Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-11-2011, 00:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Female from United States
wonder411xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Addicted to injecting, will snorting still work?

When I first started doing heroin I only snorted it, then eventually started shooting it. It's been about 10 months or so since I began shooting it. I want to quit badly, but would rather just taper off first. My question is, if I'm addicted to shooting heroin, will I still get high/well from snorting it? My main fear of quitting is getting sick, because I was sick before and cant imagine being sick for days/weeks. So if I just go back to sniffing, will it have an effect?
Old 21-11-2011, 01:10

Male from Portugal
LoveNwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Addicted to injecting, will snorting still work?

I decided never go down that horrible road (injecting), so i can't really tell you. But the fastest way to get the morphine molecule to your brain isn't even by mainlining, believe it or not, it's actually through chasing the dragon. The smoke travels faster (At least, that's what books say. So, if you want to quit IV, i say you should get some tin paper and a straw and... go for it

LoveNwar added 6 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I forgot to ask: what type of heroin do you get? It's important to know. White heroin burns baddly and it's not suitable for smoking (only IV or snorting), brown powder - usually called "horse" - is great for smoking and shouldn't be injected, finally black tar... well, BT is so dangerous that i don't think you should use it at all. Man, if you can, just quit altogether heroin isn't a future to anyone.

LoveNwar added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

And sorry for me keeping saying "man...". I just realised you're a lady.

Last edited by LoveNwar; 21-11-2011 at 01:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-11-2011, 02:20

26 y/o Female from United States
wonder411xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

I do scramble. I don't know what they call it everywhere else, but I live in Baltimore. But it's in a capsule and mainly more whitish. It's raw dope sifted with some type of cut. I've never done BT. Soo,... no smoking scramble??
Old 22-11-2011, 08:10

Male from United States
ftplinx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

Might I inquire as to why you say Black Tar is so dangerous? Swim thought the brown powder was basically the same as BT just processed differently
Old 22-11-2011, 12:58
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

^^ black tar users seem to burn out their veins much sooner - perhaps down to the impurities and processing. They are also more likely to suffer with wound botulism and other pretty nasty injecting-site infections

to the OP, snorting probably is not the 'best' route, from a bioavailability point of view. Quite a lot of it will end up dripping down the back of your throat and heroin does not have a high absorption rate when ingested. So you may find it takes a lot more insufflated to get you well. Be careful when switching routes as you don't want to overdose because you've overestimated your tolerance!!
Smoking will be difficult to say the least if the gear you get is H4 (one way to tell is, does it dissolve completely without the addition of citric acid when you prep a shot?). It tends to frazzle/burn rather than vaporise.

The next-best ROA is plugging (up the bum) compared to injecting when discussing bio availability and effects/onset etc. It's fast and almost as effective as IV'ing. There are threads here if you UTFSE that detail how to do it.

Getting off the needle will save your veins that, lets face it, you need It reduces exposure to infection and blood borne diseases too. If you want to quit you will have to experience withdrawals at some point and to some degree - that's pretty much a given, sweetie.
Be safe and keep us posted if you'd like
Old 22-11-2011, 23:43
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.AltrdPercption really adds to the discussion.
Points: 984, Level: 4 Points: 984, Level: 4 Points: 984, Level: 4
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Just because one uses one ROA more than others, does not mean that the others will not work.

The IV route allows for your body to absorb more of the drug that you are putting into it, thus increasing ones tolerance to the drug. So if you decide to start snorting, because you will get less of the drug you will have to use more.

If you really want to quit, it can be done. Obviously, you do not want to quit cold turkey, and I certainly do not blame you. You can try to taper yourself off of the heroin, by just using decreasing amounts of the drug over a time frame you decide or you could try and get into a program, such as methadone or suboxone. There is also a somewhat new drug called Vivatrol, which you get as a shot once a month. The vivatrol is neltrexone, which is similar to the naloxone within the suboxone. I have no experience with the vivatrol, but suboxone has gotten me off heroin twice and currently am still clean.

Best of luck too you , and stay safe.
Old 14-04-2012, 07:16
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from United States
lovage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1

SWIM switched from shooting to snorting, she most definitely gets well still, and also gets high, although the high is a lot different, less intense, not so many nods. It takes some getting used to, but it still works.
Old 14-04-2012, 08:15

38 y/o Male from United States
Sargent Leper is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Hey buddy I feel your pain and fear.
You may not want to hear (or read I guess) what I have to say. But here goes anyway. I'll be brief with my boring history but t ties into my advice so real quick:
When I started using I smoked dope for maybe he first two years. I'm sure you know how it goes when smoking or snorting just doesn't do it for you anymore. So you go iv. But then after that first and second month of spending less and getting full on rushes and nods for the first time, your right back at where you no longer get high. I had it pretty bad because I was so bad to my veins that after a while, I couldn't hit anywhere. Neck, legs, feet, hands, never went penis but it was bad. So I had to settle for muscle shots. Which I'm sure you know DO NOT compare. So actually it made it easier for me to quit, dope wasn't doin a god damn thing for me at all.
Anyway buddy here is my philosophy on kicking. And obviously you can take it or leave it.
The thing is unless your gonna go suboxone or methadone or something to that affect, it's gonna hurt. Hell even some of those maintenance programs hurt at times.
Here it is: you can dilly dally with cutting back, switching delivery methods, do the chinese water cure etc. But at the end of the day there is no silver bullet.(in my opinion) Especially if you have been using a lot for a while. Everytime I wanted to leave the detox facility I got clean at, while I was puking, unable to sit still for a single second, hot,cold,hot,cold, you know the drill. Every time I wanted to give up I just thought to myself "your gonna have to kick sometime" maybe you could give in now but are you gonna be able to score money and dope for the rest of your life? Your dealers will never get busted? Run out? Can you for sure stay out of jail yourself?No way. And in the mean time it only gets worse. The more you wait, the harder it's gonna be. Ya know? I ran for 3.5 years, hustling non stop. Ya i may have spent an afternoon sick or a morning, but that entire time i was slamin' dope. When i finally got clean, it HURT man. Im sure there are people who have had it worse than me.... My point is at some point for one reason or another you'll have to stop.
So for you, you can try switching back to snorting, but in my expierance your just gonna be frustrated at not feeling anything near the iv rush when you snort. You'll end up spending more to stay well. And in the end, if you are successful at slowly weening down, which you may be able to do, I don't know you. I hope you can.

But the thing is I really believe after all that trouble, it probably won't change the kick all that much. I really think if you don't want to deal with any pain maybe try suboxone..? I don't know what your situation is and if thats possible/ but if you have any questions about anything or need to talk whatever emal me
Good luck

Post Quality Evaluations:
sensible and solid advice, good personal perspective!

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, addiction, analgesic, black tar, diacetylmorphine, diamorphine, drug, drugs, heroin, injecting, opioid, shoot heroin, shooting heroin, snorting, snorting drugs, snorting heroin, snorting suboxone, suboxone