Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 29-11-2011, 17:14
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,787, Level: 12 Points: 7,787, Level: 12 Points: 7,787, Level: 12
Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0%
Noopept (N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester)

Please post any information regarding Noopept (GVS-111, N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester).

Noopept is a Piracetam analogue with vastly increased potency (1000x, Ostrovskaya et al., 2002). As with piracetam, it acts as an allosteric AMPAR agonist, while also suppressing Ca2+-gated K+ channels as well as voltage-gated Ca2+ and K+ currents (Solnsteva et al., 1997).

It has been shown to have significant neuroprotective properties, as well as memory-enhancement in a number of animals models (Ostrovskaya et al., 1999, 2007, 2008; Pelsman et al., 2003). It also enhances activity of the immune system in both healthy and immune-compromised animals (Kovalenko et al., 2007).

It is prescribed in Russia and certain other eastern-european countries, though not in America.

It also readily crosse the blood-brain-barrier following oral administration in modest doses, though some people claim it has higher bioavailabilty sublingually and is ineffective orally (I can find no evidence for this, aside from anecdotal reports).
Old 07-12-2011, 19:43
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Noopept (N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester)

My basic experiments with Noopept have yielded the following

- Noopept is highly soluble in water and glycerin (approximately 1:1)

- There are no data to suggest that Noopept is more bioavailable via sublingual administration

- No side-effects have been noted at 2x daily dosages of 20mg (PO) for 5 consecutive days, co-administered with 250mg CDP-choline (PO) per dose

- In addition to the expected effects as a potent -racetam analogue, Noopept appears to have a minor stimulatory effect (non-physical) in regards to motivation, more marked than piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam or pramiracetam (akin to phenylpiracetam)

- Most marked effects: increased focus, linguistic ease, enhanced semantic recall, reduced cognitive fatigue, enhanced abstract problem-solving capacity

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for the report; quite appreciated
Great summation of experience/effects
Great report!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:38
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I know that the -racetams tend to be rather well tolerated by the human body, but have there been any toxicology or other pharmacological studies to speak of for Noopept?

Also, for how long did you continue your bioassay trials? This seems like it could be worth some investigation, but the anecdotal evidence is rather sparse, to say nothing of objective scientific study.
Old 08-12-2011, 13:35
entity of sorts

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajeda View Post
I know that the -racetams tend to be rather well tolerated by the human body, but have there been any toxicology or other pharmacological studies to speak of for Noopept?
Indeed, there have been several studies of this nature in both animal models and humans. Here is one such example, which I will upload this afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalenko et al., 2002
Within the framework of a preclinical investigation, the new nootrope drug noopept (N-phenyl-acetyl-L-propyl-glycine ethylate) was tested for chronic toxicity upon peroral administration in a dose of 10 or 100 mg/kg over 6 months in both male and female rabbits. The results of observations showed that noopept administered in this dose range induced no irreversible pathologic changes in the organs and systems studied and exhibited no allergenic, immunotoxic, and mutagen activity. The drug affected neither the generative function nor the antenatal or postnatal progeny development. Noopept produced a dose-dependent suppression of inflammation reaction to concanavalin A and stimulated the cellular and humoral immune response in mice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajeda View Post
Also, for how long did you continue your bioassay trials? This seems like it could be worth some investigation, but the anecdotal evidence is rather sparse, to say nothing of objective scientific study.
Bioassay at the dose (2x/20mg, ~6hr apart, PO), 5d/week is now in week-2 and will continue for a minimum of 6-weeks. I regularly monitor my basic vital signs (BP, HRrest/HRmax, BTemp) as well as some not-so-basic physiological measures (sleep EEG) and will comprise a full report when the 6-week period is complete, with intermittent updates between now and then. As of now, there have been no changes to BP, HRrest/HRmax (minor reduction in HRrest [1.5BPM ave], though I am an actively training athlete, so this is no surprise and is paired with an increase in VO2max) or BTemp, though I have noticed an increase in time spent in slow-wave-sleep (SWS, >20% ∆-waves [0.5-2Hz] in a 30sec epoch) and an increase in total REM-cycles/night, as well as an extremely marked increase in the vivid and colorful quality of dreams, as well as dream-recollection.

Appreciate the detailed info and context.
Old 25-03-2012, 21:26
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
Bioassay at the dose (2x/20mg, ~6hr apart, PO), 5d/week is now in week-2 and will continue for a minimum of 6-weeks.
Shampoo, how did you make out with the Noopept?
I've just ordered some and would love to know if you stuck with it for the 6 weeks and what your thoughts on it are at this point...
thanks
Old 26-03-2012, 12:32
entity of sorts

Male from United States

Basic summary: an overall, sustained increase in focus and prolonged attention was maintained over the 6+ weeks. No physical stimulation was noted, but a cognitive stimulation (motivation) was consistent throughout the period of consumption and did not wane.

No change in BTemp, BP. Small reduction in HRrest/HRmax, coupled to increase in VO2max (suggesting it is unrelated, but rather a product of athletic training). Sustained increase in # and duration of REM cycles per night, including prolonged periods of ∆-wave slow-wave-sleep. Extremely marked enhancement of dream-recall.

No significant side-effects noted.

Note: Dose remained at 20mg/dose, 2x/day, all consumption (5d/wk) was coupled with 1g CDP-Choline 2x/day.

thanks for the update and the clearly presented information!
excellent post, very usefull info!
Old 26-03-2012, 13:53

47 y/o Male from United States
neocortex is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Quote:
PNoopept (GVS-111, N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester)
Thanks for the info. I've used a lot of nootropics over the decades, although I tend towards the more severe ones, those that promote neurogenesis, such as injected guanosine (See US patent 5447939, "Carbon Monoxide Dependent Gunaylyl Cyclase Modifiers and Methods of Use" by Alvin J. Glasky).
I hope there's a source for Noopept in the US somehow. Too bad short peptides can't be DIY'ed at home. It may become available though, if there is enough interest. Some companies in the US sell other peptides, such as Melanotan I and II.

neocortex added 9 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Cool, it is available in the US. Will definitely be trying it. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by neocortex; 26-03-2012 at 13:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-03-2012, 10:03

47 y/o Male from United States
neocortex is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Quote:
Please post any information regarding Noopept (GVS-111, N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester)
Tried it today. Had a bad flashback of benzo withdrawal symptoms later. I know people who won't have this reaction, so no loss. I'll try it again another time.
In any case, this indicates the GABA receptors are involved, and the nootropic effects support one of my pet theories, which is also the pet theory of a lot of eminent scientists, that the cerebellum has a hand in higher thinking (look up Dr. Jeffrey Schmahmann, a Dr. LeDoux, and there are others. The most advanced set of GABA receptors is in the cerebellum.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 29-03-2012 at 10:07. Reason: prices
Old 30-03-2012, 04:06
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
10ftgp is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8%

SWIM has used piracetam and noticed some benefit to his dopamine related depression. Phenylpiracetam is not available in his area but he has heard the AD qualities of it are more pronounced then that of piracetam. Anyone think that noopept may work better then piracetam for this purpose?
Old 09-05-2012, 22:11
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Canada
Euphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline Medline
Points: 7,374, Level: 12 Points: 7,374, Level: 12 Points: 7,374, Level: 12

Is it important that noopept be co-administered with anything else in the same way that piracetam is best used with choline supplementation?

Any notes on combining with stims (caffeine and others) or psychedelics?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
10ftgp is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8%

You do not need to take piracetam with choline but it may prevent headaches if you get them. Nothing I have read says you need to take it with choline.
Old 22-07-2012, 21:45
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Back on topic:

THE WONDERS OF NOOPEPT

Note: I don't sell this stuff, I'm just a pimp for it.

I first tried it at 10mg (cautiously) 2 weeks ago. Didn't notice anything. Tried 20mg next day. May have noticed a wee bit of increased wakefulness and attention.

Day 3, I started with 20mg before breakfast, then added 10mg before lunch, then (getting impatient) another 20 mg in the early afternoon.

About 2 hours after the 3rd dose, I was sitting at my computer when a sudden change in my mind happened like nothing I've ever experienced. It was like the sky opening up, I felt lifted above everything, as if I had suddenly transcended muddied ordinary existence. It was obvious that I had been living in a mental fog compared to this new state of clarity. It wasn't euphoric but it was blissful on a non-physical level. It did not feel like a drug, it felt like a spiritual high that one might experience from a long meditation retreat.

Fear and doubt dropped away with ease, and enjoyment of everyday life was enhanced. I went out with a group of friends and felt 100% present with them, yet I also could see their struggles and was puzzled by them because, for me, everything seemed so obvious and I couldn't relate to their odd and ineffectual ways of approaching life and its problems.

That first night, having taken too much for my own body/mind and having taken the 3rd dose too late in the day, I had a lot of trouble sleeping. My dreams were wicked cool and I remembered them well. I woke up a lot and only got a total of about 4 hours sleep. Yet I felt refreshed the next morning.

I decided to go on a regimen of 30mg before breakfast each day and have been sticking with that. It has changed my life for the better. My capacity to express myself verbally and in in writing has improved markedly, social confidence is up, and days go by too quickly because I'm enjoying each moment just as it is, without any need to change things unless that is truly called for. Responsiveness to situations comes naturally, spontaneously, without any thought about what I should or shouldn't do. There is no good or bad. There is spontaneous compassion without sentimentality.

Now for the "negative" side of noopept: I, like so many others who use it, have experienced an increase in irritability and impatience with people and situations. This only happens for brief periods of time, mostly when I'm driving. It's actually not happening at all in recent days but it was prominent the first few days. My reasoning about why this irritation arises is that noopept is thought to increase communication between left and right hemispheres of the brain, which might make emotions more accessible. In addition to irritation, I found that other dormant emotions were arising in me, and they were coming up at appropriate times in measured doses. It is the first time in 3 years, since I had a massive concussion, that I've felt these emotions. For example, I can cry when watching the news if a story moves me that way, but I don't dwell on it or wallow in it. I move on quickly. I can't save a child's life in Syria at this moment so there's no point in continuing to feel the sadness, but I'm glad I can experience that compassion deeply.

So my thinking is that the irritability that many people feel is an expression of anger, which is the most commonly repressed emotion in most people. It's not socially acceptable to express it in many cultures, and in repressing it we get agitated and irritable. So what's really happening is that we're experiencing our emotions and this anger is something that we NEED to experience, we need to find out where it's coming from and go through it, be free of it.

Now for some evidence. Bold font added for emphasis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20095393
"The influence of the original dipeptide drug noopept, known to possess nootrope, neuroprotector, and anxiolytic properties, on the anticonvulsant activity of the antiepileptic drug valproate has been studied on the model of corazole-induced convulsions in mice. Neither a single administration of noopept (0.5 mg/kg, i.p.) nor its repeated introduction in 10 or 35 days enhanced the convulsant effect of corazole, which is evidence that noopept alone does not possess anticonvulsant properties. Prolonged (five weeks) preliminary administration of noopept enhanced the anticonvulsant activity of valproate. This result justifies the joint chronic administration of noopept in combination with valproate in order to potentiate the anticonvulsant effect of the latter drug. In addition, the administration of noopept favorably influences the cognitive functions and suppresses the development of neurodegenerative processes."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19240853
"We studied the effect of original dipeptide preparation Noopept (N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester, GVS-111) with nootropic and neuroprotective properties on the expression of mRNA for neurotropic factors NGF and BDNF in rat hippocampus. Expression of NGF and BDNF mRNA in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus was studied by Northern blot analysis. Taking into account the fact that pharmacological activity of Noopept is realized after both acute and chronic treatment, we studied the effect of single and long-term treatment (28 days) with this drug. Expression of the studied neurotropic factors in the cerebral cortex was below the control after single administration of Noopept, while chronic administration caused a slight increase in BDNF expression. In the hippocampus, expression of mRNA for both neurotrophins increased after acute administration of Noopept. Chronic treatment with Noopept was not followed by the development of tolerance, but even potentiated the neurotrophic effect. These changes probably play a role in neuronal restoration. We showed that the nootropic drug increases expression of neurotrophic factors in the hippocampus. Our results are consistent with the hypothesis that neurotrophin synthesis in the hippocampus determines cognitive function, particularly in consolidation and delayed memory retrieval. Published data show that neurotrophic factor deficiency in the hippocampus is observed not only in advanced Alzheimer's disease, but also at the stage of mild cognitive impairment (pre-disease state). In light of this our findings suggest that Noopept holds much promise to prevent the development of Alzheimer's disease in patients with mild cognitive impairment. Moreover, therapeutic effectiveness of Noopept should be evaluated at the initial stage of Alzheimer's disease."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12596521
"The paper describes pharmacological properties of the new nootropic drug noopept created using an original approach based on the imitation of a nonpeptide nootrope structure by means of the short-peptide design. In particular, the structure of pyracetam was designed using dipeptide nootropes. Experimental investigations of noopept (N-phenylacetyl-L-polyglycine ethyl ester) showed that the new drug exceeds pyracetam both with respect to the effective dose level (1000 times lower for noopept than for pyracetam) and in the spectrum of mnemotropic activity. In contrast to pyracetam facilitating only the early stages of the memory process, noopept positively influences the memory consolidation and retrieval steps as well. The new drug produces an additional selective anxiolytic action. The pronounced neuroprotective effect of noopept was demonstrated both in vivo (in cases of various forms of brain ischemia) and in vitro (on various neuronal models). The drug action is based on the antioxidant effect, the antiinflammatory action, and the ability to inhibit the neurotoxicity of excess calcium and glutamate, and to improve the blood rheology. It was established for the first time that the activity of noopept is retained both upon parenteral introduction and upon peroral administration, which is a principal advantage of this proline-containing dipeptide over other, more complex peptides. This property provided a basis for the development of a medicinal form of noopept for peroral usage. At present, noopept tablets (noopept 5 and 10 mg) are under clinical assessment as a means of treating cognitive deficiency of cerebrovascular and post-traumatic origin."

There are many more studies which are all fairly recent and every one of them shows remarkable promise for this nootropic. A good source for further information, with research citations, can be found here: http://www.whatarenootropics.com/noo...-list/noopept/ * Note to moderators, the last link goes to a page that has a "buy noopept now" link, so it might not be permitted here. Sorry about that oversight. It's a good page otherwise.

Wonderful Experience Report
Excellent post with good use of research papers.
Excellent information and experience report
Very succinct, with sources as always. Thanks for sharing experience and links
Detailed information and feedback. Very factual.

Last edited by Tech House; 22-07-2012 at 21:52.
Old 16-08-2012, 18:52

23 y/o Male from United States
fourtysevenpercent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Wow thanks you so much for that post. I just started trying nooptept(again) this week. I'll be sure to write a follow up once I have enough information for a valueable post. IMO there is some kind of psychedelic intelligence expansion going on. Very positive for fluency of speech and choice of words. More colors, sharper detail, classic racetam effects but more pronounced.
Old 16-08-2012, 22:06
Basoodler Basoodler is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,018, Level: 11 Points: 6,018, Level: 11 Points: 6,018, Level: 11
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

It sounds good, but the price per gram kind of scares me. From what I've seen its roughly 100x the price of phenibut per gram. Is this something you grab a gram of to get through a final or a presentation? Or better to take long term?
Old 17-08-2012, 00:11

23 y/o Male from United States
fourtysevenpercent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoodler View Post
It sounds good, but the price per gram kind of scares me. From what I've seen its roughly 100x the price of phenibut per gram. Is this something you grab a gram of to get through a final or a presentation? Or better to take long term?
From my understand, previous trials, and current trials, Noopept can be purchased for use as an instant boost. Effects can be felt on first try and no need for repeated dosing, although it is recommended I would definitely purchase a gram to try out because you probably wouldn't even want to dose higher than 20mg's after trying higher doses. I think very highly of it as a racetam, probably my piracetam because of how quick you can notice positive effects on mood/anxiety/fluidity of speech.
Old 19-08-2012, 03:08
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.

For acute benefits from noopept (such as using during final exams) I'd go with higher doses and starting a few days early so as to get over some possible side effects such as insomnia. I think a good study dosage would be between 30 and 50 mg a day. However, I don't recommend it. Some of us who have used it have experienced problems with working memory, which could pose serious problems for people who cram for finals and need to have extremely sharp short-term memory. Piracetam is a safer and cheaper way to get a boost. There is a research chemical called 2-FMA that works very well at producing alertness and positive mood with almost zero noticeable side effects, but it's not currently approved for human consumption.
Old 20-08-2012, 07:57
Impure157 Impure157 is nu online
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
There is a research chemical called 2-FMA that works very well at producing alertness and positive mood with almost zero noticeable side effects, but it's not currently approved for human consumption.

2-FMA is a fairly potent (more-so than the standard non-halogenated amphetamines) neurotoxin though, so extreme care should be taken with it.
Old 20-08-2012, 15:15
entity of sorts

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impure157 View Post
2-FMA is a fairly potent (more-so than the standard non-halogenated amphetamines) neurotoxin though, so extreme care should be taken with it.
While most amphetamines display neurotoxic properties at high-doses (and some at low), do you have any evidence to suggest that 2-FMA is actually neurotoxic?
Old 21-08-2012, 04:22
Impure157 Impure157 is nu online
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
While most amphetamines display neurotoxic properties at high-doses (and some at low), do you have any evidence to suggest that 2-FMA is actually neurotoxic?
I don't have any hard evidence but from what I was reading right before I posted that it's believed that most of or nearly all of the halogenated amphetamines cause neurotoxicity by nature of their mechanism of action as powerful triple Serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine releasers.
Old 21-08-2012, 15:08
entity of sorts

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impure157 View Post
I don't have any hard evidence but from what I was reading right before I posted that it's believed that most of or nearly all of the halogenated amphetamines cause neurotoxicity by nature of their mechanism of action as powerful triple Serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine releasers.
Much of that information, in the absence of actual scientific information, is derived from a thread which has largely been debunked by a healthy dose of skepticism. Though, until proper research is conducted to suggest otherwise, it would be safe to assume that large, prolonged doses of any amphetamine might result in a neurotoxic reaction. This discussion can be found in the linked thread, which has a great deal of valuable information. Please direct any further discussion there, so that we can keep this thread on the topic of Noopept.
Old 21-08-2012, 16:52
Basoodler Basoodler is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,018, Level: 11 Points: 6,018, Level: 11 Points: 6,018, Level: 11
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

I just received a gram of this and will test it out next week for exams. I also got phenibut because I've found it helps .. should I avoid taking it with the noopept for better results ?
Old 22-08-2012, 05:49

40 y/o Male from United States
Bigjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I recently received some noopept, but this stuff has a unique odor, to say the least. Nothing like the other racetams such as piracetams.

Is this common with others?
Old 23-08-2012, 14:17
entity of sorts

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoe View Post
I recently received some noopept, but this stuff has a unique odor, to say the least. Nothing like the other racetams such as piracetams.

Is this common with others?
Yes, certified pure noopept has a somewhat acrid odor, accompanied by an unpleasant taste. It is best consumed via a capsule for this reason.
Old 28-08-2012, 07:07
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Shampoo: Did you experience any moment-to-moment loss of working memory? One of my friends had a very bad response to noopept for this reason, she felt more scatterbrained even though she was more alert. However, she has related psychiatric issues (bipolar, ADHD) that may make noopept contraindicated for her.

My earlier issue with working memory lapses while on noopept seem to have vanished since I dropped the dose. I initially went from 30mg a day to only 10mg, stayed there a couple weeks, then felt like I was missing something. I upped the noopept to 20mg a day and this is the sweet spot. I suppose it's not just coincidental that the main Russian website for noopept suggests a therapeutic dose of 20mg a day, taken in 2 10mg doses.

When I went up to 20mg, things "cleared up" for me, I felt more alert and motivated, more productive, and it lifted a mild depression. I remain a pimp for this stuff, but with the caution that those who have preexisting conditions and those who are on prescription meds need to exercise caution. Aniracetam seems like the most gentle of the racetams for people with psychiatric conditions, while piracetam is the most researched, but piracetam *may* trigger mania in people who are bipolar, according to a couple sites I've perused. I've personally experienced less stimulation from aniracetam so I'm inclined to agree with what I've read about the contrast.
Old 30-08-2012, 06:11
Gradient Gradient is nu online
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,644, Level: 16 Points: 12,644, Level: 16 Points: 12,644, Level: 16
Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
moment-to-moment loss of working memory? One of my friends had a very bad response to noopept for this reason, she felt more scatterbrained even though she was more alert. However, she has related psychiatric issues (bipolar, ADHD) that may make noopept contraindicated for her.
Has anyone else noticed this kind of a reaction? Seems reminiscent of a friend's experiences with 10mg+ of amphetamines/methylphenidate, or even high doses of caffeine.

Share this on:

Tags
aniracetam, choline, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, ether, ethyl ether, glycine, msds, noopept, piracetam, sublingual administration, wiki

» New Threads
Lucky Australia, we still have the...
Last post by Cwb20022
6 Replies, 92 Views
Speed or ice?
Last post by secretsmoker92
0 Replies, 1 Views
Cocaine and benzodiazepines /...
Last post by Opiateboi
136 Replies, 129,869 Views
Kratom and skin pigmentation.
Last post by Dankfish