Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 29-10-2011, 03:57

Male from United Kingdom
midlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
does cocaine work with naltrexone

A friend recently fell off the heroin wagon after 10 yrs clean and had a naltrexone implant fitted. During the previous 10 yrs he relaxed, with friends with alcohol and cocaine on a bi monthly ish basis without any problems. post implant he was prepared to forgo the effects of alcohol - naltrexone is well documented in its use with alcohol dependancy. HOWEVER!!! he's also reporting that try as he might he cannot seem to get his coke kick either. and cannot find a definitive answer on whether this is because the opioid receptors the naltrexone is sitting on are the same receptors his coke needs to access. He's also been prescribed Lofexidine (for US friends this is similar to clonidine - to treat withdrawl symptoms).

Does anyone know for sure whether his implant messing with his coke buzz or is it the Lofexidine? Two tried and tested sources have been sampled so it's not dud gak.

And if the former does anyone know whether there is any pharmacological way of booting off that pesky naltrexone with a stronger agonist / some other method that doesn't involve huge dangerous doses of whatever if he fancies a night out?

He fears 3 months of reality without any recreationals may be too much to bear. he doesn't enjoy speed or ice so that ain't an option.

Any help to dispel his growing sense of "omg what the f*ck have I done" would be much appreciated.
Old 29-10-2011, 05:26
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: does cocaine work with naltrexone

my pet sheep wason naltrexone for a couple of ears bk in 2000-2002 and ended up staying away from opiates but became a part time crackhead which certainly worked but the horrible comedown was twice as hard as he couldnt have his usual hit of brown afterwards to fend it off for a portion of this time he wasnt workin so turned to selling powdered coke to fund his weekend warrior crack habit but started using his coke too but ended up becoming psychlogically addictted to it too and physically if he didnt have it he would wake up shaking etc but usually woke with blood over his pillow from his nose but would proceed to rack up 2 fat lines just to get himself going in the morning, so to me the coke worked,maybe a bit of the euphoria was gone with naltrexone being there but the chance of addiction is still there and its very esy to replace one with th e other so please stay safe and dont end up doing what my sheep did as good coke definetely still works and keep ur usage to a inimum as u well know how easy it is to relapse on the h when ur on a comedown and ur implant has worn off ,keep it real and keep it safe,peace
A

Aberdonian added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

ps sorry about thr parafraphs and spelling im a bit islxecic

Aberdonian added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

id also say its the lofex thats stopping you getting the hih as it does opposite of coke ie lowers blood pressure etc

Last edited by Aberdonian; 29-10-2011 at 05:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-10-2011, 05:40

Male from United Kingdom

thanks for posting aberdonian. weird tho. as well as powder my FOAF tried crack too - just to check. And other than being unable to sleep seems unable to get a high from that either! my FOAF appreciates your well wishes and cautions over relapsing tho. duly noted.

however - he's still confused as to why no high on coke - ESPECIALLY after your post... your pet sheep seemed able to buzz. Yet my FOAF cannot.

he can put this down to only 2 things: the implant was mixed with some other drug which blocks coke highs (read something about brand variants and will get him to confirm with evil doc who should have fecking mentioned this if the case).

Or it's the lofexedine. but that seems unlikely.

bewildering....

and getting expensive now!
Old 29-10-2011, 05:46
Banned

imho id ssay the britlofx has something to do with it s it slows heart down and lowers blood pressure to stop noradrenaline flooding thru your body and giving you the rls etc that comes alng with opiate wd , just my 2 pence worth
A
Old 29-10-2011, 05:50

Male from United Kingdom

just saw yr post re lofexedine possibly being to blame. no more shall pass my FOFA's lips until this mystery is resolved. but found nothing online to support this. you would think that if it's so damn effective as a blocker it would be used as a regular medication for coke addicts in the same way naltrexone is for heroin users?
Old 29-10-2011, 05:55
Banned

my sheep thinks lofeidine is meant to be a temporary drug just for getting thugh wds but cant remember as its been so long since he tried them and he hated the taste and smell of them,yuk can still remember the taste to this day
Old 29-10-2011, 06:09

Male from United Kingdom

yeah - they smell bad. but yesterday was the last time my FOFA will be smelling them if you're right about it being the culprit. yes - just temp for withdrawals so no longer needed. still can't find anything on the net to confirm this tho. wiki says it's similar to clonidine so checking that - but no joy so far with definitive. My FOFA really really hopes your hunch is right tho!
Old 29-10-2011, 13:14
Banned

morning midlife, dont ur friend think that with the naltrexone drinking is very strange? i used to take much longer to get drunk but it was possible but didnt get the numbness id usually get from large amounts of alcohol i found it a totally different experience to drinking without it,i also ended up with a benzo habit too during that time as i had no h to come down with , is ur friend drinking along with his coke? seemingly alcohol whilst taking coke changes the c to cocaine ethylate or something which ptenshiates the charlie but be careful i think it increases risk of heart attack etc too-dont take my word for it tho google it im just spouting things iv heard in the past or read in the paste! hope u get info u need for your friend
Old 29-10-2011, 17:19

Male from United Kingdom

hey Aberdonian - yeah - my FOAF says it's well weird. It actually makes him so sleepy drinking that he can never really get drunk. He konks out before hand. He has just bought a properly nice bottle of vino which is chilling in the fridge and hoping he can get it down him tho )

Thanks for the alcohol / coke warning. Too late for my FOAF on that score I'm afraid. He's been mixing the two for thirty years with generally pleasurable results. But point taken.

I have some more test results to report anyway. Last lefexodine now around 36 hours ago. My FOAF just tried a wee pipe. Nanda. Well maybe a little lightheadedness - but not the real deal. And the taste he reports compared with before is vile! And afterwards queasiness.

Yes - the benzo thing is an issue. My FOAF is mitigating the jags he was hoping to get with them so it's a watch out.

He's getting well panicky now. 3 fecking months with nowt to chill with (weed and amphetamine based recs out)

My FOAF was thinking of asking me to repost this question in the drug chemistry section to see if any eggheads out there might be able to explain the scenario, but I've read warnings about cross postings. I'm a newbie. do you think this would be ok? I do value your advice btw. my FOAF just not experiencing what you did. Which is worrying. And it's nice to hear your friendly voice out there. My FOAF is well down. You know what it's like after a kick. (
Old 29-10-2011, 17:56
Banned

Yeah i know what its like,once ur body chemistry returns to as normal as poss with that naltrexone crap in it your friend should get a hit off coke my sheep did esescially with the crack which was around then but my sheep is greedy he throws on a q of a ton rock on for one pipe but he always used to regret it as however he had in his pocket it would be gone in a matter of hours sitting in some dingey flat buying rock after rock and then having a huge comedown devestated he had no more money on him hed make sure he had no more than 350 on him if he had went for a fortnightlt crack binge but was always full of regrets but did it again anywway ater a couple of weeks so tell ur friend to watch out as im sure he knows how moreish crack can be lol! just give it a wee bit of time off th lofexidine and im sure he'll be fine but tell him to keep it to weeknds A
Old 29-10-2011, 18:37
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I also suspect that the Britlofex is responsible to some degree. I know that when I take clonidine regularly (which is very similar to Britlofex), it blocks much of my cocaine high. In fact, I'd take it after a day/night of indulging in cocaine (via IV for the most part, in case it matters) in order to ease the comedown (whether or not this is safe, I'm not certain, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!).

So, a few days off the Britlofex should make a difference, I would think.

However, be very careful to NOT fall into the trap of becoming a cokehead since you can't get off by using Heroin/opioids or alcohol. It's a *VERY* common occurrence that people who start, say, MMT end up hooked on cocaine/crack for a period of time, as they can no longer get off on opioids & feel the need for "something". I know you mentioned doing just fine with cocaine & alcohol recreationally in the past, but now you don't have alcohol to "smooth out" the cocaine (provided you can get it to work, ha).

~Kailey
Old 29-10-2011, 22:12
Banned

i tried to rate your post jus now KE and it let me fill the top box in but for some reasone it wouldnt let me rate it with the stars, this has happened a few times to me how do i get arownd this?
Old 29-10-2011, 23:10

Male from United Kingdom

hold the goddam phone!!!! Aberdonian and Kailey - my good FOAFA reports a dramatic development. While not 100% up to days of yore - my FOAFA reports the buzz is coming back! last three pipes - all resulted in the expected shizzle (tho not half as nice as as the love and marriage that is horse and crackage).

KE - duly noted. My FOAF although a fiend on opiates is less inclined to serial abuse any form of coke / just too jageddy without it's partner. but thank u and I'm aware.

And great tip - re chlonodine following day. will give this a try. At rehab they refused to administer if blood pressure too low apparently, so after a session my FOAF imagines blood pressure to be the opposite so cool to chomp.

Saying he's not a fiend, he sincerely wishes he'd invested in more this afternoon now that this evening things are picking up. that lefexodine sure has a long half life. and why the feck aren't docs jumping on it to treat chronic crack or coke issues. totally kiboshes the fun. as effective as naltrexone v. opiates in my FOAF's opinion.

thanks for your support guys over this difficult time. btw aberdonian - i had the same issue re starring your replies. only one box. i'm on a macbook running safari. perhaps it's a formatting thing?
Old 29-10-2011, 23:30
Gold Member

kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute

I think you can only rate with one star, because you only have one green rep box of your own.

The amount of rep you can give/take still depends on your rep "power" to a degree, and your "rep power" is a small percentage of the rep points you've received overall. So, try giving out one green star, or a yellow neutral star, and see if that works. If yes, then that's the issue; if not, we'll have to bring it up with Alfa.

And if it does work, I'd make the suggestion that this is more clearly stated so people understand why they can't give more than X number of stars.

I've been able to give the maximum for a while (well beyond the maximum, actually!), so I can't test the issue myself.

~Kailey
Old 29-10-2011, 23:41

Male from United Kingdom

thank k - tho i think aberdonian and myself are experiencing same issue we get the following message:

Why do you approve or disapprove of the information in this post:

And a box in which we can type.

then we get:

How do you value the quality of information in kailey_elise's post?

but there's no box / stars / nada beneath to rate you or him. moving cursor below this text results in cursor to hand implying there is something there but we can't see it.

thanks for your help - both - my FOAF is ordering in as we speak.
Old 30-10-2011, 18:33
Gold Member

When you mouseover the stars, they should turn colors; yellow in the middle, red to the left of the yellow star & green to the right. I don't know if they'll all turn colors, or if only the ones you can actually rate with will turn colors (since y'all probably can't utilize all the stars, as you don't have very high rep scores yet). Then you can just click on them and that's how the rep goes through.

So, type in your rep comment, then hold your mouse over the stars & they should turn colors. Find the one you want (probably 1 green star) & when it turns color, click it. Then it will go through.

If this still doesn't work, let me know.

Oh, I just noticed that you said you don't see any stars at all, midlife. Aber, do you see any stars? midlife, that's something you should either write a support ticket for, or post about it in the bug reports forum.

~Kailey
Old 30-10-2011, 19:57
Banned

still dont work the stars dont even appear ? /

Aberdonian added 7 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

an im not on a macbook just a standard samsung r540 s laptop ?

Last edited by Aberdonian; 30-10-2011 at 19:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, clonidine, cocain, cocaine, coke, crack, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, drunk, heroin, lofexdine, marijuana, naltrexone, naltrexone implant, speed, stimulant