Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Morphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-10-2011, 09:21
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Mr. Mojo Risin is a decent psychonaut.
insufflation of mallinckrodt Morphine extended release.

I see plenty of TEKS for injection of MS Contin and other time release morphines but none for snorting.
I was talking to a guy on the bus the other day and he started talking about how he had some 30mg extended release morphines from Mallinckrodt and that he wanted to snort them seeing as he enjoyed the feeling more than when he ate them. However, he was unsure of how to go about this so that it didn't just wax up in his nose and not get absorbed. He was wondering about whether or not you could just crisp them like you do with the OPs?
Anyways all his talk about this got me curious and I figured I'd ask you guys.

P.S. I did use the search engine if this thread exists I tried for several hours to find it.
Old 26-10-2011, 23:35
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thegrandwazoo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: insufflation of mallinckrodt Morphine extended release.

Snorting morphine is a waste, the bioavailability is much lower than taking it orally. average oral bioavailability is 23.9% *1*. Intranasal is 10% *2*, rectal bioavailability ranges between 12%-61% *3* (SWIM thinks that he remembers seeing an article that put rectal bioavailability even higher than 61% like 70-90% if conditions are perfect, also the study I cited for the rectal numbers was rather small). Swim would advise swiy to consider taking the morphine rectally for the best results. Snorting is not the way to use morphine taking it orally will get a lot more drug in your body.

If plugging is out of the question swim would remove any coating and crush the pill into a fine powder and put the powder in water or some other drink and take it that way (swim would put the morphine powder into something like a shot glass with some water or what ever you like to drink do it like a shot. (morphine has a very strong bitter taste that is not particularly enjoyable so swim would want to keep the volume of water as small as possible). Swim doesn't think crisping is necessary, crisping is used to stop geling so people can IV, if your not IVing gelling is not a big deal, if you get gel just swallow it, there may still be some delayed release but most of the drug will be released much faster than when the pill was intact do to the extra surface area the crushed powder, if anything the remaining time release will just keep swiy high longer. Swim cant tell the difference between his morphine IRs and if he crushes one of his MScontins.

Be safe and have fun!

Citations:
*1: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...d=242&id=11026

*2: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...d=242&id=11025

*3: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...d=242&id=11024

Last edited by thegrandwazoo; 27-10-2011 at 02:38. Reason: i left out a % sign on 23.9%, and forgot a not
Old 27-10-2011, 00:32
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

has your friend ever snorted an extended release pill before? not one like the new OP oxycontins, but something like the old oc oxycontins or something similar? the reason injecting them is hard is because they gel up really bad, but that doesn't mean snorting them will not work. to my knowledge those pills are not designed like the op oxycontins, so snorting them should be the same as snorting any other extended release pill. for example the old oc oxycontins everyone snorted all the time and it worked fine, but when shooting them they would gel up and it made them harder to work with. i would think it would be a mater if removing the coating, either by wetting it and rubbing it off, or by scraping it off, then crushing into powder and snorting. like you would with any other normal extended release tablet.

im not sure about the poster who said that morphine has a lower bioavailability intranasal than oral, doesn't seem like it makes much sense, usually snorting anything gives you a higher bio than oral. scientific sources also said oxycodone/oxycontin had a lower bioavailability when snorted than swallowed, but around the drug community this is pretty much considered either wrong or a lie to try and stop people from snorting pills. i can say ive taken oxy oral, nasal, and iv, and the strength from oral to nasal was not noticable, and iv is just a different high all around. all the people who snort oxycodone would swallow it if it had such a higher oral bioavailability. so perhaps snorting morphine may not have a lesser bio than oral, it may be a similar situation to the bioavailabilities of oxycodone which is pretty much considered that the scientists were wrong about the nasal bio. i really cant say, just something to consider. i have snorted morphine quite a bit, mostly when i was younger, and would get high from it. the last time i snorted it was about a year and a half ago, and i did get a buzz from it, though my tolerance was pretty high at the time so that could be why.
Old 27-10-2011, 02:34
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thegrandwazoo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Oxycodone has roughly the same bioavailibity with any route excluding IV (90%+) swim has never seen anything that claims a significantly lower bioavailibity of oxy when snorted oxy is considered to be almost completely absorbed no matter the route unlike morphine.

Morphine unlike oxy has wildly varying bioavailibity between people and between route of administration. All the documentation that swim has seen was very clear that insuflation of morphine was not as effective as taking it orally. Swim would love to see scholarly articles that say other wise. It is conceivable that some amount of the snorted drug would drip down out of the sinuses and into the throat and then be absorbed as if it was taken orally.

When swiy snorts something it gets into the blood alot faster, and would give a rush unlike oral, where the absorption is slower but more complete. people with no / low tolerance probably wouldn't care about the bioavailability of snorting. Now if you mix your morphine with chitosan and there is 5 fold increase in absorption when snorted check out the second source in my post above.
Old 29-10-2011, 21:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Mr. Mojo Risin is a decent psychonaut.

I'm aware of the bioavailability for whatever reason this guy prefers to snort. He says it gives him a better buzz or at least he enjoys it more. He doesn't plug. Just personal preference.
As soon as I brought up Coolhandlukes post he started going into a dream like state about those old OCs however he did say that he didn't remember the old OCs gelling at all. Though it could just be his memory.
Thanks for the help. He says that just for the record if you crush them up REALLY fine and then snort them it's generally good. However, crisping does appear to provide at least some benefit though he couldn't be sure of this.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, avinza, bioavailability, drug, drugs, drugs forum, etizolam, insufflation, kadian, kapanol, morphine, ms contin, opiate, opioid, oramorph, oxycodone, roxanol, snorting drugs