes. On top of that, UROD causes a rapid increase in catecholamine levels, which are things like norepinephrine and dopamine...these neurotransmitters modulate the central nervous system. High levels of catecholamines are related to stress, and increase all the typical 'fight or flight' reactions such as elevated blood pressure and heart rate, which is not a good thing for prolonged periods.
Clonidine helps to suppress noradrenergic activity, so if one were going to attempt UROD, it's very important to have some (*and to be aware of the inherent dangers of this medication as it lowers blood pressure*). Attempting an UROD without proper monitoring and the use of drugs like clonidine to control the side effects increases the likelihood of serious damage or death (Urman et al, 2011).
Withdrawing from opiates isn't generally life threatening of course...but forcing an UROD without proper medical supervision just to 'get it over with' is a dangerous idea...please be safe, ok?

Some good points raised, and sound advice.
Fantastic post, very informative
Old 26-12-2011, 12:25
Silver Member

Male from United States

@catseye - That's EXACTLY what I'm asking. SWIM has done it before - where he takes a suboxone about 20 hours into detox and it makes the withdrawals more intense. Then he goes and gets a bag or 3 and uses calming the monster of precipitated WD down. Then after a 24 hourperiod, it seems that 90% of the worst WD is gone. He just doesn't know if it really works that way or if its just his body that is like that.
Old 26-12-2011, 12:38
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Maybe it's just you. How old are you, and how long have you had your habit?

I've considered it before myself (or taking Naloxone/Naltrexone), to bring on wd & maybe if you skip the first day or two of the opioids leaving your system, perhaps it'll cut the entire process down by a few days. But it never worked like that for me.

Plus, the physical aspects of wd were never really a huge deal - it's the emotional shit that comes after that kept me out there.

~Kailey
Old 26-12-2011, 15:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
RobertT is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
@catseye - That's EXACTLY what I'm asking. SWIM has done it before - where he takes a suboxone about 20 hours into detox and it makes the withdrawals more intense. Then he goes and gets a bag or 3 and uses calming the monster of precipitated WD down. Then after a 24 hourperiod, it seems that 90% of the worst WD is gone. He just doesn't know if it really works that way or if its just his body that is like that.
It don't work that way. I'm sorry. At least not for me. I been through suboxone withdraw at least 6-7 times. The first thing I'm wondering is, do you only have 1 pill? Is that why you are asking this? If you only have one pill I'm afraid there is no way around your withdraw exept you can get past most of the first day with the one pill or you may be able to break it in half and get reduced symptoms for two days and then you will be on day 3 of detox.

Taking your suboxone right after opiates will NOT put you in rapid detox! It will only put you in rapid withdraw. Rapid dexox is a highly involved process involving sedation and an IV of naloxone all monitored by an anesthesiologist. Even then it's not pleasant day 2-5 but it's way way better.

You are much better off like others have said waiting 24 hours since last use or even better when you actually are in withdraw because it will relieve your symptoms and make you feel better. If you only have the one, you are going to have to ride it out with plenty of water OJ or Gatorade so you don't dehydrate and you can really sweat that stuff out. Benadryl helps I'm not sure exactly why but it's an anti hystamine so I assume it helps wht the runny nose and goose flesh and helps you sleep, kind of takes the edge off. Ibuprofen for the aches and pains and try to eat as much as you can keep down to get over the nausea ASAP.

Now, if you have multiple pills, just take one every 12 hours and it's almost like magic. You fell a little crappy like you got a slight cold but it's nothing.

I really hop it goes well for you. Please give an update in how you are doing, you are making a good choice. I also highly reccommend if you are not doing a hospital detox, you at least keep some phone numbers handy of the hospital, your Dr. Your shrink if you have one and have someone stay with you for support. The other bad side effect is the depression and you can think some drastic thoughts during the process.
Old 26-12-2011, 20:37
Silver Member

Male from United States

I hate all this 3rd person crap -

I have 3 sub lingual strips and 1 weird looking white diamond shaped suboxone that I believe they give to pregnant women. I just want it done ASAP. I've been so depressed over the past couple months I've had this monster lurking with me. I've gone through this for about 8 years now off and on - I get clean, do well for a few months, then something happens and all of a sudden I'm sitting there holding a bundle and a syringe doing my thing wondering wtf just happened. I'll be dirty for like 8 months then get clean again. I've been to rehab before and it really isn't the answer.

I just want this done as quick as possible with minimal effects. I cannot stand withdrawal. I'm one of those people that WD takes me OUT - literally I hallucinate pretty bad and all that jazz. The past few times i've taken subs, I've waited at least 24 hours or more, and it just makes the withdrawal WORSE - exponentially. I hold a very high-ranking position with the company I work for - and it's very demanding. I'm not a C-level executive, im one step below that. I cannot afford to sit in my office looking like hell, feeling like it and giving them sub-satisfactory work.

The reason I'm asking my initial question, is because a few times i've taken subs and it has made my wd worse, it seems that after i used and evened out that it was pretty much over with. I'm 25 years old btw - for whoever asked. I've been through this crap for many years now and im sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Old 27-12-2011, 13:58
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

Its ok there's no need to use the 3rd person if you don't want to, so don't worry about that...it only applies to drug manufacturing/chemistry

You know, whilst wd's tend to follow a fairly predictable pattern of symptoms, they are personal in their length and intensity. I'm sure you've noticed that sometimes they are worse than other times even in the same user.

If you've found that taking the subbies and inducing wd has shortened the duration in the past for you, then that may well be the case. I don't think anyone can say conclusively that it isn't true or it doesn't work that way...obviously it works that way for you. We just want to warn you of the potential hazards and keep you safe, ok?

Is there any reason that you don't want to get a script for subbies? I know that to many people replacement therapy isn't ideal, but it sounds like you are struggling with staying clean...the subs would block the cravings and help you stabilise until you can figure out what's causing the relapses and give you time to address whatever is going on? It may be the lesser of two evils, if you follow? Maintenance can be a life saver for lots of people. Yeah, you'll want to come off them ultimately - but if you really aren't prepared to be sober, it is a hell of a lot safer and easier to manage a suboxone/methadone script.

As far as what you've got to do this with...I'd suggest looking on the forum regarding rapid suboxone tapers, but I can't comment on what you've got or how long it would last without knowing the mg and your tolerance/usage.

Is there no possible way that you can get some time off work to do this? The added pressure of knowing that you need to function at the level you describe can't be making things easier?
There is also the question of what you will do differently this time around to ensure that this detox is the last...think about what support systems you have in place and how you can utilise them, how you will identify and avoid relapse triggers, how you can address the depression you briefly mention so that it doesn't start those demons whispering in your ear all over again, etc etc etc.
I'm sure you've thought of all this, but I just wanted to point out some potential issues a bit further down the road ok? The detox/wd is the easy part...its the staying clean that is the challenge
Please keep us posted, and feel free to PM me if there's anything further you want to chat about, ok? Take care!

Amazing response, informative and based on facts. The first in this thread.
Old 05-01-2012, 22:21
Silver Member

Male from United States

thank you much cat - It worked and this is no bs. I waited about 20 hours and took this diamond shaped white pill that I just found out is subutex - It made the WD extremely harsh and unbearable - I went and got a bundle and did most all of it in the time span of 1 hour - this took the unbearable feeling away. The next day I still felt like crap, so I used again, this time very intermittent 3 here, 2 here, 2 here, 4 here in that order all like 3 hours a part from each other. It's been more than 24 hours and I feel absolutely fine. No pains, shakes, no anything. Not even cravings.

Thank you for updating on the progress. Be very careful when taking opiates during precipitated wd. Very high chance of OD L, you won't feel them at all, then it will hit you all at once in 30/60min
Old 06-01-2012, 00:41
Titanium Member

Male from New Zealand
aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.
Points: 670, Level: 4 Points: 670, Level: 4 Points: 670, Level: 4

I've found that taking anything when coming off opiates is going to do either of two things; make it worse or prolong the agony, neither of which are great incentives for me. To kick from my relapse I used a Catapres patch (Clonidine) for the first four days but it made me so damn sluggish I had to remove it and felt far better for doing so. It would maybe be fine to use if you just wanted to blob about and do nothing but if one has to function at all, it isn't a great idea in my opinion. I don't think it did what it said on the box anyway; quitting using is a fucking miserable business and there is no easy way, no magic formula and no silver bullet, it just has to be endured. I found benzos to be useless as well; I could take a handful and still be wired tighter than a snare drum, just with a fogged out brain (and not in the nice way). For me, I know insomnia is going to happen (part of the process explained by Cats above far better than I could) and one I just have to deal with.

For me, and this is where I know many people differ and may even take umbrage, taking drugs to get off drugs makes no sense and continues the belief system that better health is available out of a bottle. While I accept that some people need medication for clinical depression and what-not, giving such meds to people who need to kick habits is crazy and part of the machine which keeps people bound to the medical profession. Doctors resolve everything by using medications, it is what they are conditioned to do; it started with benzos, ludes and barbs to stressed-out housewives and office workers in the 50s and 60s and continues today where all drugs (including antibiotics) are way over-prescribed. This is obviously a contentious issue and I apologise if this comes across as arrogant or demeaning.

I have come to the conclusion that in my case, taking nothing other than walks, baths/showers and lots of water whilst steering clear of overly fatty and other heavy foods is by far the quickest way to clear my body of toxins and enable it to begin repairing the damage I've caused it. What you guys call suboxone was called TemGesic (temmies) here and is now banned because it became one of the most-abused street drugs, likely due to the fact it is tough getting any kind of high-grade gear (smack, coke etc.) past our border control guys. This makes prescription meds the drugs of choice for many people (excluding home-made shit like meth (called P here for some reason) and homebake heroin). Now The Man is tightening up on that so it is squeezing addicts into diversifying into still other drugs. Anyway, long story short and all that, for me using suboxone would be like using coke to get off opiates, so it isn't an option. I also made use of the Methadone program here and understand why that is very helpful in many cases, however I would guess 75% or more of those using 'Done here will be using on top of it; I know I was. My belief is that if someone really wants to stop using, they can and will do so much quicker without all the other shit in their system. Anything else is a crutch, whether mental or physical and because a crutch is something that props us up, that can become a liability we need rather than an asset we don't.

I was inducted into clean living after many years of opiate abuse via a 12-step based rehab and withdrawing there involved only empathy and hot baths; they didn't allow any drugs at all (if a medicated detox was necessary it would be done somewhere else before entering rehab - the last thing the other residents need is someone stoned/medicated sitting in on groups). Twenty five years later I still believe that for an addict who wants to stop using, the best way forward is to just stop using, and that means everything. That doesn't mean substituting one drug for another in the hope it is easier to get off because any addictive drug is going to be a bitch to kick, especially the synthetics and some of the TemGesic addicts I saw struggling to clear that shit made me happy I only had to kick heroin.

My body is not as young as it was back then but it handled my latest cleaning up OK (after 3 years of hard-core opiate abuse); some side effects of stopping I'd forgotten about and some happened this time I didn't notice last time (endless sneezing for one) but it is remarkable how quickly the body adapts to change. If I was taking all that other shit instead of sitting here clean I would still be trapped and using and that would suck the big one. The choice I had to make for my own good was to stop and unfortunately that means not using anything at all. I say unfortunately because being an addict, I love using and how I felt when I was using, however I am glad I kicked that habit because it was hurting me and those around me and left unchecked would have killed me. I guess it came down to either living clean again or really getting fucked up and because I knew I could do it (and had done it clean for nearly 20 years) there was no real excuses any more.

I don't know if anyone in this thread will find this relevant but for me it is; bottom line is using anything at all is bad for me and if someone else is an addict then I'm guessing they'll be in the same boat.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:41
Silver Member

Male from United States

If that just worked. They need to rewrite a couple pages about opiate detox in the medical books or this guy's system needs to be studied. Because from what I just read, the subutex either just got wasted, superman is on the forums, or I am just very confused.
Old 11-01-2012, 00:49
Silver Member

Male from United States

It's the honest truth, Robert. I was very surprised myself that it worked, but it did in fact work. I'm grateful that it did, I literally detoxed in less than 2 full days and avoided withdrawal pretty much all together - and it only cost my a subutex which was free anyways. I'm not sure why it worked - but it honestly did.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:39
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
smoothupnu needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

i had a similair experience as "IMS86" only my addition was xanax .
after 2-3 days of hell i could no longer stand it and went to e.r. where i was given a shot of ativan and a small script.(#12) i used the ativan to completely alleviate any w/d from the xanax and after those twelve were gone(4 days) i was in great shape and pill free. i dont know how or why it worked, both of them being very similair drugs, but it sure did.
i understand why it alleviated the w/ds but how i was able to detox from the xanax at the same time puzzles me.
Old 16-01-2012, 16:50
Silver Member

Male from United States

What I don't get is, by using, doesn't the heroin get back into your system and then would need to be re-detoxed? I'm not on it right now or I'd love to test this theory. Good if you only have a couple bupes.
Old 23-01-2012, 19:56
Silver Member

Male from United States

I'm not exactly sure, but I know that suboxone/subutex blocks the receptors at which time when i used, it probably removed some of tyhe bupe from the receptors or just filled in receptors that didn't have a bond. Either way, it worked. It does nothing for the post -acute wd, but that's easier than the physical wd anytime. I just smoke like a god damned chimney and think about getting high constantly hahaha. But in the long run, I think of my future and things I'd like to do in life, and it defeats the post acute.
Old 21-01-2013, 10:32

28 y/o Male from United States
moneyman5377 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Quote:
SWIM may have been using h for about 5 years off and on, with periods of sobriety here and there. SWIM is trying to get clean again and has taken suboxone before while opiates were still in the system.

Yea I have done this 2 times. Im not gonna lie its hard cuz you know hell is gona arriving right after the sub. But yea for me at least i put myself in precip on purpose. The first time it worked good. had a huge habit and just did it. I had taken xanax 30 min before so id have that already kicking before the wd started. Then once hell began i just knocked myself out with benzos and literally slept a whole day by just keep taking xanax. Next day woke uo groggy and body pain but it felt like the 4th/5th day of a normal detox. The next time it just didnt put me in withdrawal quickly and was kinda a normal wd. So if your a healthy person and ready then stock up on benzos and try it out. Im not saying it cant be dangerous because the benzos ul take but im guessing uve had experience so you should know correct benzo doeses for you. If you do it good luck and post how it goes
Old 09-11-2013, 01:30

46 y/o Male from New Zealand
draikblood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I was on methadone for 25 years and when it finaly became govt funded I decided to switch to soboxone and come of that after mAny fails counting off methadone.
I took my last does of methadone friday morning and it was not till the following wed i scored high enough to start the suboxone! by then i was feeling like crap! i ended up after a couple of days on 20mg sub. Two weeks later i took a drug test and methadone was still in my system. that was a shock. but i work in the oil and gad/LNG industry and i was able to get back into work passing drug and alcohol tests because suboxone will NOT and does not show up in any drug test. I was able to coult odd while working and are still off everything now. a year later.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:29
Silver Member

Female from Canada
sealilly77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

It worked for me!! Last week I took my sub a little too early and went into wd from hell. It only lasted 12-24 hours and since then I've been well. It was a complete accident that it worked that way and I'm so lucky. I have been documenting my detox in this forum.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00

Male from United Kingdom
andylondon1981 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

ello guys,

I've now 13 days clean of heroin, i used suboxone to come off and its fakin hard, had to move away from my area to a safe house in the north of england..... Ive been prescribed subs for 2 years and always sold them but this time i had 20 2mg tablets left and they worked wonders... Im still gettin insomnia and RLS but things could be worst. My point is, you need to wanna quit the shit and get your life back, i lost everything. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stick with the subs..... andy
Old 01-06-2014, 02:57

Female from United States
meatpie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:

Ok, here is what you want to know (Sorry its years after the question!)

You have to be COMPLETELY off opiates to take suboxone, or it will not work.

Yes, if there's ANY trace of them you will immediately go into precip w/d, WHICH IS THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD....and from what I could determine, WILL NOT STOP....It is not even worth shaving off ONE day to feel like that. You are best to end the misery w/a normal dose of your opiates (stops it immediately), and start over...

I was so unnerved by the experience, that I waited a FULL 2 DAYS into withdrawal to be sure precip w/d wouldn't happen again...But ya know what? 2days of cold turkey withdrawal was VERY MANAGEABLE compared to precip w/d.

After 2 days, you take the suboxone, & IT ARRESTS ALL WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS...Its magical. After the 5th day, I felt almost totally normal again. I took a low dose for 3 days after that, and that was it.
Old 03-06-2014, 23:51

27 y/o Male from United States
Mollymeanspuretome is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

It also has A LOT to do with you WANTING to kick it and also what your DOC is. For instance my monkey has heard people trying to kick heroin told him that methadone was the only option and some said the opposite...my monkey,and he used be big and expensive, fell in love roxy30s(30mg oxycodone) and up until recently thought that dones(methadone) was the only way to go. Then one day he got so fucked up on said dones that he realized after a month(which started out good) he was abusing methadone too. That's when someone mentioned Suboxone(8mg Buprenorphine 2mg Naloxone) and the doctor recommended waiting until moderate wd symptoms were clearly present which was after about 17hrs or so. My monkey has found this compound to work wonders and considers it as saving his life before he went down an even darker path to IV'ing and such. But I can't stress this point enough: To each his(her) own!

Mollymeanspuretome added 7 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Also my monkey has never, in all of his friends close and users, had anyone tell him that they had a "bad" experience while on Suboxone treatment due to its awesomely designed "ceiling effect". But that's just my Monkey and a sample of 60 people. To elaborate a little better, in no way shape or form promoting Suboxone or methadone for that matter. Just giving my monkeys data collected from a small % of the pop

Last edited by Mollymeanspuretome; 03-06-2014 at 23:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-06-2014, 20:24
Silver Member

Female from United States
Loli is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
thank you much cat - It worked and this is no bs. I waited about 20 hours and took this diamond shaped white pill that I just found out is subutex - It made the WD extremely harsh and unbearable - I went and got a bundle and did most all of it in the time span of 1 hour - this took the unbearable feeling away. The next day I still felt like crap, so I used again, this time very intermittent 3 here, 2 here, 2 here, 4 here in that order all like 3 hours a part from each other. It's been more than 24 hours and I feel absolutely fine. No pains, shakes, no anything. Not even cravings.
Thank you for updating on the progress. Be very careful when taking opiates during precipitated wd. Very high chance of OD L, you won't feel them at all, then it will hit you all at once in 30/60min
I have done what you described. However not planned . I had an issue, 24 attempts total I tried going on subs from H. I waited anywhere from 20 hours to 72 hours and each time was hit with precipitates. I was terrified. Every time I would do anything to get few more bags to get rid of that hell. Then I would continue using (I wish I knew your experience then)
At my last attempt, 3 years ago, my dealer wouldn't come over, and regardless of 3 bundle a day habit of 2 years IV delivery WA the only way I knew how to cop.
I tried toughing through it, but 2 hours later called ER. Weirdest symptom was non stop mini orgasms, not pleasant while you are in ER car... Anywooo, they couldn't figure out what to do with me. Dr's where uneducated in sub relation. 4 hours more and addiction Dr came. By that time precipitated wd where much lower and somewhat tolerable. But I was so on of it that I didn't know that they shot me up with methadone dose. I felt like shit again.. M for another hour. The next thing I remeber I woke up in detox. And vola, being on Methadone since then. But it WAs my only chance left.
I'm now back down t 20 MG from 160 and preparing for switch to suboxone. Because subs let your receptors to heal while on it I am doing my taper this way. Methadone to suboxone, 1/3 months later to 100% clean. I've been 2 years sober aside from methadone maintenance. I hope I can do this right.

Loli added 10 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertT View Post
What I don't get is, by using, doesn't the heroin get back into your system and then would need to be re-detoxed? I'm not on it right now or I'd love to test this theory. Good if you only have a couple bupes.
I think what happened in his case is this.
He had a large habit. Then he took sub purposely early which knocked all the opiates off his receptors. Then he immediately took more opiates, but due to subs occupying receptors only a few opioids got attached. That helped precipitate wd stop, but his receptors where 90% (example) cleaner than before. The next day he took a very low (comparing to his previous habbit) dose of H, which eliminated whatever withdrawal symptoms where left . This time much more of H reattached to his receptors. BUT, He no longer went into wd after the latest h discontinuation, because it was as if he started a new habit. His receptors where cleaned out prior to it, as well is due to subs in system only small part of what he took WA able to be attached to his receptors . As you know, it take 3 days of continuous use if H to develop physical dependency and therefor experience wd symptoms. He only used for 2days. He will have slight discomfort but that's it. It makes sense. It's dangerous because of HUGE chance of OD, but it makes sense.

Last edited by Loli; 17-06-2014 at 20:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
detox, heroin addiction, opiate addiction, opiates, precipitated withdrawal, rapid detox, suboxone, withdrawal, withdrawals