Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 16-12-2011, 02:56

Male from United States
clownfool is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
How long of daily use until withdrawals come

Swim was taking around 20g of bali kratom about every other day for about a week. Then the 6 days following the every other day, swim took around 28g (14g in the morning/ 14g at night) of bali kratom every day for 6 days, then quit for a day, and had no physical or mental withdrawals. I was surprised. I thought for sure I would have withdrawals.

Is everyone different?

How long does it take to have the physical withdrawals.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:19
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: How long of daily use until withdrawals come

Everyone is different.
One thing though, i never felt withdrawal symptoms untill the second day, maybe you should try taking a few days off.

Some people have reported using low doses for a year with no symptoms of addiction, or very mild and short lasting withdrawals.
some people have reported significant withdrawals after only a short period of use.

When i started using kratom i would take 15-20 grams a day as a tea. I did this for maybe 3 months, using every day. when i stopped i went about a week, because i had no access to any, and i noticed no withdrawals.

Then i used kratom for another 3 months and when i stopped again i suffered with very intense withdrawals which really shocked me. This was several years ago and kratom was still pretty new to the scene and most information available, from vendors, was that it was not really addictive and locals in thailand had been using it for years blah blah blah.

6 days might not be enough, but you are using a large dose and chances are if you continue to use it as you are now then you will start to notice not only withdrawals when you stop but also that the nice effects such as the euphoria will fade.

Today is week 10 for me without kratom, thats not including a 4 week taper which helped me avoid most of the withdrawals. This was in an attempt to get kratom working for me again as all the positive effects had stopped and i was left taking it to feel norman for a few hours before i started feeling irritable and depressed.
I had previously taken 6 weeks off and even that was not log enough to get any euphoria back, so if you intend to continue using kratom and want the fun to last then you need to start using it more responsibly.

I would recomend keeping its use to once or twice a week.
Never use extracts or enhanced leaf products.

Try cutting down your dose. Many people are supprised that they can take less and get the same effects. If you start out with a big dose you tend to push it higher and presume you have to keep taking more.
Not only will taking at least 3 days off in between doses keep addiction at bay it will also keep tolerence down.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great advice, and pain conscious counsel. The typo about "feeling norman" was also amusing. Sorry.... great post, Ian as I've come to expect from you.
Great advice, I especially like the length of use and dosage info
Great detailed info, really a must-read for any kratom novice.
Old 16-12-2011, 19:33

29 y/o Male from United States
FantasysEctasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Personally, I wouldn't know if I get withdrawals because I always slowly taper off of it when I feel like taking a break. Aslong as you properly taper off of it, withdrawals won't be a problem. This goes for just about anything.
Old 16-03-2012, 15:12

Female from United States
amandac is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Maybe you can help me. I am ready to quit! I feel that tapering off would be the best way but how do you taper off from smoking 3 grams a day? I smoke out of a bowl...so whats the best way to do this??? I smoked two bowls an hour ago and really the crap doesnt even get me high anymore. And to go three days without smoking is horrible and I have kids at home so I have to try and maintain some sort in sanity through this. Thank you for any help you can send my way!
Old 16-03-2012, 16:34

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

You smoke kratom?

Did it ever get you high?
What type do you smoke?

I cant imagine there being any withdrawals from smoking it, kratoms alkaloids are unlikely to do much when burned.
I know people on certain sites talk of 'burning' kratom, but thats because they are not permitted to discuss eating/drinking it due to it being sold as 'incense'

I have heard of maybe one other person who smoked it, but they did so out of ignorance and when they actually learnt to eat it or make a tea with it they said they could not compare the effects from these methods to the mild placebo effects from smoking.

Please give us more info, its always interesting to hear about people doing strange/different stuff with kratom.
Old 16-03-2012, 19:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5
Activity: 10.8% Activity: 10.8% Activity: 10.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
You smoke kratom?

Did it ever get you high?
What type do you smoke?

I cant imagine there being any withdrawals from smoking it, kratoms alkaloids are unlikely to do much when burned.
I know people on certain sites talk of 'burning' kratom, but thats because they are not permitted to discuss eating/drinking it due to it being sold as 'incense'

I have heard of maybe one other person who smoked it, but they did so out of ignorance and when they actually learnt to eat it or make a tea with it they said they could not compare the effects from these methods to the mild placebo effects from smoking.

Please give us more info, its always interesting to hear about people doing strange/different stuff with kratom.
SWIM tried smoking kratom once and it gave them a weird buzz. Not 100% sure if it's placebo or not though since SWIM only tried once due to the horrible taste of the smoke.
Old 17-03-2012, 18:01
Titanium Member

Female from United States
Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Sorry for veering a bit off topic here, but I find the mention of smoking kratom (with effects, no less) very interesting. I know that a "big box shaman shop" sells a fairly popular smoking blend in which kratom is one of the three ingredients. I always wondered if this was effective to smoke since I have heard countless people say otherwise. I'd love to hear more, amandac. Can you share more please?
Old 18-03-2012, 13:44

38 y/o Male from Ireland

After looking at Amandac's profile it wouldseem that they were talking about smoking blends containing canabinoids (spice) and not kratom and they just posted in the wrong section.
Old 18-03-2012, 14:20
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I actually get more withdrawal effects with kratom vs hydrocodone, specifically achy legs and fatigue only after a few days of use.

Everyone is different I guess.
Old 19-03-2012, 13:43
Silver Member

Female from Earth
raek is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

I've heard some people say that withdrawals can end up coming on the 2nd or 3rd day for some people. I personally feel lousy for 3 days after even 2 days in a row. Drowsiness, sleep like 16 hours a night, depression, no energy, cold sweats.... Guess it all depends on the person
Old 20-03-2012, 19:50
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
alanko007 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

SWIM has been a regular user for the past 3 months.
He has been using Maeng Da kratom (cca. 5grams) every other day. SWIM takes a break every 3 weeks to get his tolerance down (5-10days). During these breaks the only WDs SWIM feels are: mild stool problems, depression, mild RLS, flu-like symptoms and fatigue. These usually last only for a few hours on the first/second day without kratom and afterwards, SWIM feels absolutely fine.

SWIM finds the variety of experiences regarding WDs from kratom very strange. The withdrawals from opiates/opiods/opiod-acting substances usually aren't different no matter who has them.
Old 17-05-2014, 20:40

Male from United States
deacon777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

How many grams of Kratom is in a tablespoon.

deacon777 added 2 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

How many grams of Kratom are in a tablespoon. Thanks.

Last edited by deacon777; 17-05-2014 at 20:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-05-2014, 20:29

38 y/o Male from Ireland

It is impossible to tell.
Are you talking about a proper measuring tablespoon, how finely powdered is your kratom, all this and more will make the result different each time.
Buy a digital scale, that is the only way to correctly weigh anything.
A tablespoon could hold a couple of grams or it might hold half an ounce depending on different factors.
Old 20-05-2014, 02:43

20 y/o Male from United States
OldeEnglish40oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I have never "really" experienced withdrawals like others have.

For the past 6-7 months I have been taking about 20-30 (30 on high end) grams a day, no breaks. My original vendor closed down a couple weeks ago. While researching for a new vendor, I was out of Kratom for a whole week.

I did have a coffee like "withdrawal". The first full day of no Kratom, I had a slight headache which was defeated by taking some ibuprofen In about an hour or two, nothing major. I also felt a bit tired the first full day, and the 2nd day. A cup of coffee pretty much fixed that.

Everyone Is different, and I'm happy I didn't have the same withdrawals that others have experienced
Old 20-05-2014, 04:47

26 y/o Male from Peru
enhu needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

If you don't take much as 30 grams that may not lead you to withdrawals but you will be tolerant to this particular strain in a week. so you beter have more than 3 strains on stock.
Old 30-05-2014, 00:39

Male from United States
ano69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeEnglish40oz View Post
I have never "really" experienced withdrawals like others have.

For the past 6-7 months I have been taking about 20-30 (30 on high end) grams a day, no breaks. My original vendor closed down a couple weeks ago. While researching for a new vendor, I was out of Kratom for a whole week.

I did have a coffee like "withdrawal". The first full day of no Kratom, I had a slight headache which was defeated by taking some ibuprofen In about an hour or two, nothing major. I also felt a bit tired the first full day, and the 2nd day. A cup of coffee pretty much fixed that.

Everyone Is different, and I'm happy I didn't have the same withdrawals that others have experienced
I'm new but thought I'd share my experience, it's similar to yours.

I'd actually been using it daily for a few years, but a bit less than you (probably in the area of 10-12g/day, all in the evening) and needed to stop cold turkey because I was going out of town. Stopped about five days before the trip and my main symptoms were just fatigue (coffee helped somewhat) and mild diarrhea for a few days. Not exactly pleasant but overall pretty mild, I was fine by the time the trip came outside of lingering (but very mild) stomach upset. Never really had RLS or body aches.

So in my case, I'd say it was probably not much worse than caffeine withdrawal, except with loose stools (rather than constipation) and slightly more fatigue. However, I could definitely see the w/ds being worse for someone who used 20g+/day, especially if they used it in the morning.

Nonetheless, I'd rather not have to deal with that again so I decided to lower things to 5-8g/day and take at least two days off a week, I figure avoiding w/d (or at least significant ones) and saving a few bucks are both worthwhile. Took a few days off last week and the only real symptoms were (again) fatigue and very very mild stomach upset (no diarrhea though). I should mention that I have no history of using opiates/opioids other than Kratom so that may be a factor, from what I've seen w/ds seem to be quite a bit worse in people with prior opiate use.

Everybody is different, but the moral of my story was to be responsible and (for goodness sake) take days off regularly.
Old 11-06-2014, 20:46

Female from Earth
kittyG is an unknown quantity at this point

Would it be ideal to use Kratom for 1 week then stop for 1 week to avoid any kind of withdawls or possible addiction? Reason being swim is on day 2 using Kratom to treat withdrawals from Norco. Swim was using Percocet and then went to Norco 6-8 per day for 1 yr. Then decided to taper down and made to 3 per day just to reduce intense withdrawal before jumping ship. Swim is using ultra Red Indo very long lasting and it's a life saver no signs of withdrawal from the opiates at all, just in the morning but very dull leg cramps. Swim doesn't want to use Kratom longer than needed once withdrawals have passed, unless needed for other things, such as a little pick me up or menstrual cramps.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 11-06-2014, 20:50

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Take the minimum amount of kratom required to help with the withdrawals, don't set times to take it but go as long as you can between doses.
Its not as simple as taking kratom for a week and then stopping. As there will be some cross tolerance you might just go back into withdrawals after a week of use.

Take the smallest amount you can for as long as it takes, slowly reduce the amount as much as possible and continue taking as long as possible between doses.

I have no idea what 'ultra red indo' is, is it plain kratom or some sort of enhanced kratom (like Ultra Enhanced Indo)
Old 13-06-2014, 01:09

Female from Earth
kittyG is an unknown quantity at this point

Under the description it says: This is not our normal Premium Red Indo, our Ultra Red Indo boasts 2% Mitragynine which is very hard to find in a plain leaf.

Do not quote from vendor sites, this breaks the source discussion rule.

Share this on:

Tags
7-hydroxymitragynine, analgesic, kratom, mitragyna speciosa, mitragynine, mitraphylline, taper, withdrawal, withdrawals