Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 14-10-2011, 11:06
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
molly is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 647, Level: 3 Points: 647, Level: 3 Points: 647, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Curious about intramuscular injection

I somehow came across the term "intramuscular," and soon figured out this is how they administer shots. I thought all along doctors actually shoot your vein when giving you vaccines, and such, i never really put much thought into it before... I googled, "recreational intramuscular" and google came up with IM'ing ketamine, so I did another search, "intramuscular heroin," to see if that has ever been done before, and not to my surprise, it has been.

I've never IV'd anything in my life, nor do I plan to. If I were to IV *any* drug, it would probably be pure mdma, for the simple fact MDMA isn't known to be addictive, compared to IV meth, cocaine and heroin, so I wouldn't be "stuck" on the needle, or whatever. I doubt I will ever find pure enough MDMA that I would actually pursue injecting it, nor would I want to waste my drugs like that (short rush, vs a more "lived out" experience via oral). Okay anyway, this is a little off topic, so anyway...

If, hypothetically, someone had a good background in chemistry, synthesized pure mdma and administered it to one of their's rat's intramuscularly, how do you think it would effect this "doctor's" rat? Obviously long term use I would highly recommend against because who knows what kind of damage that would do to the muscles of the rat over time... I'm curious about bioavailability, onset, peak, duration, and intensity compared to oral intranasal and/or rectal administration? Would it be as effective? If it were for a "one time" basis, for the sake of comparing it to other ROAs, what would be the risks?

This idea is probably wreckless, and I highly recommend that nobody try this, at all, unless you are a licensed medical professional. =)
Old 14-10-2011, 14:15
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,408, Level: 18 Points: 15,408, Level: 18 Points: 15,408, Level: 18
Activity: 11.4% Activity: 11.4% Activity: 11.4%
Re: Curious about intramuscular injection

I don't know anything about chemistry or synthesising drugs, but I do know about injecting, so I thought I'd clear up a couple of things.

Ok, firstly there are three ways that drugs may be injected;

Subcutaneously (SQ) which just means beneath the skin, which is why it's more commonly termed "skin popping." Insulin is a drug that is injected subcutaneously.

Intramuscularly (IM) which is an injection given into the muscle. Antibiotics are usually given this way.

Intravenous (IV) which is an injection given into the vein. This ROA is normally used when a drug needs to be gotten into a persons system by the fastest route possible.

I'd also like to just clear up a couple of misconceptions about injecting and drug use. Firstly, although MDMA is not seen as an addictive drug, there have been cases where people have become addicted to the effects that they get from the drug. They've become psychologically addicted to MDMA, much in the same way it's possible to become psychologically addicted to cannabis.

Secondly, with IV drug use a lot of people find they become addicted to the process of finding a vein and seeing the blood register, even when they have no drugs in the syringe. This is called a "needle fixation." You don't have to use heroin (or any of the other addictive drugs mentioned) to have a needle fixation. This can become a secondary problem to the actual addiction that you have for the drug you're injecting.

I hope this helped, love.

Sparkles.
Old 28-10-2011, 12:14
Banned

92 y/o Male from United States
Tony Williams is on the way upTony Williams is on the way upTony Williams is on the way up

All drugs taken IV-route are/or can be addictive as IV-use shows very addictive behaver. Plus MDMA is well known for binging on. MDMA is probably best just taken oral and if you had powder form maybe snort some on the comeup but for god sake, don't bang it unless you know what you're doing.

I recently shot Methylone-IV and it had just an incrediable rush, I would advise against this as it's an RC/etc etc

Also any STREET drug will contain bacteria, etc this is what can cause abcesses, problems, etc in the muscle when done via IM. Ketamine can come in vials for IV/IM use.
Old 28-10-2011, 14:00
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

There's a thread on injecting MDMA HERE with plenty of information on why overall this is a Bad Idea Although on review I see that you posted in that thread too..so I'm not sure what else can be added?
Stay safe.
Old 28-10-2011, 21:08
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catseye View Post
There's a thread on injecting MDMA HERE with plenty of information on why overall this is a Bad Idea Although on review I see that you posted in that thread too..so I'm not sure what else can be added?
Stay safe.
injecting anything intravaneously has an immediate effect because it goes straight into the blood stream. injecting intramuscularly, which is what this thread is about, has a slower onset, and perhaps more subtle effects. so the type of information that can be added, is if it's pure mdma, and injected safely (sterile, under medical supervision, etc), could it be just as safe as other ROA'S, not including IV?
Old 28-10-2011, 21:19
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%

As it is impossible to obtain sterile MDMA at all, the question is not answerable.

Sorry for the one-liner, but it is as easy as that.
TBBW
Old 28-10-2011, 21:23
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
As it is impossible to obtain sterile MDMA at all, the question is not answerable.

Sorry for the one-liner, but it is as easy as that.
TBBW
where do you get your evidence for this? why is it that mdma cant be sterile, but hospitals can inject other drugs and consider it sterile? one liners really serve no purpose, ever, especially in your post because you make a claim without backing it up.
Old 28-10-2011, 21:59
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute

Sterile in micrubiology means the following: (taken from wikipedia)
Quote:
Preparation of injectable medications and intravenous solutions for fluid replacement therapy requires not only a high sterility assurance level, but also well-designed containers to prevent entry of adventitious agents after initial product sterilization.
Sterilization as a definition terminates all life; whereas sanitization and disinfection terminates selectively and partially. Both sanitization and disinfection reduce the number of targeted [pathogenic] organisms to what are considered "acceptable" levels - levels that a reasonably healthy, intact, body can deal with. An example of this class of process is Pasteurization.
I will immediately remove my above post if anyone can show me evidence that clandestinely produced MDMA (and I know of none produced by official pharm producers) meets the above definition of sterile.

I have worked eleven years of my life in a university hospital's departement for sterile supply, so just trust in the words of a pro or have trust in clandestine laboratories.

That is why it is so easy.
TBBW

Post Quality Evaluations:
perfectly worded reply with the evidence to back it up..well done
Old 28-10-2011, 23:26
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
Sterile in micrubiology means the following: (taken from wikipedia)

I will immediately remove my above post if anyone can show me evidence that clandestinely produced MDMA (and I know of none produced by official pharm producers) meets the above definition of sterile.

I have worked eleven years of my life in a university hospital's departement for sterile supply, so just trust in the words of a pro or have trust in clandestine laboratories.

That is why it is so easy.
TBBW
Who said anything about clandstine chemistry? I hope you don't actually think I'm serious when I could simply just plug it, or eat it which both is proven to be effective... I stumbled across the term intramuscular injection and just thought I'd ask. I hope nobody else takes this thread seriously either, since it's strictly a hypothetical scenario.

Last edited by molly; 28-10-2011 at 23:36.
Old 29-10-2011, 22:53
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany

I suppose you do not really want to read a retort to your above post. Hypothetically spoken...

TBBW

Share this on:

Tags
3.4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, addicted, drug, drugs, entactogen, heroin, injecting, mdma, oxycodone, pure mdma, stimulant, xtc