Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 05:08

Male from Canada
$mokey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Vomiting after oxycodone help

Hi

Orally Injested 10mg oxy no time release then another 10mg after one hour. Weight 120lb (55kg).

It's been six hours and swim has vomited 5 times. Nausea comes and goes. Any suggestions. Swim can't keep anything down.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:39
Titanium Member

Female from United States
KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Re: Vomiting after oxycodone help

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I need to know a few details in order to give you proper advice.
  1. Do you have any prior tolerance to Oxycodone?
  2. If so, what is your usual dosage?
  3. Any other symptoms besides the vomiting?
  4. Are you on any other opiates OR opiate antagonists?

In the meantime, remain hydrated. Drink water (not TOO much) or a sports beverage with electrolytes. You're losing fluids rapidly when you vomit, and it's lot harder to stabilize an electrolyte-imbalanced individual. Do you have anything with ginger? I used to prepare crystallized ginger for my ex-significant other when he would dose with opiates, because it made him want to vomit. The crystallized ginger helped with that, immensely. It is basically boiled ginger root with cane sugar. You could also make ginger tea if you've only got powdered. If you have no ginger, a simple carbonated beverage like club soda or even better ginger ale will help. Take it easy at first.

Report back when you can.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:42
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is nu online
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,949, Level: 13 Points: 7,949, Level: 13 Points: 7,949, Level: 13
Activity: 37.8% Activity: 37.8% Activity: 37.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mokey View Post
Hi

Orally Injested 10mg oxy no time release then another 10mg after one hour. Weight 120lb (55kg).

It's been six hours and swim has vomited 5 times. Nausea comes and goes. Any suggestions. Swim can't keep anything down.

Any suggestions?
Welcome on DF.

Nausea and vomiting is a well known side-effect of (oral) opiate ab/use.
This should stop after 12-16 hours. There is nothing you can do about it as long as the opiate stays in your system.
If it lasts longer than 20 hours or other issues appear, you should seek medical attention.

For the next time any issues appear. Do not seek for help on the internet, no one, not even a trained person can diagnose anyone over thze internet. If something occurs that feels scary, call for an ambulance or go to the ER yourself. Don't drive under the influence of any drugs, better call for help.

Hope you get well soon.
TBBW
Old 01-11-2011, 06:17

Male from Canada
$mokey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

Only used oxy a couple times usuall dose 10-15.

Hiccups and burping sometimes both at the same time

$mokey added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Yesturday swim lo had alcohol and .5g cola.

Last edited by $mokey; 01-11-2011 at 06:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-11-2011, 06:50
Titanium Member

Female from United States
KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Well, TBBW summed up pretty well what you're most likely experiencing. Take it easy, have a light snack when you can get it down (things like rice or bread in small amounts at a time), and remember to stay hydrated.

I oftentimes get hiccups when I take my Dilaudid (hydromorphone). The same also occurred when I was on Percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen). It drives me crazy because it doesn't stop easily!

Your dose is relatively low so all I can recommend is that you prepare yourself the best you can if you do decide to repeat the oxycodone. Be well-rested, have some nutrients in ya, and make sure that you're able to stay awake during the entire duration of oxycodone's effects. If you knock out, you could choke on your own vomit. I've seen it happen and had to intervene, it was painful to witness yet alone to go through that. If you have serious but realistic doubts with regards to the level of your consciousness, make sure you're in the company of a trusted individual who can call for help if needed.
Old 01-11-2011, 14:25
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Pretty normal reponses - I used to get hickups all the time when I first started on MS-Contin 15mg. Vomiting /nausea is pretty common too. At least it's not a long-acting tablet, so the effects should last 4-6 hours at most. Why did you take a 2nd tablet so close after the 1st? Until you get used to this dosage, it's safer to just take one tablet at a time.
Old 01-11-2011, 14:51
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.Each Hit must live here.
Points: 1,253, Level: 5 Points: 1,253, Level: 5 Points: 1,253, Level: 5

in my friend's experiences, oxycodone induced nausea and vomiting quite often. he could never quite figure a reliable method to prevent it, which is unfortunate because if he had not felt so ill, he would have enjoyed it (the times he was spared the sickness, he was quite pleased). my friend has better luck with hydrocodone. it does still cause vomiting and nausea, but less often. each body is different, though, so what my friend has experienced should not be applied as a generalization for every user. (note: my friend also rarely uses opiates, so perhaps a tolerance helps)
Old 01-11-2011, 15:03
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

try pre-loading with ginger, either candied or powder in capsules. Take them 15 minutes before the oxy.

Had the same issues when I had kidney stones, the first three doses came RIGHT back up (pulled the pills out of the mess), even though I'm not opiate naive. Fourth dose got better.

Also try not to move too much, just chill in a chair for a bit, don't watch anything too crazy on TV, no fast action movies or anything with lots of movement.
Old 03-11-2011, 14:52
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Narsick is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

My dog never really gets sick off of Oxy, but rather Hydro. Though, each have the same side effects. Like others have stated, stay hydrated, drink some ginger or eat some tums Always start small, don't rush it or you'll pay.
Old 15-11-2011, 06:52

Male from United States
Canadian2500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Why has no one mentioned dimenhydrinate sold under names such as Dramamine and Gravol to name a few. SWIM has found that as little as 25mg of this drug to me fantastic for nausea and also helpful in pain induced insomnia. A great med to combine with RX narcotics.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, drug, drug overdose, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, ginger, opiate, opiates, opioid, overdose, overdose symptoms, oxycodon, oxycodone, oxycodone overdose, oxycontin, percocet, time release, ups