Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 16-12-2011, 18:59

29 y/o Male from United States
FantasysEctasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kratom constipation - Any possible ways to ease this?

My pet monkey has plenty of experience with kratom, and did it twice daily for god knows how long. Kratom always caused him horrid, bloody, and painful constipation when taken twice a day daily. He has other monkey friends that take kratom daily at the same doses as him, and they have no poopy side effects at all . He smarted up and now only uses kratom occasionally, usually when he's in the mood to relax or sleep. It helped him totally go back to normal. Sadly When he stopped the use of kratom his motivation and laziness went back to normal, and it really shows with school and work. While on kratom he was scoring almost all As with a B here and there, but now he's back to his normal C, D average (it's funny because while on kratom he seems to listen a lot less than when he's not on it, and still managed to score way higher). On top of that, his performance at work is mediocre, and while he's there all he can think about is getting his ass home. He can also assure you it's not anything related to withdrawals because he tapered off quite slowly, so he noticed nothing when he stopped for good, besides it's been a long time so withdrawal is out of the question. This is just his normal self. Because of this he started up kratom again and as expected, the constipation has came back and as painful as ever. He searched the internet low and high with not much that has helped. Fiber doesn't work and laxatives are doing the bare minimum to the point it won't matter whether he takes them or not. The only thing which works slightly is drinking TONS of water and he has to drink a very large amount for even the smallest of ease while going.

Does anybody have good ideas on how he can continue to take kratom and be regular at the same time? I'm open for any suggestions whether your familiar with this problem or not.

PS. he has another question totally unrelated to above. He accidently ordered leaf bali kratom instead of powderd kratom a bit back, and was wondering if he does his normal method of toss and wash with the leaf instead of powder it will still be as potent as the powdered kratom? He's quite low on money atm but if I must grind it should I just purchase a cheap grinder?

Thanks for reading this! It's long!
Old 16-12-2011, 19:35
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,839, Level: 21 Points: 21,839, Level: 21 Points: 21,839, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: Kratom constipation - Any possible ways to ease this?

Apart from cutting down on the amount you are taking you could try drinking prune juice or go to a health food shop and look for some tea used by peopleon diets/slimming, this usually loosens stools.

If you want to grind the kratom you can rub it through a kitchen sieve. First remove any stem & vein then crush it by hand and pass it through the sieve a couple of times to powder it. This works as good as can be expected without a coffee grinder.

Obviously watching your diet is important, espicially when taking something that can clog you up like Kratom. Plenty of exercise too.

Last edited by ianzombie; 16-12-2011 at 19:50.
Old 16-12-2011, 20:42

Thanks ianzombie. I heard of a tea called Wu-long tea that supposed to be effective in slimming. I don't know if you heard of it, but if you did would you think this would be effective? He actually doesn't eat much anyways, but still trys to go everyday. Also I heard Chamomile tea could help with constipation. I never really tried teas for this issue because I felt it wouldn't be effective enough anyways. Also he tried prune juice and it never seemed to help much .

Thanks for the kitchen sieve idea. I will try it .
Old 16-12-2011, 23:41

28 y/o Male from United States
FabledHero is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Eat a lot before bed, then when you wake up you probably will have to take a dump.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is pretty poor advice to give to someone, eating before bed is not recomended, the person is constipated and your advice will not help them
Old 17-12-2011, 01:56
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

Take some oil daily. Olive oil will work. Before bed is good or first thing in the morning and follow it with a hot drink.

Works great! A tablespoon is a good start.
Old 17-12-2011, 02:19
Palladium Member

32 y/o Female from Australia
iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Having blood in your stools is a cause for concern.
It could be from the chronic constipation, possibly hemorrhoids being disturbed.

Or it could be a sign of something more going on, inwhich case you should consult a physician.
Especially if you already have a fiber rich diet, and consume atleast 8 glasses of water per day.

If you have used otc preparations such as colloxyl and senna without success, there are bowel preparations used before colonoscopys etc that you can obtain from a dr in extreme circumstances.
They can be purchased otc in some countries, but really shouldn't be used without medical supervision.

These bowel preps work brilliantly, but may cause unwanted side effects or may be a little aggressive.
Care should be taken if you decide to use them.

There is much information to be found online, and there are several different preps.
They are generally oral solutions that you mix with water.

Some also contain enemas which can be used seperately, but usually in conjunction with the drink.

There are many enemas that work well also that can be purchased otc.

Also, on the topic of eating, dried fruit, whole grains, and nuts like linseed are wonderful.
Sometimes dried prunes work better than the juice.

Eating handfuls throughout the day will help, whilst consuming water.
Freshly squeezed orange/apple/vegetable juice will help with regularity. As will porridge.
These things are important in maintaining a healthy bowel.

It is unlikely you will feel 100% if your bowels aren't working properly.
Constipation can make you feel sluggish and just generally yucky.
There are guides you can find online called Bowel Retraining For Constipation, that are simple yet effective.
It's imperative that you try and get your digestive system back to good health.
If this means consulting with a proffesional, please take the necessary steps.

I wish you well.

Thorough, harm-reductive, helpful

Last edited by iceflame; 17-12-2011 at 05:13. Reason: More information.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:40

23 y/o Female from United States
Roxie should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

Fantasy, my only advice is simple: drink plenty of water. That's the only thing I can think of to help keep regularity, without knowing your diet/etc..

With my personal experience, mainly being opiates, that's the one staple in my diet that caused irregularity with the bowels. Kratom seems to naturally have the effects of opiates, and I'd assume the side effects would be similar. Don't quote me on it, but I think I read somewhere that they classified kratom as an opiate. Whether it is, I doubt it. But I do notice myself being less hydrated when drinking kratom.

When it comes to some of the other methods listed above, I strongly advise against products designed for weight loss, as well as those designed to "force" a bowel movement. Not necessarily for the health aspect of it, but they aren't always the safest things to take. My experience with them is from me being a personal trainer a couple years back, as well as being the dietician for my clients who I trained. I'm no professional, but I'd consult a doctor prior to taking weight loss pills and laxatives. Some I've researched are pretty hard on the body.

Take what you like from it
Old 17-12-2011, 05:56
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5

Kratom works on opiate receptors and has many of the same effects, including constipation, analgesia, etc. If fiber pills, laxatives, and a proper diet do not work, why not try waiting til it wears off, taking a crap, then dosing.

When SWIM takes a maintenance dose of opiates (when addicted, just like kratom will do), he would just take his dose on a schedule, so when he would wake up in the morning, with very minor withdrawal, he would go to the bathroom, before taking his next dose.

If you are not addicted, then you should not experience withdrawals, and timing it should be very easy. It sounds as if there is at least a psychological addiction, even if one refuses to believe they are addicted, and they aren't experiencing physical symptoms. Learning to time the doses to work with one's schedule should be pretty easy if there are no physical symptoms of withdrawal.

Drugs that work on the opiate receptors cause the smooth muscle in the stomach to slow down or stop, causing one's poo to not be pushed through the stomach/intestines, and they tighten the sphincter, which is what is probably causing the trouble. By waiting until it wears off, the system should begin to work properly, so that one can poo, then take the dose, so one can still experience the perceived benefits.

Also, drinking plenty of water is not a bad idea, if that helps to keep one's system working. One can also eat more fruit, and try fruit juices, such as apple or prune juice like another poster mentioned, as that tends to help, as well.

Constructive and Fact Based.
Old 17-12-2011, 06:27
Palladium Member

iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.

CrookedEye makes many excellent points, especially regarding timing/waiting.

I just wanted to add that if you do try this, add a strong and hot coffee to the equation as soon as you wake up.
Take advantage of the body's natural gastrocolic reflex in stimulating intestinal contractions. Their most active time is upon waking.

Large meals with some fat can encourage bowel movements too, when eaten in the morning.

Last edited by iceflame; 17-12-2011 at 09:15.
Old 17-12-2011, 08:58

23 y/o Female from United States
Roxie should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

CrookedEye, what you say makes perfect sense. Odd thing is, I never had an issue with constipation whenever I kept hydrated. Do you think the two may be linked by chance? Not trying to dispute you, just curious

Oh, and Fantasy, what does SWIY's normal diet consist of? May help us properly point out what may be causing the irregularity. And, whether or not it may be diet, kratom, etc.. Just a though.
Old 17-12-2011, 20:41

Thanks evreyone for the responses! I got some better information than expected .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflame View Post
Having blood in your stools is a cause for concern.
It could be from the chronic constipation, possibly hemorrhoids being disturbed.

I just wanted to add that if you do try this, add a strong and hot coffee to the equation as soon as you wake up.
Take advantage of the body's natural gastrocolic reflex in stimulating intestinal contractions. Their most active time is upon waking.

Large meals with some fat can encourage bowel movements too, when eaten in the morning.
Yes I think I have an internal hemorrhoid, but I haven't seen a doctor yet because it seems to be bleeding much less than before. I also forgot to mention that my stools are like hard deer pellets its quite strange, I seem to have to give so much more effort just to go a little bit. I will also try drinking coffee before I go. About the fatty foods, I would think that would create bigger stools right? That sounds even more painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
Fantasy, my only advice is simple: drink plenty of water. That's the only thing I can think of to help keep regularity, without knowing your diet/etc..

With my personal experience, mainly being opiates, that's the one staple in my diet that caused irregularity with the bowels. Kratom seems to naturally have the effects of opiates, and I'd assume the side effects would be similar. Don't quote me on it, but I think I read somewhere that they classified kratom as an opiate. Whether it is, I doubt it. But I do notice myself being less hydrated when drinking kratom.

When it comes to some of the other methods listed above, I strongly advise against products designed for weight loss, as well as those designed to "force" a bowel movement. Not necessarily for the health aspect of it, but they aren't always the safest things to take. My experience with them is from me being a personal trainer a couple years back, as well as being the dietician for my clients who I trained. I'm no professional, but I'd consult a doctor prior to taking weight loss pills and laxatives. Some I've researched are pretty hard on the body.

Take what you like from it
Thanks for the advice Roxie. I've been drinking LOTS of water, with whole bran cereal and Metamucil, but it doesn't seem to be helping stool wise. Before kratom I never worried about what I ate because I never seem to gain wait no matter what I eat, and stools were normal, or atleast it was easy to go and leave the bathroom quickly without pain. I think most of the problem is the hemorrhoid. Once in a while I would have very small traces of blood in my stools, but ever since the hard pellets that arrived with kratom it got worse. I agree with staying away from drugs or anything that forces bowel movements, I've been trying to stick with natural foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedEye View Post
why not try waiting til it wears off, taking a crap, then dosing.

When SWIM takes a maintenance dose of opiates (when addicted, just like kratom will do), he would just take his dose on a schedule, so when he would wake up in the morning, with very minor withdrawal, he would go to the bathroom, before taking his next dose.

Learning to time the doses to work with one's schedule should be pretty easy if there are no physical symptoms of withdrawal.

Thanks Crooked Eye. I have a few questions about the schedule though. The last time I took kratom was two days ago, and I'm still going through the same painful bowel movements as If I would be going through on kratom. It doesn't seem to go away immediately, so I'm not sure how the schedule would work. Also if I wake up in the morning, go to the bathroom, and then dose would that mean I shouldn't eat when I'm on kratom after I dose, because that would just create the painful stools again. Even with drinking all the fiber and water it doesnt seem to help loosen them .

FantasysEctasy added 19 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
CrookedEye, what you say makes perfect sense. Odd thing is, I never had an issue with constipation whenever I kept hydrated. Do you think the two may be linked by chance? Not trying to dispute you, just curious

Oh, and Fantasy, what does SWIY's normal diet consist of? May help us properly point out what may be causing the irregularity. And, whether or not it may be diet, kratom, etc.. Just a though.
Forgot about this. Sorry for the double post. I would love it if I was wrong, but I just can't think of anything that could cause this but kratom. I haven't taken it for 2 days and I still have the same constipation though. I've been eating very healthy lately. Today I had wheat bran, apples, prunes, lots of water bottles with Metamucil in some, juices, and pancakes . I never eat like normal people though. I just eat when I feel I need to. I take adderall for adhd so it kills my appetite. I often end up forcing the food down just because I know I need to eat. I don't think that's the problem, because I've been on adderall for years now, and ate the same way ever since I started it with no problems until now.

Last edited by FantasysEctasy; 17-12-2011 at 20:41. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-12-2011, 23:34

28 y/o Male from United States
FabledHero is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasysEctasy View Post
Thanks evreyone for the responses! I got some better information than expected .

Yes I think I have an internal hemorrhoid, but I haven't seen a doctor yet because it seems to be bleeding much less than before. I also forgot to mention that my stools are like hard deer pellets its quite strange, I seem to have to give so much more effort just to go a little bit. I will also try drinking coffee before I go. About the fatty foods, I would think that would create bigger stools right? That sounds even more painful.

Thanks for the advice Roxie. I've been drinking LOTS of water, with whole bran cereal and Metamucil, but it doesn't seem to be helping stool wise. Before kratom I never worried about what I ate because I never seem to gain wait no matter what I eat, and stools were normal, or atleast it was easy to go and leave the bathroom quickly without pain. I think most of the problem is the hemorrhoid. Once in a while I would have very small traces of blood in my stools, but ever since the hard pellets that arrived with kratom it got worse. I agree with staying away from drugs or anything that forces bowel movements, I've been trying to stick with natural foods.

Thanks Crooked Eye. I have a few questions about the schedule though. The last time I took kratom was two days ago, and I'm still going through the same painful bowel movements as If I would be going through on kratom. It doesn't seem to go away immediately, so I'm not sure how the schedule would work. Also if I wake up in the morning, go to the bathroom, and then dose would that mean I shouldn't eat when I'm on kratom after I dose, because that would just create the painful stools again. Even with drinking all the fiber and water it doesnt seem to help loosen them .

FantasysEctasy added 19 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Forgot about this. Sorry for the double post. I would love it if I was wrong, but I just can't think of anything that could cause this but kratom. I haven't taken it for 2 days and I still have the same constipation though. I've been eating very healthy lately. Today I had wheat bran, apples, prunes, lots of water bottles with Metamucil in some, juices, and pancakes . I never eat like normal people though. I just eat when I feel I need to. I take adderall for adhd so it kills my appetite. I often end up forcing the food down just because I know I need to eat. I don't think that's the problem, because I've been on adderall for years now, and ate the same way ever since I started it with no problems until now.
yeah i have a hemorrhoid it only causes me problems when my stools are hard from lack of water. Drinking water should soften them up which also will help with the constipation as it'll be easier to pass.
Old 18-12-2011, 01:20
Palladium Member

FantasysEctasy...

Re: Large meals with fat content,
The higher volume of stool helps stimulate colon motility and therefore encourages a bowel movement.
Fiber works EXACTLY the same way. To add bulk and softness to the stool.

If you are experiencing "pellets" you aren't eating enough of the right foods.

You need to use both soluble and insoluble fiber.

As for the bowel preparations I mentioned, I do have experience here as an Inflamatory Bowel Disease nurse, and a Crohns Disease patient, and I ask you not to dismiss this suggestion completly.
It most certainly is a last resort, but it is highly effective and oftentimes used as a once off treatment for severe chronic constipation unresponsive to other treatments.

Having said that, if you were to see a physician they may prescribe an antispasmodic/chloride channel activator, aimed to relax and improve the functioning of the smooth muscle of the intestinal system.

Amitiza is one such drug that works by increasing the amount of fluids in the intestines.
These drugs come with more side effects than the bowel preps though.

I can write you a list of foods associated with constipation releif if you wish.
I realise treatments may vary from country to country, but some things are universal.

Helpful, caring advice

Last edited by iceflame; 18-12-2011 at 07:43. Reason: Re: Large meals.
Old 18-12-2011, 07:33
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5

Yeah, sounds like your intestines are not retaining enough water to make your stools soft. I would definitely stick to drinking much more water, and staying hydrated. Fruit juices should help, as well.

I would try and lay off the adderall and the kratom, and let your system repair itself. Adderall can definitely mess with your system a good bit. Perhaps your whole dopamine/endorphin system is messed up from long term use of these addictive drugs, which work on this system. Getting clean, and letting your body/mind recover naturally will probably fix your troubles. I would lay off the highly addictive drugs, and start eating healthy, with a diet high in fresh fruit and vegetables, while drinking plenty of water and fruit juices. I know this may be pretty difficult, but what you are taking (even if you are prescribed adderall) is not healthy to use long term, and is probably why your system is screwed up.

I know I may be going against what a lot of people believe with regards to doctors and pharmaceuticals, but I have a huge distrust of doctors, and pharmaceutical companies. Doctors and big pharma companies are not in the business of curing people. Doctors prescribe drugs to treat symptoms, all to make a profit, they don't have much interest in curing people. Treating symptoms does not ever get to the root of the trouble.

I would try to clean up, possibly try iboga to help repair your system, and beat any addictions you have, but that is something you'd have to want to do, and we can save that for another thread, if you would choose to undertake this task. For now, I would work on doing what I said, as I think when you get on the other side of your addictive drug use, only then will your body begin to work in the proper manner. This is just my opinion, though, so you have to choose what you really want for yourself.
Old 18-12-2011, 08:08
Palladium Member

CrookedEye is correct, you should reconsider taking adderall if you want to alleviate your constipation.

Adderall can cause gastrointestinal complaints.
Infact constipation is at the top of the list of side effects, next to diarrhea and dry mouth.
Old 18-12-2011, 18:11
Silver Member

Male from United States
m000nman is a decent psychonaut.m000nman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

i dont have alot to add, theres already so much helpful info suggested.
but i would say eating grapes. and adding some crushed red pepper or jalapenos to a meal each day. but dont over-do that one..
Old 18-12-2011, 19:00

Quote:
FantasysEctasy...

Re: Large meals with fat content,
The higher volume of stool helps stimulate colon motility and therefore encourages a bowel movement.
Fiber works EXACTLY the same way. To add bulk and softness to the stool.

If you are experiencing "pellets" you aren't eating enough of the right foods.

You need to use both soluble and insoluble fiber.

As for the bowel preparations I mentioned, I do have experience here as an Inflamatory Bowel Disease nurse, and a Crohns Disease patient, and I ask you not to dismiss this suggestion completly.
It most certainly is a last resort, but it is highly effective and oftentimes used as a once off treatment for severe chronic constipation unresponsive to other treatments.

Having said that, if you were to see a physician they may prescribe an antispasmodic/chloride channel activator, aimed to relax and improve the functioning of the smooth muscle of the intestinal system.

Amitiza is one such drug that works by increasing the amount of fluids in the intestines.
These drugs come with more side effects than the bowel preps though.

I can write you a list of foods associated with constipation releif if you wish.
I realise treatments may vary from country to country, but some things are universal.
Thanks Iceflame. The fiber, water, and juices actually did pay off. Stools are much, much softer than before, and not only that but they're a lot more formed. Still a bit pellet shamed but it was all formed together and not just individual pellets ( I know gross :P ). As long as I continue doing what I'm doing I think I will get perfectly regular again. Ill also make sure I'm getting both soluble and insoluble fiber. As for Crohns disease I looked it up and read a bit about it. I will keep it in mind, but I don't believe it's the case. I'm pretty sure I have internal hemorrhoids. I have the symptoms, but from what I read it's not serious yet. I'll look for some treatments and home remedies for that, and if that doesn't fix the problem I'll see a doctor. I'm just hoping my stools get even better to avoid prescription drugs.

FantasysEctasy added 16 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedEye View Post
Yeah, sounds like your intestines are not retaining enough water to make your stools soft. I would definitely stick to drinking much more water, and staying hydrated. Fruit juices should help, as well.

I would try and lay off the adderall and the kratom, and let your system repair itself. Adderall can definitely mess with your system a good bit. Perhaps your whole dopamine/endorphin system is messed up from long term use of these addictive drugs, which work on this system. Getting clean, and letting your body/mind recover naturally will probably fix your troubles. I would lay off the highly addictive drugs, and start eating healthy, with a diet high in fresh fruit and vegetables, while drinking plenty of water and fruit juices. I know this may be pretty difficult, but what you are taking (even if you are prescribed adderall) is not healthy to use long term, and is probably why your system is screwed up.

I know I may be going against what a lot of people believe with regards to doctors and pharmaceuticals, but I have a huge distrust of doctors, and pharmaceutical companies. Doctors and big pharma companies are not in the business of curing people. Doctors prescribe drugs to treat symptoms, all to make a profit, they don't have much interest in curing people. Treating symptoms does not ever get to the root of the trouble.

I would try to clean up, possibly try iboga to help repair your system, and beat any addictions you have, but that is something you'd have to want to do, and we can save that for another thread, if you would choose to undertake this task. For now, I would work on doing what I said, as I think when you get on the other side of your addictive drug use, only then will your body begin to work in the proper manner. This is just my opinion, though, so you have to choose what you really want for yourself.
I agree. Lots of doctors really just throw drugs at you to help hide the true problem instead of fix it. On top of Adderall I also take Effexer for major depressive disorder. I've been taking it for 5 years, and adderall for 3 years. I want to get off of them but I don't think I can ( both are prescribed and taken as prescribed ). I probably can stop adderall quite easily, but Effexer will be a challenge, even if I slowly wean off. If I forget my dose of Effexer, I literally feel like killing everyone around me. I don't want to go back too suicide attempts either, even when I'm off of it. I don't want to be dependent on these forever either. It would be interesting to see how adderall has been affecting my body all this time though.

Last edited by FantasysEctasy; 18-12-2011 at 19:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-12-2011, 19:58
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

"pellet poo" is very common for those on opioids, especially chronic opioid users. It's mostly from dehydration (many chemicals cause dehydration and/or dry mouth to varying degrees - opioids are known to cause this problem and stimulants are ESPECIALLY known for this!).

Keeping your fluid intake up is very important (as you've noticed!). A tablespoon or two of coconut oil before meals is good for various reasons, but the main one you'd be concerned with is lubrication. Also, have enemas been tried? You don't have to do a 'full' enema, but just add a bit of water (maybe a third to half a bottle of those Fleet enemas? get the kind with just saline though! you could even dump the contents out & fill it with plain warm water instead); the goal would be to try to rehydrate some of the stool to make it a bit easier to come out. You could try a bit of lube as well.

Magnesium Citrate is my go-to when I'm backed up. It's sold in most drug stores; it kind of tastes like slightly oily Sprite, but gets worse the more you drink, so try to get it down as quick as possible. I also take stool softeners daily, 2 every morning.

When all else fails, there's manual extraction! This can be painful, though. Also, sometimes it can help to sort of apply pressure around your sphincter while trying to evacuate. Seems to help the fecal matter come out, instead of turtle-ing, if you get my drift.

But diet also plays a huge part! When I eat my veggies, I have less of a problem with constipation. Also, when I eat actual, you know, meals, and more than twice a day, my bowel movements actually move. When I was REALLY sick with bronchitis & REALLY had my fluid intake up (more than a gallon of orange juice cut with water every day!), my bowel movements were the closest to "normal" than I've seen in well over 10 years.

~Kailey
Old 18-12-2011, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
"pellet poo" is very common for those on opioids, especially chronic opioid users. It's mostly from dehydration (many chemicals cause dehydration and/or dry mouth to varying degrees - opioids are known to cause this problem and stimulants are ESPECIALLY known for this!).

Keeping your fluid intake up is very important (as you've noticed!). A tablespoon or two of coconut oil before meals is good for various reasons, but the main one you'd be concerned with is lubrication. Also, have enemas been tried? You don't have to do a 'full' enema, but just add a bit of water (maybe a third to half a bottle of those Fleet enemas? get the kind with just saline though! you could even dump the contents out & fill it with plain warm water instead); the goal would be to try to rehydrate some of the stool to make it a bit easier to come out. You could try a bit of lube as well.

Magnesium Citrate is my go-to when I'm backed up. It's sold in most drug stores; it kind of tastes like slightly oily Sprite, but gets worse the more you drink, so try to get it down as quick as possible. I also take stool softeners daily, 2 every morning.

When all else fails, there's manual extraction! This can be painful, though. Also, sometimes it can help to sort of apply pressure around your sphincter while trying to evacuate. Seems to help the fecal matter come out, instead of turtle-ing, if you get my drift.

But diet also plays a huge part! When I eat my veggies, I have less of a problem with constipation. Also, when I eat actual, you know, meals, and more than twice a day, my bowel movements actually move. When I was REALLY sick with bronchitis & REALLY had my fluid intake up (more than a gallon of orange juice cut with water every day!), my bowel movements were the closest to "normal" than I've seen in well over 10 years.

~Kailey
Good information here . Are enemas safe when you have a hemorrhoid? I have never tried it, but it sounds quite effective. I tried magnesium citrate a bit back and it worked quite well, so I think I'm going to pick that up and see how it helps. Even if I eat even more healthy and take lots more fiber and drink lots of water and juices do you think I'll still be constipated while on kratom?
Old 18-12-2011, 22:00
Palladium Member

FantasysEctacy,

I meant I have Crohns hunny, definately not you, just for the record.

Enemas are perfectly safe if you have hemorrhoids, the only time they aren't reccomended is if you have a bowel obstruction. I mentioned enemas earlier.

There are many to choose from, fleet enemas as Kailey mentioned, also there natural/fruit based enemas, and the ones designed to remove all fecal matter, like bowel preps.

If the diet change is working, stick with that.

Last edited by iceflame; 23-12-2011 at 06:43. Reason: More information.
Old 18-12-2011, 22:11
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

You don't want to take lots & lots of fiber when you're actively constipated, because that just makes it worse. Once you are no longer backed up, then start the fiber, etc.

I've been on opioids daily for the majority of the last 10+ years. I drink lots of fluids (it's watered-down juice for me & herbal tea - that is, after my morning cups of coffee!), make sure to have vegetables with lunch & dinner, take stool softeners daily, mix a tablespoon of coconut oil into something I'm eating at least once a day. Often I still have "pellet poo", but I still have a movement daily, so I don't worry about it too much. Sometimes I still get constipated (usually if I slack on the veggies & fluids); generally a warm water enema works well enough for me to help things move along & occasionally I have to bring out the big guns, mag citrate.

If you can keep to a regular schedule, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to overcome the majority of the constipation issues. Technically, pellets are still considered a form of constipation, but fuck 'em - if I go every day & don't feel bloated, I'll call it good.

Some people are just more sensitive to the constipating effects of opioids. Were I more sensitive, I'd probably keep the fluid intake up (a good way of doing this is to either fill some container that you know holds XXX ounces & make sure to fill it & drain it daily. Or get a travel mug & figure out how many times you'd need to drain whatever fluid's in there to reach your fluid goal - my goal is a gallon a day), take a stool softener twice a day, eat lots of veggies, and (so long as I wasn't actively constipated) have some of that fiber junk at every meal, or at least lunch & dinner. Benefiber is supposed to be good, and can allegedly be mixed into any drink & not be detected. Avoid caffeine (well, except for the morning, as it might help you 'move'), as it's dehydrating.

In regards to the hemorrhoids, I also have at least one internal one (which I think developed due to poor diet, as it was during a long drug-free period in my life). It rarely gives me trouble anymore (maybe it shrunk?), but a small warm water enema (hold in as long as possible for maximum potential absorption) shouldn't be too damaging. You can get some Witch Hazel at the drugstore & use a cotton ball or bit of gauze to pat it on your bum to help with the pain (that's basically what's in the Preparation H wipes). Lube can also help; you could add some olive oil or coconut oil to the enema to see if that helps once it does start moving. I've done this, but couldn't tell you if it made a whole lot of difference. *LOL* But I'd do it again if I became constipated for more than a couple days.

Also, warm beverages seem to help, though I'm not sure why. I like to have a hot cup of tea in the evenings. Could be psychosomatic, but if it works, who cares?

~Kailey

Thoughtful and helpful advice throught the thread.
Old 19-12-2011, 06:23
Palladium Member

Kailey is correct that you don't need to over do it with fiber.
Slowly increasing the fiber is the key.

As a nurse I recommend my patients increase their dietry fiber intake to 20 -25 grams every 1 - 3 days. Not any sooner.
As this can cause discomfort.

As I mentioned in a previous post, there's much information regarding Constipation Bowel Retraining, I suggest you have a look via Google.
If only for future references.
There's a multitude of information that you will find that would really enable you to be proactive in regards to bowel health.

Last edited by iceflame; 19-12-2011 at 06:38.
Old 21-12-2011, 03:45

Male from United States
Ralliart420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1

Citrucel or any other kind of fiber supplements...if it hasn't been said already I'd be surprised, but the first few responses I read didn't mention it. If you've ever gotten a legal script for any kind of opiate the doctor (or at least mine) should tell you that you should take fiber or eat thing rich in fiber to counteract the side effect of constipation. I know kratom it's not exactly the same as a conventional opiate but it works for the constipation just as well. Also if you are withdrawing then it will help with diarrhea too. I've never withdrew from kratom but have for sure with opiates I had been prescribed and it works for either. I'd definitely recommend Citrucel a shot. Hope that helps, constipation is the worst.

Why dont you just read the entire thread, its very short. Then you will know whats been said.
Old 21-12-2011, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
You don't want to take lots & lots of fiber when you're actively constipated, because that just makes it worse. Once you are no longer backed up, then start the fiber, etc.

I've been on opioids daily for the majority of the last 10+ years. I drink lots of fluids (it's watered-down juice for me & herbal tea - that is, after my morning cups of coffee!), make sure to have vegetables with lunch & dinner, take stool softeners daily, mix a tablespoon of coconut oil into something I'm eating at least once a day. Often I still have "pellet poo", but I still have a movement daily, so I don't worry about it too much. Sometimes I still get constipated (usually if I slack on the veggies & fluids); generally a warm water enema works well enough for me to help things move along & occasionally I have to bring out the big guns, mag citrate.

If you can keep to a regular schedule, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to overcome the majority of the constipation issues. Technically, pellets are still considered a form of constipation, but fuck 'em - if I go every day & don't feel bloated, I'll call it good.

Some people are just more sensitive to the constipating effects of opioids. Were I more sensitive, I'd probably keep the fluid intake up (a good way of doing this is to either fill some container that you know holds XXX ounces & make sure to fill it & drain it daily. Or get a travel mug & figure out how many times you'd need to drain whatever fluid's in there to reach your fluid goal - my goal is a gallon a day), take a stool softener twice a day, eat lots of veggies, and (so long as I wasn't actively constipated) have some of that fiber junk at every meal, or at least lunch & dinner. Benefiber is supposed to be good, and can allegedly be mixed into any drink & not be detected. Avoid caffeine (well, except for the morning, as it might help you 'move'), as it's dehydrating.

In regards to the hemorrhoids, I also have at least one internal one (which I think developed due to poor diet, as it was during a long drug-free period in my life). It rarely gives me trouble anymore (maybe it shrunk?), but a small warm water enema (hold in as long as possible for maximum potential absorption) shouldn't be too damaging. You can get some Witch Hazel at the drugstore & use a cotton ball or bit of gauze to pat it on your bum to help with the pain (that's basically what's in the Preparation H wipes). Lube can also help; you could add some olive oil or coconut oil to the enema to see if that helps once it does start moving. I've done this, but couldn't tell you if it made a whole lot of difference. *LOL* But I'd do it again if I became constipated for more than a couple days.

Also, warm beverages seem to help, though I'm not sure why. I like to have a hot cup of tea in the evenings. Could be psychosomatic, but if it works, who cares?

~Kailey
Very helpful . I have been eating a lot better and drinking more water, but I feel the stool softeners are helping the most. After I upped my dose it seems to actually be working now. I take 2-3 dulcolax when I'm done with kratom for the day and I'm able to go easier, and daily. It doesn't make me go, it just makes it easier to go.Like on the commercial . I know it's a stimulant laxative and I heard your bowels can become dependent to move on them, so I just don't dose on Kratom everyday so I won't have to take dulcolax to go everyday. And wow I don't think I could drink a whole gallon of water a day, that's a lot for me .

FantasysEctasy added 5 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Quote:
Kailey is correct that you don't need to over do it with fiber.
Slowly increasing the fiber is the key.

As a nurse I recommend my patients increase their dietry fiber intake to 20 -25 grams every 1 - 3 days. Not any sooner.
As this can cause discomfort.

As I mentioned in a previous post, there's much information regarding Constipation Bowel Retraining, I suggest you have a look via Google.
If only for future references.
There's a multitude of information that you will find that would really enable you to be proactive in regards to bowel health.
I think I take about 20-25 throughout 3 days. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by FantasysEctasy; 21-12-2011 at 20:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-12-2011, 21:52
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
assholery is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2

Avoid processed foods (little nutrient value and fiber)
Drink lots of water
Slowly increase your fiber intake (psyllium capsules, hemp seed shakes)
Get your probiotics! (either from yogurt or a daily pill)

Whenever I am clogged stimulants like coke or meth clean me out. Cigarettes do too. Not healthy advice but when you're desperate...

Last edited by assholery; 21-12-2011 at 21:53. Reason: spelling

Share this on:

Tags
7-hydroxymitragynine, constipation, hemorrhoids, kratom, kratom constipation, kratom side effects, mitragyna speciosa, mitragynine