Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 25-11-2011, 20:17

26 y/o Male from United States
huntersthompson should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can you inject trazodone? What is it like?

SWIM cannot sleep and only has trazodone and ativan pills. SWIM has taken 200 mg of trazodone and 3 mg of ativan and has been up for over 24 hours. SWIM has not done any uppers either. SWIM frequently injects zolpidem (ambien) usually 30-100 mg to go to sleep. Is it possible to inject trazodone? If so what does it feel like?

Please no lectures on the dangers of injecting pills. Fully aware of all the dangers of injecting pills and have ignored them and injected all kinds of different pills with no ill effects.
Old 25-11-2011, 20:37
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,130, Level: 12 Points: 7,130, Level: 12 Points: 7,130, Level: 12
Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1%
Re: Can you inject trazodone? What is it like?

Well I'm going to lecture a bit anyway. No ill effects that you have detected, or maybe no ill effects so far. Ever had an occluded artery? Heart attacks and strokes are painful, debilitating, and life-threatening.

One of the main themes in DF posts is harm minimalisation. You are bound to get some feedback when discussing injecting pills. Trazodone was not developed for IV use. It's risks would be amplified when bypassing first metabolism. This may result in an increased risk of adverse cardiovascular effects and priapism. It may kill you.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good information with answer and good for you to take the time to care and give a lecture.

Last edited by Mindless; 26-11-2011 at 12:53. Reason: additional safety issue
Old 25-11-2011, 20:44

26 y/o Male from United States
huntersthompson should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
Well I'm going to lecture a bit anyway. No ill effects that you have detected, or maybe no ill effects so far. Ever had an occluded artery? Heart attacks and strokes are painful, debilitating, and life-threatening.

One of the main themes in DF posts is harm minimalisation. You are bound to get some feedback when discussing injecting pills. Trazadone was not developed for IV use. It's risks would be amplified when bypassing first metabolism. This may result in an increased risk of adverse cardiovascular effects and priapism.
Alright into the juggular it goes.

this is not even funny, just a useless one liner.
hilarious
You should not be allowed here with attitude like that.
Old 25-11-2011, 20:54
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,130, Level: 12 Points: 7,130, Level: 12 Points: 7,130, Level: 12
Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1%

If you want to take risks you have every right to do so. This is something I can appreciate, having done one or two reckless things myself in the context of drug use.

All I'm trying to do is have a mature discussion about the risks associated with IV use of Trazodone. On another note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntersthompson View Post
SWIM cannot sleep and only has trazodone and ativan pills. SWIM has taken 200 mg of trazodone and 3 mg of ativan and has been up for over 24 hours. SWIM has not done any uppers either. SWIM frequently injects zolpidem (ambien) usually 30-100 mg to go to sleep.
Insomnia is a tyrant and it sounds as if you've got it bad. Taking increasing doses of sedatives is a fairly common experience. I don't know if you've sought help for this problem but it might be a good idea to discuss this with a doctor and/or look into alternative ways of restoring a healthy sleep pattern.

Empathetic and understanding, good points made about insomnia.

Last edited by Mindless; 25-11-2011 at 23:28.
Old 25-11-2011, 22:20
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I know several people who have injected pills in the past and ended up regretting it.Even though you say you havent had any ill effects you will be damaging your veins.People who inject pills will run out of places to inject in an incredibly fast time.Just because it isnt sore doesnt mean its done no harm.Of course you have the right to do what you feel is worth doing but if you need to inject please try and find something a bit safer.I knew one person who lost both his legs from injecting temazepam in his groin because he used all his veins in both arms after only 3months injecting tablets.Sorry if it sounds like im lecturing you but i have seen the damage it can cause.Often taking things rectally can increase the effects have you tried that??

a fair suggestion
excellent advice regarding plugging/rectal - well done
Excellent real life ample of just what can go wrong. Caring post.
Old 25-11-2011, 23:09
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

As said, this is a HARM REDUCTION site. People are not going to help anyone hurt and or kill themselves. If you want information without harm reduction then you won't get any help here.

You say you already know the risks of injecting pills, if this is true, then why in the world would you bypass the safety and ask a question with such a ridiculous closing?

Trazadone has the usual harmful side effects and dangerous outcomes as injecting other pills. However, the effects you would get from injecting trazadone is not just sleep, it's most likely death. The reason I say this is because if someone is uncaring enough about such a serious subject and "don't want no stupid lectures" then chances are they are also the type of person who would inject a substance that is NOT meant for injecting.......this means the chances of them doing it in a safe dosage is out the window pretty much.

You won't get to many if any "nice" replies, and I seriously doubt it if you get any replies that just tell you "hey, go for it," and then answers your questions.

Trazadone like just about any other substance when injected will just be stronger in effect, not just for it's intended use, but for the whole body. This is NOT a medication to inject.

There are sites for medication information where no one bothers you with "this is a VERY bad idea, and possibly fatal" crap that you won't find here. I would suggest that you do some searching on medical information sites, start caring more about yourself, and if you need to talk to someone, this site is FULL of people who will talk to you and do care about others......even strangers. I apologize.......no, I don't, I can't say I am sorry for coming off so harsh. You need to care about yourself more and seek the help you deserve (in a good way). If you need to talk to someone, feel free to private message me......or someone else...PLEASE.

Oh, and please don't do this, it's not a good idea, could result in death. There are a lot safer ways to get sleep..............one last thing, certain things that can make you drowsy or sleepy can have the opposite effect if to much of that substance is taken, which could explain why you take so much medication and it don't cause you to sleep.

informative and caring
I liked the harm reduction message in this post, explained fully about harm reduction.
Old 25-11-2011, 23:48
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11

hi huntersthompson,

Welcome to DF and I'm glad that you're asking these questions before IV'ing your pills. You know that the responses you're getting are from kind and well-meaning members, and as much as harm reduction 'lectures' can seem like a pain the ass, we just wanna see you safe, ok?

One thing I'm curious about is this - why do you feel like you should IV the pills in the first place?
Pills are pretty crap like that when it comes to their bio availability - the active ingredient is in tiny amounts when compared to the fillers/binders that the tablet will be full of.
Trazodone is very well absorbed orally and since it is metabolised by CYP3A4 enzymes like opiates, it can be potenated by drinking grapefruit juice before taking the pills, AFAIK.
Plugging (rectal) is another option too, as the bio availability will again be very good.

Just some thoughts to throw out there for you to think about, hon ok?

Lastly, if you are very determined to inject any pill, please do your veins a favour and get some medical grade wheel filters like this:

and have a look at this thread HERE with some useful information on how to prep the pills as 'safely' as possible.
Be well.

Awesome post, touched on every aspect of IVing pills that the OP needed to know about.

Last edited by catseye; 25-11-2011 at 23:52. Reason: correction

Share this on:

Tags
ambien, anxiolytic, ativan, cns depressant, downer, harm reduction, hypnotic, injecting, injecting pills, sedative, sleeping pills, trazadone, trazodone, trazodone high