Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-10-2011, 20:45
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I heard a rumor about people smoking Adderall

So SWIM went to the doctor today and was officially diagnosed with ADHD. SWIM's doctor was careful to explain the medication, the effects, the dangers, and decided to prescribe SWIM Adderall.

The doctor said something that did not make sense.

"Be careful of people that may steal the medication. It is a stimulant that can be abused by smoking it or snorting it. Lock it away when you're not taking your dosage."

SWIM never heard of people smoking Adderall pills. SWIM is not interested in taking them aside from the prescribed dosage at the correct time in the correct way (swallow the pill).

Has anyone ever heard of people smoking Adderall? SWIM's doctor has been in practice for nearly twenty years so maybe he discovered his patients have smoked the pills? If people smoke the pills, is it like smoking meth or crack? SWIM has 0 experience with meth and crack, so SWIM is REALLY curious about the comment the doctor made.

alienesseINspace added 13 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I found this thread http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=165189 but it didn't answer my question... just a heads up, I did use the forum search engine before asking

Last edited by alienesseINspace; 25-10-2011 at 20:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-10-2011, 20:53
Palladium Member

23 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: I heard a rumor about people smoking Adderall

I think you would need to have freebase amphetamine to be able to smoke it, or you will just destroy it. Adderall is amphetamine salts, so you likely wouldn't be able to. Same way smoking cocaine (HCl, a salt) is a waste, but people can smoke crack (basic) cocaine. Either way the dummy has never heard of anyone attempting this.
Old 25-10-2011, 21:00
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.

@EscapeDummy, I read about that.... how the salt would destroy the d-amphetamine but I found a link http://schizophreniasymptoms.net/smoking-adderall/ that says people do smoke it. It makes me wonder if people smoke other pills.

Maybe I'm naive?

As someone who advocates harm reduction, I am not discussing this because I want to do this or because I want to know how. I am merely a curious being.

alienesseINspace added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

The link above is not intended to be spam or an advertisement. If I broke a rule posting it, please spank me and I'll delete it. I am just trying to figure out what the heck people do.

Last edited by alienesseINspace; 25-10-2011 at 21:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-10-2011, 21:11
Dark Mage Dark Mage is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Dark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way up
Points: 477, Level: 3 Points: 477, Level: 3 Points: 477, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

To what SWIM has read it isn't possible to smoke Adderall because amphetamine molecules in Adderall would just burn and destroy themselves when heated which in turn makes it inactive.

Its possible the Doctor was comparing Adderall to other stimulants which are smokable.
Old 25-10-2011, 21:16
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas

@darkwizard yeah, that's what the thread in the forum said about the same type of question.

I guess the doctor was just being general. If SWIM asks, the doctor may assume it's because SWIM wants to get jiggy with the pills and try smoking them.

Yes I said jiggy.
Old 23-05-2012, 20:31
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.

i think amphetamine is smokable, but adderall and generic is manufactured in such a way to reduce its abuse potential. i believe the binders and fillers prevent it from burning as they make it less watersoluble and also make it less snortable. anyway, my rabbit tested this theory by crushing some and burning it on foil and also by direct contact w the flame. both times it charred up almost instantly producing no smoke and a few loose vapors off the foil, which he contributes to the lighter and the metal. as far as smoking raw product, he would advocate it, as it would probably ruin a pipe and clearly can't be done by these methods he tried.

didn't actually inhale anything, just seeing what it would do. maybe hed have gotten high from inhaling some hot air, but didn't look likehte mass changed at all from this, just turned black
Old 23-05-2012, 21:55
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
Makeup_Junkie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
While I can't offer any insight into your question because I've never taken my medicine in any other way other than orally, I wanted to comment on something. Your doctor is 100% correct on hiding your medicine. I'm not a big partier, but about once every six months or so, my boyfriend and I will go to a party with only a small group of friends. When I woke up the next morning at a party one time, I found there were a significant amount of pills missing. I didn't even tell anyone I was on Adderall and even if I did, I didn't think anyone would take my medicine because I was around friends. Friends! Grr... Just thinking about it makes me angry. Anywho... I just wanted to make you aware of this so you're hyper vigilant about your medicine.
Old 23-05-2012, 22:23
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Mr Gregoire is an unknown quantity at this point

i have tried smoking adderall, regular pill and crushed pill. it doesn't work!

this was amphetamine salts, the pinkish orangish pill that shaped like an oval and has a score through the middle says 2 0 for 20mg.

this was in a normal bud pipe. took a lot of hits to produce smoke, i inhaled a lot and felt nothing. don't waste it just eat it
Old 23-05-2012, 22:56
Palladium Member

63 y/o Male from United States
scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.
Points: 1,288, Level: 5 Points: 1,288, Level: 5 Points: 1,288, Level: 5
Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup_Junkie View Post
While I can't offer any insight into your question because I've never taken my medicine in any other way other than orally, I wanted to comment on something. Your doctor is 100% correct on hiding your medicine. I'm not a big partier, but about once every six months or so, my boyfriend and I will go to a party with only a small group of friends. When I woke up the next morning at a party one time, I found there were a significant amount of pills missing. I didn't even tell anyone I was on Adderall and even if I did, I didn't think anyone would take my medicine because I was around friends. Friends! Grr... Just thinking about it makes me angry. Anywho... I just wanted to make you aware of this so you're hyper vigilant about your medicine.
Never, ever keep psychoactive meds in a common looking medicine cabinet. This type of theft doesn't happen because of Adderal specifically. It happens because there's always someone looking for drugs. Family, friends, children, spouse, even parents. Treat all your legitimately prescribed controlled substances as though they were illegal.
Old 23-05-2012, 23:41
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
Makeup_Junkie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Scartissue - I couldn't have said it better myself ;-)
Old 02-06-2012, 17:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

31 y/o Female from United States
InfoSeekingStressedGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

There are people out there who will steal anything in a prescription bottle, even if they don't know what it is or what it does. There was a theft at a neighbor's house (an elderly couple) and the thief stole the little old lady's heart medication! He was caught and he hadn't taken any of it as far as I know, but some people will steal anything. If you have anything that could be dangerous to others, try to keep it locked up and even labelled as dangerous. We have the expectation that people will not steal from us, especially those we consider friends, but unfortunately some of them will. For example, medication for kidney disease could be dangerous if taken by someone who had normally functioning kidneys. I lock up my medications in a box high up top of a wardrobe, but I still label my bottles with "Danger--kidney medication" etc. just in case someone were to steal them. It might work for you to write some kind of warning on your medicine bottle, but I suppose if people know what you have, or know about pharmaceuticals, it might make no difference. It is a frustrating thing to use your medication perfectly legitimately, but have other people trying to take it recreationally and stealing it from you.
Old 02-06-2012, 18:49
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Mr. Grindhouse is a decent psychonaut.Mr. Grindhouse is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 221, Level: 2 Points: 221, Level: 2 Points: 221, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

As far as the recommendation to keep tabs on your medication, heed your doctors advice. He obviously knows enough to understand that there are people in this world who will take these sort of things from you. I would stick with this doctor, provided he meets your personal standards and requirements, as he is honest. Only two of my doctors have told me anything like this and for that reason, I have stayed with them and established a good relationship. Good doctors are very, and I mean, very hard to come by. Maybe I have high standards. But then again, when it comes to your physical and mental health wouldn't you rather been that extra bit neurotic than not when finding a doctor?

On to your next question: smoking Adderall? Most people in this thread have stated the reason it wont work it because it is in salt form. I know it is specific to the molecule, but salts can be smoked (vaporized is a better term) Oxycodone is often prescribed as "Oxycodone HCL" (a salt) which can be vaporized. The main issue that arises with vaporizing salts is the fact that it requires a precise temperature range to successfully vaporize. Many salts will are effectively destroyed by extreme heat. So, finding the boiling point should be your starting point. After that, think of a method that will allow for as much or as little heat is necessary.

Mr. Grindhouse added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup_Junkie View Post
Scartissue - I couldn't have said it better myself ;-)
Yup! I couldn't decide whether you meant the previous poster or the book , but both provide ample evidence that people will steal your medication.

Mr. Grindhouse added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I apologize for grammatical errors...I'm ashamed when I make them. That's what I get for not proofing my post.

Last edited by Mr. Grindhouse; 02-06-2012 at 18:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall abuse, adderall ir, aderall, amphetamine, crack, d-amphetamine, drugs-forum, meth, smoking adderall, stimulant