Old 16-11-2011, 17:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
billyrafeeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Shooting through Suboxone

My pet cat just shot through suboxone. This was how it went:

Kitty has been injecting 4 mg Suboxone daily for many months, then decided she wanted to do some heroin.

So day 1 of the plan, she injected 2 mg instead of 4 mg in the morning, then about ~.50 mg at night.

Day 2, injected another ~.50 mg in the morning, then another ~.50 mg at night.

Day 3, injected ~.3 grams of heroin, and got a decent rush. Effects seemed to be cut in half...

So she did the heroin ~60 hours after her last 4 mg injection of suboxone, and ~48 hours after a 2 mg injection of suboxone, and got a decent rush and half the effects out of it.

I'm putting this information out there so that anyone who may want to shoot through suboxone can use this experience to make a decision.

Damn, kitty really missed heroin...she went 7 months without it. She's satisfied right now though
Old 16-11-2011, 17:48
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Re: Shooting through Suboxone

Awww, thats too bad. I am sure you were better off with the suboxone.
However, advising someone how to shoot through a drug meant to help with withdrawals, to a more dangerous drug, is not in the interest of harm reduction.

Good reading of the rules regarding first person use though!
Old 17-11-2011, 15:42

35 y/o Male from England
MadOne needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

unless they was ampules kitty shudnt be shooting up suboxone for a number of reasons i, the large amount of fillers in these tablets ii, the naloxone contained in them should block any high acheived from buprenorphine. in the uk non methadone using injectors used to inject temgesic 200 + 400mcg buprenorphine and subutex 0.4mg 2mg and 8mg buprenorphine tablets some used to say they was strong but when those suboxone was introduced here instead of subutex most people was took of subbys n onto suboxone so most if not all stopped shooting them so they must block each other out or something i dunno never been on em or tried em.

Do you actually get anything off it or does it just stop you from withdrawing instantly without the wait (like injectable methadone) ??? intregues me as why any1 would inject what is basically a drug used to reverse opiate overdoses !

peace out
Old 17-11-2011, 16:19
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is nu online
holier than thou

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,970, Level: 13 Points: 7,970, Level: 13 Points: 7,970, Level: 13
Activity: 40.0% Activity: 40.0% Activity: 40.0%

MadOne,

Back in the day the Wolf was not yet addicted to opiates he used to shoot up 2 mg tabs of subutex. The effect was much more intense than from the Heroin that was available at that time.

So yes, it does something for you, although it is not very smart to inject meds that are meant for sublingual use.
(But man, there's no cooking up. just dropping the pill in the syringe, putting water to it and shake it around a bit)

Gross, I know, to not filter such a gooey substance, but people make mistakes, and the Wolf is just one of them...(Never had heard about harm reduction these days)

TBBW
Old 19-11-2011, 21:27

I know it is dangerous to inject Suboxone, and I do not recommend that anyone does it. Kitty is just a desperate junky. However, I feel that it is perfectly acceptable to share her experience here because many people DO do this and many people will, and there are hundreds of posts on forums from people asking "How long do I have to wait to do a full opiate agonist after buprenorphine?" and most people just talk about half lives, which for buprenorphine is VERY complicated and depends on so many factors. It helps when people like me state experiences as references that way we know how long it takes for someone on 2mg daily, 4 mg daily, etc. Now people who are on 4 mg daily can use Kitty's experience as a reference...and by the way, I should have added she is 145 lbs and 21 years old, and has been on Suboxone for 7 months.

And actually this does apply to harm reduction. We don't want someone to try shooting up heroin 24 hours after taking Buprenorphine, not feel anything, then shoot up way more heroin to try to get high and O.D. At the same time, we don't want them waiting the same time Kitty did (Day 3) then think "Well I'm gonna need 4 times my normal dose of heroin to get high since I've been on Suboxone" then end up with an O.D. Because that's what Kitty almost did, she almost injected a whole gram of heroin expecting to need it to achieve a good rush, but decided to only do 1/3 of a gram, and ended up satisfied.

Oh, and although it isn't safe, you can inject Suboxone, the Buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the opiate receptors so the Naloxone doesn't have an effect. Kitty has injected both Suboxone and Subutex (Subutex is only Buprenorphine) and they both feel the exact same to her. She's gone from Suboxone to Subutex, back to Suboxone, and back to Subutex again (complicated story there) and she has never noticed a difference besides the fact that Suboxone leaves an orange taste, as opposed to the yummy taste heroin leaves...mmmm...wait we're not talking about heroin...okay moving on...

And about getting high on Suboxone, Kitty would get high as fuck when she first started it, and injecting it gave a decent rush (nothing compared to heroin though) but after 7 months, now she just feels normal when she does it. She keeps injecting only because it has twice the bio-availability as snorting and plus it comes on faster which is great when she wakes up cold and shaking and feeling like shit. And she hates snorting or taking it under the tongue. None of these are good reasons to inject a pill that isn't meant for injection and she needs to stop, but addicts like her don't have much self control.

billyrafeeky added 5 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Ah I'd also like to add, Buprenorphine isn't only used to stop withdrawals, it's also used to help with cravings, to ease pain (Kitty has a messed up back), as an anti-depressant (she hasn't been depressed since starting Suboxone), or just recreational reasons, because even if/when it doesn't get you high, it still makes most people feel good. Someone on a forum explained it perfectly, "You don't get high, but you feel like a million bucks!"

Last edited by billyrafeeky; 19-11-2011 at 21:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-11-2011, 22:12
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Herbs&Hopes is on the way upHerbs&Hopes is on the way upHerbs&Hopes is on the way up
Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

Billyrafeeky,

I have recently had assessments with a practitioner who would potentially be able to supply me with bups/subs at the end of my treatment if I am having difficulty stopping my opes, or he said it also worked for pain and as well worked on mood/depression, he said he could tr me on the bups/subs if I wanted not for getting off opes, but specifically as a prescription pain reliever doubling as antidepressant. I told him I would have to gain some information and think about it before making a decision either way which he understood.

You post have warmed me up quite a bit to the notion of starting the bups/subs, should I find myself in a postition where I am not recieving decent pain relief via regular pain relievers or I am having difficulty stopping the opes by taper.

Thanks for the insight into how they make one feel. Before you were inecting them, did they still make feel good if simply insufflated?
Old 20-11-2011, 08:42

They feel good any way taken, but only get on it if you really must, its a bitch to get off of, it takes much longer than regular opioids.
Old 22-09-2012, 08:38

Male from Australia
theashman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Agreed!! I am also a desperate junkie who blasts anything possible, sometimes impossible back when I was too young to know what is water soluble...but anyways theashman's liver is suffering from too many years of drug abuse, heroin is definately healthier to blast but is an expe$I've habit to sustain when your a little more burn out and also more dangerous in a lot of ways. Anyway off to rehab again soon to try and get another 6 years clean.....
Old 28-09-2012, 02:51
Mercury Member

Male from United States
poop mayer needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyspy View Post
Awww, thats too bad. I am sure you were better off with the suboxone.
However, advising someone how to shoot through a drug meant to help with withdrawals, to a more dangerous drug, is not in the interest of harm reduction.

Good reading of the rules regarding first person use though!
^This. Also, In all of SWIM's experience, you have to wait a considerable amount before being able to use a real opiate after suboxone. But that defeats the purpose of suboxone, you should be on it to NOT do other opiates. just my two cents.
Old 18-04-2013, 23:43

46 y/o Male from United States
kingopain should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Okay, I've read most of the posts above, thoroughly, and I haven't seen anything which alludes to the experience my pet dog just had with shooting approx (broke pill) 4mg of suboxone. First, let me say that my pet dog has a very long-term (approx 24 years) relationship with opiates/opioids and he has used them in virtually every conceivable way. He is currently using oxycodone 20mg and 100+25mcg Fentanyl patches for pain management.

That said, he thought he would execute his "bright idea" of shooting a suboxone; after all, he has shot virtually every other opiate med he could get his paws on. Unfortunately, he chose to do this while at work, as he did not expect much, if anything, as a result of doing this; WRONG!!! Holy Crap!!! This rather innocuous-sounding drug just about dropped him on his ass before the tie was completely off his arm/leg!!! Seriously, he says that this was one of, if not THE, most intense hits he has ever experienced to the extent that it made shooting a full 75mcg patch of Fent look like "child's play"! AND, not just momentarily, either. It is about 6:30 pm EST and he banged this at about 3:00 pm. He has only just come around to the point that he feels "functional" again.

The experience:
First of all, this was NOT pleasant!!! It was just too intense and he actually thought that this might be all for him. He had to keep telling himself that "This will pass. This will pass; just hang-in there.", and it did, eventually...but this is not an experience that he will be revisiting any time in the foreseeable future; in fact, not at all, unless he somehow loses his complete memory of this horrible experience.

One of the worst things about this hit was that his bowels became "liquid" almost immediately. Fortunately, he had the foresight to do this in the bathroom so this wasn't as much of a problem as it might have been, otherwise. However, as I mentioned earlier, he did this at work and was confined to the bathroom for no less than thirty minutes following the drop of the plunger.

My advice, based on what my pet dog has shared with me, is that this can certainly be done but it is not recommended. My pet dog reckons himself to be a bit of a "thrillseeker" and this was a bit too much "thrill" for him to seek again; he's just glad he made it through this experience to seek thrills elsewhere in the future!!!

As for the method, this is how he did it:
He broke an 8mg Buprenorephrin/2mg Naloxone tab (white with 155 imprint on one side and a crescent moon on the other; the "new" generic suboxone) into two halves and dropped half into a spoon with 1.3 ml water. It dissolved quickly and he dropped a cotton filter into the spoon and drew the majority of the liquid into the syringe. He hit a vein on his left arm after tying-off, and sent the mixture "home". He unwrapped the tie and began to pull the syringe out while he reached for a cotton ball to dab the drop of blood on his arm. He stumbled where he stood. He pressed the cotton against his arm and looked into the mirror as his entire body flushed and broke out in a heavy sweat. His heart began to pump and beat heavily and he looked and felt pale and weak.

He immediately began to clean-up his "scene" because he thought he would be "checking out" shortly and didn't want anyone to find him with all of his paraphernalia scattered about. After a few terrifying moments, he perched his arse on the counter next to the sink and took a few deep breaths. At this point, his stomach began to churn and rumble, which sent him directly to the toilet.

Afterwards, he felt a little better, as the rush began to pass but he felt the way he would expect to feel if something like Clorox was coursing it's way throughout his body via the network of veins that went virtually everywhere. After about 30 minutes, he had enough courage to emerge from the bathroom and attempt to get back to work. He went to his desk where he promptly nodded off for almost an hour! He woke up and began to pace and walk around until he began to feel like he was going to make it through this experience.

So, if that sounds like "fun" to you, by all means, knock yourself out. But, my hope is that my description of this experience will preclude some of you who are thinking about trying this particular drug in this way not to do so; it simply is not worth it.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:25

31 y/o Female from United States
User-friendly fem is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

And with that said (regarding the previous post), I have a friend who enjoys intravenous use of suboxone use on a regular basis. Albiet different with each user, it can be said that my friend finds iv use of this drug delightful, not to mention my friend is able to function quite efficiently at work and in social atmospheres. So, my advice is be aware that there is danger that exists in the iv use of suboxone but using drugs intravenously, in itself, presents dangerous risks, especially when the user is an amateur. Tread lightly.
Old 26-07-2013, 03:13

35 y/o Male from England
MadOne needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

It cant be a pleasant expeience injecting suboxone surely ? Maybe subutex but surely not suboxone filter those pills guys they sure are not good for you !

Post Quality Evaluations:
It is against forum rules to discuss rep received in a thread. It is also incorrect for you to have been negatively repped over conflicting information that should be dealt with in the discussion itself instead - so you can debate the issue properly.

Last edited by MadOne; 09-08-2013 at 20:24.

Share this on:

Tags
buprenex, buprenorphine, drug, harm reduction, heroin, injecting suboxone, injection, opiate, opioid, opioid addiction, opioid dependency, suboxone, subutex, temgesic