Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-10-2011, 17:06

24 y/o Male from United States
TRIPLE_H is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Took my buddy's methadone and now I want to bang some H. Problem?

I haven't been able to get any H for a few days and didn't want to kick. My friend always has methadone available so I got a few 10 mg pills from him. I took 5 mg of methadone orally yesterday around noon and tried shooting some supposedly decent dope from this morning and felt nothing. My friend shot the same amount and was nodding. I just read that methadone blocks the euphoric effects of other opiates, of course I read this after I banged a full 10 mg of it about 2 hours ago. Well now my connect is back so I can get some good H again. By the time I get the H it will have been about 4 hours since I shot the methadone. How long should I wait until I indulge in some good ol' heroin? I don't want to waste my time and money by shooting some shit if I am not going to get a rush and nod off. Keep in mind that I have only taken methadone 3 times over the past 3 days and not anytime before that. Any help would be much appreciated.

TRIPLE_H added 9 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

I posted this in the wrong forum. I am truly sorry for bringing up a topic like this in the recovery section of the board.

Last edited by TRIPLE_H; 29-10-2011 at 17:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-10-2011, 17:07
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Dark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way up
Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3
Re: Took my buddy's methadone and now I want to bang some H. Problem?

SWIM has been as high as 220mg of Methadone (taken orally) daily and could feel the effects of Heroin. It all depends on the quality of the Heroin. If the Heroin is of low purity, a person won't feel the effects on Methadone. Also, 5mg and 10mg is a pretty low dose of Methadone, clinics typically start patients at 30mgs.

If SWIY isn't feeling the effects of Heroin on 10mg of Methadone, then SWIM would suggest finding another source.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 29-10-2011 at 18:27.
Old 29-10-2011, 17:12

So what you're saying is that if I get good quality stuff the methadone shouldn't make a difference? And I looked up the methadone pill I got and it is in fact a 10 mg pill.
Old 29-10-2011, 18:18
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

10mg of methadone isn't gonna block anything. Methadone doesn't "block" other opioids from working; in fact, it's an opioid agonist in its own right. People on MMT (methadone maintenance) tend to not be able to get high on other opioids because their opiate receptors are super-saturated with the methadone; methadone attaches more strongly to your brain receptors than many other opioids but isn't quite as euphoric, so when you're well-saturated with methadone & try to shoot up some Heroin, your brain says "Sorry, Heroin, the receptors are all filled up with methadone right now!"

5, 10, 15mg of methadone isn't gonna block a dose of quality Heroin. Perhaps your buddy who nodded out had taken benzodiazepines prior to dosing with Heroin? I could still feel a shot of Heroin, right up through to reaching a daily dose of 90mg of methadone. So 10mg shouldn't really block anything.

Buprenorphine (Subutex or Suboxone, which is bupe + naloxone), however, *DOES* block the effects of other opioids. Bupe is both an opiate agonist (gets you high) & an opiate antagonist (blocks your high) in its own right - Subutex (just bupe) will block other opioids just the same as Suboxone (bupe + naloxone aka Narcan), the Narcan in Suboxone is just to prevent IV abuse. Even so, very low doses of buprenorphine (2mg & less) don't fully saturate the opiate receptors, so some of the effects of other strong opioids can often be felt on top. However, one is far more likely to "waste" their money if they've taken bupe & want to shoot Heroin, than if they'd taken methadone & then want to shoot Heroin.

TL;DR: the Heroin you got before couldn't have been that great, because 10mg of methadone shouldn't affect anyone's ability to get high on Heroin after dosing it.

~Kailey

ps. I know you didn't ask about or mention buprenorphine in your post, but I thought I'd throw the information out there just in case.
Old 29-10-2011, 18:26

that pretty much settles it.. thanks for the confidence boost!

TRIPLE_H added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

and good call because the buddy that was nodding is always offering me klonopin to take with my shit so you are most likely correct about that as well

Last edited by TRIPLE_H; 29-10-2011 at 18:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-10-2011, 18:38
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14
Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1%

TRIPLE H,

I second to the above post.

The Heroin you beforehand have taken cannot be of a too good quality, else there should have been at least a bit of a rush, taken on top of the Methadone.

Methadone is in fact a long-acting Opiate, which means that it stays much longer on your receptors than short-acting ones like Heroin, Morphine etc.

Methadone has a half-life- time of 18-36 hours, depending on the individual.
The effects of Methadone filling the opiate receptors should be wearing off after one day (24 hrs) after the last ingestion. So you should wait until tomorrow if you want to have a decent kick/rush from Heroin and not waste the stuff/ money.

While your receptors are filled up with Methadone, additionallly taken Heroin can easily lead to an overdose of opiates.
Be careful and wait long enough to let the effects of Methadone wear off.

Stay safe

TBBW
Old 29-10-2011, 18:40
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
Suboxone (bupe + naloxone aka Narcan), the Narcan in Suboxone is just to prevent IV abuse
Just an off-topic sidenote, the naloxone in Suboxone doesn't actually prevent IV use, not at all. I have no idea what's the real reason it has naloxone in it, but numerous bupeheads around the globe IV that shit all the time. (Had something to do with buprenorphine getting across BBB faster than naloxone? Don't quote me on this.) I didn't notice much any difference to Subutex really, maybe a subtle change which can be placebo, shrugs.
Old 29-10-2011, 20:49
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

fehs, I totally agree & the literature actually says the same. *lol* On the lower doses, the bupe just attaches too strongly for the naloxone to be of any significance.

~Kailey
Old 29-10-2011, 23:19

fyi, the methadone had no effect on the product i just got, i feel great.. thanks for the help!

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, buprenorphine, drug addiction, heroin, injecting buprenorphine, methadone, naloxone, narcan, opiate, opiate addiction, opiate receptors, opioids, recovery, shooting buprenorphine, suboxone, subutex

» New Threads
what was the first drug that you...
Last post by jbamford11891
121 Replies, 9,869 Views
Cigarette Brand Stereotypes
Last post by Roll1N
56 Replies, 28,904 Views
tramadol methadone
Last post by Joe29
6 Replies, 186 Views
AMT - is it worth it?
Last post by mandy23