Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 05-11-2011, 00:19
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
roastlamb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Purple MDMA question

hi, so my dog's friend has started providing purple MDMA instead. He is a trusted friend of the dog and is pretty genuine. He claims its a lot better than what he used to provide.

Has anyone heard of purple mdma?
Old 05-11-2011, 00:39
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,800, Level: 21 Points: 21,800, Level: 21 Points: 21,800, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: Purple MDMA question

A specific colour, smell or even a shape of pill or print is not enough to identify the quality or even what it is.
If it is MDMA powder then it might have had a colouring added to make it stand out, but without testing it then it could be anything. Dealers can cut their drugs with anything and there is no way to say that the purple powder you have is the same quality or even substance as a purple powder someone else buys.

Much like pills. If 10 people have or share the same press they can make pills with anything, its just impossible to guess, same with powder.

Maybe its better, maybe its worse and the colour is added to make it more interesting. It might even be the same stuff you bought before with a colour added.
Old 05-11-2011, 00:48
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
roastlamb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
A specific colour, smell or even a shape of pill or print is not enough to identify the quality or even what it is.
If it is MDMA powder then it might have had a colouring added to make it stand out, but without testing it then it could be anything. Dealers can cut their drugs with anything and there is no way to say that the purple powder you have is the same quality or even substance as a purple powder someone else buys.

Much like pills. If 10 people have or share the same press they can make pills with anything, its just impossible to guess, same with powder.

Maybe its better, maybe its worse and the colour is added to make it more interesting. It might even be the same stuff you bought before with a colour added.
Thanks for clearing that up, my dog tends to judge quality based on the crystals so he will see when he gets the powder. He asked this question as a cause for concern in case a certain dangerous substance was added. You can never be sure as anything is added these days.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Definitely take heed of Ianzombie's post. Although, the dummy wants to say that he has never seen purple MDMA POWDER before. He would be weary of purple mdma powder, what was used to stain it purple, and what was the purpose of doing that?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:55
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I read this http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...drug+test+kits and think a drug test kit would be a good investment for anyone who really wants to know what it is that they are ingesting.
Old 06-11-2011, 21:40
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Bluflame is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My dragon has come to realize that colour means very little. Like any chemical to change the colour is easy.

He can also tell you that he has Dark purple Mdma Crystals a couple of weeks ago and its FUCKING AWESOME.... But this not does not mean yours is the same.
Old 06-11-2011, 23:43
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from Italy
mr.kite is on the way upmr.kite is on the way upmr.kite is on the way upmr.kite is on the way up
Points: 511, Level: 3 Points: 511, Level: 3 Points: 511, Level: 3

According to my friend's recipes book, purple/pinkish coloured impurities often form in the last step of mdma synthesis, specifically during reductive amination from 3,4-MDP2P. Lots of pictures in that books also confirm this to be true for other similar processes. You can see what it looks like in the picture below during aqueous work-up after the final step.
Also, they say this impurity remains in the final crystal/powder, if not previously removed. They don't mention in the book what that is, but definitely not something good to me. Anyway, they suggest a tiny amount of coloured by-product can be tolerated.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Gives some sort of real answer to our question on a scientific basis, even if we still don't know exactly what the mystery impurity is or whether it's biologically active or toxic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pink-purple.jpg (78.1 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by mr.kite; 07-11-2011 at 13:45. Reason: completeness
Old 19-12-2012, 06:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United States
Usernam3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Purple MDMA

Old school deadhead showed me purple crystals. Previous batch was more powdery but tested black on multiple kits. LEGIT.
Can anyone tell me more about purple mdma? color was very vibrant. lilbit was provided, it was good, just wanna know more about this. The color looked vivid, and chunks of crystal had me in <3 from the moment I saw it.
Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 29-12-2012 at 05:35. Reason: threads merged
Old 17-09-2013, 13:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
Mihkal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

I have been searching for a definitive answer regarding the presence of purple hues in some highly-crystalline (usually "moonrock" quality) batches I've read about. This all started after a friend told me about an overwhelmingly positive experience he had with such a sample back in 2008. So far, though, I've only been able to conclude that it's relatively rare/seldom reported, and that there's a general consensus among those who've come upon it that it's "really good".
Old 17-09-2013, 13:47
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kaleb is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I have some red MDMA powder, I actually did some over the weekend. When I bought it a while back the dealer told me the red colour was due to the stuff being smuggled in wine bottles. The potency was good, don't think colour has much to do with that.
Old 17-09-2013, 17:32

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,269, Level: 20 Points: 19,269, Level: 20 Points: 19,269, Level: 20
Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7%

(usually "moonrock" quality) ~~~ that's not a thing. Many substances can be made into "crystals". Please don't use visual appearance to judge quality.

The red from wine bottles bit is ridiculous. MDMA is often red from left over chems in the reaction. I can't see a realistic way of smuggling in wine bottles that wouldn't be obvious, or would let color seep in without ruining the drugs.
Old 17-09-2013, 17:50

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,800, Level: 21 Points: 21,800, Level: 21 Points: 21,800, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

How would it turn Red from being in red wine bottles?
That makes no sense.
They would have to be stupid to use bottles with any liquid in them, and glass alone is not going to effect it. It sounds like a pretty terrible way to try and transport drugs. I could understand maybe one or two empty bottles in every few cases full of MDMA that was professionally sealed to help prevent it being ruined from heat or moisture, but no one is dumping valuable drugs into bottles of vino.
It sounds like your friend is just trying to sound like he knows stuff.
Its more likely that either food colouring was added to make the product stand out, or there were some impurities in it.
Regardless, it has to be tested.
Old 18-09-2013, 00:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
Mihkal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
(usually "moonrock" quality) ~~~ that's not a thing. Many substances can be made into "crystals". Please don't use visual appearance to judge quality.
Sorry I didn't mean to use "quality" in the sense of "on a higher end of some scale from bad to good" but rather as in "a characteristic or aspect of a thing". I've seen people rerock substances enough to know that appearance should not be used to identify a compound, nor to estimate its purity.
Old 18-09-2013, 12:57
Back From the Big House

Male from Australia
Docta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
How would it turn Red from being in red wine bottles?
That makes no sense.
They would have to be stupid to use bottles with any liquid in them, and glass alone is not going to effect it.
Well I got to go with the color coming over from the red wine.

Anthocyanins are one of the chemicals that give wine its color depending how low the pH is. pH 3-5 is red, pH 7 (neutral) is purple, so I'm thinking this colored impurity and the fact it has a connection to the Hydrogen Ion Concentration (pH) of MDMA HCl salt may not be coincidental. When raising the wines pH to extract the MDMA freebase oil a mild basing agent would be used to limit the amount of side reactions. Sodium carbonate would be a best guess, an alkaline sodium salt/wine solution depending on temperature, lets say about 20°C could get up to pH 11 or so. With the MDMA precipitating as freebase oil the Anthocyanins now clear as a result of the heightened pH should have mostly been destroyed but with the increase in pH Anthocyanins become less soluble in water and more soluble in oils.

After the MDMA freebase oil layer is separated from the alkaline sodium salt/wine solution it would be dissolved into NP solvent and gassed. The neutralization reaction of an acid and a base creating MDMA HCl salt with any Anthocyanin impurity's without a net charge also being acidified they would regain there characteristically purple color. End result of extraction would be purple MDMA.

Just my opinion.
Old 19-09-2013, 20:50
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
fotia is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

This is only a rumor as far as I know and not sure of its legitimacy but I heard racemic selegiline (racemic deprenyl) was purple and that it was sometimes used to &quot;enhance&quot; the ecstacy pills. Kind of makes sense since not only is it a pro-drug for speed but also would enhance the high due to mao-B inhibiting properties............

The only 2 things i can reference is one user on this forum stating something along the lines of "SWIM received a racemic selegiline that was a purple sludge and it works way better than selegiline levocitrate" and there is also info online about selegiline being used in sitting duck ecstacy tablets and other tablets. (But it's not purple). I was hoping someone might know more about it.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 08-02-2014 at 17:40.

Share this on:

Tags
3.4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, amphetamines, drugs, ecstasy, entactogen, mdma, mdma color, mdma powder, molly, reagent test, reagent test kit, reagent test kits, stimulant, test kit, test kits, xtc