Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 03:36

48 y/o Male from United States
acman13 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
counterfeit Hydrocodone

I'm sure this subject has been covered but I couldn't really find an appropriate place to post it or an appropriate post to add it to so I decided to just start a new thread.

My cat who has a monthly prescription for 10Mg hydrocodone for chronic pain decided that he needed more than the 120 prescribed by his PM Dr. Each month he receives them from the same pharmacy and they are blue and are imprinted Watson 540 which is Hydro 10/500. He has been taking this drug for about 3 years and they work great.

Like the dumb-ass feline that he is, he decided to go to the internet and purchased 90 10Mg hydrocodone which are imprinted Watson 853 and are smaller and yellow in color. The problem is that these are not hydrocodone but are the best counterfeit pills anyone has ever seen. He has seen these pills many times over the years from local pharmacies and the internet pills are ALMOST exactly the same. The only difference is that the font of the 853 is slightly different and is only noticeable with his little kitty magnifying glass. Also after he took 4 of them, he slept for almost 8 hours straight in the middle of the day. After a lot of research he has decided that everything else about them is perfect. Right down to the fact that they are exactly 14mm in length as specified on Watson's website.

His question is this: Should he follow up with the internet pharmacy or just write it off as a rather large cash loss? He really wants to push the issue with the morons who may kill somebody since they are the only ones who know the ingredients.

He has ordered through the net before many years ago and never had a problem. He now sees that things have changed.

What would you do? Any thoughts guys and girls. My cat is rather pissed off about this and is not one to sit back and get ripped off so blatantly. He already knows that what he did was stupid but wanted some other opinions and also wanted to warn others of this problem.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

acman13 added 299 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Quite a few views but no opinions? really?

Last edited by acman13; 06-11-2011 at 03:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-11-2011, 05:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - Arizona
baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3
Re: counterfeit Hydrocodone

I think you should post around the net which vendor it was so that anyone who looks into it can avoid being burned by the same people, but beyond that I have no idea whether its worth trying to get them punished. Never tried to do anything like that when I was scammed, just took it as an expected risk.
Old 06-11-2011, 15:34
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

Considering that purchasing such things online is not the best idea, I would say that the said person actually got off light. No, it's not cool that something that could be so dangerous is being sold, then again, no one should ever think that doing something so risky is really going to work out.

The poster above me says it all, it's an expected risk. The said person COULD go after the online vendor, but that's also drawing attention to that individual, and they really don't want that. Now, if it were something that is not so against laws, then by all means, go to a reputation online site and bitch away, let others know what is going on, hell, if it were something completely legal, call the better business beuro (sp)(providing your country/state has one). With this situation though, people should always "buyer beware" anything they order online, and for those who do not, sadly sometimes bad things happen to people, that's why research and harm reduction is so important.
Old 06-11-2011, 17:44
Titanium Member

Male from United States
snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Maybe I'm just not creative enough, but I don't think there's much you can do other than post that they are a scam on as many other websites as you can.

Complaining to them might not do much -- what kind of a scammer gives a shit about customer complaints? Since it's illegal to buy hydrocodone on the internet, it would be difficult to file complaints more formally than just anonymously on the internet.

Maybe look at the return address on your package, call local police, and tell them that illegal drugs are mailed from this location? Don't mention that you got scammed, say you were in business with them and you want to make an anonymous tip
Old 07-11-2011, 19:18

My cat is just pissed because he knows better and lost his little kitty mind for a few hours and this was the result. He should just walk away with his tail between his legs but he isn't a pussy cat.

He is determined to do something about this.

acman13 added 1310 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Just an update.

The company agreed to make good on the order and has shipped 90 Watson 540's to replace the Watson 853's which they are claiming to be defective somehow. They weren't interested in hearing from the authorities I suppose.

I will follow up after they are received tomorrow.

My cat is very leery at this point and he is keeping his expectations low.

Last edited by acman13; 07-11-2011 at 19:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2011, 01:38

32 y/o Male from United States
hydro82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

damn that sucks tell your cat that I am very sorry that he got scammed.. your cat is very lucky he was not poisoned or that the FBI did not take down his info and take him to the pound. my cats friend learned his lesson a while ago not to order meds off the net anymore because the FDA has cracked down on the real websites that had goodies a long time ago. our cats where very upset too.

hydro82 added 6 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

my cat hopes everything goes good for your cat with the new shipment.

hydro82 added 4 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

sorry to post again be sure your cat brakes one in half and taste it first. he will know how a real ones taste

Last edited by hydro82; 08-11-2011 at 01:38. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-11-2011, 23:39
Titanium Member

Female from United States
DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

So did you get the new batch yet?
Old 17-11-2011, 23:44

Sorry it took so long, but yes my cat is an extremely happy kitty now! The unnamed company was nice enough to ship 110 10mg Percs in a sealed bottle. These were brand name and perfect quality.

He has also ordered again and received 90 Watson 540's also of the highest grade. I guess my threat was enough to get their attention. All is well and it appears that my cat has a constant reliable hookup for as long as they are around.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02

Female from United States
riskybusiness should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

As a long-time sufferer of degenerative disk disease, I'm faced with chronic pain that my PCP is reluctant to treat with Hydrocodone on a regular basis. She has no problem prescribing Soma as a preventative measure for muscle spasms, but this isn't effective long-term treatment and it doesn't help for pain relief.

Post Quality Evaluations:
do not ask for drug sources.
source requests are strictly against the rules that you agreed to. Don't even try it.

Last edited by Gradient; 04-01-2012 at 03:19. Reason: source request removed
Old 03-01-2012, 19:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
DillyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybusiness View Post
Are you, by chance, able to share the name of the provider you used for the meds your kitty is now taking??
That's a big no-no. I'm sure the OP knows this, which I assume is why with this long of a conversation of the matter he has yet to do so. Don't ask, you'll just be asking for trouble!

Post Quality Evaluations:
excellent reminder of the rules. Source discussion is not allowed in the general forums

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, counterfeit drugs, dihydrocodeinone, drugs, drugs forum, hydrocodone, internet drugs, law, lortab, narcotic, norco, opioid, pharmacies, vicodin, vicodin es, watson