Register Tags

Notices

Old 18-10-2011, 21:29

24 y/o Male from United States
jayman237 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Vyvanse and sleep

Hey guys. I have found through my experimenting that Vyvanse helps me greatly in school. Before Vyvanse I have had problems with my grades, however now I am a straight A student. Only problem is that I can never sleep. I don't get it from my doctor, it isn't prescribed, nor can I have it prescribed. Does anyone have any tips for me to sleep? I know OJ, Vitamin C, and working out, and I do them all. The only thing that helps is pot, and I cannot smoke it every night. I was thinking perhaps there would be a good hour for me to wake up for in the morning to take the medication, then go back to sleep until I have to be up for the day. That way it would wear off soon enough for me to be in bed. However i'm worried that the medication will wake me up to early from sleep, or that it will not wear off in time.
So basically here is what i'm asking

1. How can I take Vyvanse and sleep?
2. What time could I take it early in the morning?
3. Is there anything else you think I should know?

I am 6 foot 5 and weigh 220.
I wake up on week days at 6.
The vyvanse I have are the 50mgs, blue and white capsules.

Please help. And thank you very much.
Again this is actually so I can do better in school, it's no longer recreation. I'm soon to start college, and would love to be able to get a decent scholarship.
Old 19-10-2011, 03:54

21 y/o Male from United States
Speedy AJD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Re: Vyvanse and sleep

When do you take them?

I would say 6, but if you eat breakfast It'd probably be best to eat and then take the vyvanse by around 6:30.

I suggest perhaps melatonin for the nights that you don't have weed. Melatonin is naturally produced in the brain and helps regulate sleep function, it can be purchased cheap from many places ( CVS, Rite Aid, etc).

Keeping your body hydrated,fueled, and keeping up with vitamins will help, but it seems like you already do that. Before bed, perhaps take a hot shower, melatonin, and drink a glass of water.

The problem is vyvanse lasts a long time and the reason you are not sleeping is because its still somewhat in your system, which there isn't much you can do about.
Old 20-10-2011, 21:21

24 y/o Male from United States
jayman237 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

I take them about 7 in the morning so it hits me as I start my 1st period class ( I really really need it for that class). I work a very active job on weekdays so I feel like physically that might help me go to sleep. Also I bought a bottle of Melatonin 1 yesterday, so hopefully it will work. Any suggestion on how much to take and when exactly?
Old 20-10-2011, 23:52

21 y/o Male from United States
Speedy AJD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

About 20 minutes or so before bed.

I read somewhere that doses past 1mg dont help anymore then 1mg would help, like 1mg is the most your body can use at the time.

Not sure if theres any truth to that, but I don't have too big of a problem sleeping so I normally take either .5mg or just 1mg.

However I have melatonin that has 3mg in it, so Im not sure about the whole 1mg thing.

You could try a few doses out.
Old 21-10-2011, 02:37
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Melatonin doesn't really act as a hypnotic agent at sub-5mg levels and at times of high endogenous melatonin levels (i.e., within hours of normal bed time); it's not a really good hypnotic option if you're disrupting your own sleep phase with stimulants, since you're not suffering from delayed sleep phase syndrome (or, we already know the cause of the problem)...

It's hard to answer a question like "How can I take lisdexamfetamine--knowing that this, itself, wouldn't be advised by a medical professional--and also get some sleep?" since there is no very responsible answer (that the OP wants to hear).
Old 21-10-2011, 07:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
6Sh00t3r is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

Benadryl ( Diphenhydramine )

Take one 6 hours before bedtime and another 4 hours before bedtime . You will not build up a tolerance and can be bought over the counter.It does not cost much .

NOTE : If still no sleep take 1 six hours before bedtime and 2 four hours before bedtime .

Sweet dreams & keep up good grades.

BEST WISHES :

- 6Sh00t3r

Last edited by 6Sh00t3r; 21-10-2011 at 07:31. Reason: replaced 8 with 6.Typed 8 by mistake.Rest is correct and works.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine insomnia, benadryl, cannabis, comedown, diphenhydramine, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, lisdexamphetamine, melatonin, overdose, phenibut, pot, showers, sleep problems, vitamin c, vyvanse, vyvanse overdose, weed