Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 10-12-2011, 21:08

Male from United States
razorbaq is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Took 2mg of xanax Now have to take a hair follicle test

I had an old prescription of Xanax from a long time ago that I only take when what I was prescribed them for occurs(TMJ). Well about every year I have this problem and I took 2mg of them about two months ago. It was my last two so not thinking I just threw the empty bottle away. Now I find out I must take a hair follicle test at work. I havent took anything for about a year before this, So my question is will this little of an amout actually show up on the test? And if it does I wonder if I can go to the dentist that prescribed me these could write a note saying he had actually prescribed me these at one time. I understand that alot of hair follicle test dont test for benzos, But I heard from hear say that they do test for benzos on this test.
Old 10-12-2011, 21:20
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6
Re: Took 2mg of xanax Now have to take a hair follicle test

Short answer? No it will not show up. Xanax is one of the fast-acting benzodiazepines, and easily excreted in urine.
Most information taken from wiki.

The following was found by conducting a Drugs-forum search:
"MDMA is detectable with hair tests and there is at least one drug testing company (Psychemedics) which includes it in their standard hair test. Hair tests generally take the most recent 1.5 inches of growth and use those for testing. That provides a detection period of approximately 90 days. If an individual's hair is shorter than 1.5 inches, this detection period will be shorter."

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_testing.shtml

Last edited by sassyspy; 10-12-2011 at 21:24. Reason: added information
Old 10-12-2011, 22:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Female from United States
SoulStealer is captain of the psychonauts.SoulStealer is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 246, Level: 2 Points: 246, Level: 2 Points: 246, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Some hair follicle tests do test for benzodiazepams, it depends on the test and what the test is for. What do you need to take this test for, like a job or a PO?

It is hard to say if that one dose of Xanax will show up in it, usually the substance has to be taken consequatively for a few days. But this doesn't always prove true, so I would play it on the safe side. When you go for the test and they ask you what drugs you have taken in the last 6 months or so, I wouldn't say anything about the Xanax. BUT if it does happen to show up, and they ask you about it, you could say "Oh dear, I completely forgot I took that. I have really bad TMJ, but it has gotten better over the past few months but one day I had a really bad episode of it and had to take one of the Xanax I had prescribed to me to treat this." They will want proof of that Rx, you could either go to the doctor and get the note. Or the easiest thing to do woult be to go to the pharmacy where you had that Rx filled. The pharmacy's keep a record of all prescriptions, so they could print you out proof of that prescription and you could use that.

Oh and Xanax won't show up in a urinalysis drug test about 7-10 days after the last dose. But hair follicle tests are different, even if it is excreted, as all drugs are, it 'could' show up in a hair test.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please quote sources of information
Old 11-12-2011, 17:38

Male from United States
razorbaq is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

I have to take the test for a Job, I already have the job I've worked there for 3 years. Its kinda like a surprise we give hair follicle test now. How far back can the pharmacy go on record to retrieve the records, It has been a while. I went two years or so where I didnt take them I just found them again last year. So I would say they were about 5 years old. They werent bad though they still worked fine like the last time. I never knew medicine went bad if it was stored right

razorbaq added 10 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Another thing to add, I don't grow alot of hair on my body, Never have I am 30 years old and cannot grow a mustache. I have always guessed its the Indian in my blood. Don't have much hair in my armpits maybe its a half inch long and the same with my legs. I also keep my hair with a short fade, So I don't know where there gonna get the sample from I don't think I have an inch and a half of hair for them to sample anywhere. Its not like I shaved for this test. The body hair is noticeable That I haven't shaved just cannot grow alot, and as far as my head I always keep it short.

Last edited by razorbaq; 11-12-2011 at 17:38. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2011, 17:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Female from United States
SoulStealer is captain of the psychonauts.SoulStealer is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 246, Level: 2 Points: 246, Level: 2 Points: 246, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

They usually take the hair from your arm, though some tests will take it from your head. Your hair growing slow doesn't have any correlation to the way the drugs will show up in the hair test. I wouldn't really stress over it, since it is for a job, you stand a better chance that benzo's won't be tested for. Usually a job tests for opiates, amphetamines, marijuana, and hallucinogenics...basically street drugs. I'm suprised they are even doing a hair test, as these are pretty expensive. Which also makes me think if they are spending the money to do this test, they might as well test for everything. So I would get that Rx, just in case.

It will depend on the pharmacy how far the records will go back, if it is a corperation store rather than a small business, then the records will go back further. They should go back 5 years. But the problem is, most Rx are only valid for a year. I thought it was only from a year ago, but 5 years is a long time and they might not consider that valid. Is there any chance you can get a new prescription for it? I would still get the record of the script just in case, they might not give you a hard time over it if you have the record and since you only took it once. Hopefully, it won't even show up and you can save yourself the hassle.

When are you getting tested?
Old 11-12-2011, 18:15
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Well, since the hair on the rest of your body grows at a slower rate than the hair on your head, the detection time vs hair length is different for body hair.

But...if it were just a one-time dose, and you usually keep your hair pretty short...it's probably not going to show up.

How long a pharmacy keeps prescription records on-hand is different for each pharmacy chain, although they all have to stick to at least a minimum (dunno how long that is, but probably 1-2 years at the very least). I'd call the pharmacy where you got it from & see if they have a record of when you last picked up an alprazolam prescription. If it's too far back for their records, then I'd call the dentist & explain what's up. I think it would be a testament to the fact that you DON'T abuse the benzos, considering you only JUST finished the script, 5 years later! *lol* In fact, maybe the dentist will even give you a new, small script for the TMJ 'attacks', which would also cover your ass.

~Kailey
Old 22-12-2011, 00:36
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7 Points: 2,404, Level: 7
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

You probably don't even need records, just list on the form they have you fill out that you were prescribed the alprazolam. How long the pharmacy keeps prescription records varies by state.
Old 24-12-2011, 22:39

37 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
awakepharmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

It's nearly universal that states keep rx records for 6 years. Unless you're in a medical profession, if the rx is within 3-4 years, you're fine.
Xanax clears in 3 days if you exercise and drink alot unless the dose is very high.

I never heard of xanax being a hair test item. I believe that only the highly lipophilic drugs can be seen in hair.

If they wanted vicodin or xanax, they could do a saliva test.

Share this on:

Tags
benzos, drug testing, drugs, hair test, mdma, pharmacy, xanax