Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 17:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Netherlands
mort4r is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
120MG's of Codeine enough for a decent high?

Hello dear DF users,

Sorry for posting such a basic, stupid question. I used the search options and nothing really came out.

I've got 120MGs on my hands, and was wondering if this will be enough to really feel that codeine high people always talk about.

That's pretty much the question .

Thanks for your time and answer!
Old 07-12-2011, 15:52

41 y/o Male from United Kingdom
buck72 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: 120MG's of Codeine enough for a decent high?

depends from person to person,if u have no tolerence 2 codein it should b plenty wouldnt advice doin more 1st time
Old 07-12-2011, 16:43
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%

Your question is neither basic or stupid. I am a very occasional user of codeine, and never take more than 60mg. As buck72 says, codeine's effects can vary from person to person. The effect can also vary in individuals as well; sometimes 60mg knocks me for six especially if I'm tired. Any more than 60mg gives me nausea and vomiting. Codeine metabolizes into morphine, as my neurologist says, 'codeine is poor man's morphine'. If a person were without experience of using opiates, or had not used for a while, 120mg might be too intense. When prescribed, the usual regime is up to 240mg daily, divided in doses of up 60mg. A dose of 60mg has the desired effect in my case, but maybe you could try 30mg initially.
Old 07-12-2011, 18:52
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Trancel0v3r is captain of the psychonauts.Trancel0v3r is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I would agree with the previous poster, 60mg for myself is easily enough on an empty stomach. 120 may be too much for a first time user particularly with no tolerance, it may be better to take 2 lots of 60 (several hours apart). You may have an adverse reaction to it as well which would be much more unpleasant and/or dangerous under the influence of 120mg rather than 60. Having said that, if you have used it before and 60mg produces very little effect, then go for it; just be aware that if you havent had any opiates for a while it may be pretty intense
Old 07-12-2011, 22:35
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
assholery is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2

I bought OTC tylenol/codeine pills and before trying CWE (which I was too scared to drink) I popped 6 of the pills, equated to about 30mg of codeine before bed. I have no tolerance but was pleasantly surprised that I was feeling pretty pretty good.
Old 07-12-2011, 23:40
Titanium Member

Male from New Zealand
aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.aikidoka really adds to the discussion.
Points: 670, Level: 4 Points: 670, Level: 4 Points: 670, Level: 4

If you are opiate naive then 120mg would likely cause a period of intense itching after 20-30 minutes and nausea after that, which could be very unpleasant. As an active opiate (morphine) user, my pet rock would take 120mg of codeine when available to keep the wolves from the door but would surprisingly sometimes get a nice light buzz from it. If I were advising my pet rock, I'd say take 60mg and see how it goes, then if disappointed try some more after about an hour; as with all new drug experiences, you need to 'know' what to look and feel for before you can appreciate the full affects of what you are taking and under-dosing is always way better than the other option.
Old 08-12-2011, 23:12

Male from Netherlands
mort4r is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1

Thanks alot to everyone who replied, I've decided to try 60MG's first off, Better safe then sorry I guess. I've tried 30MG's once when I was feeling ill, so I wasn't really intending to abuse it back then . If 60MG's doesn't get me quite where I want to be I'll re-dose to 120MG's after several hours. This is gonna be my first opiate high, so I'm not sure what to expect! I'll report back here when I've had my experience.

Thanks again!

Post Quality Evaluations:
sensible decision and has listened to others
Old 08-12-2011, 23:39
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BumpBump is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 160, Level: 2 Points: 160, Level: 2 Points: 160, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

you should know after an hour. 60mg used to give me a warm feeling, I would jump to 90 though as 60mg is what doctors prescribe to opiate niave patients
Old 12-12-2011, 12:13

Male from New Zealand
meowmeowcathi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Please let us know how it goes. I know a pancake who is also looking at trying codeine for the first time, so it would be interested to see how 60mg goes for other pancakes! (It will likely try the same dosage as well!)
Old 14-12-2011, 03:34

33 y/o Male from Dominican Republic
kheetah is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

my monkey mr.banana hands says that 60mg is probably good for a virgin user to opiates
Old 14-12-2011, 12:51

39 y/o Male from United Kingdom
aisaac is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

Marmaduke the cat next door has been using Codeine recreationally for the past two months, he started with 30 - 60mg at a time for a nice warm buzz. Marmaduke now needs at least 90 - 120mg for the same effect.

One of Marmadukes's favorites is 10x Neurofen Plus CWE which equates to approx 100mg and as a solution takes effect very quickly.

One important factor is taking Codeine on an empty stomach which is far more effective than on a full stomach.
Old 03-01-2012, 21:44
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from Canada
Bercia15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

I spoke to a pair of shoes the other day and they did a CWE using T1 tablets, each containing 8 mg codeine, 15 mg caffeine and 325 mg acetaminophen. In total, 65 pills were used, therefore final product (codeine water) contained approximately 520 mg codeine and 975 mg caffeine. No big deal about the caffeine content since it's like a few cups of coffee or 3 energy drinks. The codeine content tried was so high, but not dangerous since said pair of shoes has a very high opiate/opioid tolerance. However, extreme itchiness occurred almost instantly. What can be taken along with the codeine water in order to reduce or minimize itchiness?
Old 03-01-2012, 22:12
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
If you are opiate naive then 120mg would likely cause a period of intense itching after 20-30 minutes and nausea after that, which could be very unpleasant.
Actually, from what I've observed, even amongst the opiate naive people, nausea seems to be quite a "hit or miss" -effect, about half of opiate naive people seem to always get nauseous on any opiates, and the other half never (from the opiate alone, combinations with other drugs is different story).

I belong to the latter group, although opiates have never been my drug of choice, I have yet to experience real nausea from any opiate on any dose.

But like I said, combos are another thing. For example, smoking too much cannabis in too short time can trigger the nausea for me, also if I drink too much alcohol (which is dangerous with opiates btw).

On the topic, I would say 120mg is quite enough to get medium-to-strong effect if you're opiate naive. I know I would be pleased with such a dose, although nowadays I prefer doses more in the lines of 300-450mg... I guess I'm just not _that_ "virgin" anymore, *shrugs*
Old 03-01-2012, 22:34

24 y/o Male from United States
DillyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bercia15 View Post
What can be taken along with the codeine water in order to reduce or minimize itchiness?
I have an old (few months back) prescription for some hydroxyzine. I believe the name brand is atarax (sp?) it works wonders for itching. However, with it being an rx option only I would assume you don't have access to such drug.

If looking for some possible OTC remedies, I know that Claritin (loratadine) has been approved for itch relief as well as benadryl. Although, since I do not know 100% whether or not either benadryl or Claritin react poorly or adversely with codeine if I were you I would look a little into that before combining two medications.

Good luck to you, and have a happy itch free opiate high
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18

Male from Canada
FuelTheJet is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

The first time Orville Redenbacher used codeine he tried 30mg and got a nice codeine buzz that he was satisfied with.
Old 10-01-2012, 20:19
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

AFOAF finds 100mg or so to be the minimum dose at which any effect is felt (without tolerance)

After you have been using a while you can up the dose if you can get it AFOAF highly recommend dihydrocodiene much better high than codiene and lasts twice as long
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41

Male from Portugal
LoveNwar is an unknown quantity at this point

Factoid: about 10% of the caucasian population just will NOT get high on codeine, no matter how much the intake. It's a genetic thing.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02

Male from United Kingdom
3.4-Empathy needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Swim would suggest starting on 120mg and if that doesn't work move u another 60mg next time you dose. Wait an hour and a half if no noticeable difference move up 30mg.
Codeine seems fairly safe to swim. Swim personally need at least 300mg to feel anything from codeine. This is without tolerance.

good advice
Old 12-01-2012, 09:43
Mercury Member

35 y/o Male from United States
smegg needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

well i know that if certain people take codeine, like me, they get a bad histamine reaction[almost closed my throat] while at the same time i have a large opiate tolerance in general. to be safe simply take with benadryl as thats what they give u in the e.r. for such purpouses. a low theraputic dose should do it and trust me having your face swell up is no fun especially as u try to scratch it off.

Cautionary wise advice.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53
Gold Member

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.
Points: 2,648, Level: 7 Points: 2,648, Level: 7 Points: 2,648, Level: 7
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...?title=Codeine

I presume you have read the above?

This is from memory and may be wrong, but as a guide line:

With out re-reading through the available literature now, iirc, it usually takes the liver at least 4 hours to replenish the enzymes responsible for acting on codeine, converting it to morphine.
Re-dosing before this time will yield much lower effects for a similar amount.

Most of the time, a normally healthy person with no tolerance to opiates, will be safe up to around 350 - 400 mg, however this amount is NEVER recommended for a first time user.

As explained above, 40 - 100 mg will be sufficient for a first time.
Taken on an empty stomach, the effects will usually be fealt with in 20 minutes.
they will last around 3 -4 hours, with the noticable effects trailing off quite rapidly thereafter.

Nausea can usually be combatted by remaining motionless, itchiness (which my etherlectricpenguin friend has never experienced under 400mg, even from "fresh" i.e. no opiates in the last few months) reduced by taking a minor antihistamine (such as those available at supermarkets without pharmacies).

I have experienced noticeable effects from as little as 24mg, on an empty stomach and with no previous opiates ingested for some time prior (like at least a month).

Once the effects have fully manifested (around 30 - 40 mins), eating can releive any residing nausea as, according to my etherlectricpenguin friend, codeine on an empty stomache increases both nausea and appetite.

Please be aware of the addicting properties of opiates.
NEVER combine them with other depressants.
If the preparation contains anything other active ingredient other than codeine, please read up on the relevant principle and try to remove it were possible.

Often the accompanying ingredients in codeine preps are a lot more harmful than codeine in the amounts required for desired effects.

Take care and be safe.

p.s this info is available on this site, and this question has been asked many times before, however, its not always easy to the info, especially of one is in a rush to experiment. That can be a fatal affliction however..

Excellent and detailed advice.
very good advice
Old 01-02-2012, 04:31

22 y/o Male from Brazil
Fat Billy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

"120MG's of Codeine enough for a decent high?"
For the first time? In my dog's opinion, yes.

First, my dog took 30mg only too see if he was allergic (none high at all).
In the next day, he took 120mg (averaged) and experienced a good, but not intense, high.

But careful, it depends on the person. And codeine could be dangerous in high doses. I recomend that swiy move up 30mgs per dose if you dont feel anything with 120mg.

Obs: Luckily my dog didn't feel any nausea.
Old 09-03-2012, 17:26
Silver Member

41 y/o Female from United States
Catseye2001 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyD View Post
I have an old (few months back) prescription for some hydroxyzine. I believe the name brand is atarax (sp?) it works wonders for itching. However, with it being an rx option only I would assume you don't have access to such drug.

If looking for some possible OTC remedies, I know that Claritin (loratadine) has been approved for itch relief as well as benadryl. Although, since I do not know 100% whether or not either benadryl or Claritin react poorly or adversely with codeine if I were you I would look a little into that before combining two medications.

Good luck to you, and have a happy itch free opiate high

I know that I take a 24-hour loratadine daily, and I have done so for the past 10 years or so. I've recently been diagnosed with lupus, and my doctor has started me on APAP/Codeine300-30 to help with the joint pains. I've taken up to 4 at once (when I reach the point where I feel like I need that much, I try to switch to something else for a week or more, but I'm on Warfarin as well, so my pain medicine choices are a little bit limited). I've never had any issues with itching, or with any kind of adverse reaction from the combination of loratadine and APAP/Codeine, even when I take them at the same time (1st thing in the morning). This is just me, of course, but I thought I would share.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
Crestcreepin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bercia15 View Post
I spoke to a pair of shoes the other day and they did a CWE using T1 tablets, each containing 8 mg codeine, 15 mg caffeine and 325 mg acetaminophen. In total, 65 pills were used, therefore final product (codeine water) contained approximately 520 mg codeine and 975 mg caffeine. No big deal about the caffeine content since it's like a few cups of coffee or 3 energy drinks. The codeine content tried was so high, but not dangerous since said pair of shoes has a very high opiate/opioid tolerance. However, extreme itchiness occurred almost instantly. What can be taken along with the codeine water in order to reduce or minimize itchiness?

for codeine CWE preparations. to counteract the itching and potentiate the effects of the codeine swim takes 50mg of benadryl (diphenhydramine HCL)
works really well. the hypnotic effects of the benadryl add to the euphoria "in swims opinion" and also the fact that it is a antihistamine reduces the histamine releasing effects of codeine (the nonstop itchyness)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54

35 y/o Male from Australia
Cabraboy should review received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

2 panadine forte tablets got my smashed today, thats 60mgs, I'm also currently withdrawing from subs
Old 05-06-2014, 20:21

20 y/o Female from Canada
highitsme2 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

i have high tolerence and 300mg dosent even do a thing -_-

Do not bump old threads unless you have something constructive to add. This is not helpful for the OP

Share this on:

Tags
3-methylmorphine, analgesic, codeine, codeine dosage, codeine first time, dominican republic, drugs forum, drugs-forum, first time codeine, opiate, opiate naive, opiates