Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-11-2011, 22:29
attacK attacK is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 07-07-2009
23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Posts: 10
attacK should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Here is my friends guide to not getting addicted.

"I've used heroin for 2 years, I have a theory that cigarette smoking reduces the hit, i've gone without smoking for two weeks now and it seems to have gotten stronger, I think this is due to the dopamine not constantly being released."

He says too;

Do it once a fortnight, do a few bags over the course of that day, then stop. ALWAYS USE FRESH KIT! Don't think about needing it constantly, think of it as 'at the end of my fortnight, I can have a day of pure relaxation. Remember that addiction makes the world ugly, you don't want to be another statistic. Fear addiction, and make sure that if you do start to feel addicted, stop immediately and do something else for the time being. I know this sounds like torture and would to a lot of my junk buddies, but I've managed to stay healthy and still able to enjoy the drug for 2 years, without ever feeling I couldn't go without it. Addiction is ugly, heroin is not.

Anyone else got any methods to prevent addiction?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Somewhat dangerous to advertise a failsafe way of avoiding addiction
This is a dangerous method and very unlikely to work.
sounds like your friend just has a low-grade addiction. Heroin has variable addiction potential in each individual, so give a guide that tries to be authoritative in any way is idiotic.
Outright dangerous "suggestions" with no baking, heroin is addictive, no matter what your "secret" is
  #2  
Old 11-11-2011, 00:15
ratgirldjh ratgirldjh is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-2011
54 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 565
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

yeah sure! don't you have dreams about it? my rattie girl would and still does after 12 years away from it!!!

Post Quality Evaluations:
useless one-liner
  #3  
Old 11-11-2011, 10:15
mickey_bee Gold member mickey_bee is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 17-09-2008
26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Posts: 1,018
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Just wanna point out, that suggesting it's possible to use heroin regularly and not get hooked is a potentially misleading, and certainly dangerous idea to put out there.

There are indeed some people who can use regularly for a time, - months or years - and then move on, without a problem. But these people are not common. And it's all to easy to forget that fact.

It's also important to remember that most people who successfully 'chip' and then move on, do so as a result of external events out of there control. For example, moving to a new place, losing the dealer(s), getting a new girlfriend vehemently opposed to gear, etc.

It's easy to think then, that because you flirted with heroin where so many others fell in love, that you're somehow different, or simply have 'strong willpower'. The reality is, anyone, if exposed to heroin for long enough, WILL become addicted, both physically and mentally.

A lot of people fall pretty much straight into heroin addiction, for a lot of reasons. A lot more 'chip' for months or years, before eventually waking up an addict. I personally 'chipped' for close to 2 years before finally getting hooked.

It's such a shame that you can only see the inevitability of your addiction after you become addicted.

That's why you post on here, in the, (usually futile), hope of passing on knowledge that can only be attained through experience, to those who have not yet had the experience. Tough gig.

It doesn't matter whether you've been a chipper for 6 months or 6 years, if you continue to have access to heroin, you will become an addict. At the end of the day, the time spent chipping will be nothing more than a brief foreword to the epic-fucking-tome that is heroin addiction.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Straight up, no nonsense truth re. chances of smack addiction - great post.
Totally agree - insightful and balanced post about the reality of strong opiate use over time.
  #4  
Old 12-11-2011, 06:00
billyrafeeky billyrafeeky is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 29-10-2011
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 27
billyrafeeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_bee View Post
Just wanna point out, that suggesting it's possible to use heroin regularly and not get hooked is a potentially misleading, and certainly dangerous idea to put out there.

There are indeed some people who can use regularly for a time, - months or years - and then move on, without a problem. But these people are not common. And it's all to easy to forget that fact.

It's also important to remember that most people who successfully 'chip' and then move on, do so as a result of external events out of there control. For example, moving to a new place, losing the dealer(s), getting a new girlfriend vehemently opposed to gear, etc.

It's easy to think then, that because you flirted with heroin where so many others fell in love, that you're somehow different, or simply have 'strong willpower'. The reality is, anyone, if exposed to heroin for long enough, WILL become addicted, both physically and mentally.

A lot of people fall pretty much straight into heroin addiction, for a lot of reasons. A lot more 'chip' for months or years, before eventually waking up an addict. I personally 'chipped' for close to 2 years before finally getting hooked.

It's such a shame that you can only see the inevitability of your addiction after you become addicted.

That's why you post on here, in the, (usually futile), hope of passing on knowledge that can only be attained through experience, to those who have not yet had the experience. Tough gig.

It doesn't matter whether you've been a chipper for 6 months or 6 years, if you continue to have access to heroin, you will become an addict. At the end of the day, the time spent chipping will be nothing more than a brief foreword to the epic-fucking-tome that is heroin addiction.
I understand that your post was meant to promote safety and prevent people from doing heroin thinking they can keep it under control...I'm glad you did, it's a good thing. Whether you've done heroin or not, you should know that if you try to do it just once or every once in a while, there's a high chance of becoming addicted eventually, and it's best to avoid it completely.

However, you saying "Anyone who is exposed to heroin long enough will become addicted" is just false. It's true that most people would become addicted, but not "anyone". SWIM is not one of those people...he tried to use heroin responsibly but became addicted after a year of dabbling. But there ARE people who can dabble indefinitely without becoming addicted.

The important thing to keep in mind is, NEVER assume that you are one of those people who won't become addicted. The only fool proof way to prevent addiction is to never do it. Nevertheless, you cannot say everyone who dabbles indefinitely will become addicted...it's simply untrue. Even if 99% of people who dabble eventually become addicted, that is not "everyone" which is what "anyone" means in the context you used the word.

But I agree with your point...never assume you won't become addicted, because most likely you will if you continue to use, no matter how infrequently.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please don't quote entire posts.
You're disagreeing with a premise that the poster maintains isn't an absolute in his first sentence, and otherwise repeating mickey_bee's points.
  #5  
Old 12-11-2011, 23:53
ructions ructions is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 28-11-2010
42 y/o Female from Ireland
Posts: 96
ructions is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Swim used to think that she would never get addicted either! When she was much younger she would come across gear only once in a blue moon, when she did she'd smoke it. She'd just smoke it once & then maybe a year later she'd come across it again & smoke it again.

Then years later when she was older & should have known better she started using heroin regularly, first at weekends & then more & more often until it was every day......

Swim had a good job so she could use every day & about 4 or 5 months passed of daily use, she had never gone without heroin so she didn't know what withdrawals felt like. She would sit there with her other using friends & she'd say "i'm not the kind of person who gets addicted, i could give this up tomorrow & i would be fine, sure i'm ONLY smoking it" & this is what she truly believed! She thought it was ok to 'JUST' smoke heroin & she thought that even though she used every day that she wasn't hooked, dear god was she wrong.....

Then one night she rang her dealer & her dealer didn't have any gear, she was new to the scene so she didn't know any other dealers at the time. She was disapointed that she couldn't score so she went on to bed & thought she'd be ok till after work tomorrow, WRONG!!!

She woke up in the middle of the night with withdrawals, it was so frightening! Hot sweats, cold sweats, cramps, feeling worse then she had ever felt before, i will never forget that night, i felt like i was surrounded by demons!

She wasn't able to score till 5pm the next day, she will never forget shivering in her friends car as she waited for her dealer who was late as usual!!! Besides the horrible feelings of W.D's, her state of mind was nightmarish! Her whole world came crashing down around her as she realized that this was it, it is what life was going to be like from now on, she was indeed full addicted to heroin. All i could say was how could i have been so naive? What was i thinking......

Many years of heroin use has passed since then & countless W.D's, but i'll never forget that one. A lot of people think they can avoid addiction, but i think they are underestimating the power of heroin.
  #6  
Old 13-11-2011, 07:28
Herbs&Hopes Herbs&Hopes is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-12-2010
Male from Earth
Posts: 296
Herbs&Hopes is on the way upHerbs&Hopes is on the way upHerbs&Hopes is on the way up
Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

The only, and I repeat only reason I feel safe regularly using any opiate/opioid (oxycodone in this case), the ONLY reason I feel semi-secure with being dependent, is because I have finally recieved a script for them after several years of battling through an injury that really needed them from day one. Still, every dose I am thinking of the days when, if I still require these, and I have been unable to get any decent breaks in, the docs wont keep raising doses past a certain point and tapering down and a jump back to without will be inevitable, really, really hoping I can finish recovery before needing to taper/break while still requiring pain relief. Is there some sort of trick to long-term pain management with opioids besides trying to alternate few days on, few days off before tolerance gets to high and one is unable to alt. the few days off every 8-10 days..? I am at that stage now since being on fentanyl.... fucking uneducated doctors starting people on fentanyl..wtf.. I was so happy I had lasted four years into my injury without harsh opiates and that is what I get for my second opioid, just past codeine...
  #7  
Old 13-11-2011, 08:20
billyrafeeky billyrafeeky is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 29-10-2011
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 27
billyrafeeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
attacK,

Your post is pure pathetic B**ls**t of someone who did not think about the full impact of their deeds.
You are guilty of not knowing it better, although you could have known, by reading in the Addiction and recovery section / opiates of DF.

Among the users of opiates may be some do not get addicted. Why have I not seen posting on here? When they know how to do it without consequences?

I'd really like to read an experience report of one of these... why ain't such around out there?

Simple answer: They don't exist. Period. Anything else is utter bullshit.

TBBW
Dude...I agree with your point, but you are contradicting yourself.

First you said "Maybe some do not get addicted", then you said "They don't exist, period, anything else is utter bullshit".

I just talked to someone yesterday who said he's done heroin 7 times in the past two years. He said he doesn't do it all the time even though he easily can, because he used to be addicted to vicodin and never wants to be addicted to opiates ever again. And hey, maybe he WILL eventually become addicted to heroin...if he keeps it up he probably will! But you can't say he will for sure.

Yes, those people do exist. Most people will get addicted, but not ALL.

YES, you should NEVER do heroin or ANY opiate and assume that you won't become addicted. But some people honestly won't. And there's no way to tell, so everyone should assume they will become addicted if they use. But you are dead wrong in saying that people who don't become addicted don't exist...maybe 1 out of 100 people won't become addicted, but that's still 1 person out of 100.

billyrafeeky added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I understand that safety and harm reduction comes first...but to lie and say that EVERYONE who messes with opiates from time to time will become addicted is just that - a lie. You can say most people, but you cannot honestly say all people.

Last edited by billyrafeeky; 13-11-2011 at 08:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #8  
Old 13-11-2011, 11:41
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is offline
Anti Matter Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-2010
49 y/o Male from Germany
Posts: 2,886
Blog Entries: 6
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,212, Level: 14 Points: 9,212, Level: 14 Points: 9,212, Level: 14
Activity: 52.3% Activity: 52.3% Activity: 52.3%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrafeeky View Post
First you said "Maybe some do not get addicted", then you said "They don't exist, period, anything else is utter bullshit".


I understand that safety and harm reduction comes first...but to lie and say that EVERYONE who messes with opiates from time to time will become addicted is just that - a lie. You can say most people, but you cannot honestly say all people.
I left the possibility that some people will not get addicted. My question nonetheless remains worth being asked: Why don't these people post on here for evidence?

DF now has about 100.000 members. If only one would post about their dabbling in heroin on a regular basis without getting addicted I'd surely review my statement. But since they do not do so, I stay stating that they just don't exist.
Some believe in Santa Claus. does this belief mean Santa exists? There is a chance that he might, but as long as he himself does not post on here "yes, I am Santa Claus and I exist", I just don't believe in his existance.

BTW, I think that there are times some people won't get addicted to H. Same people in different situations might react some other way.
It is impossible for anyone to foresee the consequences that come from their ab/use of heroin. An unknown small quantity might stay unaddicted, most (and that is near to 100%) don't manage to do so.

Hope I made my pov clearer now.


TBBW
  #9  
Old 13-11-2011, 13:48
Dark Mage Dark Mage is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 08-09-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 250
Dark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way up
Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attacK View Post
Here is my friends guide to not getting addicted.
When SWIM was between 17-19 years old (2 1/2 year span) he use to do Heroin for a few weeks, then would stop for 3 months, then do it again, then stop again until suddenly at the age of 19 (life changed and got a new girlfriend) he started doing it every day and caught a habit... Its been almost 12 years since and SWIM is at the Methadone clinic at a 160mg dose (decrease from 180mg) and just recently stopped using Heroin.

SWIM thought he had "The Magic Plan" and would say "Not Me, I'll never get addicted, I'm different".... Boy was SWIM wrong. The fact is no matter who you are, no matter what your plan or "Method" is. The chances of getting addicted significantly out-weigh the chances of not. There's no such thing as a "Method" of not getting addicted. It's just a matter of time and is based on the overall amount of times used. The longer one uses (over a period of time), even with breaks in-between the more likely of getting addicted.

The best thing to do is "Quit" while your ahead and stop thinking there's a "Method" because there isn't. Nobody and I mean Nobody is not susceptible to Heroin addiction.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 13-11-2011 at 14:18.
  #10  
Old 13-11-2011, 16:27
mickey_bee Gold member mickey_bee is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 17-09-2008
26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Posts: 1,018
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Want to use but not get addicted? 2 week method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrafeeky View Post
However, you saying "Anyone who is exposed to heroin long enough will become addicted" is just false. It's true that most people would become addicted, but not "anyone". SWIM is not one of those people...he tried to use heroin responsibly but became addicted after a year of dabbling. But there ARE people who can dabble indefinitely without becoming addicted.
Hey.

I don't know, in my experience, the only people who've ever successfully dabbled without becoming addicts, are people who've had their access to heroin removed before they got hooked.

But as for people who've had a permanent access to heroin for a decade or more, (for example), and have chipped throughout that entire period without once falling into addiction - I've never come across one.

I really do feel that as heroin addiction is ultimately a physiological change in the brain's functioning, it doesn't matter who you are, if you're exposed to it long enough, you will become addicted.

The speed at which you fall into addiction is something that can be affected by a lot of different things.
But I don't think it's possible for someone to chip for their entire lives, without becoming an addict, unless their access to the drug is periodically removed before they build up a physical addiction.

I've just heard so many people, primarily young men like myself, trying to make out that they're different from everyone else, they've got 'stronger willpower', they can just do it etc.
And the only ones who don't end up addicts, are those whose access to the drug is removed before they become hooked, - meaning they then spend the rest of their lives misguidedly believing the youthful arrogance that could have easily destroyed them.

This is only my opinion, formed from my personal experience and theories, so you may well be right, I just can't see how it would be possible.

Post Quality Evaluations:
valid point about accessability of heroin vs. addiction

Share this on:

Tags
addict, addicted, addicted to heroin, addiction, addiction advice, analgesic, avoiding addiction, dealer, diacetylmorphine, diamorphine, drug, drug addict, drugs, drugs-forum, heroin, heroin addict, heroin addiction, heroin use, opiates, opioid, recovery, using heroin

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Profile of Heroin (debate) ExHedonist Heroin 118 15-05-2014 04:40

» New Threads
what was the first drug that you...
Last post by laron16
123 Replies, 10,029 Views
How Hard was it for you to get...
Last post by tidruid
21 Replies, 1,274 Views
loperamide what do you know?
Last post by Beenthere2Hippie
1 Replies, 19 Views
lyrica for opiate withdrawal!?!
Last post by LuLu81
6 Replies, 244 Views
How big of a dose for a first time...
Last post by SpatialReason
4 Replies, 171 Views
I tried MG seeds for the first...
Last post by xX420WizTacoXx
3 Replies, 77 Views
good h in Pennsylvania anyone?
Last post by djmatrixvmcs
4 Replies, 11 Views
Addicted to Loperamide-New Year,...
Last post by Ellen042
197 Replies, 11,747 Views
Please help - Need support -...
Last post by Butter Bigsby
16 Replies, 493 Views
Help finding new injection sites...
Last post by Daver87
0 Replies, 1 Views
» New Wiki Articles
GHB
NET

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:40.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved