Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 23-11-2011, 21:41
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from United States
pup555 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Xanax and Oxycodone...what is it like when both are taken?

Sorry if this has been taked about before...Well i just got a bunch of 30 MG oxys and have i usually take 2 MG xanax a day for anxiety. First of all mixing two downers can't be good correct?

Right now i will most likely take 20 MG of oxy a day until i run out. WOuld like to continue the 2 MG of xanax or even just 1 MG...would this be safe and what effect will it have...enhance the oxy, enhance the xanax?

Thanks all

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very good to be asking first before setting your plan in stone (pun intended), many people would blindly pop a few pills and hope for the best or simply dose what their friend does, a very bad practice.
Old 24-11-2011, 03:38
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
mrMarco is a decent psychonaut.mrMarco is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Xanax and Oxycodone...what is it like when both are taken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup555 View Post
Sorry if this has been taked about before...Well i just got a bunch of 30 MG oxys and have i usually take 2 MG xanax a day for anxiety. First of all mixing two downers can't be good correct?

Right now i will most likely take 20 MG of oxy a day until i run out. WOuld like to continue the 2 MG of xanax or even just 1 MG...would this be safe and what effect will it have...enhance the oxy, enhance the xanax?
this combo has killed many people, please use max caution when mixing two CNS depressants

Straight to the point with no bullshit. I like that.
Old 24-11-2011, 04:02
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
Bunnintreez is a decent psychonaut.

if swim has to take the xanax for anxiety i would suggest just taking 0.5 mg and 10mg of oxy...Or try to refrain from taking the xanax at all. But if swiy absolutely must, take the lowest dose possible of each, and increase if nessicary

Intelligent consideration of dose. If OP is 150lbs of below and has zero opiate tolerance, even 5mg oxy w/ 0.5mg xanax wouldn't be a bad idea. Easy to put another 5-10mg in, hard to take out when beginning.
Old 24-11-2011, 05:07
Mercury Member

thanks guys..i am going to bump down the xanax for a few days..maybe only .5 per day
Old 24-11-2011, 05:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Hey there pup555,

Oxycontin's seriously addicting, and as mrMarco just said, mixing the two has been a deadly combination in heaps of people - I think over 4000 people died in the USA from opiate+benzo combinations last year (that's from memory)

To me, it sounds like you want to try Oxycontin and are looking for a reason to do so. If that sounds a little harsh to you, consider the strength you've bought (illegally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup555
First of all mixing two downers can't be good correct?
You're so right. This is something that should only be done when the person is fairly opiate tolerant and under close management by their physician. Temazepam and Xanax, worldwide, are the two drugs that are most commonly referenced in terms of negative reactions with Oxycontin.

That doesn't mean it will harm you, or will kill you of course. But with any level of Xanax in your system, starting with 30mg oxycontin would be a bad idea.

You say you have 30mg oxy's, and are thinking of taking 20mg/day.

Assuming I can't dissuade you from this, and that you can't get them swapped for something smaller, 5mg oxycontin is more than equivalent to 2mg xanax. And Xanax has a long half life. If you crush your oxy's, you're just gonna get high, feel good, maybe feel sleepy. It is almost literally synthetic heroin. You cannot crush a 30mg pill into anything you can use reliably at a low dose sustained over time (to equate to an extended release pill) without something more accurate thatn sub-mg scale. Essentially, you need to be a pharmaceuticals chemist to have the equipment! Sure, you can cut it into 30 and take 10 doses a day, but (2 when you wake up, 6 spread, 2 at night), but do you want to play the lottery with snorting fillers?

However, the reason these aren't prescribed for anxiety is that they work on pain receptors and are a CNS depressant, but are also more highly addictive than anything else on the market. Why not read a few quitting journals if you don't believe me?

So sure, you have some of the CNS depressant effects which keeps your symptoms more manageable. Opiates will make you feel better by removing your give a damn about when you feel worse - initial euphoria (which I accept you might not be looking for) will swiftly wear off, and instead of self-medicating for anxiety, in all likelihood (statistically) you'll be self-medicating for opiate use side effects (including insomnia and anxiety), taking the opiates and the xanax, and back here looking for something else.

While there is a tendancy for anxiety/GAD sufferers to self-medicate (happens in >70% according to one self-report study), oxycodone/oxycontin just isn't a safe medication to self-medicate with. You sound like you're thinking of it as a bridging thing, but there are other things that may be stupid but legal (uncontrolled benzo's (probably not the russian one ), for one thing) that are actually safer in your case. And if you get addicted and your supply dries up, or you find you've increased your tolerance massively - you'll have issues then. Getting oxycodone on the street isn't like buying hash. It's stolen from pharmacies and convoys/warehouses by fraud or by force. It's not synthesised in a lab.

Why can't you go to another doc with your xanax script, explain the problem and the gap issue before your refill, and get a script for X days? It seems like you're seeking justification rather than advice, and I'm sorry, but I can't give that!

Happy to talk more about the reported side effects, death and hospitalisation statistics, or how to be more safe if you won't be dissuaded, but you really have the wrong dose for what you're doing, even if you have the right pill.

best,

Tigey
Old 24-11-2011, 16:22
Mercury Member

Yeah i am just stopping Xanax alltogether for the next few days. Won't be hard to cold turkey it as i have only been taking it for 2 weeks

pup555 added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Quote:
To me, it sounds like you want to try Oxycontin and are looking for a reason to do so. If that sounds a little harsh to you, consider the strength you've bought
I know what oxycodone does and i have tried it before. I was on it for a year after my back surgery.

Last edited by pup555; 24-11-2011 at 16:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-11-2011, 21:23
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Did a doctor prescribe both to you, or are you getting the oxy from another source? Why take oxy at all, especially if you are just recently starting Xanax? It seems stupid to stop something that was prescribed for something else that wasn't.
I don't know how many times I have to rant - benzos + oxy is deadly. I'm so happy Tigey said all that I would have (and much more pleasantly, I must say!). Thanks T - you saved my typing finger.
Old 24-11-2011, 21:42
Mercury Member

^^I got both from different sources. Xanax due to my anxiety and the Oxys for either my back pain (surgery 5 years ago) or for somewhat of a chill night.
Old 29-11-2011, 13:33
Silver Member

pup555:
The best advice I can give you is don't even start with the oxys.
If your living A good normal life with a positive future and would like it to stay that way, "stay away from oxys" especially at 30mgs since 5, or 10mgs would be enough for effect for a non opioid tolerant person,
but be warned
I was once 23 when I started using oxy and it ultamitlyy ruined my life, killing some of my best Friends, leading me to ultimately to become a Heroin addict, loosing my 100K+ job,
What new users don't know but will soon learn after a few days strigh use is its not about the high its about not being "dope" sick
no one ever says ill be a drug addict its an eventual progression that starts with messing around with a lil oxy;
If i could go back in time the one thing I would do is tell myself is
don't fuck with oxys= 1 part pleasure= 100 parts pain

The inevitable and unfortunate truth...
Old 29-11-2011, 13:55
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

MrMarco - I'm sorry to hear that oxycontin lead to such problems for you. I don't know if you used them as prescribed by a doctor, or recreationally, but for those of us in severe chronic pain, they are a Godsend! For the first time in 8 years I was able to work, play with my son, and live a normal life without being in severe pain. I take the 80mg tablets, and yes, I'm physically dependent on them - but as they allow me to have a life, I'm grateful that they exist. You didn't go into how they ruined your life, but if you have a prescription for them, I don't see how they can do anything but save your life if you suffer from chronic pain. There were many times I considered suicide because of the extreme pain - only my little boy kept my from seriously doing it. I get frustrated that this great medication is abused - because it makes getting it much harder for people who really need it.
Old 29-11-2011, 15:44
Silver Member

Quote:
MrMarco - I'm sorry to hear that oxycontin lead to such problems for you. I don't know if you used them as prescribed by a doctor, or recreationally,
"recreationally" to self medicate hydrocodone/vicodin to percocet then Oxycontin eventually iv/oxy then street iv/heroin now methadone

Quote:
I don't see how they can do anything but save your life if you suffer from chronic pain. There were many times I considered suicide because of the extreme pain - only my little boy kept my from seriously doing it. I get frustrated that this great medication is abused - because it makes getting it much harder for people who really need it.
I agree with the fact that they do work incredibly well and should absolutely be available for people that need this medication

I was just pointing out the risks of 30mgs dose for recreational use to pup555

Last edited by mrMarco; 29-11-2011 at 18:50. Reason: add reply
Old 30-11-2011, 19:33

27 y/o Male from India
sunny1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Quote:
Yeah i am just stopping Xanax alltogether for the next few days. Won't be hard to cold turkey it as i have only been taking it for 2 weeks

pup555 added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I know what oxycodone does and i have tried it before. I was on it for a year after my back surgery.

tell me which one is better,

we will share this as per using,

oxy i dont like for the pain killer,

i wa s using this around 1 year before...

very bad expirience..

sunny1 added 4 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

there are some international sources forthem too,

i dont have a good one,

if you think we can get from locally,

tell me how to get a prescription,

thnaks

Last edited by sunny1; 30-11-2011 at 19:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2011, 03:31
BitterSweet BitterSweet is nu online
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from Canada
BitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,639, Level: 7 Points: 2,639, Level: 7 Points: 2,639, Level: 7
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

I have a bit of personal experience with opiates, especially lately. About a year ago, I had a friend who was prescribed every drug you could ever imagine, but I honestly still have no clue as to how; some of these drugs included dexedrine, adderall, ritalin, concerta, tramadol, gabapentin, dilaudid, fentanyl patches, xanax, clonazepam, temazepam. Looking back, he was a living and breathing pharmacy.

Anyway, occassionally I would just chill out on dilaudid. Little did I know at the time it is one of the stronger opiates; definitely a cool feeling, but never became addicted or craved it (amphetamine was my major crux). My friend warned me about the dangers of opiates and benzos, so I am well versed as to the huge "no-no" of doing this.

Lately I have been getting percocets (oxycodone), 7.5 mg/pill. My tolerance has increased because I have been buying them a lot lately. But I also use an array of drugs it is almost shameful to list (well, this is a drug forum, so.. I actively use dexedrine IR, adderall XR, xanax, clonazepam (occassionally), xanax (every day), percocets and nitrazepam when I can get it.

I also tried vicodin the other day, but found it did not compare to oxycodone.
Anyway, I always take xanax with my percs; it is an amazing feeling. But I take a very small amount of xanax compared to my tolerance, usually 1 mg xanax and 2 to 3 percs. SWIM got some nitrazepam last night, and today took percs with xanax and nitrazepam, but only felt minor effects. SWIM took dexedrine this morning as well (yeah I know, just a freaking jumble soup of drugs f*cking up SWIM's health).

Anyway, I check my pulse to make sure it is not at a dangerous level. I understand the implications of taking both, but I wonder if my low amount of benzo combination has decreased the most discussed risk of mixing these two.

I realize percs, nitrazepam (especially being such a rare and sedative benzo) and xanax, is perhaps crazy. But I take it as a minor supplement to alter the high.
Old 03-01-2012, 21:11

22 y/o Male from United States
donnie72191 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Quote:

Thanks all

be very very careful however i have found zanies+oxy+pot=great bliss!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:40
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Keiyentai is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1

I would highly advise agasint it even if you are tollerent to both. Xanax in peticular and percs/oxy love to enhance each others cns depressant properties sometimes to well. I use to be on 5/500 percs in 05 due to a back injury which later turned out to be much worse then originally dignoised but thats for another time. I have also been on and off of benzo's since I was 13 no thanks to a quack Dr and now I am dependant on them I have been able to considrably lower my "need" for them but if I can't find them or I run low....I go batshit and have horrible panic attacks anywho.

I knew Xanax has muscle relaxing properties and I was out of my flexeril so I took 15mg of percs and a 2mg xanax bar and laid on the couch to watch tv. My roomie was playing WoW on his laptop (all he did unless he was at work or sleeping) and he couldn't even tell I was in a semi in and out of conscious state. I did not get off the couch for 18 hours until my exwife came out to see why I was still out there and noticed my breathing was very shallow and I was slightly pale (she should had called 911 but she is stupid) and she dumped a glass of ice water on my head. It got me to snap out of it but ya it was something else and not a good one either. It was like being awake but sleeping/comatose at once. Scared the crap out of me and I have tolerance to both percs and xanax. I would highly advise against adding the tow at 30mg/2mg especially if you are not tolerant to either. I was lucky I guess. To this day I will never mix them again I don't want to possibly cross that magically little "whoops" line and not be able to wake up.

So in a nut shell BE VERY CAREFUL when using them both. if you do cut the xanax down to 0.5 to 1mg tops especially if you have 30mg oxys. What I experienced WAS NOT A FUN THING. I am not trying to encourage you to find this state. I AM WARNING YOU FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.
Old 04-01-2012, 13:15

22 y/o Male from Canada
Liltony420 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

If you have been taking xanax everyday you will have a tollerance to it. I would take the xanax down by half but not much low because you have a tollerance and introduce oxycodone slowly. The risk is serious CNS depression so take half your xanax, maybe half the oxy if you have a sitter, if you feel safe with this you can rethink it. But remember if you are going to be sleeping thats 3 CNS depressants.

Liltony420 added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

If the oxy and xanax make you really tired and stupid do not fall asleep. But if after an amount of time has passed that you know they have both absorbed and you feel confident then you can just split your pills in half and make life easier.

Last edited by Liltony420; 04-01-2012 at 13:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, analgesic, anxiety, benzo, chronic pain, dexedrine, downers, heroin, nitrazepam, opiate, opiates, opioid, oxycodone, oxycontin, self medicate, tolerance, xanax