Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > General Addiction discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

General Addiction discussion General Addiction discussion

View Poll Results: Which do you think is the most addictive?
Crack 268 18.75%
Heroin 763 53.39%
Meth 398 27.85%
Voters: 1429. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011, 06:44
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Addictiveness Compared: Crack vs. Heroin vs. Meth

Taking a survey/poll here: Which do you think is the most addictive? - crack, heroin, or meth?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting question / thread starter
great poll led to some really informative responses. thanks
Really interesting question, especially given that its likely dependent on individual experiences
Old 12-12-2011, 07:13
Titanium Member

Female from United States
hypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way up
Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Re: Addictiveness Compared: Crack vs. Heroin vs. Meth

If I were to take a hit of crack right now, I would need another hit until I passed out. When I woke up, I would be fine (not needing a hit of crack).

If I shot smack right now, I'd be good for 4 hours, go to bed, and wake up probably thinking about smack.

If I did meth I'd be up for 3 days with a generic shit buzz. When I finally went to sleep and wake up, I'd be baffled as to why I did that?

So, for me it would be smack!
Old 20-12-2011, 08:59
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

For me, its methamphetamine, hands down.
I have used also heroin and crack, but crack was too short lived, and heroin was a downer and gave me that "I am not in control" feeling, which I hate. I did not become addicted to either, even though I had heard the "try it once and you're hooked" propaganda, so thought I might.
So meth would be most addictive for me because it gave me the feelings I wanted. Thats exactly why it is addicting.
I am sure it is the same for nearly everyone, if the drug one is addicted to didn't give a preferred high, what would be the point in using it again?

Old 20-12-2011, 11:03
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

swim will have to say meth definitely. Sassyspy makes a good point, for me its not the chemical properties that get me addicted, its the love of the high. SWIM could never be addicted to crack, I cant stand feeling good one second and shit the next... And also like sassyspy, swim prefers uppers to downers...

The main reason SWIM is addicted to meth, is the fact that he stays up forever, and its a very good bang for your buck.. $80 will get SWIM a nice 4, 5 day journey. Plus it makes swim feel efficient, rather than retarded like crack, or "gone" like down.
Plus SWIM loves the boost in artistic creativity.. down does that too... but crack eghh... SWIM cant even listen to music on crack, just doesnt care about anything... SWIMS only done it a few times and has no desire for it. Same with heroin, though if SWIM didnt have any meth, I'm sure he'd turn to some alternative... most likely down. You cant go from meth, to a less effective stimulant (meth being the king of stims).. it just simply wont be the same.. So SWIM figures lol, might as well go for the king of the complete opposite. H... Whatever fucks swim up I suppose... meths doing a stellar job of that..
Old 20-12-2011, 13:31
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Insomniacsdream is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Crack has always seemed pretty tame compaired to how the media portray it. Cheap smokeable coke with very little difference in effect except an instant hit. Heroine is the devil when your hooked its all you care about, and thankfully I have no experience with meth.
Old 23-12-2011, 19:44
Silver Member

Female from United States
The_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way up
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

I suppose it is a matter of personal preference, but for me it would be meth because i don't care for opiates in general unless i am in pain, and i have never used crack cocaine, but i find regular cocaine to be annoyingly short-lived.

I am pretty sure if i had unlimited time and money i could have a problem with any drug, though. I just love to be fucked up. I would be scared to death to even try heroin, but back in my heyday im sure i would have tried crack if it had been offered to me just to see what it was like.

I can relate so well to the last part
Old 23-12-2011, 21:29
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

meth didn't do shit for me, and amphetamines in general are just.... average. No real euphoria
Heroin's my (ex)wife, so that's a potent addiction, even a love affair if you will. Intricate and variable

But when it comes up to primeval addiction, crack takes the prize. Smoke a hit, and the only thing you want is another hit. Repeat until your broke. It's a fucked up drug. An awesome drug, but one of them things that are "too good".
Old 23-12-2011, 22:31
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
assholery is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2

I haven't tried crack. I love snorting cocaine. I found freebasing the stuff was rather dissapointing.

Out of meth and heroin, meth is definitely more addcting for me. I've only done it thrice but still I cleaned the pipe for like 5 hours or something looking to smoke just a little more.

Heroin I either don't smoke enough to feel it (cause i'm not that great at chasing the dragon), or I smoke enough to feel it but it pisses me off cause 1. i'm throwing up and 2. i'm not in control....all i can do is lay down on the bed.
Old 01-01-2012, 22:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Teknicality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

With crack the urge to redose really drives the addictive potential imo. Heroin when smoked gives effects although they are bland and unappealing, extremely high potential for addiction through intravenous usage. The closest to meth having been some dodgy rolls, not found out to be meth.
Old 03-01-2012, 00:47
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3

This poll in useless. Each of those drugs will grab you by your spine and hold on until either you die or your self destructive behavior dies.

The irony is that none of these drugs compare to what I consider the ultimately addictive drugs - benzos, barbs, and alcohol. Not only will these drugs steal your soul like Crack/Meth/H, but they can steal your fucking LIFE when you STOP. Some of the only drugs that can kill you from not using them.... Gabaergic drugs are no fucking joke, so don't think they're less "hard" than street drugs just because they're more socially accepted.

Very good point there, not many people understands this
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
RobertT is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I thought heroin right off the bat because I'm a recovering heroin addict (that's not too incriminating is it?). Then I read some responses and it's true, any drug you do too much of is gonna git'cha. Crack gets you right up front. Smoke buy more repeat till the money is gone. Heroin, takes you to another dimension and by the time you realize you left ours, you got a habbit and have degraded yourself and done just about everything you said you would never do for drugs. Meth is a whole different beast from what I'm reading seeing, you can snort, smoke, shoot, eat, drink it and days later, you are out of money and in a meth coma, not waking up for 24-48 hours.

What's the most addictive one? The answer is YES
Old 26-01-2012, 12:12

Male from Canada
war209 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 637, Level: 3 Points: 637, Level: 3 Points: 637, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeru View Post
Taking a survey/poll here: Which do you think is the most addictive? - crack, heroin, or meth?
I would say heroin it is the most potent drug out there .If you want pure bliss you shoot up heroin .I has a dark site that the tolerance goes up and you feel very sick when not high.

Next would be meth it has horrible withdrawals and cravings .Also the high on meth is longer than crack so more people will abuse it.

Has for people that love pleasure keep in mind cocaine ,crack or meth is not opium base so I never understood why people would try it in the first place
Old 28-01-2012, 21:08
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.

Meth - makes nez's happy mask use until he is completely messed up... puking/passing out, but after sleep it does not make him want to use again.

Crack - Too short lived, doesnt make him want to use again, to him it seems like a waste of money

Heroin - well, hes been addicted to this one from all 3 of them so definitely heroin is most addicting. To nez at least.
Old 28-01-2012, 21:19
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.
Points: 974, Level: 4 Points: 974, Level: 4 Points: 974, Level: 4
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I have experience with all three drugs, I never had a problem with crack or meth. I was able to use both strictly recreationaly and never formed a habit. However, the first time I snorted a bag of dope, it was off to the tracks.

At least for myself, heroin is the most addictive.
Old 28-01-2012, 21:45
Silver Member

no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up

My other post didn't really give much besides my opinion that all three drugs are incredibly addictive. I never injected any drug myself (got ativan a couple times for panic attacks, but I was too terrified to think about enjoying it) and that definitely influences my views.

Crack - short acting and extremely dopaminergic, this makes for a drug that you will literally do until you give yourself a heart attack. Once you get hooked you will likely have destroyed your self image so thouroghly that you can't even remember what it was like before you met your new master.

Meth - this is one of those drugs that you might not even enjoy that much, but it will still have you thinking about doing it constantly. You'll stay up for days on end doing nothing and thinking about nothing but meth. Eventually you will lose your grip on reality as lack of sleep and massive amounts of dopamine/norepinephrine/adrenaline pound on your neurons. Through all that horror you will hate yourself for constantly doing more meth, but once you wake up the very first thing you'll think about is your new master.

Heroin - The thread is full of people showing how crazy addictive this substance is. Of all the opiates this one seems to have just the right combination of effects to make it far scarier than morphine or good old opium. The idea of quitting becomes the most horrifying thing you can imagine. You'll spend every last cent trying to keep yourself feeling normal, and you've long ago lost the ability to enjoy your high. If you're lucky you'll avoid picking up aids or hep once you start slamming, not to mention injection site infections, and a seriously weakened imune system.

imo they are all equally fucked, and truly some of the worst drugs on the planet in terms of how dangerous they are to your mental and physical health.
Old 28-01-2012, 22:40

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by no eff eks View Post
My other post didn't really give much besides my opinion that all three drugs are incredibly addictive. I never injected any drug myself (got ativan a couple times for panic attacks, but I was too terrified to think about enjoying it) and that definitely influences my views.

Crack - short acting and extremely dopaminergic, this makes for a drug that you will literally do until you give yourself a heart attack. Once you get hooked you will likely have destroyed your self image so thouroghly that you can't even remember what it was like before you met your new master.

What do you mean by dopaminergic?

I think cocaine ,crack or meth is overrated.If you a pleasure seeker or like alcohol or smoking pot well you will be very disapoited doing cocaine ,crack or meth it does not have that type of high.
Old 28-01-2012, 23:42
Silver Member

Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with feelings of pleasure, happiness, and excitement. If a drug is +dopaminergic it is likely to be very mentally addictive. Examples would be cocaine, meth, cigarettes, marijuana, opiates, etc... to varying degrees, the strongest being cocaine in that group afaik though meth would be very close.

I'm sure there's lots of info on this forum about dopamine and dopaminergic drugs. Just utfse
Old 02-02-2012, 21:41

Male from Canada

Quote:
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with feelings of pleasure, happiness, and excitement. If a drug is +dopaminergic it is likely to be very mentally addictive. Examples would be cocaine, meth, cigarettes, marijuana, opiates, etc... to varying degrees, the strongest being cocaine in that group afaik though meth would be very close.

I'm sure there's lots of info on this forum about dopamine and dopaminergic drugs. Just utfse

cocaine, meth, cigarettes or crack is not dopaminergic do they are upper drug aka stimulant drugs.

This statement is absolutely, completely, and utterly FALSE. Cocaine, nicotine & methamphetamine are most certainly dopaminergenic substances!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by war209 View Post
cocaine, meth, cigarettes or crack is not dopaminergic do they are upper drug aka stimulant drugs.
Yes, most strong stimulant drugs are dopaminergic. Cocaine's high is provided by strong dopamine reuptake inhibition, meth is a potent dopamine releasing agent, and cigarette smoke contains MAOIs which lead to an increase in dopamine levels (among other things).

Almost all seriously addictive drugs are dopaminergic. The information is right on this website, or a simple wikipedia search on dopamine would suffice. I'll stop derailing the thread now, sorry.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:59

Male from Canada

Quote:
Yes, most strong stimulant drugs are dopaminergic. Cocaine's high is provided by strong dopamine reuptake inhibition, meth is a potent dopamine releasing agent, and cigarette smoke contains MAOIs which lead to an increase in dopamine levels (among other things).

Almost all seriously addictive drugs are dopaminergic. The information is right on this website, or a simple wikipedia search on dopamine would suffice. I'll stop derailing the thread now, sorry.

Read this thread here http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...74#post1084974

Called Is meth ,crack and cocaine over rated .

Than we can talk about it there and keep this thread on topic.
Old 07-02-2012, 21:29
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from USA - New York
JoeUser is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1

Chemically, crack and meth are top dogs in addiction potential. Crack releases a flood of dopamine into the brain all at once and being so short lived (~5m) the user has a strong urge to redose. Meth as well releases a flood of dopamine, more dopamine than could ever be released naturally so psychologically, when you think of a "good time" after trying meth, it will always top the brain's list of things that feel good.

Heroin is really the devil. You don't feel its addiction until it's too late and by that time, the cell door has long been shut. Heroin changes people unlike any other substance in my humble opinion.

She gets my vote.
Old 09-02-2012, 20:05
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by war209 View Post
Are you joking? Seriously? They *directly* act on the dopamine receptors - that's (one of) the very definition of "dopaminergic"! I know this is lazy, but it most easily serves our purposes here, so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Dopaminergic means related to the neurotransmitter dopamine...Lastly, any endogenous or exogenous chemical substance which acts to affect dopamine receptors or dopamine release through indirect actions (for example, on neurons that synapse onto neurons that release dopamine or express dopamine receptors) can also be said to have dopaminergic effects, two prominent examples being opioids which enhance dopamine release indirectly in the reward pathways, and amphetamines, which enhance dopamine release directly by binding to, and inhibiting VMAT2.
Please, research things a bit more before posting; I don't even understand how someone could state that a dopamine reuptake inhibitor is *not* dopaminergic. *mind boggles*

~Kailey
Old 10-02-2012, 03:29
Silver Member

Male from United States
Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

the Good Doctor votes for Heroin, Only because Oxycodone is not in poll.
Narcotics are Much more Physically Habitual over long term use, than Stimulants.
You get some Crack & use it till it's gone, you can't get more... No big deal.
You start using Opiates for a few months & can't get more... it is a Big Deal.
Just my 2 cents worth.
PEACE!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:51
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
Gutterballz is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as the physical addiction, heroin takes the cake. Crack is the fiendiest of the three, and Meth is the more cunning of the three because at first, you feel enhanced before all is lost.
If this was a survey based method of administration, iv Coke is the winner from friends experience.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeUser View Post
Chemically, crack and meth are top dogs in addiction potential. Crack releases a flood of dopamine into the brain all at once and being so short lived (~5m) the user has a strong urge to redose. Meth as well releases a flood of dopamine, more dopamine than could ever be released naturally so psychologically, when you think of a "good time" after trying meth, it will always top the brain's list of things that feel good.

Heroin is really the devil. You don't feel its addiction until it's too late and by that time, the cell door has long been shut. Heroin changes people unlike any other substance in my humble opinion.

She gets my vote.
Quote:
Are you joking? Seriously? They *directly* act on the dopamine receptors - that's (one of) the very definition of "dopaminergic"! I know this is lazy, but it most easily serves our purposes here, so:
For both posters above and other people here yes I know meth , cocaine and crack will cause the brain to release dopamine and this will feel good .But what I was trying to say is that meth , cocaine and crack is upper aka stimulant it makes you wired like superman you walk fast ,move fast ,talk fast, feel you can take on the world , you are very social and talkative.

Where pain killers ,opium ,morphine, fentanyl, oxycodone and heroin you are drowsy and sort of nodding off looking space out well you are sitting on the couch looking very much space out.

Also pain killers ,opium ,morphine, fentanyl, oxycodone causes the brain to release more dopamine than meth , cocaine and crack .

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, addiction, cocaine, crack, crack cocaine, drug addiction, drugs, heroin, methamphetamine, recovery, smack