Register Tags

Notices

Old 18-10-2011, 03:11
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Female from United States
ALovelyDescent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can I IV this oral solution of morphine?

My ferret, Spooky, just recently bought a bottle of morphine sulfate that says "oral solution." It is clear and has no sugar or alcohol. Would she be able to IV this? Another thing is...Spooky has never shot up anything in her life, and doesn't know anyone who does. How would she go about doing it? She realizes it may be a very stupid idea to try it for the first time on her own, but is very curious. She already has a bit of an opiate tolerance, and is wondering how much she should take. Thanks.

ALovelyDescent added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Oops, in the title, I meant "can my FERRET IV this oral solution of morphine." slip of the finger.

Last edited by ALovelyDescent; 18-10-2011 at 03:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-10-2011, 03:59
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5
Re: Can I IV this oral solution of morphine?

no, dont even fuck with it.
for one, not that i can tell anyone what to do, but i swear you dont want to go down that road
for another, the amount in that oral solution is way less than injectable solution, which is more concentrated, what i meant. you would have to bang like 30x the amount, thats if you had the ability to do it..which everyone does. watch someone and do it.
but dont
Old 18-10-2011, 04:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Female from United States
ALovelyDescent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Thanks for the reply, I read somewhere that if it isn't syrupy or colored, it's okay to IV, but I'm just going to stick to taking it orally.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:45
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thegrandwazoo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

swim suggests plugging the morphine solution rather than IVing. Plugging morphine is far more efficient than taking it orally.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good point concerning better bioavailability of rectal vs. oral morphine.
Old 18-10-2011, 20:39
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

I second the suggestion for your ferret to plug if possible. I am not of the authority of knowledge to know if it is safe to plug an oral solution, but if someone can shed light on that (or, if SWIthegrandwazoo is sure it's safe) then your ferret will get WAY more bang for her buck. My dog Sparky got 50 15mg morphine tabs once and stupidly went through snorting and eating them until he only had about 10 left. Then he did some reading and decided to plug-- WAY better. I don't know how much stronger it is, but it's a sure thing that morphine especially has a much lower bioavailability orally than plugging. Sparky personally things morphine is useless unless you plug or IV, and since he doesn't IV he had plenty of fun going the latter route.
Old 18-10-2011, 20:53
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15

It's reasonably safe to plug an oral solution. It's as safe as plugging dissolved tablets. It's not "safe" in an addictive and/or overdose sense, but it's safe in a "not going to destroy your rectum" sense.

Plugging things generally increases bioavailability; in the case of morphine, it GREATLY increases the effects one gets compared to oral administration. So, start slow & low. You can get an "oral" or "baby" or "medicine" syringe at drugstores & pharmacies, they're used for giving babies liquid medicine - these are great for booty-bumping anything you might want to booty-bump. If unavailable, a turkey baster or nasal syringe/aspirator will also work.

If one already has a tolerance of some kind to oral morphine, try a 1/4th of the dose needed orally if plugged. With no tolerance it's harder to gauge, but perhaps whatever the equivalent amount of syrup that equals 5mg of morphine (the bottle should say XXmg morphine/XXmL - like, 10mg morphine/5mL syrup, which means there's 2mg of morphine in every milliliter of syrup. So just do the maths on whatever the bottle actually says, and go from there. The oral syringe often has mL marks on them, for easier measuring.

Good luck & stay as safe as possible!

~Kailey
Old 23-10-2011, 12:49
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thegrandwazoo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1

The only problem swim could foresee *and he really doubts this would be the case, swim has only noticed alcohol in cough syrups* but if there was some small amount of alcohol in the solution, that would burn but wouldn't but swim doesn't imagine it would be harmful (aside form some discomfort) if thats the case swim would just add some more water to dilute it and wait a few minutes.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, analgesic, avinza, first time iv use, kadian, kapanol, morphine, morphine sulfate, morphine sulfate liquid dosage, ms contin, opiate, opioid, oramorph, plugging, roxanol