Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 09-12-2011, 01:14

31 y/o Male from United States
dumakey1212 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Delsym Dosage...888 mg DXM?

I was curious how much DXM there really is in a standard 5 oz. bottle of Delsym. I went to the website and it says there is 30 mg of dextromethorphan HBr in every 5 mL of Delsym. 5 oz. is equivalent to 148 mL it says on the box and so if 5 mL is the standard dosage, 148 divided by 5 is 29.6 "dosages," but I always just wound up drinking the whole bottle, lol. Then 29.6 dosages multiplied by the 30 mg per dose is 888 mg of DXM. This seems really high for some reason, especially since the third plateau ranges from 7.5 - 15 mg/kg of DXM according to Mr. White's FAQ. I weigh about 130-135 lbs, and that in kg is about 60, so 888/60 is about 14.8, and it doesn't seem like I got anywhere NEAR the max of a third plateau based on the descriptions of it 'cause that'd be bordering on the fourth. Idk, maybe I did, but I'm just wondering basically if there really is 888 mg of DXM in a standard 5 oz. bottle of Delsym or if this is off? Sorry if this has already been discussed!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Casper86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Re: Delsym Dosage...888 mg DXM?

delsym is DXM that is cellulated, its time release.

If you took say 888mg of DXM HBr (non time release) you definately would hit the 3rd or 4th. It would hit you like "WHAM" instead of trickling into your system like the delsym

Post Quality Evaluations:
exceleent explanation, simple and concise.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.

The DXM in delsym is coated with polystirex, an edible plastic that allows the dxm to be time released. That's why a single serving of delsym (containing ~30mgs or so) lasts for 12 hours!!! My friends ferret thinks that using Delsym is enjoyable for chill trips that last for a long time. 888mgs of non-time release dxm would have her out of her mind tripping at least at the 3rd plateau. 888mgs of time release is much more mellow is more like maybe 600mgs of non time release at its peak. She's seen a few bad trips from people taking a lot more to compensate for the mellower effects of the time release dxm - imagine being way too high for 12 hours - not cool. She's had good experiences taking time release and then taking non time release shortly afterward so that the peak is more pronounced.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05

Very interesting stuff, thanks for the info on the time release being the big factor in why 888 mg seemed like such a crazy number and I wasn't feeling what I think should've felt like 888. Well, I just like Delsym because of the time release and because it doesn't taste bad at all, actually kind of good for something you gotta take to get fucked up on. This veers from the topic, but what would be recommended for non-time release, just straight up effect, like gel caps maybe?, but what brand would be best?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05

Male from United States
LunarSpider is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim had a great experience with delsym the other day, but it was extracted.

The plastic coating is still mixed in with the powder when extracted but if you cut it up fine enough and chase it down with a drink with citric acid it will not take as long to kick in.

Swim started to feel effects after 45 minutes and peaked about 2 and a half hours later.

But if you are inexperienced with DXM, you should start with half of the powder to see how it will effect you, that goes for any drug.

People with a high tolerance can take the same amount as an inexperienced user and have little effects while the inexperienced may have a very intense trip.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:13
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Casper86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumakey1212 View Post
Very interesting stuff, thanks for the info on the time release being the big factor in why 888 mg seemed like such a crazy number and I wasn't feeling what I think should've felt like 888. Well, I just like Delsym because of the time release and because it doesn't taste bad at all, actually kind of good for something you gotta take to get fucked up on. This veers from the topic, but what would be recommended for non-time release, just straight up effect, like gel caps maybe?, but what brand would be best?
Robotussin gelcaps are the norm and are 15mg of DXM a pop, If you want to do syrup vicks cough "naturals" (made with honey) is one that easier to swallow compared to others
I just recently discovered duract cough tabs at walmart they are 30mgs of DXM only a piece they melt in your mouth and the cherry kind taste like bubble gum.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29

I've heard about nauseating additives in the Robo cough gels, though. Is there any truth to this 'cause I wouldn't want to to be trying to get maximum DXM at the risk of also putting useless, detrimental extras in my body as well? A few of mis companeros always used to take mass quantities of Mucinex pills, like upwards of 50. How quality is Mucinex compared to the Robo cough gels? I'd imagine Robo is the way to go.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49

Male from United States
sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumakey1212 View Post
I've heard about nauseating additives in the Robo cough gels, though. Is there any truth to this 'cause I wouldn't want to to be trying to get maximum DXM at the risk of also putting useless, detrimental extras in my body as well? A few of mis companeros always used to take mass quantities of Mucinex pills, like upwards of 50. How quality is Mucinex compared to the Robo cough gels? I'd imagine Robo is the way to go.
This thread is about delsym...which is relatively safe, or at least, hasn't been proven to be unsafe. Turkey would be worried about eating that much polystirex plastic with the delsym, however compared to mucinex, delsym is nothin. Mucinex is extremely dangerous because it also contains gaufenesin. There have been so many overdoses, often fatal, because of this mistake.

She doesn't know what nauseating additives you are referring to...She would feel more comfortable taking robo gel caps (non time release), with just DXM and nothing else like pseudophedrine, or guafenesin, etc. There are also ways to order the pure dxm powder online.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
m000nman is a decent psychonaut.m000nman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper86 View Post
If you want to do syrup vicks cough "naturals" (made with honey) is one that easier to swallow compared to others.
im pretty sure the vicks naturals only has 30mg dxm per ounce, so its much weaker then other syrups. i have used it and it took 12oz to get a reasonable trip out of it (comparible to 4oz normal robo).

Also i have heard the myth that there is detterants in the robo cough gels. it is my understanding that this is no more than a myth. for whatever reason, some people do seem to get more nauseous from the gels, where others are significantly less nauseous. the reason for that is beyond me though. and yes, using a shit ton of mucinex is not the way to go...
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14

Male from United States
LunarSpider is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim recently discovered orange flavored syrup from dollar general. It has almost 400mg in the entire bottle, and believe it or not does not taste half bad and its only 4 dollars

Please excuse swim is new and is not aware if listing a price for a OTC is against the rules.

LunarSpider added 1427 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveedish View Post
Mucinex is extremely dangerous because it also contains gaufenesin. There have been so many overdoses, often fatal, because of this mistake.
Swim would have to disagree about that. Swim was stupid in the past and took Mucinex, alot of them. Swim stopped because it causes stomach problems, nausea, etc

But swim has never heard of anyone dying from taking a DXM product with gaufensin, just people getting sick, having diarrhea, stomach problems, etc

But gaufensin is not good to take in high doses because of those effects, and swim advices only take products with DXM only.

CCC's are the DXM products that have caused deaths, er visits, and overdose's.

Last edited by LunarSpider; 10-12-2011 at 06:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
delsym, dextromethorphan, dissociative, dxm, gel caps, hallucinogen, mucinex, time release