Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 24-10-2011, 04:23
Silver Member

Male from USA - Virginia
whocaresdude91 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Whats your opinion on Vyvanse?

So, what's everybody's opinion on Vyvanse? SWIM tried it for the first time today (60mg). Other than making sex feel good, SWIM can't say he likes it too much. It makes SWIM feel very weak and his hearth rate is up too fast. Are some of you guys in love with or feel really unforcortable on it as SWIM does.

PS- SWIM took his Vyvanse 10 hours ago. Can he take some tramadol to ease the crash now?

Thanks for the help.
Old 24-10-2011, 21:52
Silver Member

Male from United States
Keynith is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Whats your opinion on Vyvanse?

I personally like the smooth ride you get from it. For me 60mg, is to low of a dose because i have ADD so when i do abuse it ill usually take 120+ mg. you probably can take tramadol to ease the crash although i never had a horrible crash on the stuff. be safe
Old 27-10-2011, 12:41
Titanium Member

22 y/o Male from Canada
Alcoholocaust77 is a decent psychonaut.Alcoholocaust77 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

AFOAF is prescribed 50 mg/day for ADHD/social anxiety. He loves it. If he's feeling rebellious he'll take 100-150 mg when he needs to perform (not recommended, use as prescribed, folks.)

Even from his prescribed dose he gets a pretty huge jolt. Feelsgoodman. No crash either, which is nice.
Old 29-10-2011, 17:19
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

This was something I wrote in another post...

My dog actually switched from 45mg of dextroamphetamine ER to 70mg of Vyvanse daily for about 2 months earlier this year. He wished their were an 80 or 90mg pill as he found the 70mg to be slightly lacking compared to 45mg ER.

However, my dog found that it was more difficult to get to sleep if taken too late in the morning. He found the inherent lack of flexibility of Vyvanse to be the main drawback. He had to take it before 10am everyday or else it would be hard to get to sleep when he wanted to. Thus he switched back to the ER so he can adjust his dosing times according to his needs. He is in grad school now so he has classes that can go until 9:30pm.

So while he originally switched to it because he wanted something that lasted longer, he found that the duration was actually a drawback. This is something to keep in mind if you are thinking about switching. You need to keep a constant wake-sleep cycle or else it will throw everything off. That is tough to do in college/grad school.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz1cBj4Nugw
Old 01-11-2011, 08:36
Titanium Member

Female from United States
KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Fizzle, I can relate to a lot of what you're mentioning related to academics at the college / graduate studies.

I started off on Concerta, and slowly but surely transitioned to the dosing schedule that works with my classes. The Concerta was dying out after about 4 hours, so we added Focalin IR 5mg. Godsend! I had an org chem 2 lab that ended at 10:00pm and I needed an extra boost because I crashed from the Concerta. So we upped Focalin to 10mg. Godsend!

As my classes got more.. "eclectic" ( ), the times were a bit goofy as Professors teaching upper-level courses (5000s) don't go by the University Schedule. Luckily for me, I haven't had many classes before noon. But the Concerta was wimping out on me and something had to be done...

Then, there was a strange shortage of generic Focalin (dexmethylphenidate, the dextrorotatory enantiomer of methylphenidate; racemic Ritalin) somewhere somehow. Facing midterms and lab report due dates nipping at my feet, my doctor understood the urgency and was quick to write me a prescription for Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine), 10mg IR (instant-release), 3x a day. He was optimistic about it, he really thought I'd do well on it.

Nope.. The Dexedrine was supposed to last 4-6 hours, but again, I was medicated for about 2 hours and the remainder of the time between doses, I was bouncing off the walls and just...strange. People didn't want to be my friend lol. So I told my psychiatrist over the phone, and he wrote me a prescription for Vyvanse 50mg (to be proper - Lisdexamphetamine). Guess what happens next?! ZzzzzzZZzZZZ SNOOOOZE. I was knockeddd out. I was so out of it that I had woken up, taken the Vyvanse, passed out in my bed, woke up an hour later and running late, took a second Vyvanse as if it was the first one of the day, and bam. It hit me hard. Extreme sleepiness. I was nodding off during a microbio lecture and it felt just like a Dilauded (hydromorphone) nod. I take Dilaudid for breakthrough pain and I haven't needed it in a good 6 weeks or so so it wasn't the Dilaudid.

I dunno.. Vyvanse made me uncomfortably energetic by means of this little phenomenon called Zombievanse. I would pass out for an hour or two, and then RISE FROM THE DEAD with incredible focus, incredible motivation, incredible appetite - (it increased my appetite, especially for brainnnsss I mean chocolate.) It was great while it lasted, but it was unpredictable. It could make me pass out for an hour, and wake up feeling fine. It could impair my judgement in the early morning, and suddenly I have to go from my excellent Focalin dosing schedule to having to put the bottle away. I've never had to do that. I actually fell behind in school. I have mixed feelings towards Vyvanse.

I'm so glad to be back on Focalin 10mg IR 3x daily. Sometimes I need the entire dose, some days my course-load is light, or I'll finish an exam, and I lay off the whole dose for a day or so. But even when I'm not engaging in academic activities, I need a medication that works when it's supposed to, does what it's supposed to do, and above all: doesn't turn me into a zombie!

Last edited by KNiFe; 01-11-2011 at 08:38. Reason: forgot parenthesis
Old 11-11-2011, 14:18
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Dreamland is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

SWIM's opinoin on Vyvanse is that it is his favorite stimulant ever. SWIM prefers it much over adderall. There's a special unqiueness about Vyvanse that SWIM still is trying to figure out. Vyvanse give SWIM the pleasant mood, energy, motivation, optimism, super focus, but also calms SWIM into a trance like state. Whereas Adderall makes SWIM more speedy energetic and jumpy jittery. Vyvanse is smoother cleaner. In fact, several occasions Vyvanse has made SWIM sort of in this spaced out content mindframe. Like zombied out and SWIM likes it alot. Crazy as it sounds, Vvyanse reminds SWIM sort of like MDMA in the peaceful friendly lovey dovey feel it provides. Much less taxy on the body it seems as well. By far SWIM's most preffered stimulant. SWIM wonders if there's something in vyvanse that is more serotgenic, where adderall is more adranline.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:55
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Axiom Of Choice is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1

Hi. This is my first post, so I just wanted to say "Greetings" to those reading this. I hope to enjoy sharing and gaining knowledge on this site.

As for SWIM, he has been on AD/HD medications for about three years now. The first was Concerta and Ritalin (Methylphenidate), which simply was not strong enough NOR lasted long enough. Then he was put on Adderall IR for a long time, three times per day. While strong enough, the action from the levo-amphetamine made SWIM's heart rate skyrocket as well as his blood pressure. So after a year and a half on Adderall, he volunteered to go back to the Concerta+ Ritalin combination.

Then SWIM read about Vyvanse, the dextro-amphetamine pro-drug. He told his psychiatrist about it and he was willing to give it a shot. SWIM has been taking Vyvanse for about six months now and has almost all positive things to say. Not only does it control his AD/HD (primarily inattentive type) symptoms, but it is quite euphoric for him, and lasts long enough as to not require extra IR meds in the afternoon.

The only drawback is that it took him five months of 'upping' the dose to get to the right dose. He was started on 30 mg out of safety (the doctor never used the medication before me...) and moved up by 10 mg each month. Now, he takes 70 mg and it has been working great.
Old 08-12-2011, 22:42

Male from United States
Dexter_Drynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

My cat used some a little while ago, just 30 mg.

It did push his heart rate too high - to the point of anxiety, actually, and he is the OPPOSITE of an anxious cat - the first couple times, but after that it normalized to ~5 BPM above his normal.

The reason he went back to Dexedrine is two-fold:

1) He got this strange, uneasy feeling right under my xyphoid process (the bottom of the sternum), it felt like... watery? He couldn't really explain it, it's a feeling he's had only during/after AMP-fueled partying without eating properly. Keeping a steady blood sugar level alleviates everything with Dexedrine, but it somehow didn't do so well with him for Vyvanse, no matter what he ate or how much he exercised.

2) It's a constant level of stimulation. The peak happens at ~3 hours for my cat, and even with only 8.5 mg of d-AMP per 30 mg capsule, he was too wired to even play video games. He just had to sit there and think "holy cat-Jesus, am I ever ripped on speed right now." I think my cat may just be a pussy (no pun intended), because he's never taken a dose higher than 25 mg at once before. Well, kinda way more than that, but that's a story for another time... The point is, Dexedrine "spansules" kick in once about 20 minutes after ingestion, then again about 4 hours later. There are about 30-60 minutes of "down time" in between the 2 releases of d-AMP, which makes for a built-in study break where he can stretch, eat, relax, whatever. Vyvanse does not let up until about the 8 hour mark.

That said, my cat preformed REMARKABLY well at a morning laboratory session, waltzing around the lab with supreme confidence and deft hands for pipetting, stirring, pouring, etc., which is crazy considering he's a cat and has no thumbs. Besides that glowing experience with Vyvanse, though, the pros/cons of the medicine's effect on my cat still put Dexedrine as the drug to beat for ADHD-inattentive type. For partying, hey, who knows? He hasn't tried it... yet.
Old 09-12-2011, 15:44
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

I have to admit, I like the euphoria I get from d-amphetamine salts. Does Vyvance have any sort of euphoric effect? Does it have recreational value?
Old 09-12-2011, 16:42
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
I have to admit, I like the euphoria I get from d-amphetamine salts. Does Vyvance have any sort of euphoric effect? Does it have recreational value?
SWIM finds Vyvanse to be incredibly euphoric. It doesn't have a big 'rush' to it, but in terms of pure good-feelings, Vyvanse can provide a solid eight hours of moderate euphoria.

It is not able to be insufflated because to become active, the lysine must be removed from the pro-drug molecule, yielding dextro-amphetamine. This occurs because of digestive enzymes.
Old 09-12-2011, 17:16
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom Of Choice View Post
SWIM finds Vyvanse to be incredibly euphoric. It doesn't have a big 'rush' to it, but in terms of pure good-feelings, Vyvanse can provide a solid eight hours of moderate euphoria.

It is not able to be insufflated because to become active, the lysine must be removed from the pro-drug molecule, yielding dextro-amphetamine. This occurs because of digestive enzymes.
Thanks for letting me know! Insufflation isn't my favorite ROA with d-amphetamine lately because of the fillers. I recently tried ::blush:: plugging d-amphetamine disolved in water and filtered through a wet coffee filter. The rush and euphoria was amazing but I didn't like having to... well... put something in my butt.

Not to get off topic!!

I'd prefer an ADHD med that gave me all the benefits of conquering my concentration and narcoleptic issues AND euphoria without taking more than prescribed or sticking it up my ass.

My doctor asked me if I wanted to try Vyvance but he said it's more expensive. I think I might give it a go. My appointment is on Dec 15, not long to wait to see what he says.

I appreciate again... fast reply and an exact answer to my question!
Old 09-12-2011, 18:24
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
Thanks for letting me know! Insufflation isn't my favorite ROA with d-amphetamine lately because of the fillers. I recently tried ::blush:: plugging d-amphetamine disolved in water and filtered through a wet coffee filter. The rush and euphoria was amazing but I didn't like having to... well... put something in my butt.

Not to get off topic!!

I'd prefer an ADHD med that gave me all the benefits of conquering my concentration and narcoleptic issues AND euphoria without taking more than prescribed or sticking it up my ass.

My doctor asked me if I wanted to try Vyvance but he said it's more expensive. I think I might give it a go. My appointment is on Dec 15, not long to wait to see what he says.

I appreciate again... fast reply and an exact answer to my question!
SWIM thinks it is an excellent medication for both euphoria AND actually treating AD/HD symptoms. SWIM has an almost complete reduction in AD/HD symptoms for about 8 hours and then a moderate reduction of symptoms for the remainder of the day even.
Old 12-12-2011, 00:23
Silver Member

Weird... but Vyvanse has been making SWIM feel too relaxed almost as if he's zombie out. SWIM laid in bed and took a nice nap on it. Woke up, felt good, horny, relaxed, focused. This is one really strange medication. SWIM doesn't get jittery shaky anxiety. Oddly SWIM like being zoned out in the twilight zone. Either SWIMs built up a tolerance or this drug does some strange action to SWIM's brain over long-term?
Old 12-12-2011, 00:42
Silver Member

Casper86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

swim tried Vyvanse before while studying for an exam and felt like he had an irregular heart rate with it which he didnt like.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:56
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
Weird... but Vyvanse has been making SWIM feel too relaxed almost as if he's zombie out. SWIM laid in bed and took a nice nap on it. Woke up, felt good, horny, relaxed, focused. This is one really strange medication. SWIM doesn't get jittery shaky anxiety. Oddly SWIM like being zoned out in the twilight zone. Either SWIMs built up a tolerance or this drug does some strange action to SWIM's brain over long-term?
My friend notices that since Vyvanse breaks into just dextro-amphetamine, it lacks the 'in your face' nature of the 1/4 levo-amphetamine Adderall product. But in terms of actually suppression of AD/HD symptoms, my friend thinks Vyvanse is just as good as Adderall. But some patients respond better to the addition of the levo-amph in the Adderall from the wikipedia article (this fact is cited).
Old 12-12-2011, 18:57

22 y/o Male from Canada
thedolphintamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

Hey there, my pet horse had just acquired some Vyvanse a few hours ago after hearing about it for the first time, since he needed a study aid for this week. It's been about two hours since my horse ingested a 30mg capsule, and I must say, he is enjoying it quite a bit. He took a couple of bong hits of decent bud just before ingesting, and about an hour after ingestion his mind felt much clearer and focused. Much easier to not be distracted, and he even feels pretty good. It's been a pretty steady smooth ride so far.

So far no real complaints, he feels pretty lifted and there's even a small tingle in his nuts, which must be a good thing.
Old 13-12-2011, 04:40
Silver Member

SWIM was nodding out on Vyvanse effects kicking in this morning. Messed up totally zombie but in a focused good way. Like SWIMs mind goes into another world while time just flies. And how it has strange effects like this SWIM will never know. That calming effect on the mind. How does that happen?
Old 13-12-2011, 16:14
Silver Member

My good friend has only one complaint about Vyanse: it doesn't last long enough SOME days. See, he gets up around 5:45 am three or four days per week, but gets up at 8:30-9:00 am the other days.

On the 8:30 am days, he will take the pill at 8:45 am and it will last until around 6:00 pm which is decent. But on the 5:45 am days, the effects run out in the early afternoon, which is bad. His AD/HD (inattentive type) flares up pretty bad around 2:30 pm and he is basically useless for getting work done. And since adult AD/HD doesn't end when the work day is done, my friend can never get any chores done at home after work. It sucks.

But he doesn't want to have to take an extra pill in the afternoon since the whole point of Vyanse is once-per-day dosing. He is going to discuss this with his psychiatrist as well as his therapist. Perhaps his therapist will have some lifestyle changes that my friend can tweak to make things work.

Overall, my friend really thinks this drug is great for treating AD/HD. It may not be incredibly euphoric, but my friend still finds it pretty euphoric. His Suboxone and Effexor take care of his treatment-resistant depressive symptoms though. He tried to just use AD/HD stimulants for depression awhile back, but it didn't work very well. However, his current regimen all synergizes well together.
Old 14-12-2011, 06:13

22 y/o Male from Canada
thedolphintamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

Can anybody tell me if this is strange or abnormal? My parrot took a 30mg this morning, about 13 hours ago, and he is still feeling the effects, if not at full effect then still pretty close. He is trying to get some sleep now since he has to be up early tomorrow, or should he just stay up all night? Is it strange for just 30mg to last this long? Also he is pretty small, about 130lbs, which I figure would affect that.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:27

jen1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SLOW onset-usually 1 hour-2 hours, more like 2 hours, and it wears off well before it's supposed to. The good thing is that you never notice when you're coming off it--no crash like Adderall--but it seems to only last 3 hours or so after peak (declines very slowly after peaking at 3.5 hours). It's supposed to last 12 hours. When it peaks the high is better than Adderall, but at least that stuff lasts as long as it's supposed to.

Very expensive compared to Adderall IR as well. I think the optimal solution is Vyvanse in the morning with supplemental Adderall IR in the afternoon when the Vyvanse starts wearing off.
Old 07-03-2012, 18:18
Titanium Member

Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4

I was prescribed generic Adderall (amphetamine salts) to be taken twice a day, each dose being 30 milligrams. At supratherapeutic doses, Adderall would provide an initial 'rush' of euphoria and an incredible ability to focus on anything; pretty much the run-of-the-mill reinforcing effects produced by CNS stimulants. The shift from baseline to the euphoria was significant, occurring quite rapidly after PO administration. The duration of this initial rush was rather brief in comparison to the total duration of action. After 4 hours (or so) of pure euphoria, some axiogenic effects would start to manifest in tandem and the result would be a state of hypervigilance and paranoia lasting more than 24 hours. Plasma levels of amphetamine do not decline in correlation to the experience of euphoria, meaning there's a significant amount of drug still present in spite of a reduction in reinforcing effects. Basically, the over-ambitious and super-focused me would always shift to an unpleasant, paranoid me. Bruxism (tooth-grinding) and stereotyped behaviors (such as excessive grooming and picking) would be present as well as irrational thoughts of persecution and an obsession with making sure no one was looking through the windows. In a fruitless attempt to banish the anxiogenic effects and reinstate the initial euphoria, I would find myself re-dosing and subsequently increasing my levels of craziness until I literally felt like a paranoid schizophrenic. For over 2 years, each month of my life consisted of a 5-day vacation from reality. I never explored the idea of Vyvanse simply because I had always been on Adderall, simple as that. My life was anything but stable and my relationships would not remain consistent in nature, so three months ago I requested to be taken off of the drug.

I cried that whole day, tears streaming down my face, like someone else was in my body telling the doctor to NOT give me these pills. But three months later, I feel like a free man who was once a slave, and the feeling of liberation has been incredible. HOWEVER, my overall ability to keep things in order has declined tremendously. My ADHD is having a field day with me. This couldn't continue so I went to see my doctor. I made it clear that Adderall was not an option but was open to suggestions concerning alternative medications. A decision was made: 70 milligrams of Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) to be taken once in the morning. Let me say this: Vyvanse is a miracle of modern chemistry and should be considered as an alternative to Adderall or any of the old ADHD stimulants (Focalin, Ritalin, Dexedrine, etc.)

Vyvanse is a pro-drug, meaning it relies on the natural metabolic process to render it active. In this case, the dextro- isomer of amphetamine is synthesized with the amino acid l- lysine attached to it. The addition of l-lysine prevents the d-amphetamine from crossing the blood-brain barrier; however, a protease enzyme known as trypsin cleaves the l- lysine from the d-amphetamine, making it available to cross the blood-brain barrier. The pharmacological profile of lisdexamfetamine differs from that of dextroamphetamine in many aspects: the maximum concentration of drug in the body (Cmax) tends to be higher with lisdexamfetamine, for example. The duration of action is prolonged in lisdexamfetamine, as the conversion to dextroamphetamine is limited by the amount of available enzyme, while the absorption of dextroamphetamine preparations occurs rapidly. Basically, at increasing doses Vyvanse demonstrates an increase in the overall duration of effect rather than a dose-dependent increase in effect as seen with dextroamphetamine preps. This suggests that the risk of getting "too high" and subsequently "very nuts" is greatly reduced by Vyvanse. I've found this to be one of the best things about Vyvanse. Instead of a massive mind-fuck consisting of euphoria and energy that morphs into a mind-fuck of anxiety (as seen with Adderall), there's a steady stream of reinforcement that comes on gently, peaks softly and resolves mildly while allowing a person to maintain a sense of control. There's a hint of anxiety and paranoia that's reminiscent of Adderall but that's to be expected considering they both contain dextroamphetamine.

Adderall is outdated and unrefined. Vyvanse is fresh and sophisticated. It's like you can have your cake and eat it too. The potential for psychological addiction seems to be the same in both drugs. I think that, when it comes to phenethylamine stimulants, the potential for addiction is going to be present. One last thing: Vyvanse is brand-name only, while Adderall (if not all of the old ADHD stimulants) is available in generic form. Brand-name drugs can cost hundreds without insurance, and Vyvanse is no exception: a months supply of 70 milligram caps retailed at over 300 dollars before my insurance reduced it to 30. It will be several years before the patent for Vyvanse expires. Oh, and in case anyone was curious, the word Vyvanse means 'victory' in.. Greek, I believe? Wherever the origin, the word means 'victory'. I think it fits.
Old 08-03-2012, 21:47

Male from Canada
Smiles12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

My friend Mr. H Potomous uses Vyvanse frequently, he reports an increase in energy, cognitive brain functioning and mild euphoria. However Mr. Potomous also experienced extremely negative side effects such as: psycho-motor agitation (taking off clothes for no apparent reason), inability to sleep or eat, confusion, and difficulty seeing objects clearly. For these reasons H. Potomous suggests this drug be used as prescribed or if used for rec. purposes start with a low dose (e.g 25 mgs) to test your body before a larger (and potentially lethal) dose is administered. Also the drug is designed specifically for time release so it is difficult to use it effectively for recreation purposes. Think of your heart! these drugs can be very enjoyable but carry with them considerable risks=> please be safe with this stuff!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:10
Silver Member

The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Switched from IR Ritalin 20 mg three times a day to Vyvanse 50mg per day last week. Dr says may up to 70 mg if i think i need it since i am amphetamine tolerant due to being on Ritalin for years.

Switched at Drs suggestion due to being tired of the constant up-down-up-down that comes with instant release ritalin.

Its a lot more expensive but it is smooth as hell and it lasts a long time. I do not feel my self come up or down at all on it. Once i can tell it has kicked in (about 2 hours in) i do not get the little speedy kick in the ass i did with instant release meds, but everything is crystal clear and life is perfect and i am ready to get some shit done. And it lasts and lasts and lasts. None of the tweeky speedy physical side effects of the ir ritalin. Its all mental stimulation, and at the same time you are mellow as can be.

So far i am loving it. This once a day dosing is awesome. I think it may justify paying the extra $70 a month this drug costs me.

One thing i hate is, my pupils are gigantic and i look like i am tweeking balls. I don't know if it is noticeable to others, but i can tell it, and i hate it.
Old 12-03-2012, 14:58

david43211 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think adderall is better and dexedrine is even better than adderall but Vyvanse is great in that you don't crash from it.
Old 19-03-2012, 17:31
Silver Member

The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Another week on this pill...not sure what i think.

It still works great but i cant seem to be capable of taking a day off without great difficulty. I never had that with Ritalin. I could take breaks any time i felt like it.

I took yesterday off and was exhausted and starving.

I took today off as well, i mean, i tried. I was so miserable and tired i just couldnt take it any more and broke down and took one.

How pathetic, seriously. 50 mg a day for two weeks and im already fucking addicted to it.

Damn it works GREAT though. No come up, no crash, its very consistent and i dont feel "fake" like i sometimes did with Ritalin.

Oh well, i guess i will just continue to be addicted to it and worry about it at the end of the month when i have to call to get my refill. Maybe i will ask to try something else. But all i know is, Vyvanse is in my house, and even though i am not going to abuse it, i am going to have a difficult time NOT taking it every day if i know it is here. Ritalin NEVER did this to me.

Share this on:

Tags
1-phenylpropan-2-amine, adderall, adhd, alpha-methylphenethylamine, amphetamine, concerta, dexedrine, euphoria, euphoric, focalin, ritalin, stimulant, vyvanse