Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Cannabinoids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabinoids Cannabinoids & smoking blends.

Old 05-12-2011, 00:20

28 y/o Male from Australia
GodsStash is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MAM-2201 Drug Info

Please post info about MAM-2201 here.

Can anyone add information about:
  • names / synonyms
  • molecule
  • dose
  • duration
  • side effects
  • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
  • since when has this research chemical been available?
  • legal status
  • stability of the molecule / compound

A thread for experiences with MAM-2201 will be created if and when it is necessary.

Synonyms: JWH 122 N-(5-fluoropentyl) analog, AM2201 4-methylnaphthyl analog
Short Name: MAM-2201
IUPAC Name: [1-​(5-​fluoropentyl)-​1H-​indol-​3-​yl](4-​methyl-​1-​naphthalenyl)-​methanone
CAS #: 1354631-24-5
Molecular Mass: 373.5 g/mol
Molecular Formula: C25H24FNO

An RC that interests my friend is an RC labelled as : MAM-2201 which is basically AM-2201 with a added methyl ring. Chemical name for this RC is : 4-Methyl-1-naphthalenyl)(1-flouropentyl-1H-indol-3-yl)methanone but I get the feeling that MAM-2201 will fall under australia's analogue law.

Can either of these two new RC's be imported into Australia??

This compound looks promising but I'm unsure of it's potency as it's AM-2201 with the extra methyl ring. How would it compare in potency compared to it's famous brother : AM-2201

GodsStash added 1387 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

He is curious about this compound as AM-2201 is now banned here in QLD which He's not happy about. What would adding a methyl ring do to am-2201? MAM-2201 was synthesised to be a replacement once AM-2201 was banned but am still unsure if this would fall under the analogue act. It's either he find's a cannabinoid that that is not banned AND doesn't fall under any analogue act or I take my chances and go for my favourite insomnia med : AM-2201 and risk getting in the s#@t

Last edited by Phenoxide; 16-06-2012 at 15:05. Reason: standard drug info format from Docta
Old 05-12-2011, 02:03
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Bad Rabbits is on the way upBad Rabbits is on the way upBad Rabbits is on the way upBad Rabbits is on the way up
Points: 455, Level: 3 Points: 455, Level: 3 Points: 455, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Mam-2201

Can't comment about legality, although because of where you are, I would guess it is not.

Importantly, be aware that it is very possible that this compound is being misrepresented. Its not uncommon for vendors to sell something, as something else. This might be because they have large stocks of a 'once legal' compound, and have no other means to sell it when the compound in questions becomes illegal.

Basically, be certain that it's not simply misrepresented AM-2201. Ask yourself, how much do you trust your source? If you get arrested, its generally not their problem.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:24

what is the point of them adding this "methyl" ring? Does it make it more potent? Does it make it safer?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:30
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20
Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1%

It could effect both the effective dose and safety, but neither is the primary motivation for marketing such a substance. The motivation here is to derivatize AM-2201 to circumvent drug laws in countries or regions where they control one named drug at a time.

However there is no question that this would be deemed an analogue of AM-2201 under the broad Australian analogue legislation. Similarly under US law it could be considered analogous to JWH-018 under the Federal Analog Act. Many US states also have their own broad derivative laws under which this would already be considered a controlled substance. It would be uncontrolled in the UK though, but then so is AM-2201 for the time being.

Another minor point, methyl groups are not a ring.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:59

I too believe now after further research that the analogue act would prohibit pretty much all Cannabinoids from being imported into QLD.

I decided not to risk it, but instead go down to my local herbs store to find an alternative that is DEFINITELY legal. I didn't expect such things being in QLD but I was proven wrong. Very wrong!!

What I found was a herb, That could well be a replacement for all synthetic cannabinoids & Cannabis for that matter. I just tried to call him to ask what the name of it was but they are shut for the day now so I'll get back to you's with the name tomorrow.

The effects were shockingly similar to cannabis but with this sort of a tingling effect like opiate which was noticeably psychoactive straight after the first hit.
To say it brought a smile to my face was a huge understatement as now I have found my legal alternative

GodsStash added 38 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

2 words... PINK LOTUS!!!

Last edited by GodsStash; 08-12-2011 at 06:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-12-2011, 04:23

31 y/o Male from United States
baozhai is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

So what was the pink lotus like? Was it an extract or just the raw plant material? I got blue lotus to use in my smoking blend but was not very impressed. I am thinking about doing some kind of extraction and hopefully enhancing my blend. Hopefully that helps. There are many legal herbs out there. I am working on several different extraction methods for my 100% legal herbs to create a potent, cannabinoid-free, smoking/vaporizing blend. I will keep you updated on my findings.

I too am interested in the MAM-2201 for another separate research project. My assistant will be getting some soon.

I am honestly not too sure about it because there is just not much information out there. Same goes with A-834,735.

Anyone???
Old 25-12-2011, 05:52
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,788, Level: 12 Points: 7,788, Level: 12 Points: 7,788, Level: 12
Activity: 8.6% Activity: 8.6% Activity: 8.6%

Is there any evidence to suggest that this is a real, available compound? The CAS number given by most sites selling this compound is simply that of AM-2201, as is the structure.

If there is any definitive evidence proving that MAM-2201 is a truly available substance, such as the scientific literature indicating it's invention, the patent for it, a chemical structure, a GC/MS, an MSDS or anything of the nature, please post this information here. Otherwise, I would be very suspicious of any company claiming to stock this compound (and those which have thus far been stocking it are notorious for their sketchy activities) and assume that without further proof of it's existence, they are simply trying to sell a scheduled compound as something that it is not (i.e. they are trying to sell AM-2201 as MAM-2201 in order to circumvent current laws).
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United States
caduceus is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

I too wish more info was available. Guess its time to buck up and rally the lab rats. I'm guessing the trip report goes in this thread???
Old 12-01-2012, 10:40
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Some posts over the interwebz suggest (and that's not much, indeed) that MAM-2201 is extremely similar to it's well known brother, which coincidentally would make it a compound I'm so NOT interested in. There's intense potential for AM-2201 to destroy my life, it's so moreish because of tolerance growth beyond comprehension and a short duration of action.
Old 09-02-2012, 19:50

Male from United States
washingtonrocketman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
MAM-2201 - can I get a real opinion please, something's not right

SWIM received 5G MAM-2201 from China today, the main supplier people. 6'0 male 175lb, 2-year addiction starting with jwh-018 then am-2201. SWIM tolerates 20mg for a buzz, sometimes a little more. SWIM wakes up 4-5 times a night to get high and go back to sleep. His addiction is all-consuming and he'd like something that lasts longer so he can try to get away from constant use.

So the metabolic stability implication of the methyl for MAM-2201 is quite intriguing. It smells like toxic waste. SWIM toasts 2mg in his burner. Almost no taste, no chemical yuck - SWIM expected to cough but it's like nothing at all. (It's light brown, fine, non-reflective/matte powder.)

He waits 5 minutes and it hits. But it doesn't feel at all like AM-2201. It's mellow. It feels more like a solid urb 597-754 mixture. A very nice sense of relief. No crazy. No more-more-more-sies after 20 minutes. SWIM's pretty chill for more like 2 hours, and though he says he could smoke some AM to get his crazy on, he's fine and doesn't need to and is fine chilling out. This was not the plan.

SWIM's been at this a long time and doesn't think this is really MAM-2201, or else that methyl does something really weird. Experts, what's up?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting report
Old 15-04-2012, 13:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

38 y/o Male from Earth
MAMJWH-420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: MAM-2201 - can I get a real opinion please, something's not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonrocketman View Post
SWIM received 5G MAM-2201 from China today, the main supplier people. 6'0 male 175lb, 2-year addiction starting with jwh-018 then am-2201. SWIM tolerates 20mg for a buzz, sometimes a little more. SWIM wakes up 4-5 times a night to get high and go back to sleep. His addiction is all-consuming and he'd like something that lasts longer so he can try to get away from constant use.

So the metabolic stability implication of the methyl for MAM-2201 is quite intriguing. It smells like toxic waste. SWIM toasts 2mg in his burner. Almost no taste, no chemical yuck - SWIM expected to cough but it's like nothing at all. (It's light brown, fine, non-reflective/matte powder.)

He waits 5 minutes and it hits. But it doesn't feel at all like AM-2201. It's mellow. It feels more like a solid urb 597-754 mixture. A very nice sense of relief. No crazy. No more-more-more-sies after 20 minutes. SWIM's pretty chill for more like 2 hours, and though he says he could smoke some AM to get his crazy on, he's fine and doesn't need to and is fine chilling out. This was not the plan.

SWIM's been at this a long time and doesn't think this is really MAM-2201, or else that methyl does something really weird. Experts, what's up?
The dog across the street from me knows a guy with a lab in Taiwan. He says the methyl makes the chemical more stable. The dog tells me that this chemical is a vast improvement on the AM, especially with a really good JWH like 210. No paranoia, the dog says. Just complete and utter addiction.

The dog knows he's getting real product as he is in pretty good with the big lab--which supplies Japan, China, Taiwan and Europe (bulk raw imported from Mexico/Canada; chems from China).

Crazy dog!
Old 20-04-2012, 19:06
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
stryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way up
Points: 395, Level: 3 Points: 395, Level: 3 Points: 395, Level: 3
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

MAM-2201 is very real. I have detected it in my laboratory tests in various blends, especially those claiming to be 100% cannabiniod free.
Old 20-04-2012, 19:42
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryder09 View Post
MAM-2201 is very real. I have detected it in my laboratory tests in various blends, especially those claiming to be 100% cannabiniod free.
What analytical techniques did you use to ascertain this information? Please share the results, here.
Old 25-04-2012, 03:19
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
What analytical techniques did you use to ascertain this information? Please share the results, here.
Liquid Chromatography with ESI-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry. What would you like to know?

I can provide a link to a certified analytical reference standard for MAM-2201.
Old 25-04-2012, 14:59
entity of sorts

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryder09 View Post
Liquid Chromatography with ESI-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry. What would you like to know?

I can provide a link to a certified analytical reference standard for MAM-2201.
Please post the MS readout. While links are not allowed, you can upload a PDF or an image.
Old 30-06-2012, 10:18

Male from United Kingdom
brian_723 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

MAM2201 is similar to am2201 but I prefer it and think it is later longing so far I have been very impressed ,my favourite so far .
Old 30-06-2012, 17:32
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
esoteric_explorer is a decent psychonaut.esoteric_explorer is a decent psychonaut.

Maybe the idea of adding the methyl group to AM-2201 is along the lines of adding a methyl group to amphetamine to create methamphetamine

Admittedly, I know very little about this, but if there is no obvious chemistry/pharmacological/legality-related reason for the addition of the methyl group, possibly it's just a marketing gimmick

Seeing as how people ordering RC's tend to be more knowledgeable about chemistry than the average schmuck, the RC vendors are using the added methyl group to give MAM-2201 the appearance of possessing increased potency, being to AM-2201 what amphetamine is to methamphetamine in the eyes of the semi-informed consumer

or maybe I'm completely wrong
Old 01-07-2012, 11:39
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_explorer View Post
Maybe the idea of adding the methyl group to AM-2201 is along the lines of adding a methyl group to amphetamine to create methamphetamine

Admittedly, I know very little about this, but if there is no obvious chemistry/pharmacological/legality-related reason for the addition of the methyl group, possibly it's just a marketing gimmick

Seeing as how people ordering RC's tend to be more knowledgeable about chemistry than the average schmuck, the RC vendors are using the added methyl group to give MAM-2201 the appearance of possessing increased potency, being to AM-2201 what amphetamine is to methamphetamine in the eyes of the semi-informed consumer

or maybe I'm completely wrong
Simply to circumvent the current laws, which many control AM-2201.
Old 22-02-2013, 07:44

Male from France
daemonhack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

CAUTION !!!
Acute Kidney Injury Associated with Synthetic Cannabinoid Use — Multiple States, 2012

Weekly

February 15, 2013 / 62(06);93-98

In March 2012, the Wyoming Department of Health was notified by Natrona County public health officials regarding three patients hospitalized for unexplained acute kidney injury (AKI), all of whom reported recent use of synthetic cannabinoids (SCs), sometimes referred to as "synthetic marijuana." SCs are designer drugs of abuse typically dissolved in a solvent, applied to dried plant material, and smoked as an alternative to marijuana. AKI has not been reported previously in users of SCs and might be associated with 1) a previously unrecognized toxicity, 2) a contaminant or a known nephrotoxin present in a single batch of drug, or 3) a new SC compound entering the market. After the Wyoming Department of Health launched an investigation and issued an alert, a total of 16 cases of AKI after SC use were reported in six states. Review of medical records, follow-up interviews with several patients, and laboratory analysis of product samples and clinical specimens were performed. The results of the investigation determined that no single SC brand or compound explained all 16 cases. Toxicologic analysis of product samples and clinical specimens (available from seven cases) identified a fluorinated SC previously unreported in synthetic marijuana products: (1-(5-fluoropentyl)-1H-indol-3-yl)(2,2,3,3-tetramethylcyclopropyl) methanone, also known as XLR-11, in four of five product samples and four of six patients' clinical specimens. Public health practitioners, poison center staff members, and clinicians should be aware of the potential for renal or other unusual toxicities in users of SC products and should ask about SC use in cases of unexplained AKI.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 22-02-2013 at 14:22.
Old 22-02-2013, 14:22
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20
Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1%

Why direct members back to Google? With one click they can find the article right here, on the first page of the cannabinoids forum you're browsing right now.

CDC report on Acute Kidney Injury associated with synthetic cannabinoid use

Is there a reason you've posted this in the MAM-2201 thread specifically? MAM-2201 was not mentioned in the report.

Share this on:

Tags
am-2201, cannabinoids, mam-2201, research chemicals, synthetic cannabinoids