Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 15-10-2011, 02:35
Silver Member

Male from United States
fastsupra is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Effect of Quaaludes from someone experienced, what to watch out for

A friend of a friend wants to try some Quaaludes but was wondering about the effects and what to expect. They have made a big return in New York and this friend is trying to learn about them before taking the plunge. He is a big dude and wants to play safe so any advice from some older member with experience would be appreciated.
Old 15-10-2011, 03:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Effect of Quaaludes from someone experienced, what to watch out for

firstly i would ask how you know they are Quaaludes actually. that drug has been outlawed since the early for several decades in the united states and most of the developed world. i have read some information in parts of africa they have become heavily abused, but the only thing ive read about them being around north america were counterfeit pills which contained diazepam.

are these pharmaceutical produced pills, or some kind of clandestine produced powder or what?
Old 17-10-2011, 17:17
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
firstly i would ask how you know they are Quaaludes actually. that drug has been outlawed since the early for several decades in the united states and most of the developed world. i have read some information in parts of africa they have become heavily abused, but the only thing ive read about them being around north america were counterfeit pills which contained diazepam.

are these pharmaceutical produced pills, or some kind of clandestine produced powder or what?
There is no way this person knows if they are real, there is so much stuff out there and you can never know what's in these pills unless you buy them from a reliable source. Considering that these things are not sold by reliable sources anymore, there is no way of knowing.

I have a link to a recent Quaalude bust on Long island that was highly publicized here last year but I cannot post and links yet cause I don't have enough privileges until 50 posts to do so.

It is all a guess and we are assuming from the efforts put into busting these rings right now from the government that they are somewhat real. I will send you a PM if I can.
Old 17-10-2011, 18:18
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

I haven't seen "real" Quaaludes (the Rorers or Lemons) in probably 25 years, but I know that there are a whole lot of fakes out there. People play on the legend of the name, just about 3 months ago, I had someone offer me "real" 714's! I laughed and walked away. If someone is offering real Quaaludes, I would ask to test them before I would ever try them.
Old 17-10-2011, 20:25
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinreleased View Post
I haven't seen "real" Quaaludes (the Rorers or Lemons) in probably 25 years, but I know that there are a whole lot of fakes out there. People play on the legend of the name, just about 3 months ago, I had someone offer me "real" 714's! I laughed and walked away. If someone is offering real Quaaludes, I would ask to test them before I would ever try them.
I've never seen real ludes, I missed that whole era.
Old 17-10-2011, 23:34
Nomen est Omen

St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsupra View Post
I've never seen real ludes, I missed that whole era.
Did I just date myself? LOL! The old 714's were a rare experience, that is for sure. One of the funniest things I ever saw was a friend of mine drop face-first into a plate of mashed potatoes and gravy while under the influence of several 'Ludes. He stayed like that for a good minute or two, then his head comes up and he looks around and says "dude, whats all over my face?"

Fucking hilarious!
Old 18-10-2011, 05:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC

fastsupra it sounds like in your parts there may be real methaqualone (quaalude) made from clandestine labs. the news article you posted said that an underground chemist made hundreds of thousands of pills, article found here http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=169790.

though that was from a year ago, their may very well be other members of the organization who were not busted and are still producing this.

were you given any info about how many milligrams are in the pills, i guess i know nothing about the drug so for all i know it could be in the microgram range??? anyway if you had an estimate of how much was in them, or how many others you know have taken, you could get an estimate of how many should be taken. personally i would not take them unless i knew other who had taken the same pills from the same batch from the same dealer, and get info from them.

any old timers who can give us a how many milligrams of quaalude was a normal recreational dose? my guess is that the OP wouldn't know how many mg of methaqualone were in these pills, if they were indeed methaqualone, but perhaps in the future someone from a place where the drug is still prescribed and the info could be useful.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:16
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,830, Level: 11 Points: 5,830, Level: 11 Points: 5,830, Level: 11
Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9%

Swims friend has always been curious about this drug especially the fact that it almost completely died out after pharmaceutical manufacturing ceased and the drug's precursors were supposedly hard to access.

His friends father has tried them though, he said they used to call them gorilla biscuits. As supposedly they would make them feel stronger than normal, how truthful this is swim has no clue. But based on what he described it sounded like it may be somewhat like a mix between a benzodiazepine and an opiate. His father still talks about them like they are something legendary and great, along with the columbian gold, and the peruvian flake.

Peace
Old 18-10-2011, 05:34

57 y/o Male from United States
stevenldavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

a 714 is 300mg quaalude
a blue tip or Parest is 400mg quaalude
a 712 is 150mg quaalude
bootleg quaalude powder was big after the pulled all quaalude 7/25/1985

Last edited by Phenoxide; 18-10-2011 at 20:43. Reason: chemistry discussion omitted
Old 18-10-2011, 05:36
Palladium Member

56 y/o Male from United States
Balzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline Medline
Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

For me, it was a lot like being shit-faced drunk, but "cleaner" in some way.
I once side-swiped a car parked on the side of the road while driving on them and went on to the movies like nothing had happened. The cops came into the theater to get me. They were not amused, nor very understanding.
Another time, I kept calling my regular girlfriend "Charlotte", but her name was "Cheryl". Did it three times in a row. Charlotte was just another girl I had had a previous thing for, but thought I was over. Guess not. It was over for me and Cheryl after she stormed out, though. Don't think we ever spoke again.
Another time, I was in a boating accident while on them. We ran over another boat. Thankfully, nobody was hurt and it wasn't me driving that time. We were all doing them.
Loss of balance..... loss of good sense....... it's wise to have what is now referred to as a "trip-sitter" while doing those things.
~sigh~ Who knows how things might have turned out for me and whats-her-name if not for those quaaludes.....

Post Quality Evaluations:
Dudes on ludes should not drive. :)
Old 18-10-2011, 06:29
Silver Member

Male from United States

the one that got away eh?

for real though can you tell us the dosages you consumed if your able to remember? i cant see it being different than having the sense not to drive while drunk or fucked up on other drugs. i know the 70's were a different time where dui was basically a non issue, non days people who dont want to be in jail and pay thousands of dollars dont drive fucked up
Old 18-10-2011, 08:40
Silver Member

Female from Australia
Oblomova is a decent psychonaut.Oblomova is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

My experience has been with Mandrax, a formulation containing methaqualone (250 mg) and diphenhydramine hydrochloride (25 mg). As a disturbed teenager in a psychiatric ward, I'd get one at 8pm for sleep, then another at 10pm if I'd managed to stay awake. The cumulative result of the two - i.e. 500mg methaqualone and 50mg diphenhydramine about two hours apart - would then be an enjoyable relaxed, uninhibited, blurry state knocking around the ward until after midnight.

After that introduction, I used it recreationally a bit. I can't remember the dosage details, but my guess (remembering the hospital experiences) is that 2 or at most 3 at once was quite enough to induce these effects strongly. And that's with no alcohol, but possibly some tolerance. Always start low if that's what you're thinking of.

Later experiences with Mandrax also included an automobile side-swipe, causing a pursuit by an enraged other driver who turned out to be technically the one at fault, poor bugger.

Mandies made one a bit too loose and relaxed, and uninhibited as I mentioned.
Old 18-10-2011, 15:32
Palladium Member

Balzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline Medline

Quote:
the one that got away eh?

for real though can you tell us the dosages you consumed if your able to remember?
The only ones I ever took were the ones marked "RORER 714" and most often, they were given to me by friends.

One pill would always have been enough, but I would usually be given two and was stupid enough to take them both. I think every time I took two, something bad happened.
Old 18-10-2011, 16:07
Nomen est Omen

One 'Lude seemed to be about the equivalent of about 6 or 7 shots of 80 proof alcohol. The come-up was rather quick and, as Balza stated, it was "clean". That is actually a perfect description, but one that you really have to experience to fully understand. Two "ludes hit hard and fast, and you would indeed do stupid shit that seemed reasonable at the time ( like hitting cars and just going along on your merry way!). There was a tolerance issue with repeated use, I knew individuals who took these regularly and would take 4 or 5 at a time. Of course, then they would face-plant in the dinner plate, but it was all good fun!
Old 18-10-2011, 16:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

58 y/o Male from United States
1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Quote:
I think every time I took two, something bad happened.
This basically sums up my experiences. Lots of nakedness and lots of car wrecks.
Old 19-10-2011, 00:07
Silver Member

Male from United States

Im sure that friend of a friend of mine really hopes these are good quality present day ludes and is hoping for similar effects from them. There will be no cars involved but hopefully there will be some great stories that I can report to you guys once I get the report myself.
Old 19-10-2011, 03:15
Silver Member

56 y/o Female from United States
imme is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Oh Man!
I'm pretty much repeating what others have said but my friend liked 'em so much she just had to reply. She used to swallow Rorer 714s on a fairly regular basis as they were plentiful way back when.

She's one of those strange people that becomes more social on downers than uppers. Cocaine made her paranoid, tense, quiet & semi-reflective. Ludes made her gregarious, smile, laugh, & even tell jokes, (she wouldn't think of trying to tell a joke when straight as she was normally pretty shy in group settings). She was also a happy drunk if that means anything. And She agrees that they are a very clean type of high.

One 714 was plenty but I know she'd take more than one at times simply because she forgot that one was enough. You know that thought process, "If one is this good, two would be even better!", feeling.

It's way too easy to OD on them in her opinion because short term memory was non-existent. Best to have someone who's not taking them hold on to them if possible.

She remembers picking them up off the floor (for what felt like hours) in her girlfriends bedroom. Each time they would find one they would start to giggle and laugh. They kept finding them in odd places and they thought it was hysterical. Things just seemed very laughable when they were on Ludes.

She weighed 95 pounds and her metabolism was average but she seemed to tolerate more downers than most people she hung out with.

Imme
Old 19-10-2011, 03:53
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by imme View Post

It's way too easy to OD on them in her opinion because short term memory was non-existent. Best to have someone who's not taking them hold on to them if possible.

Imme
does this statement mean that is is easy to die from them because you black out and do crazy/stupid shit, or that the line between getting high and dying is very fine and can be crossed easily by taking just a little too much?

sounds like you think it is easy to die cuz you black out and do stupid things, from the way you worded this, anyone know anything about this. im sure mixing with other depressants is very dangerous because of the risk of respiratory depression and can possibly lead you to quit breathing.

just would like to know exactly what that statement means, if the drug its self causes overdoses by crossing a very fine line, such as with fentanyl where the drug is so powerful that the difference between getting high and being in a body bag at a morgue is a tiny amount.
Old 19-10-2011, 05:52
Silver Member

Female from United States
The_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way up
Points: 382, Level: 3 Points: 382, Level: 3 Points: 382, Level: 3
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

SWIM has never cared for downers, really, and she was still in grade school when these things were removed from the market; her only knowledge of quaaludes was seeing Chong dress up as one in Up in Smoke, she thinks it was.

She would definitely try them if she got the chance, just to be able to see what the fuss was about, and would likely have paid a good deal for them, had she ever run across them. Just for the novelty of it. It would have been an interesting thing to try. SWIM is a very curious kind of a gal.
Old 19-10-2011, 12:17
Palladium Member

Quote:
does this statement mean that is is easy to die from them because you black out and do crazy/stupid shit, or that the line between getting high and dying is very fine and can be crossed easily by taking just a little too much?
I'm pretty sure she just means that while one is definitely enough, it's easy (and common) to decide to take more if you have them on hand. With that in mind, it's best not to have a pocket full of them after taking one. Let someone else hold them.
I don't remember them as being easy to overdose on and hearing of a lot of people dying from taking too many, but if you want to have a great time, one is enough.
Of course, drinking alcohol with quaaludes is probably dangerous and certainly counterproductive.
The times I took one were great. The times I took two.... not so great.
Old 20-10-2011, 13:52
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

58 y/o Male from United States
1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Swim recalls through the haze that quaaludes and LSD went well together. Each mellowed the more severe side effects of the other substance. The acid kept you more alert, and the
quaaludes mellowed the acid.
Old 21-10-2011, 00:58
Silver Member

56 y/o Female from United States
imme is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Re-hi, No, she wouldn't say that it's like Fentanyl's very fine line. She's done Fentanyl and thinks she understands what your talking about in that regard.

It's like what Balzafire said. And it's like the person who drinks, and thinks they only had 4 shots when they really had 6. They simply aren't paying attention because they're too busy having fun. In that sense it could be too easy to take too many.

Imme

Share this on:

Tags
lemmon 714, methaqualone, quaalude, quaalude dosage, quaaludes

» New Threads
Detoxing off Methadone
Last post by LuLu81
0 Replies, 1 Views
7 days clean from Oxycodone - need...
Last post by Taarna
6 Replies, 196 Views
Heart rate lower after taking...