Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 12:25

24 y/o Male from United States
Roxicodone30mg-Ativan2mg is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How does morphine compare to oxycodone?

So a friend gave me a couple(well, 20) 200mg ABG morphine pills. I've tried using some of the online tools that convert from X to Y but they all come up with pretty different amounts, and none of the ones I've found have anything about nasal BA.

So my first question is, can I snort these ABG ones? From looking online, I think these are ones that don't gel up (I haven't tried messing with one because if they're not going to be worth abusing I'll just get rid of them, or give them back to my friend).

Then my next question; how do they compare to oxycodone? I'm on #8 30mg (r)oxycodone a day, and was also just prescribed #90 10mg opana IR monthly, PRN for breakthrough(I just got them a couple weeks ago, so still seeing if I like them. I had previously tried hydromorphone and IMO they do nothing, not that it wasn't strong enough or something, more like if I hadn't got the bottle from Walgreens myself I would have thought they were fake. I had my friend try one and he said it worked, so I guess I just don't mix well with K8s) I snort all my meds(aside from sublingual Ativan, or other "not-fun" drugs that I take as directed). If I were to snort 200mg of morphine, how many roxis would it equal snorting; while I'm not really basing this on anything, I'm thinking since it's the biggest morphine ER it's got to be around doing 80mg of roxis.

Thanks in advance. Any other input anyone has will be great as well.
Old 03-12-2011, 14:44
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
drugs_bunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How does morphine compare to oxycodone?

how do they compare? sorry to be a dick but thats a very open/subjective and also abstract question. In what way compare? SWIYs meaning euphoria? painkilling effects? 'the nod'? Potency wise oxycodone is twice the strength, bio availability (meaning how much of the drug is actively metabolized) is much lower for morphine orally than oxycodone. Also, most users (swim is one of them) report a much more 'speedy' effect with oxycodone than morphine. Morphines high is normally much more sedated.

whatever SWIY does take it easy dont blow everything at once..new users to this drug need to remember it can at first pack a hefty punch!

happy Saturday lad!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:12
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: How does morphine compare to oxycodone?

Depending on the source, I've seen oxy listed as 1:1 with morphine up to 2:1 to morphine. I usually say 1.5:1 with morphine and split the difference. Oxy is more stimulating (and some would argue more 'euphoric' than morphine.) I find morphine causes more drowsiness, and about the same pain relief. The reason I switched from morphine to oxy was because I was falling asleep all the time. 200mg morphine would equal somewhere I'm the range of 120 mg of oxy.

LostControl added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Also, I have to agree with you on hrdromorphone - my doc had me test out a few, and I swore I'd taken nothing at all. I'll have to try a much higher dose next time (I think I was the 6mg caPsules.)

Last edited by LostControl; 04-12-2011 at 03:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, comedown, drugs forum, drugs-forum, euphoria, euphoric, morphine, morphine and oxycodone, morphine compared, morphine high, opioid, oxycodon, oxycodone, oxycontin, pain relief, percocet, roxycodone, snorting